[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GAMERGATE WINS!!! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry /zoe-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: gamerg.jpg (216 KB, 1024x1108) Image search: [Google]
gamerg.jpg
216 KB, 1024x1108
GAMERGATE WINS!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zoe-quinn-gamergate-charges_us_56bc1d13e4b0b40245c56102
>>
The lawsuit would never have gone forward because it was always a false flag
>>
It doesn't matter who wins, we all lose.
>>
>>52918495
You're a bad winner.
>>
>>52918495

> GAME.....

----> /v/
>>
I'm glad that something came out of harassing women.
>>
>>52921314
GamerGate never harassed women. GooberGhazi/Metafilter/Feminists/SJWs on the other hand...
>>
>>52921394
>GamerGate never harassed women
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>>
>that "article"
"Journalists" are hilarious
>>
>>52922105
>expecting anything from a glorified blog
>>
After all these years, I still don't understand exactly what gamergate was.
I know enough of the details with Zoe and what happened, but if I'm FOR gamergate, I'm WITH Zoe and her whoring shenanegans, and if I'm AGAINST gamergate, I'm WITH the people actively harassing her?
>>
>>52921394
hahaha this isn't 8gag buddy
>>
>>52922323
othering way around (although really the "whoring shenanigans" stuff is ED-tier claims at best)
>>
>>52922323
Other way around but yeah pretty much.
>>
Fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>52922323

Just steer clear. Looking into it will just make you hate both sides and neither has a worthwhile point.
>>
>>52922323
at first it was video game autists upset at retarded SJWs that force their nonsense into everything.

then groups which either support or oppose SJWs joined,

then more groups which either support or oppose those groups joined,

constant shitflinging by both sides the whole time until it eventually sortof died out.
>>
4chan raids yellowpages, and lesbian girl sues large collection of anonymous users with 0 results

more @ 11 ..........................................................

seriously how is this a thing? i guess 12 year olds think this is edgy
>>
>>52922398
/fucking thread
>>
>>52922398
>implying I don't despise both "sides" already
It's autistic gaymens vs autistic 3rd wave feminists. What's not to hate?
>>
>>52918495
I can't understand why the news still write "Zoe Quinn, a video game designer"
She only made a novel with an arrow to change page.
http://www.depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html
>>
>>52918495
This is just her publicist putting out a press release to increase her monthly patreon contributions from white knights and angry lesbians. Actually going through proper legal channels exposes these whores for the liars they are. This is why it's more profitable to put people on blast on twitter and hang them in the court of public opinion rather than go through the actual courts that require real evidence. See: matress girl, and all the other fake rape accusers, etc.

Tl;dr- why did our forefathers give women rights? Women should still be considered property like they were in the good old days. They shouldn't have rights because like children, they will never actually accept the responsibilities that come with those rights.
>>
I want to give Zoe's game a good review.
>>
>>52922323
One of the dumbest flame wars to ever exist. Roughly 2 years later and people are still on this shit
>>
>make a videogame about depression
>in it you have a job, an apartment and a relevant other

hurr durr
>>
>>52918495
I don't care, the fight was stupid anyway. What do you even win anyway? Was is the grand prize?
>>
>>52925267
Because it was so progressive XD. Seriously that's why the 18th and 19th Amendments were passed, just cultural meming.
>>
>>52925267
The more I see how retarded SJWs and feminists are the less I think women should have the right to vote.
Western women seem incapable of rational thought
>>
Probably because there wasn't anything to sue for.
>>
>>52925794
Do you part and never hire a women for any job. Women need to be back in the kitchen looking pretty making and raising babies, cooking and cleaning.
>>
>>52922323
wizchan betas talked shit about her because of her shitty depression quest game. so they talked shit and she used it to get publicity, as if anybody gives a fuck about either right now. but basically her game was getting good reviews (which was nonsense) and so people did digging and claimed she was sleeping with "journalists" to get the good reviews. apparently her ex boyfriend was quoted but idk if it's real. regardless she has nudes and shit so I wouldn't be surprised. if you should be angry at anything be angry that (if it's even true) she fucked her way into good reviews for a shit game. the integrity of the people doing the reviews is insanely compromised, not that it never was before anyway. the woman bashing and misogyny is just what she and feminists used to counteract the scandal. and basically she abused all the retards raging so hard she publicized herself further than she ever should've in the first place. basically people care too much about dumb shit and she exploited it. she's a cunt but she played it right.
>>
>>52926224
>apparently her ex boyfriend was quoted but idk if it's real.

if i remember correctly the boyfriend posted texts and complainted about her whoring around on a blog post after they broke up
which was what started the whole thing.
>>
>>52926224
Actually the wizchan thing was quinn falseflagging. They traced the IP to her home address.
>>
>>52922323
it started out about ethics in journalism
then feminism got thrown in there somewhere along the line and it became a shit throwing contest
>>
>>52926340
yeah but I lm pretty sure the only reason 4chan got involved was originally wizchan was pissing and moaning that she made a game about depression when she has no idea what depression is really like (because if you've ever been on wizchan THATS depression I guess.) I followed it when it all Initially started like 2 years ago but then I realized that I don't buy games based on reviews by kotaku and shit but I suppose that people have a genuine reason to be upset. it's shitty finding out that people who are supposed to be honest are just as corrupt as we think they are. really the focus should've been on the journalists involved and not as much Zoe Quinn, and I think that's part of where the women bashing stemmed. but she could never come out and say that. so she just said "you don't like my game cause I'm a woman." ignoring the fact it was an electronic book. then Anita Sarkeesian used it to gain some more fame too. (see her appearance on Colbert which is hilarious). basically, like I said before, it was a dumb argument that the feminists won in the sense that they gained the most.
>>
>>52926425
really?? that's interesting I didn't hear that. why would she do it on wizchan of all places??
>>
>>52926529
Because they're all spineless betas that are unable to talk to a person, let alone defend themselves against the twitter mob
>>
>>52926624
I just meant like, most normies don't know it even exists.
>>
I'm not sure if you know or not but this is the technology board.

please move this thread over to >>>>/trash/ where it belongs, thank you.
>>
>>52926511
Actually the focus was on journalism the whole time within the movement, it's why people like zoe quinn were called "literally who"s. It was recognized from the beginning that they were irrelevant, and email campaigns were focused on the offending journalism site's biggest advertisers. At this point all of that stuff has collapsed in upon itself and the movement has more or less run its course, but games journalism is effectively dead at this point.

Not that it was anything important to begin with.
>>
All you need to know:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMUb1TDDYQo
Tl:dr: Kikes being kikes
>>
Also dont go to wizardchan, the site is in a worse state than 4chan when it comes to reddit/tumblr infection. Basically what happened to gamergate happened to the site shortly after
>duuude muslims can be wizards too installah xd
>>
>>52926682
i see. and yeah the only people id trust to read at this point are the big ones. and even them you have to consider they are having money thrown at them from all directions. but at least they make good points.
>>
>>52926923
The thing that amazed me about all of it was how well coordinated they all were. It represents a microcosm of what goes on in the bigger ecosystem of nytimes and wsj. It's proof that there is a narrative and that there is a massive volume of reality that is outside what's acceptable for them to discuss or even acknowledge. Any mature adult is aware of this, but the fact is that if you are mature and adult you are too busy earning your living and enjoying your life to concern yourself with any of it. I know it's a bad use of my time and not gonna make me a richer person, hell even playing videogames is a better use of my time but it just validates you on some level reading about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc

This guys a bit up his own ass but the concept is relevant.
>>
File: 1454303398960.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1454303398960.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>52918495
>linking directly to huffpost
Suicide yourself.
>>
>>52925267
>>52925794
B8.
Get out.
>>
>>52926664
Think of it this way: if you're going to plant a false flag on someone, who would you target? Someone who probably won't get their fair time at the podium to fire back and be taken seriously on their response.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (157 KB, 720x674) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
157 KB, 720x674
Most autistic thing ever to complain about, just read this
>>
>>52927574
That's actually surprisingly well written.
>>
File: 1453866112543.jpg (56 KB, 505x388) Image search: [Google]
1453866112543.jpg
56 KB, 505x388
>>52927574
>>
>>52927574
>autism, the ultimate comeback
I hate how true it is
>>
>>52918495
Who the fuck is that? is that the Asian woman who got upset when somebody called her stupid and walked out of a TV interview when challenged on her ideas?
>>
>Autism vs autism
There are no real winners
>>
>>52928677
the worst part about the whole thing is that one side actually has influence,
while the other is still stuck in the basement achieving nothing.
>>
File: 1454715404511.gif (61 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1454715404511.gif
61 KB, 126x126
>>52926224
>wizardchan betas
Lol no, Omega to the max, /r9k/ is the 13 year old memester betas. Also we just said her game was badly written. All that stuff about her getting calls masturbating over the phone and shit were fake or not us there is a screen cap of the thread somewhere and its fucken nothing. She just used the post to inflame her game by making her the victim. Pretty funny how that started one of the biggest internet flame war. I still don't know how you take "game journalism" seriously you can fucken tell before that that writers were just shilling shit to make money you have to be retarded not to notice but most of the game audience is if they watch lets play. But seriously how the fuck did companies get involved in this is a big red flag, dirtying your hand with an internet flamewar is like dipping you hands in shit for no good reason. "cough cough Intel" There you go straight from the horses mouth.
>>
>>52927574
I think the bigger thing was they tried to bully and shame a bunch of nerds who have been bullied and shunned their whole lives, when they themselves have never even been told "no" by their doting parents. How did they think this was going to end?
>>
>>52918495
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zoe-quinn-gamergate-charges_us_56bc1d13e4b0b40245c56102
>huffington post

post a real news source pls
>>
>>52918495
Did the mods completely stop caring?
>>
>>52922323
>After all these years, I still don't understand exactly what gamergate was

It was /v/'s response to some perceived "social justice" boogeyman invading the video game industry. You would have had to lurk /v/ for a while to understand their stunted mentality. The board is essentially the SFW posterchild of /pol/ now. Anytime a game has a racially diverse character cast, LGBT characters or other things /v/ might deem "liberal pandering," a shitstorm ensues. /v/ had reached its boiling point and decided to focus the hate bandwagon on a single individual, so they singled out Zoe Quinn believing her to be an embodiment of some Tumblr social-justice stereotype they hate so much. A massively retarded trolling campaign ensued, and both sides just egged each other on because they both frankly thrive on victimization.

tl,dr - 4chan as usual
>>
>>52927483
>I-I don't like what you're saying
>Safe space! Safe space!
>>
>>52929233
Its considered pandering because its marketed. Its not subtle. a gay character or a black character isn't the problem. It being the most advertised part of the game is. There's plenty of games with these kinds of characters where nobody cares but these are never acknowledged by anyone who says stuff like this.

You have to realize what marketing is also. Since the 70's really, video games have been marketed to 18+ American Male(and more colloquially: nerd, geek, non-cooltype) crowds. This was the main audience. American males are largely white too. Black people are a very small minority, as are the other ethnic groups.

Anyway this marketing trend went on until the late 2000's when identity politics started actually getting popular. Video games also started getting much more popular post 2007. It stopped being for turbonerds and shutins and occasional college kids playing madden. The marketed-to audience shifted from a relatively stable userbase, to a much larger pool of users(read:paying customers). This led to casualization of video games in particular. Make games more rewarding and entertaining to a larger base, and you get more money. You'll see this in technology of any sort really.
Take computers for example. It went from business/university machines to facebook machines(now known as smartphones). Different market, more money.
I'd imagine everyones really mad that' they arent being marketed too *anymore*. Shareholders and other groups with actual decision making power, decide to jump on the popularity of identity politics or whatever is trendy at the time in order to expand their customer base. However this just isolates their original base, which is probably the only reason video games made it this far.
So now that video games are mainstream, the new crowd is the one being marketed to, the old crowd is neglected and probably angry their hobby has been sold out to people who used to make fun of them for playing video games.
this is just a symptom
>>
>>52929233
But /pol/ told me video games are degeneracy.
>>
GamerGate almost immediately became a cancerous culture war shitshow, but I still find is absolutely wild how so many semi-mainstream news sites would outright lie about it.

Didn't this guy just write the post that triggered gamergate and then immediately get a legal gag order from Zoe's team of lawyers for like a year?

How do you make claims like this guy kickstarted a hate mob and fanned the flames?

Or am I just out of touch with this bullshit and the guy went nuts after the gag order got lifted?
>>
>>52929704
At the time he was involved, it was just the Quinnspiracy, which only some gamer nerds really cared about. Shit didn't hit the fan until reddit mods started mass deleting posts. Then a bunch of gaming news sites decided to push the idea of "gamers are dead, gamers don't have to be your audience." That pissed a ton more gamers off and kicked off Gamergate.
>>
>>52918495
>taking gamercate seriously
people don't ACTUALLY do this, right? Is it a european thing?
>>
>>52930377
Mostly at this point it's turned into a protest against generalized ethical abuses, as far as I can tell. Not an effective one, mind, save that its detractors are still sperging over it to this day, despite having repeatedly declared it dead.
>>
>>52918495
> identifying with the GAYMURZ crowd

Fuck that. /pol/ had the right idea when it decided to use that as an excuse to fuck with Gawker and then wash its hands of it.
>>
>>52926481
> ethics in games journalism
As if any mouthbreathing puke from /v/ actually gives a shit about ethics of any sort and doesn't base their vidya tastes on anything other than the *chan hivemind.
>>
>>52927483
White knight faggot detected
>>
>>52929233
It is liberal pandering. Why are people who make up a fraction of the population given a majority of attention. I'm sick of having to pretend that trans is normal and not a mental illness. I'm sick of the stupid language policing. Seriously if just one of these faggots actually called a nigga a "person of color" in the real nigga 'hoods they would get their ass beat for being giant faggots. Fuck this gay earth and fuck all these sjw faggots.
>>
Last time I checked, posting about this shit was bannable.

Also,
NOT TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>52918495
>Gamergate wins
Except no one cares about Zoe or her ex except insofar as she's an insufferable cunt who exemplifies exactly how easy it is to to get good media coverage in gaming 'journalism'.

When Gawker, Polygon, Kotaku, et al are destroyed and actual standards put in place for journalism, then you can say that gamergate won.
>>
File: 1448024055668.jpg (142 KB, 1023x622) Image search: [Google]
1448024055668.jpg
142 KB, 1023x622
>>52930358
>Then a bunch of gaming news sites decided to push the idea of "gamers are dead, gamers don't have to be your audience." That pissed a ton more gamers off and kicked off Gamergate.
This is what really legitimizes the whole movement in my eyes really. That and the leak of the "game journo pros" shit. Having a bunch of publications simultaneously publish the same drivel all at once simply validates any notion of mass collusion. The actual mailing list leaking is just the final nail in the coffin. But of course, it wasn't JUST that, it was a mix of anger that has been brewing for years beforehand at the rise of SJW shit being rammed down everyone's throat in the gaming community. Can't blame them honestly. Especially when the retarded game "journalists" are so fucking arrogant to flaunt their corruption in people's faces. Bloggers when they're not journalistic, journalists when they're getting free shit from publishers and press passes...

The only thing that gamergate really really got wrong was actually going along with "gamer" as an identity (no one on /v/ subscribed to that shit before, it became a rallying cry) and not just a descriptive term. All the misogyny bullshit was nothing but vapor. I watched those fucking faggots every day for weeks and every time someone would say something dumb they'd just tell them to get the fuck out. They were actively paranoid about that shit and their image which was another fault of their movement they couldn't agree on internally. Anyway, You don't play identity politics with identity politics niggers. That only validates THEIR cause. I'd never be caught dead calling myself a gamer as anything more than a description despite the fact that I play a fuckton of games. Of course, this is a mix of ribbit and /v/ who have a predisposition to being absurdly retarded so they never even considered that.
>>
>>52931236
correct. but gaming 'journalism' is dead anyway. at least the faggot ones.
>>
>>52931236
>When Gawker, Polygon, Kotaku, et al are destroyed
Gawker is fucked when Hulk Hogan inevitably wins his lawsuit. Gawker fucked more than the gaming community, Hollywood HATES them. GG actually did 6 figure damage to Gawker apparently too with their advertising-slash campaign, unfortunately some of the advertisers went back and strangely enough some of the listed ones weren't even actually on contract with them.
>>
>>52931279
it's like they didn't realize that video games got popular enough for people to give a fuck as much as gamergate made them
>>
>>52918495
I still don't know how to read gamergate. Pro gamergate is anti-corrupt journalists/sjw? Or is pro gamergate anti-/v/?

I'm sorry happy twitter is going under.
>>
>>52931488
*I'm so happy

I hate phones. Phones and twitter. They can both go to hell.
>>
>>52931236
>When Gawker, Polygon, Kotaku, et al are destroyed

didn't /pol/ manage to cause Gawker to lose a few million dollars?
>>
>>52931499
just take any other "gate" and ask yourself if you are for or against it.

also, I'm with you to an extent about the other shit. but I find access to the Internet on mobile phones to be invaluable. I'm constantly looking shit up
>>
>>52931525
Yeah they had their ads pulled. But then it started actually hurting business, so the media started backing the professional victims. The machine protects itself when other parts of it are in trouble. I've not clicked on a single gawker owned link since.

It sucks because lifehacker was a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>52922398
Thank fucking god. A sane poster in this thread.
>>
>>52922398
Yeah, let's just ignore all this shit and let those feminists win, fucking spineless cunt.
>>
File: 4L_cr8nNM5i.jpg (36 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
4L_cr8nNM5i.jpg
36 KB, 720x480
>>52931554
Pic related it's you
>>
File: 1432427984539.jpg (86 KB, 651x940) Image search: [Google]
1432427984539.jpg
86 KB, 651x940
>>52927574
Literal Autism there. These manchildren need to grow up. What you do isn't hard, most people do it because it's the opposite, easy and mind-numbing. I hope the child that wrote that wants to kill himself.
>>
Zoe Quinn is a false flag anyway.
The real Problems are somewhere else, but nobody tends to listen.
>>
>>52925703
It's always the fucking same. Even in the movie about the autistic boy who was bullied, benx was called, the guy had a gf. I guess normie storywriters don't know how fucking impossible that is even though they were supposed to be more emphatic when making this kind of movie, they keep thinking there is always someone for anyone, even if you are autistic.

Tl;dr REEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
>>
>>52931739
it's a hobby so what? it's better then drinking myself to death
>>
Win Confirmed.
>>
>>52918495
Can someone actually explain what this is, as far as i know its some attention seeker who said games are sexist even though she doesnt play game?
>>
>>52931774
I'd rather drink myself to death than play any game released in the last 7 years. Modern video gaming is a torturous hobby targeted towards people with sub-nigg IQ.
>>
>>52931812
>I'd rather drink myself to death than play any game released in the last 7 years.
I wouldn't. but I agree that online multiplayer has ruined a lot of it and that a lot of shit is just watered down to be the same formula of, "do this for a short time then collect all the little things for achievements." with that being said I still do find joy in a lot of them and if you do it right it's a pretty cheap. plus there's a lot of indie gems coming out that hopefully encourage bigger companies to make more campaign driven games. farcry for example is up there on my list because of the lengths they go to to keep their games feel fresh
>>
>>52931907
Yeah, you're right, I was just exaggerating. I found my own personal sweet spot, playing games from the 90's and 00s era, all playable on a toaster of a PC.
>>
>narcissistic slut fabricates harassment of herself and blames some shitty minor chan
>year later her boyfriend leaves her providing evidence she's a narcissistic slut and terrible person altogether
>everybody makes fun of her
>coincidentally these are people who have promoted her game and are also related to some award shows which she won
>people then use it as a platform to talk about how about kotaku and games media are shitty
>fearful that their political cabal is waning in influence the SJW Games Media alliance join together to make the whole thing about about how everybody made fun of the narcissistic slut because she's a woman, even though it's because she's a terrible person
>>
>>52931952
yeah exactly. Super Nintendo through ps2 is a really amazing time for games. so much random shit that you wouldn't give a second glance that were actually staples like Simpsons road rage
>>
>>52918495
>16 hours later
Are the mods on fucking vacation?

>>52931534
>just take any other "gate" and ask yourself if you are for or against it.
"Gate" is used to refer to scandals related to something, to say that you are for X scandal as a way of saying you are against what the scandal involved is ridiculous. What fucking illiterate was allowed to pick that name and how did no one involved point out that ridiculousness before it took off?
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.