[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cant into gd Family friend wanted a leaflet to promote a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: sample1.png (988 KB, 1240x1748) Image search: [Google]
sample1.png
988 KB, 1240x1748
Cant into gd

Family friend wanted a leaflet to promote a new business, said I'd help out. This is my first proof. I know something is wrong with it, but I don't know what. I feel its lacking, but I don't want to over-clutter it. Any advice?
>>
Replace the info you want kept private with dummy text instead of just deleting it and post it again
>>
>>243869
Will do that tomorrow. Just got into bed and don't have access to the file at the moment.

The only text that is deleted is the contact info and the location of the "Central clinic". I guess it does make a big difference to how its seen by the eye.
>>
File: sample1.1.png (1008 KB, 1240x1748) Image search: [Google]
sample1.1.png
1008 KB, 1240x1748
Here it is with text filled in.

I will need a bit of room at the bottom left side for the health licence logo thing, which I have not had sent to me yet.
>>
>>243936
Yeah... it's not graphically brilliant but, the worse, IMO, is the copy. It's bland and looks very amateurish. Not from a place that should convey professionalism and feel secure (we're talking about lasers here).

Create a headline to "catch" people's attention and make the rest of the info smaller.
For example:
> Laser treatments from £20
> Fully insured and licensed laser tattoo removals, carbon laser skin rejuvenation and Nevus of Ota removals.
>Book your first session, for £20, for our mobile or walk in treatments at out central London clinic.

Disclaimer: I'm not british, american, canadian, aussie, kiwi ... etc. English is not my native language.
>>
>>243941
What do you mean by the copy? And I appreciate the feedback.
>>
>>243945
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_(written)
>>
>>243948
I don't know what else can be said. There isn't much I can think of that can be used as a filler apart from it being licensed by a health-board, offering of mobile/walk in treatments, the treatments that can be carried out.
>>
File: 1404891681dr.john.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1404891681dr.john.jpg
158 KB, 1024x768
>>243951
My suggestion of "Laser treatments from £20" was for it to be a headline. A big, large, catchy, headline. I used only stuff you already had.

Ideally, I'd scrap all that and create something a bit more clever, less boring, maybe with a bit of humor that can make that particular business and leaflet stand-out from all the other stuff that's already around.

Imagine a leaflet with an image of an arm. On top of that arm there's a tattoo printed in that silver material (no idea the name) that you can scratch with your finger to reveal something bellow. There, there's some sort of info or gag about tattoo removal and the services that that business provides... see where I'm getting at? It's probably expensive to make and not feasible for that particular leaflet of your family friend, but there's always a way to make something that is, in principle, boring into something that stands out (picture related).
>>
>>243956
>picture related

Well it stands out, but who in their right mind would trust a tear off ad for dental work?
>>
>>243976
True, in abstract, but based on presentation alone, I would trust it more than OPs leaflet.

With that said, doctors and dentists are one of those things where a recommendation from a friend or family is more valuable than a leaflet or tear off ever will be.
This laser thing probably falls into that category as well.
>>
>>243976
It gains extra points for, probably, attracting more attention on the street than a billboard or some leaflets.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.