[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>obtain associates degree in computer programming from local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>obtain associates degree in computer programming from local community college within two years of graduating high school
>get hired as Junior Java Developer for a company in the Research Triangle Park making $61,000
>after second interview, was told that I would be working in the Java department
>day one, I'm moved to web development
>spend one month working with Cold Fusion coding front end HTML bullshit
>express concern to boss about not getting experience in my field as a programmer
>he tells me it's temporary, to be patient
>spend another month working in web development
>still haven't written one line of java for the company after working there 2 month
>express concern to boss about not getting experience in my field as a programmer
>he tells me it's temporary, be patient
>three weeks go by
>company hires new employee. she goes directly into the Java department and stays there
>discover that she has no experience and is getting the mentoring I was promised
>express concern to boss
>told that I'll be staying in web development because I'm good at it
>post my resume on Monster and get hired at a new company as a Junior Java Developer making $68,000
>they know that I'm unhappy about not gaining experience in writing Java at my current job and they promise that I'll be writing code day one
>submit my resignation to current employer
>he is pissed off. he reminds me that he told me to be patient
>I told him that I had been patient but no more
>get fired. told to clean out my desk and never come back

Can I sue for wrongful termination?
>>
>>54501205
Doubtful, contact a lawyer if your really concerned.
I'm sure you can claim unemployment, though until your hired again.
>>
File: ef8.png (795 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ef8.png
795 KB, 1920x1080
>being a wagecuck
>>
>>54501205
No because you live in North Carolina. This is a Right to Work state.
>>
>>54501205
>associates
She probably had a better degree.
>>
I don't understand why you're angry.
Don't you already have the other job offer lined up?
>>
>>54501252
hes mad because they did him wrong
you don't do people that way
>>
>>54501205
>has no experience and is getting the mentoring I was promised
Kind of like you had no experience, right? Oh but you only have an associated she probably has a BS in CS or CE. Get fucked bitter faggot.
>>
>>54501252
My new job doesn't start for two weeks,so I'm losing two weeks pay. Also, they way I was fired was humiliating. It was done publicly, in front of the people I had been working with since I started.
>>
>>54501245
You're looking for "at-will employment".
Right to work has to do with union shit.
>>
>>54501262
You resigned at a shitty company and are being taken in by another company who already said they're not gonna do the same thing to you.

What is the problem?
They probably hated your egotistical attitude and that's why they kept you in the web dev janitor basement.

>>54501276
>humiliating
Confirmed for massive ego.
Enjoy getting fired again.
>>
>>54501276
You cant do shit except get unemployment.
>>
Ask a lawyer or reddit's law boards. Otherwise just swallow your pride and move on. Management is run by dicks, much to do about nothing.
>>
>>54501276
You realize no one here actually believes you are making 60,000 with an associates degree from a community college, right?
>>
>>54501276
Wagekeks cant sit still for 2 weeks
>>
>>54501305
Companies around me hire for it around there all the time. Usually they want a couple of years experience and prefer a degree.
>>
>>54501305
My company is starving for Java developers right now. We just hired some kid straight out of high school who doesn't even have experience and we're paying him $58,000.

He doesn't even have an associates.
>>
What is the equivalent of an associate degree outside of us?

My uni degree has a 3 years duration and is a CS/Web dev hybrid. It is a superior degree, but not a bachelor.

Just curious. Maybe it is the same as an associate degree from a comunity college. It is public, but public college are like the harvards here while private unis are forplebs, I believe its the opposite in the US.
>>
>>54501427
Where are you nigga? I need a job and I have a BS in CS. I'll take 60k starting
>>
>>54501438
It's a two year degree focused entirely on one subject (no core classes). It is about 5 classes per semester for 4-5 semesters. An associate degree basically cuts out the first two years of the typical bachelor degree and focuses the curriculum on a particular subject of study.
>>
>>54501456
https://jobs.lincolnfinancial.com/

If you know any Java, we're definitely hiring.
>>
>>54501523
>nebraska
Thanks anyway
>>
>>54501523
>https://jobs.lincolnfinancial.com/
>no jobs in CA

Fiddlesticks
>>
>>54501427

Eurokek here.
Why do americans on this board always complain about the lack of opportunities?
On one hand there are highscoolers hired for wages that are unthinkable were I live, on the other people who claim to be programmers and who can't find jobs. Somebody is lying here.
>>
>>54501593
If you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with zero competition, it's easy to get programming jobs at the only building in the entire tri-county area with computers in it.
>>
>>54501593
They're not willing to move
>>
>>54501593

Competition is a factor? Graduated with a 3.0 GPA and my uni churns out fucktons of CS majors, so there are usually more attractive hires in the area
>>
>>54501593
People wiling to move to where the job is located don't have cause to complain.
>>
>>54501640
Moving is expensive.

There really is such a thing as being trapped in your state unless you intend to arrive homeless.
>>
>>54501659
> so there are usually more attractive hires in the area

Change area
>>
>>54501593
Finding jobs is very regional and the US is a huge place. Eurocucks wouldn't understand it. I could probably get a job if I was willing to uproot everything and move 1700 miles southwest but around here the best I can do if I get lucky after 700 applications, half with cover letters, and about 10 interviews is get a shitty job 2 hours away in NYC. Maybe.
>>
>>54501523

LFG is funny, I went to a hackathon they hosted once and wiped the floor with local untalent, took the cash and split. Every older guy there doing mentoring/coaching for the event hated it there but felt stuck because of family/etc
>>
>>54501690
Also, I'm pretty sure at least half of the businesses I've applied to are actually just financial scams of some sort and I'm going to have my organs harvested if I go to the wrong interview.
>>
>>54501593
Most programming jobs are centered around basically three geographic regions of the United States. Northern California, New York and the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. Sure, there are a few computer programming jobs in other regions, but not anywhere near the concentration you'll find in the geographic regions I have mentioned.

The people you see complaining here are too stupid to move to where the jobs are.
>>
>>54501667
>Moving is expensive.
It isn't nearly as expensive as going months without a paycheck. Live in your fucking car if you have to. Whatever it takes to get your foot in the door.
>>
>>54501734
>you should become homeless just for a CHANCE at a job, no guarantees that you won't be living under a bridge

kill yourself
>>
>>54501690
As a eurokek I would gladly uproot myself to bumfuck Nebraska and take that 60k job, nut amerikeks would'nt understand.
BTW, southern eurokek, northern eurokeks may have less trouble finding and mantaining jobs, if they don't get blown up on their way to work.
>>
>>54501744
You get hired FIRST moron. You don't go there and sleep in your car until after they've hired you. How hard is it to get a $35 membership at a gym so that you can take a shower every morning?

You people are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>54501751
Even if you had to drive to North Korea? Cause that's the kind of distance you'll cover just moving across Texas.

Just putting the size of the us into perspective for you
>>
>>54501751
Then do it faggot.
>>
>>54501771
>he can afford gas for his car and $35 membership for his showers

how the fuck are you supposed to do that without a job?
>>
>>54501790
>not having one family member or friend willing to loan you $200.

Losers will find any excuse to fail. Your mother hugged you too much.
>>
>>54501773

Three hour flight maybe? Gee that's hard.
A couple of days with a beaten volvo wagon?
Just admit that you are a lazy fucker.
>>
>>54501499

Yeah, its basically the same as mine, except we use the word "technologist degree" instead of "associates", now I understand why my university is having an exchange program for community colleges and have partnership with those colleges. I suppose it last one year more because we have some entry level cs classes and the rest is focused entirely on web development. The course is described with literally the same words you used.
Except we can jump the whole bachelor stuff and go straight to post graduation and so forth, if we want, a way to compensante things missing in our cv because we didnt go the traditional bachelor route and not going back to this stage, I believe. You guys have the same freedom there? Its good for people who want to go as fast as possible to the job market.

But i'm finding it quite a mess, to be honest. I already work as a web dev on my own but I want a degree just to show to my clients, some of them like it more than a good portfolio. The course feels likes a very very shallow CS stuff. Almost nothing related to web.
>>
>>54501806
Nobody loans you anything when you're in dire straits.

You sound like an overcoddled 20-something who had everything in his life handed to him.
>>
>>54501777
Only Mexicans can enter the US without a visa, and that window of opportunity is closing fast, faggot.
>>
>>54501815
no, I just have basic social skills. Making friends is only difficult for autists.
>>
>>54501205
Seeing as you submitted your resignation, I don't think you really have a case.
>>
>>54501818
There isn't gonna be a wall, dumb shit.
It's gonna cost 50 billion a year just to maintain it.
>>
File: cheetah-girls-cheetah-sistahs.jpg (282 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
cheetah-girls-cheetah-sistahs.jpg
282 KB, 1500x1000
>>54501823
>friends
>loaning money
hahahaha
>>
>>54501833
Hillary, please
>>
File: He's right you know.jpg (41 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
He's right you know.jpg
41 KB, 720x536
>>54501815
>Losers will find any excuse to fail.
>>
>>54501853
Yeah, let me just debase myself completely as a human being and suck dicks just to keep myself alive.

Where there's a will, there's a way!!!
>>
File: Luke Skywalker 2.0.jpg (70 KB, 742x927) Image search: [Google]
Luke Skywalker 2.0.jpg
70 KB, 742x927
>>54501835
>obviously living with your mother
>ridiculing others
>>
>>54501860
Life must be very difficult for you.
>>
>>54501751
Stop lying, no one willfully moves to Nebraska
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>54501716
>pretending that Texas has never seen a line of code
>>
>>54501790
How are you not homeless already?
>>
>>54501815
>Nobody loans you anything when you're in dire straits.

That's why normal people mantain a good relationship with their family.
>>
>>54501771
>You get hired FIRST moron.
>>54501790
>how the fuck are you supposed to do that without a job?
>>54501771
>You get hired FIRST moron.

can't you read? holy fuck.
>>
>>54501205
being fired for seeking other employment is highly illegal. you should talk to a lawyer
>>
>>54501883
>Stop lying, no one willfully moves to Nebraska

Maybe not forever, but for a stint, why not. Work for a couple of years there, make a bit of money and get valuable experience. Sounds like a good plan.
>>
Honestly, you can make more money applying for autismbucks than chasing after a quickly disappearing programming job market in your bumfuck state.

I don't understand why anyone would take years off their life stressing out about how they will sustain themselves when they can just become NEET.
>>
>>54501205
honestly, i think you should just be grateful you have a job. seriously.
you should have done work on java on your own.
you should tell us details about why being fired was "humiliating".
thank you in advance anon.
>>
>>54501943
nobody comes back from nebraska
>>
>>54501951
>become a NEET
how can you enjoy living so poorly? people like you are the only reason i think welfare is stupid
>>
>>54501904
kek
>>
>>54501915
>>54501853
>>54501806
>>54501771
>>54501734

This attitude annoys the shit out of me. As if abusive or mentally ill or dirt poor parents don't exist or some shit.

>lol d00d just borror 1k from your parents, what are you, an autist
>d00d just use your trust fund that you obviously have because I have one

The ironic thing is that you people who have been so fucking coddled and lucky turn around and blame poor people for being poor, seriously fuck you
>>
>>54501205
you should be happy you're getting salaries that high with a shitty associates degree, faggot.
>>
>>54502106
>tfw no degree
>tfw higher salaries than dipshits who went to school because I'm miles ahead in experience now
>>
>>54501205
>Gets a 60k job with two year degree
>The Boss despite have no experience in web programming gives a job for 60k...

Nigga you fucked up.
>>
>>54502072
Doesn't burgerland have unemployment benefits or some shit? Isn't that enough to fucking go look for a job somewhere?
>>
File: projecting.jpg (114 KB, 1600x1254) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
114 KB, 1600x1254
>>54502072
>lives with his parents
>has no practical skills, incapable of being an independent adult
>accuses others of being coddled

Look at all that projection
>>
>>54502072
>your parents are the only people capable of giving out loans
:^)
almost any bank will give you loans to start a business if you have any half-decent proposal.
>>
>>54502176
Unemployment benefits are paid for by the company that fired you, and they can easily escape paying you unemployment by claiming you were fired for just cause, like gross negligence.
>>
>>54502201
Truly the land of freedom.
>>
>>54501667
>>54501744
>>54501790
>>54501815
>>54501835
>>54501860
>>54502072
>>54502201

/Excuses

>>54501806
>Losers will find any excuse to fail.
>>
>>54502072

Fine, your parents are shit anon.
Do you want to make a "shitty parent contest" anon? I'm sure I could win.
Stop being a lazy ass basement dwelling bernie bro, and move where the jobs are.
>>
>>54501904
This
>>
>>54502261
>>54502251
>lol d00d just borrow 1k from ur parents and move to bumfuck nowhere for a job! it's so easy! are you autistic????

Closing this thread.
>>
>>54502149
>tfw finished undergrad
>tfw went to grad school, and was too stupid to go into pharm.d or md program
>tfw 7 years of college and counting while earning just above minimum wage
that's what i get for being retarded enough to listen to my parents about going to college, who couldn't even figure out their own lives. what a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>54502279

How about earning some money by working some shitty jobs?

>hurr durr there are no jobs

Yeah of course
>>
>>54502279
Go get a job at your local supermarket or some shit, and earn the money to move somewhere better.
>>
>>54502072
I know somebody that makes 6 figures now that, guaranteed, had it worse than you did. He left his house at 15 and fought tooth and nail to not be poor. Guess what? He's no longer poor. You don't even have the balls of a 15 year old. If your family sucks, leave them. You'll be homeless for a bit, but you can overcome that. Panhandlers make 30k per year around here for 4 hours of work per day. That's enough to get a gym membership, eat well, and put money into savings. If you're not a drug addict like they usually are, you'll be fucking fine in like 6 months.
>>
>>54501951
>>54501951
Autismbux is a meme. I'm in PA and my app h has been in for a year and they want go in front of a judge and convince him I'm disabled. I actually have a health condition that affects my quality of life and still get turned down.
>>
>>54501205
>>submit my resignation
You can sue, but you'll be wasting you time and money.
>>
>>54502315
most people don't factor the opportunity cost of missing out of four years of salary into to cost of going to college.

You could go to truck driving school for 2 weeks, get a job as a truck driver within a month and make $40k your first year, $55k your second year $60k your third and fourth year = $215,000 you didn't make because you weren't working while in school. Add that to the cost of tuition, room and board and books and THEN you'll get the true cost of an education.

If you aren't pursuing a degree that will make the 6 figure income that will enable you to catch up and recover the opportunity cost of not working for 4 years, you're completely wasting your time going to college.
>>
>>54501205
Why would you resign before being hired? Did you have to give two weeks notice or something?
>>
>>54501205
> op only worked for 3 or so days
> complain to boss each day
> quit after day 3
Kek
>>
>>54502414
I didn't resign before getting hired. I got hired and then I submitted a two week notice. I told the company that hired me that I wouldn't be available to start until after I finished my two week notice at my current job and they understood. When I submitted my two week notice, my boss fired me in front of everybody. The whole experience working for this company was very unprofessional.
>>
File: mindblown.jpg (144 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.jpg
144 KB, 400x400
>>54502411
>>
>>54502440
it was 3 weeks

that's still a stupidly short amount of time
OP is gonna be out of a job very soon
>>
>>54502440
>spend one month working with Cold Fusion
>spend another month working in web development
>three weeks go by

That's almost 3 months.
>>
>>54502447
Stop being a little bitch and move on. Call the company that hired you and tell them what happened. They will probably let you start earlier than intended.
>>
>>54502447
>When I submitted my two week notice, my boss fired me in front of everybody.

He looks like one of "those" types. Smart move anon, you cut your losses.
>>
>>54502440
>confirmed for illiterate
>>
>>54502447
Yeah fuck that company.

Some questions though:

Does that company have a required 2 weeks notice for termination as well?
Why did you give two weeks notice and why haven't they?
What reason did he give your firing you?

I bet if you went to the new company and told them the old one fired you after giving your notice will bring you on straight away.

Your country sucks, in my country I would get guaranteed 1 week severance in your situation and put straight on unemployment with rent assistance as well.
>>
>>54501237
>you can claim unemployment
that isn't gonna happen. op not only quit his job, he wasn't there long enough to qualify.
>>
>>54502507
>Your country sucks, in my country I would get guaranteed 1 week severance in your situation and put straight on unemployment with rent assistance as well.

And then get stabbed by a "tanned german".
>>
>>54502526
wanna not be a dumb racist piece of shit? thanks
>>
>>54501593
Business motto is "it's not what you know, it's who you know", I'm willing to bet that kids mom/dad knows somebody high up at the company.
>>
>>54502545
>wanna not be a dumb racist piece of shit? thanks

Noticing patterns is considered racist now?
>>
>>54502526
>>54502545
I'm from ozland tho
>>
>>54502567
>haha i sure hope those white people dont molest kids
>>
>>54502547
>Business motto is "it's not what you know, it's who you know",

Yep, it's even more true where I live, found the hard way.
>>
>>54502507
>Does that company have a required 2 weeks notice for termination as well?
No
>Why did you give two weeks notice
I wasn't getting the experience in computer programming I need for a career in computer programming. I was told that I would be writing Java and then they moved me to a web development position writing HTML instead. I wasn't getting the mentoring in the field I want to work in as a career
>>54502507
>why haven't they?
I don't know. I feel like my termination was a result of a rash, emotional decision made in anger.
>What reason did he give your firing you?
I wasn't given a reason.
>>
>>54502582
t. Achmed "sexual emergency" Mohammed
>>
>>54502072
3/4 of this board is middle class, white first worlders.
Seriously, what did you expect being told by people who live in a place where they can just go straight out of uni and be paid fucking >4k US DOLLARS a MONTH?

>inb4 pajeet
>>
>>54501205
>told that I'll be staying in web development because I'm good at it
the catch 22 was if you were shit at it he'd probably have fired you then. you had no chance. he needed a web dev and you were it
>>
>>54501205
You have no grounds for a lawsuit and any employment lawyer would laugh at you if you tried to start one.

If you need the 2 weeks pay THAT badly then you can probably claim unemployment insurance depending on your state's laws.
>>
>>54501943
$60k in Nebraska could go a LONG way. Fuck the people in our generation who complain about how they can't pay off their loans but live in San Francisco. If the goddamn cucks just lived in the Midwest and made bank for a few years they'd be fine.

>>54501952
It would be one thing if he couldn't get another job lined up, but if you can be doing interesting work, you shouldn't be doing mind-numbing tasks somewhere you aren't appreciated and your concerns aren't heard. The only reason to stay in a shitty workplace is that you can't find anything better.

>>54502072
Are you paying rent now? Then why can't you pay rent wherever you're going? Throw your shit into a van and move. Worst case scenario you get stuck at another shitty deadend job for a while but you get to search for jobs in a city with more opportunity.
>>
>>54502588
>>Why did you give two weeks notice
>I wasn't getting the experience in computer programming

No I mean, why were you required to give them notice and they didn't have to give notice to you?

Were you just trying to be nice or?
>>
>>54502686
It's a formal thing, you don't up and fucking leave like you would a McJob because maybe he could use the reference one day.
>>
>>54502686
>they didn't have to give notice to you
At-will employment. Your employer can fire you for no reason and without warning.

>why were you required to give them notice
We'd need to see his employment contract to see if he needed to give them notice.
>>
>>54502674
>$60k in Nebraska could go a LONG way. Fuck the people in our generation who complain about how they can't pay off their loans but live in San Francisco. If the goddamn cucks just lived in the Midwest and made bank for a few years they'd be fine.

According to this board moving within the US is unbearably expensive, so you are stuck in the place where you live. Mexicans don't seem to care , though.
>>
Wait until after you get settled into your new job and write up a big post about what actually happened and shame them on social media. Send the link to all your former co-workers.
>>
>>54502686
I I submitted a two week notice in the hope that I would be able to use this employer as a reference and to protect my reputation. It is considered bad form to leave a job without giving your employer and opportunity to find a replacement for you. If I had known that I was going to be fired for submitting my resignation, I wouldn't have bothered. I am unaware of there being any policy requiring an employer to give an employee notice that they are going to be fired. I don't know how it is Europe, but in the States the employer definitely has the upper hand in this scenario.
>>
>>54501305
I'm in my freshman year of college, and I just got hired as a Java programmer with a salary of $65k.
I know people that graduate from the local CC with Associate's in networking, programming, or systems admin, being hired fresh out of school make 50-60k.

It's not uncommon, especially when you get away from the coasts.
The people on /g/ that complain about not finding a job just don't know how to look for a job. They use a shitty generic template resume they forward to hundreds of companies, or they're just legit autists that don't know how to communicate with people.
>>
>>54501845
You're a dumb fucking piece of shit.
Almost all of the Mexican immigrants are workers who overstayed their H1B visas. Trump said that he wants to issue MORE of these visas because he says Americans are shit workers.
>>
>>54502440
>>54502463
You both need to learn to read. He did webdev for almost 3 months, and then they hired someone else to do what they said he'd be doing.
>>
>>54501279
no, it's right to work. I know what my own state law is. It's the opposite of what you think right to work means... Kind of like how when government names things freedom bills but it takes away rights...
>>
>>54502772
This board is full of faggot NEETs who can't handle personal responsibility.
>>
File: retard.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
retard.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>54502440
>>54502463
>>
>>54502812
>Trump said that he wants to issue MORE of these visas because he says Americans are shit workers.

After reading this thread I'm convinced he's right.
>>
>>54502411
damn
>>
>>54502821
>Right-to-work laws
>prohibit union security agreements
>or agreements between employers and labor unions
>that govern the extent to which an established union can require employees' membership, payment of union dues, or fees as a condition of employment, either before or after hiring.
>>
Learn shit on your own time. If you're being paid to work and assigned to a fucking task, do it.
>>
>>54502794
>shame them on social media
enjoy being sued for libel by your old employer
enjoy being fired from your new job when they find out you did this
>>
>>54502918
>You should do work that is below you when you can be paid to do what you actually want to do

If he was just bitching about his job that would be one thing but if he has offers to actually do what he wants, why are you so upset? Mad that someone got not one but two job offers while you're still trying to get your first?
>>
>>54502932
The requirements for libel are very strict in the US; you can't be sued for libel if you're telling the truth. They have to prove you purposely lied about something to make them look bad in order for you to be convicted for libel.
>>
>>54503055
Nah, you're gonna be fired because you're making your new company look bad.
>>
>>54502966
He's just lucky that he lives near The Research Triangle.
>>
I've traveled around the world working all sorts of jobs from bartending, to program development and I have to say a large majority of Brits (specifically Brits) are as entitled wankers as you can get. Americans are pretty hard working, same with Russians, indians are a wildcard. But Brits are the absolute worst. A lot of them think that they should be entitled to better jobs merely because they are British even though they might not know bugger all about the job. Everything on a damn silver plate just because their parents were middle-class in the 70's
>>
File: randy.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>54501205
>>54503285
>>54501716

>never even heard of Research Triangle Park
>google it
>The park is home to over 200 companies employing 50,000 workers and 10,000 contractors
>IBM, Intel, CIsco, GlaxoSmithKline, SAS Institute, Oracle, Red Hat, Lenovo, GE Aviation, etc (holy fuck)
>mfw North Carolina has sixty thousand technical jobs in one small geographic area.

How in the fuck have I never heard of this place before?
>>
>>54503441
>Duke University, UNC- Chapel Hill, NC State School of Engineering

Dude, everyone in tech knows about it. Not knowing about it is like not knowing about Silicon Valley. Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>54503522
not him
didn't know about this place either
silicon valley eats up all the attention
>>
>>54503441
>50,000 workers and 10,000 contractors

That's just the Park. There are twice that number working in Durham and three times that number working in Raleigh.

Check out how much house 300k will buy.
>http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/pmf,pf_pt/275000-350000_price/977-1243_mp/any_days/37.722935,-76.734009,33.916013,-82.639161_rect/7_zm/
>>
File: Fiddlesticks_OriginalSkin.jpg (288 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Fiddlesticks_OriginalSkin.jpg
288 KB, 1215x717
>>54501564
>>
>>54501205

You probably can't apply for unemployment because the state will ask you if you have another job lined up, if so, then you don't need the unemployment benefits and you will be denied.

Maybe you could sue, but for what? Trying to squeeze some extra cashola out of them may end up hurting you (time spent, burning more bridges, possibly paying for a lawyer, losing, etc.).
When you have to explain to an employer what happened at X job, just tell them the truth. You didn't like the working conditions and management, found a new job and put in your two weeks, then they threw a hissy fit and said "Not if we fire you first! Nanananana!!!" You obviously won't be using them for a reference anyway, even if you left on good terms, so what are you really losing here?
>>
>>54502199
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54503627
I live in Northern Cali and holy shit those houses are cheap. Those houses would start at 900k in San Fransisco.

>http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Durham-County-NC/pmf,pf_pt/49997122_zpid/999_rid/275000-350000_price/977-1243_mp/any_days/globalrelevanceex_sort/36.011616,-78.628293,35.773814,-79.074612_rect/11_zm/?3col=true
>only $289,000
>that back yard
>a million dollar house where I live
>>
>>54502411
trucking is actually what i wanted to do. that or something in the air force that would transfer well into a civilian career, but both my parents pushed me to go to college.

in the end it's my fault for listening to them. i should have known better since despite their age they are both doing very poorly financially speaking.
>>
>>54502545
wanna not be a useless shitskin piece of shit? thanks
>>
>>54502798
>I'm in my freshman year of college, and I just got hired as a Java programmer with a salary of $65k.
you don't even take any major related courses your freshman year, why would they hire you unless you know someone in the company?
>>
>>54501773
>I don't know basic geography: the post
Clapistani education at its finest
>>
Here's a tip that absolutely no one has mentioned regarding moving for work, probably because no one here has any actual experience uprooting from their shit town to find prosperity elsewhere.

Credit cards.

You don't need rich parents, a friend with a loan, a trust fund, or luck. All you need is a decent history of paying bills on time and you'll get approved for a card with a limit of at least $700-1000. Utilize it to about 50% and pay it off over and over again. Buy the shit you would buy normally (don't buy a fucking $800 graphics card you autist), and pay it off at the end of each month, making sure to leave a balance of about 10-25% of the total maximum. 6 months to one year later ask for a credit limit increase and if you're not a fucking irresponsible faggot you can watch your line of credit soar to $2k-6k. All of a sudden you're a worthy credit risk and you have the capital you need to relocate yourself, buy some decent clothes, drop a check on an apartment, etc. Hell, with your credit score looking good financing a car won't be difficult either, if you move to a city without good public transit. All by doing absolutely nothing but relocating your funds from your checking account to a credit card.

Then, with a decent line of credit, you can run it up to about 75%-90% utilization temporarily while you relocate and a higher paying, better job with a higher wage. You're fucking welcome.
>>
>>54503818
I went to college. It took me 5 years to get a bachelor, because I did an extra co-op. By the time I graduated, my brother (trucker) had saved up enough money to open a dive bar that severs chicken wings and 1/2 pound burgers that makes him high end 6 figures AFTER taxes. He now owns 9 trucks and doesn't even drive anymore.

He makes 7 times what I make. I'm still paying off a 40k student loan.
>>
>>54503927
>becoming a literal wage slave

Enjoy being stuck in a feedback loop where your payments don't even cover the interest on your balance.
>>
So you're actuallh flustered you didn't get to do java development? Kek
>>
>>54501295
>Confirmed for massive ego.
>Enjoy getting fired again.
Being fired publicly is not just an ego thing. It's an extremely unprofessional thing for his old boss to do. He has every justification of being mad.

>>54501499
>An associate degree basically cuts out the first two years of the typical bachelor degree and focuses the curriculum on a particular subject of study.
This is what associate's degree graduates actually believe.

No, it's more like you studied the first two years of a 4-year program.

For instance, an engineering associate's degree will cover basic stuff like circuit analysis and basic solid state, but it sure as shit isn't going to do Fields (which is still basic curriculum) and especially won't go into the 4th year classes (which are mostly specialized).
>>
>>54503768
They're cheap for a reason. People in North Carolina have fewer rights than people in California.
>>
>>54503969
I would prefer C++, but Java is where the jobs are.
>>
>>54503930
well, like i said i was well aware of the pay possibilities for trades. instead i went to college for engineering and now due to the surplus of recent graduates entry level jobs pay as little as 40k.

i still have at least 2 years ahead of me before i finish the shitty phd at which point i'll be lucky to get a 80k/year job.
>>
>>54504008
Yeah, they lack the right of being overrun by minorities and having guns. What a shithole that must be.
>>
>>54501205
its java, you should consider learning a real language.
>>
>>54504044
marijuana
lgbt rights
non-compete laws
>>
>>54504108
Who cares?
Who cares?
Probably won't effect 97% of the board.
>>
>>54504008
name the rights people in Cali have that people in North Carolina don't .
>>
>>54504162
the right to be pompous faggots
>>
>>54503967

Obviously you've never had a credit card before. There's a term called "in over your head" which describes the situation you're talking about and only absolute complete fucktards end up there. Those people buy things they don't need, which they cannot afford, without any plans to recoup the funds. Lots of people do it because lots of people are fucking stupid.

Getting a credit card for the purpose of building credit without any unnecessary purchases and a plan to repay the debt (i.e. the higher paying job you've acquired by relocating) is a sound exit strategy. "You have to spend money to make money" is true even in the entry-level job world and you need to eat interest to be able to buy the things you need NOW so that you have the tools for the job, the clothes on your back, the transportation required, etc.

If you're paycheck to paycheck and it's going to cost you $4k to relocate, how would one acquire this money interest free? Please, do tell.
>>
>>54502714
If there is no protection for you, i.e severance or they must give two weeks notice as well then I see no reason to give notice even as a formality if they have the ability to fire you for any reason.

It seems based on his experience before now he should have realised it was a shit company.

>>54502730
>At-will employment. Your employer can fire you for no reason and without warning.
That sounds shit, I would start getting into my contracts for at least 3 formal warnings with reasons. Fuck your country sucks big.

>>54502797
Yeah you fucked up trying to be nice, you need to look out for yourself more often. I don't know how Europe or the US works but in Australia we have so many more workers rights. I.e No negative feedback in references allowed (Unless in written formal warnings), 1 week severance minimum for full time employees working for the company under a year which goes up every few years, Can't fire employee without 3 formal warnings each time giving them a chance to fix what the problem is etc.

Why the fuck do you guys put up with that shit?
>>
>>54503967
>>54504172

Fuck, you are so stupid I had to post again to continue rebutting you.

Lots of credit cards also offer 0% interest for the first year, and have numerous benefits like cash back, points for traveling (useful for flights back home to family), consumer purchase protection, car rental insurance, etc. and are so desperate to trick retards into overspending they will offer absolutely insane benefits for first time subscribers. My first credit card netted me enough points to fly to and from my home town to my new location for two years, and my minimum payment has always covered a huge chunk of my principle because I'm no where near my limit. I wouldn't be in San Francisco without credit. Fucking idiot.
>>
just write them a shitty glassdoor review
>>
>>54504227
He's a grown man living with his parents and is using every excuse in the book to avoid holding himself accountable for his own inaction. Why are you even replying to him?
>>
>>54504253
Because sometimes people have eureka moments that change their lives for the better.
>>
>>54504342
Blogging, but a post exactly like that made me see the light a couple of years ago. Keep up the good work anon.
>>
>>54504342
>>54504382
My brother sent me this when I started contracting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5qcoP0cRPI
>>
>>54504008
More rights my ass. You can't even cut down a damn tree in your backyard in California without the government's approval.
>>
>>54504227
Not anyone else in this thread, but if you aren't paying off your bill 100% in full every month you are fucking stupid.
>>
>>54504399
This is actually really good advice.
>>
>>54504429
While that cuts down on interest significantly it also cuts down on your creditworthiness, therefore jeopardizing a higher line of credit in the future. If banks see you paying it off 100% every month they will realize they will not make any money off of you and thus will not continue to provide you with more credit. A low utilization is ideal (carrying a balance around 10-20% or so) because, while technically you are still losing a small bit of money, your credit grows faster and will have much higher chances of getting approved for loans for a car or home, or a higher line of credit which can be useful for emergencies, relocations, etc. I will gladly give a bank $500 a year in interest in turn for a $10k+ credit line because that capital will literally keep me off the streets should things turn dire.

There's a limit here. A single person with no kids shouldn't need more than $10k of available credit and you don't have to become a wage-slave or lose thousands of your own money to achieve it. You then have all the freedom in the world to relocate yourself if the market in your area tanks.
>>
>>54504490
>it also cuts down on your creditworthiness
No, it doesn't. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>54504490
Wrong. All you do is end up throwing money away paying off interest.

Go back to /biz/ or wherever the fuck you came from.
>>
>>54504399
>realize that your employer doesn't love you
>you are a ho
>work like a real good ho
>get that money, take the percentage
>put yourself in a position where you can be the pimp

Fucking brilliant.
>>
>>54504526
if you needed a nigger to tell you that then you're absolutely retarded.
>>
>>54504500
>>54504523

I'm talking about building credit to the point where you have the head-room to relocate yourself or get yourself out of a bind. No where did I say one should carry a balance indefinitely. You will build credit faster with a reasonable utilization versus zero utilization. Otherwise you could just open six credit cards and not spend anything and your credit will go up, because you have a $0 balance every month? No.

Or just avoid credit cards all together then? You do not build creditworthiness this way.
>>
>>54504555
Building credit is for poorfaggots. Buying a car outright or just paying your rent increases your credit score. I'm almost 30, have never had a credit card and my credit score is almost maxed out.
The only reason to have a credit card is for renting a car or insurance on your luggage while travelling.
or I guess credit card rewards if you're bad at math.
>>
>>54501270
>buh- buh -buh you're just bitter teehee!

Feminist cuck, opinion discarded.

>>54501952
>why is being lied to and manipulated, then seeing your promised position go to a diversity hire that didn't work as hard, and then fired for complaining about it humiliating?
You're a cuck.

>>54502473
If he would have behaved unprofessionally to that extent, he would have been fired immediately and you wouldn't be calling his boss a "little bitch." Just because you're a low-test faggot that doesn't stand up for himself doesn't mean OP has to be.

>>54504055
He chose the language that people actually pay for people to know, which is the superior decision.
>>
>>54504603
>If he would have behaved unprofessionally to that extent, he would have been fired immediately and you wouldn't be calling his boss a "little bitch." Just because you're a low-test faggot that doesn't stand up for himself doesn't mean OP has to be.
What's he going to do? Sue them and lose? Please.

>cuck
>cuck
>feminists
Back to your containment board, my friend.
>>
>>54501276
It's 2 weeks bro. Don't millennials know how to save money?
>>
>>54504593
Lots of things increase your credit score but nothing increases it faster than being a responsible credit card holder. You're right, it is for poorfags, and poorfags tend to be dumb and get themselves in a lot of debt when Visa shows them $1000 that they can spend immediately. Credit is incredibly useful for those who are trying to relocate for a job, or do not have a safety net, and its the quickest way for someone to go from zero in savings to having the funds to relocate to better opportunities. Interest is a part of life, and if it helps you land a job with disposable income, it's piddly in the long run.
>>
>>54504633
this is bad advice. if something falls through you now have a 15% compounding interest rate on that "temporary" situation.
If you really need help get your new employer to advance your first paycheck. if you don't have a new employer you shouldn't be moving in the first place.
>>
>>54504593
>Buying a car outright or just paying your rent
cash transactions dont have any effect on your credit

large cash purchases only affect your credit if they are being used to pay off registered debts reported to credit bureaus. They will not raise your credit from neutral, only help fix it from low.
>>
>>54504662
>cash transactions dont have any effect on your credit
False. I'll repeat, I have a maxed out credit score and have never owned a credit card. What you're saying is obviously false since my rating is so high.
>>
>>54501205
>i'm butt hurt to be making 60 grand a year doing piss easy web dev

HOLY FUCKING SHIT OP GO TO HELL
>>
>>54504652
I agree with you that it can backfire, but that's part of the game. It's a risk just like any loan a business would take out. If you don't have employment and plan on moving and coasting on your credit, yes, that is very risky, but it's also common sense. I'm talking about the situation mentioned earlier where one is paycheck to paycheck and needs an out.

An advance on a paycheck isn't enough to fully relocate and unless you're landing a job at Google you can't expect a relocation stipend. First month's rent and security deposit alone would likely be more than even two paychecks advanced to you, and even then it's likely the employer would decline. Also, if you ask before accepting the job they would likely go with a local candidate.
>>
>>54504679
>I have a maxed out credit score and have never owned a credit card.

Then you have made non-cash transactions.
Car loan, home loan, business loan, student loan, etc
or you have paid registered debts with cash
medical, legal, etc
>>
>>54504679
I don't see how writing a check and paying for something outright would increase your credit, you aren't using credit, it's neutral. I'm sure you have a fantastic credit score, but it isn't because you did not have a credit card, it's because you've done everything else probably flawlessly. That's admirable, but unrealistic for a lot of people where it could take years to save up the $5k to buy a decent car outright.

What about loans? Any loans in your name? You've never paid a cent in interest to anyone or anything throughout your entire life?
>>
>>54503927
>>54503967
>>54504172
>>54504227
>>54504490
>>54504500
>>54504523
>>54504555
>>54504633
>>54504662
>>54504652
>>54504633

There's a lot of people who seem to think they understand credit cards better than they actually do. It's like the Dunning-Kruger effect of /biz/. Or just /biz/ because people there are just as dumb as any other board.

Everyone who has posted about credit has gotten something right and something wrong, or at least misleading conclusions.

Carrying a debt from month to month, even a small amount? Obviously dumb, and does not build credit faster and you throw out money. This is a really common misconception. EVEN IF banks specifically looked for dumbasses who carry balances, this is not creditworthiness. For instance, if you are applying for a car loan and the lender pulls up your FICO, that FICO score is not going to magically be higher due to you carrying a balance of only 5% of your max. A bank MAY have an internal metric to keep track of people who may earn them more money, but it is not something directly affecting your credit score.

Speaking of which, a credit score is just a number by some organization. A lot more goes into it than just that final number. Your FICO may be 800 or whatever, but a lender may look at specific metrics within that score to come up with something totally different. Like they could see an 800+ score and deny you a house loan because your history shows you've never had a single other loan in your life (e.g. a car loan). You merely got that high credit score by paying your shit on time on your single credit card + every bill ever for 10 years straight.

Building credit for poorfags? Misleading. If you have a good credit score, guess what? You built credit. You've just labeled yourself a poorfag. There are multiple avenues to build credit, some faster or more effective than others, but if you've been doing it for 10+ years, any way will work just fine. The key point is to be responsible.
>>
>>54504889
>Carrying a debt from month to month, even a small amount? Obviously dumb, and does not build credit faster and you throw out money. This is a really common misconception. EVEN IF banks specifically looked for dumbasses who carry balances, this is not creditworthiness. For instance, if you are applying for a car loan and the lender pulls up your FICO, that FICO score is not going to magically be higher due to you carrying a balance of only 5% of your max.

I'm not sure if your score would change, or if that even matters when your current credit lender already knows exactly how much money they make off of you, and thus will lend you more or less credit dependent on that. Your current credit company, if you carry a small balance, would therefore increase your limit higher. My point is that this higher limit then can enable someone to do a lot of things, positive things.

> A bank MAY have an internal metric to keep track of people who may earn them more money, but it is not something directly affecting your credit score.

Really, they MAY have data on this? Of course they do.
>>
>>54502411
Ah, opportunity cost. One of the great things about taking an economics course is learning about opportunity cost. Really worth its weight in gold.
>>
>>54504889
Continued:

Credit cards are useful more than just for being irresponsible or lazy with money or whatever other dumbass shit people say who are afraid of credit cards.

The question becomes then, if you are a good little consumer and pay off your card every month in full every single time, why bother with a credit card instead of a debit card (assuming you already have good credit)?

One, it is, actually, still safer, regardless of what your bank promises you with no liability crap with debit cards. Read the fine print: those always have caveats, and also if you do get rekt, it is actually money missing until it's reimbursed. Usually banks are pretty fast at it, but sometimes you get unlucky.

Two, benefits are actually worth it. You are are concerned about not throwing money away, why would you throw benefits away? There are cards that give you 6% cash back on groceries (and have no annual fee). If you pay your shit in full every month and you eat food, you are immediately saving 6% on a pretty big fucking expense.

The absolute worst rewards program would be a mere 1% cash back, which is still 1%.

Some other really cool benefits include free extended warranties. You hear all those stories of shit breaking down right after the warranty expires? Yeah, doesn't happen to me.

Tons of other features on tons of cards I won't get into.

Three, like was mentioned earlier, there are just some things that require credit, like renting cars (some exceptions apply). You could be a douchebag and try to put your debit card everywhere then juggle out your credit card when you need to, or you could just hand out your credit card each time. Same effect, one less piece of plastic to reach for.

Could you survive without credit cards? Certainly, and for some less cognizant people, it's a really good idea. But if you act like credit cards have cooties, you're probably a fucking moron.
>>
>>54504941
YOU DONT GET A HIGHER CREDIT LIMIT BY HAVING A BALANCE AND PAYING INTEREST, STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOURSELF BEING A FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>54504941
>Really, they MAY have data on this? Of course they do.
I didn't say they didn't keep track, I wrote they MAY use that data for internal metrics to decide who does what for them. But it's just that: an internal metric. You carrying a balance isn't going to make an entirely different lender give you a loan for a car.

>>54504941
>Your current credit company, if you carry a small balance, would therefore increase your limit higher.
That's a big assumption. You are making a conclusion on something that isn't necessarily true.

I could make the assertion of just the opposite: by carrying a small balance, you show the inability to entirely keep up with your current credit limit, why would a creditor increase that limit? Not in their best interest to give you the tools to destroy your ability to make payments at all in the long run.
>>
>>54501205
Nc bro stay strong
>>
>submit my resignation to current employer
>get fired. told to clean out my desk and never come back

What? How can he fire you if you already resigned? Not sure about Murican laws, but in here it would cost them more to kick you than have you leave voluntarily.
>>
OP let it go,you got another job, your boss lost already.
>>
>>54502411
I hadn't considered this. I feel dumb for not having considered this.
>>
>>54505169
submitting a resignation in America is typically the act of giving your employer a two week notice that you're going to be leaving. By firing him, his employment ended immediately rather than two weeks later.
>>
>>54505040
Fucking this right here. If you aren't mentally handicapped, credit cards are really just charge cards that come with a bunch of extra benefits, subsidized by the retards that leave large balances on their credit cards every month.
>>
jesus, OP, that sounds awful
>>
>>54502411
>>54505986
You should also consider that truck driving is not for everyone. Especially long haul.

The point he was trying to make is obviously that you can pick up skilled labor faster for cheaper, but for some people that doesn't work, and that's what college is for.
>>
>>54501205
>Lawyering up when you where going to quit anyways

Really?
>>
>>54506246
>letting assholes be assholes
>>
CAfag here. You guys are making moving to the middle of America sound appealing. Anyone here ever done that for a job?
>>
>people suggesting to drive trucks instead
>literally the next career that is going to get utterly wiped out by machines taking their jobs
I wouldn't even give them 5 years.
>>
>>54506321
Fuck off we're full. No more of you shitty Commiefornians fleeing the sinking rat-infested ship that is your state only to vote in fuckers who turn your new home into the same shitshow that you came from.
>>
>>54506355
Self-driving cars won't go mainstream for at least 30 years.
You forget how slow the uptake for new technology is.
The internet was invented in the 60s and wasn't really embraced by plebs until 2007.
Cars were invented in 1807 but didn't become a necessity until the 1920s/
>>
>>54506397
Industry is far faster to embrace cost-cutting measures than the average consumer is to jump into new tech, and they've been having their eye on automating more and more stuff for a long time now. The only thing stopping them at this point is the utter shitshow the trucker unions are going to pull.
>>
>>54506425
Nobody trusts these self-driving cars to not run people over and the insurance costs of running one will be cost-prohibitive.
And you can be sure as hell that they'll be forbidden from creating SELF DRIVING 18 WHEELER TRUCKS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>54506437
They've effectively proven them already and the majority of car companies have agreed to assume liability for any damages caused by mechanical/software failures other than hacking.

The automated vehicles can stop faster than we humans can, don't fall asleep or get distracted when doing these stupid long trucker shifts, and oh hey they don't want a salary or call in sick either. Plus check out how fast some of these modern rigs can stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-giC24SxwE
>>
>>54501205
just let it go. It is an at-will employment so they can say that they fired you because the stars were aligned. It is too bad your boss chose to end the business relationship this way but you already had an offer up. Enjoy the new job and the pay.
>>
>>54506485
Is that ABS for trucks?
>>
>>54506531
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridS396W2BY

It is fucking glorious.
>>
Interview tomorrow for a Ruby/Java position. Wish me luck!
>>
>>54506543
Alright, now try that at speed while the car in front of you just brakes suddenly and not from 200 feet away.
>>
>>54501305
some dude I was in INF 120 (intro to elementary programming) was making 52k a year (something like $35/hr) without any certs or degrees solely because he was capable of competently coding in unix.

It's really not bullshit, and outside of SanFranCommie programmers in the rest of the States get paid very comfily.
>>
>>54506572
Why are you tailgating someone at highway speeds in an 18-wheeler? You not heard of basic physics?

>anon will next try to use this as a reason against self-driving cars that would still cause less damage to the car ahead of them than a human trucker
>>
>>54501205
You're a fucking faggot.

I hope I never have to deal with an impatient little cunt like you.

Why didn't you just work on your own JAVA projects while there or at home.
>>
>>54501716
>North Carolina
Do you think they want white Scandinavians with a mastere degree?
>>
File: 1453699773303.png (128 KB, 237x218) Image search: [Google]
1453699773303.png
128 KB, 237x218
>>54506666
Why don't you hire an actual web dev for your web dev position you fucking retard. Do you force your plumber to change your oil too?
How stupid can you be.
>>
>>54506865
> Do you force your plumber to change your oil too?
Heh thats actually a pretty good argument.
>>
>>54501243
>being a NEET frogposter

i'd rather be a pajeet.
>>
File: 1351306718453.gif (2 MB, 150x100) Image search: [Google]
1351306718453.gif
2 MB, 150x100
>graduated 3 years ago
>mfw I'm nowhere near close to getting my AA
>>
>>54507336
>rather be
Come on prajeet did you honestly think people will fall for your designated meme?
>>
>>54506666
How was OP impatient he was hired as a Java developer you absolute moron
>>
File: IMG_20160512_113220.jpg (938 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160512_113220.jpg
938 KB, 1520x2688
>>54507613
Sorry pal, no pajeets here. By all means, keep rationalizing your lack of prospects by blaming a strawman though.
>>
>>54506865
>Do you force your plumber to change your oil too?
Do you hire a mechanic that can only replace time belts and nothing else on your car?
>>
>>54501205
>You can't fire me, I'm leaving!
>>
This angers me. It took me 5 years to get my bachelors and then another year working help desk before getting promoted and finally earning a similar salary to what you received at the job you just quit

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>54508002
Lol
I'm year one no degree 45k
>>
File: polyamoury.jpg (49 KB, 779x695) Image search: [Google]
polyamoury.jpg
49 KB, 779x695
>>54508002
>he fell for the education meme
>>
>>54508217
>polyamoury
Why did this make me lol
>>
>>54508002
nobody who gets a CS degree works help desk
>>
>>54508719
wishful thinking, for some it's either that or the warehouse
>>
>>54501205
>>discover that she has no experience and is getting the mentoring I was promised
This shits me.

I imagine
HR schlicking to the fact they gave a higher job promised to a man to a woman
Senior devs fapping to "mentoring" her by leaning over her to "help" her code
Management snorts coke to celebrate getting HR and senior dev to stfu in one move

Meanwhile she's suddenly thinking the entire industry is filled with perverts and you're (OP) thinking the entire industry is filled with dishonest pathological virtue signallers. Both juniors hate the field, both of them are disenchanted, she will probably look for another job too.

>be patient
No.

This is the worst. Is it "be patient" or is it "be content being a html loser."

Please sue.
>>
>>54501243
>being a degenerate
Go away tyrone
>>
>>54507336
You're a cuck if you work. I'll never contribute to society because I'm happier on welfare.
>>
>>54507336
>working
Newfag, /g/ always has been a NEET board. Get your normie ass back on r@ddit.
>>
>>54503922
To be fair driving through Texas can take like hours and hours
But there are a lot of tech jobs where I live so....
>>
>>54501205
Maybe you were supposed to do the web dev in java.
You can automate tasks like html coding if you are really good. You can even use java as your primary language and translate the final result into javascript.
>>
So I've been learning Java and I'm about to get an associates and transfer to a uni for a CIS major.

What skills do I need to get a job while I'm at my uni?
>>
>>54501205
>You can't quit on me, I am firing you!
>>
>>54501205
You sure as shit can. Lawyer up.
>>
>>54501205
>submit resignation
>get fired
Which is it
>>
>>54512713
Resignation is a courtesy so they have 2 weeks advance notice to replace you.

They're completely free to fire you at any moment after you resign, of course, this is bad form.

Clearly, he was just dead weight and the company didn't need him at all.
>>
>>54501205
>>submit my resignation to current employer
>>get fired. told to clean out my desk and never come back
>Can I sue for wrongful termination?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>54502072
did you make a poor decisions and not save any of that money from your cushy 70K/year job editing HTML?

even if it was only for a month? did you have no money from anything else?
>>
>>54512744
>fire
Nah it's called both parties agreeing to end the contract. Firing is a one sided activity initiated by the employer.
>>
>>54507748
If that's all he wanted to do then i wouldn't hire him, I would hire someone else who did all that shit.
What I would not do is hire him and tell him he's going to be working on motors, then just make him rotate tires forever while i hire someone else to work on motors.
>>
>>54504008
Comifornia saying nc doesn't have more rights...

Did you ask Ms Feinstein to make sure you didn't already fill your free speach quota for the month?
>>
>>54504490
Paying off your cc in full every month has no adverse affect on your credit score you massive twat. Why can't this old wives tale die in a fire already.
>>
>>54501205
It's just two weeks dude. Treat it like a vacation. Relax, and brush up on your java skills so you can wow them at the new job.
>>
>>54506274
>Wasting time, energy, and resources on assholes
>>
>>54506572
Self driving trucks won't tailgate and would have much faster reaction times between sensing the driver in front is slowing down/stop g and applying the trucks breaks
>>
>>54514200
>have opportunity to make an asshole pay (literally)
>doesn't take the chance
Retard detected
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.