[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW the highschool kids of the future will graduate with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1454999132564.png (119 KB, 1216x970) Image search: [Google]
1454999132564.png
119 KB, 1216x970
>TFW the highschool kids of the future will graduate with more knowledge than the CS BS grads of today

I hope you're practicing your toilet scrubbing techniques, /g/
>>
>>52888196
Wasn't that just some schmuck saying how he'd homeschool his kid?
>>
>>52888196
Implying the kids would actually pay attention instead of picking their noses and falling off chairs while rocking on them
>>
>>52888461

Not every kid is going to be like you
>>
>>52888554
Not every kid is an idiot savant either.
>>
>>52888196
Most kids are retarded

/thread
>>
>>52888631
They're just not being challenged enough
>>
>>52888837
Lots of kids struggle with the easy as fuck shit we teach today

More segregation would probably help
>>
>>52888196
>toilet scrubbing
Back to >>>/prog/

oh wait, fuck
>>
if this was going to be implemented in public schools teachers would need a lot more time and a lot higher salary. i think this is a great idea but my highschool algebra2/precalc teacher could barely show us an example off the top of his head without making a mistake, he had an MS and skipped over most math topics that i would be using in vector calc today had he actually taught them
>>
>>52888874

Because they go about problems all wrong and have no work ethic
>>
File: 1436946659898.png (45 KB, 193x167) Image search: [Google]
1436946659898.png
45 KB, 193x167
LOL you wish. Most kids can't even into trigonometry in 12th grade.
>>
>>52888196
Not every topic there takes the same amount of time to learn or (what matters) master.
>>
>>52888943
Even with overpaid school teachers how the fuck are you going to get kids whose main focus in life is weed, video games, and pretending that they matter on facebook to learn python let alone something so complex as C++?
>>
>>52888196
Since the 60´s education has advanced A LOT, we learn what our grandparents/parents learnt on college, but we are not smarter than them actually, there are obstacles that are the reason for the slow growth of the education levels and thats pretty much our human capabilities, we cant force them that much, by example:
You cant teach sexual education in kinder garden since their minds barely understand the world penis.
>>
>>52888196
Kids don't need to learn about programming or computer science. Also, if India is any indication, code monkeys will never be a threat.
>>
>>52888196
You're an idiot if you think this will be offered anywhere except the most elite private schools, and even there this is a stretch.

This completely neglects other subjects such as history, foreign language, music, literature, etc. The second post sort of rectifies that, but you would need those subjects from the beginning. Pure math won't get you a good job, you also need to be able to write well.

Finally,
>implying even if this did happen, the people teaching these kids CS wouldn't be 50 years old and trying to administer the class lessons by reading off a .pdf file that took them step by step through everything instead of teaching them how to actually use a program
>>
>>52888943
>if this was going to be implemented in public schools teachers would need a lot more time and a lot higher salary

No, teachers need to be replaced by armed chaperones to handle kids paired with professors who know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>52889131

C++ is just as easy to learn as python
>>
>>52889079

Most kids have been told lies that not everyone is a "math person" and don't try understanding it.
>>
File: 8th_Grade_Test_02.jpg (216 KB, 511x2515) Image search: [Google]
8th_Grade_Test_02.jpg
216 KB, 511x2515
>>52889166
>Since the 60´s education has advanced A LOT, we learn what our grandparents/parents learnt on college

That not true at all. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite.
>>
ALSO NOBODY IS GOING TO TEACH THEM THIS SINCE TODAY´S EDUCATION LEVELS ARE ON THE FUCKING GROUND

NO TEACHERS
O

T
E
A
C
H
E
R
S
>>
>>52889369
i love the Grammar section, my english prof probably couldn't even answer some of those
>>
>>52889338
Fact is even if you sat down and explained it to them they wouldn't be able to understand advanced math like calculus.

It's not that they're lazy fucks, it's just most kids aren't that bright. It's a fact of life. Doesn't mean they will never learn calculus but you expect them to fully understand it in collage not high school.
>>
>>52888953
Damn lazy 1st graders! Get a job am I right?
>>
>>52889400
There are a ton of postdocs out looking for work. Turn high school into the new community college and employ them.

problem->solved++;
>>
>>52888196
This would never work en masse. Kids and people in general don't care enough about school, which is why university graduates are such a tiny minority of the population.
>>
>>52888196
in 7th grade I had difficulties with long division, and I spent the first half of high school just trying to catch up. When I went to start college algebra in a community college, I was the one ahead of the curve FFS.

I don't know why it took me so long to catch up, but something is wrong with the way instruction is given, and how we get children to give fucks.
>>
>wanted to challenge myself in school
>felt that it was too easy
>noticed some friends were in "advanced" classes in middle school
>ended up in classes with two teacher and mexicans or kids who did drugs or didn't give a fuck about being there.
>don't take school seriously because they don't give a shit about my potential
>label the computer nerd because I look like one I guess
>get through classes by helping idiot teachers with outlook
>graduate highschool with a 2.5 because it doesn't matter anyways.

problem is segregation. Kids who don't give a fuck should all be put in classes while those who actually care or want to learn get put in advanced courses.
>>
>sucked shit at math in grade 1 and 2, didn't give a flying fuck
>dad made me do "dad math" at home during grades 3 and 4, fucking destroyed that shit
>was ahead of kids that were a grade ahead of me, math fucking wizard
>got cocky and didn't do any work or anything new
>slowly everyone caught up to me
>8th grade and im even with everyone else again
>9 and onwards I lag behind in my AP courses
>barely managed to get uni credit but I did
>no idea what to do with it
I've come this far, and yet I have no idea what the fuck to do.
>>
>>52889521

Are you saying 1st graders can't learn addition and subtraction?
>>
>>52889591
I also should add that by saying ahead of the curve, I just meant the majority of people were below College Algebra.

>>52889619
this. When I wasn't keeping up with the other kids they put me in a slower class.
Really just felt humiliated and made me not feeling like doing 50 long division problems every night.

Even if you can do the math you get bumped down into these low level classes and the problem just gets worse as the years go on. I think this problem would be helped not by breaking people up into tier based on how much material they know, but by having more applied stuff be taught.
>>
>>52889540
Then you have a few generations of students who are basically told to get fucked. I would totally go back and retake high school if they did that, but anybody who already graduated would be screwed.
>>
>>52889725
I'm pretty sure some of them still can't add complex numbers together like 3393-2948

You're overestimating how intelligent the average miniature mouthbreather is
>>
>>52889755
>Even if you can do the math you get bumped down into these low level classes and the problem just gets worse as the years go on. I think this problem would be helped not by breaking people up into tier based on how much material they know, but by having more applied stuff be taught.

That would mean holding teachers accountable, and you can't do that.
>>
>>52889540
>>52889758

How about dumb fucks go to high school, and kids who can perform in any meaningful way or show interest in a trade can skip straight to community college.

They already let kids who have A's and perfect attendance go early, and half of community college courses are basically just remedial shit for high school level anyway.
>>
>>52889785
I remember crying when learning borrowing...

I think people underestimate how fucking weird and alien math is, training children to think is symbolic terms like that doesn't come naturally to large numbers of people who may conceptualize and understand the world in a completely different way.
>>
>>52889785

I'm willing to bet you're dead wrong. Tutors have taught dumb 1st graders with ADD algebra in 4 months. The problem is we don't even try.
>>
>>52889758

Adult learning colleges and self study is a thing.
>>
>>52889931
Well now you need to hire tutors for every kid.

i'm >>52889869 and I am sure if my parents didn't give a shit I would have never figured it out.

Really I saw no correlation between how smart I felt a kid was and the grades they got. The biggest factor in your grades IMO is parental influence.
>>
File: sexually_broken.png (102 KB, 681x406) Image search: [Google]
sexually_broken.png
102 KB, 681x406
>>52889982
>tfw dad left us when I was 5
>tfw mom turned into a drunk and drug addict who made my brothers go through poverty even though dad always paid child support
>tfw high school drop-out
>tfw working in fast food with no motivation to get my ged
it hurts man. At least I quit doing drugs...
>>
>>52889591
>but something is wrong with the way instruction is given

Teachers don't understand what they are teaching. It's the blind leading the blind.
>>
>>52888196
>highschool kids of the future will graduate with more knowledge than the CS BS grads of today
No shit, retard. This happens with every new generation and as the human race acquires more and more information.
>>
>>52889982
Responding to myself because I am thinking out loud and looking for .

Kids CAN learn advanced stuff early, however teachers are to dumb, and children are to easily discouraged.

Smart underachievers get pulled back into the same room with knuckledraggers and develop poor work habits and become uninterested in learning oftentimes.

Individual instruction is necessary for many, but would be expensive. This could be helped by parents, but in todays world of single working moms and dual income households is a pipe dream.

School is completely separated from the real world so learning is boring. Kids who do well in school may likely be uncreative study drones who only learned how to memorize through drilling.
Math becomes a robotic plug in chug that will be forgotten as soon as the child leaves school.
>>
>>52889619

Or kids that don't learn, don't advance
>>
>>52890068
Only wealthy people should be allowed to breed.
>>
>>52890068
Most of your issues can be fixed by changing your diet. Stop shoving mcnuggies down your throat and eat a salad. Not a fast food salad, either, you fuck. Stop being a fuccboi and get over your inner bitch.
>>
>>52888196
"tap here to sync your gmail and facebook accounts!"
>>
>>52888196
There's a big difference between slapping a child with all these subjects, and having them actually digest and know them.

Sure they can technically 'learn'(memorize) everything OP mentioned, but they won't fully understand anything unless they actually plan to make a career out of it, so it's basically useless.

The child may as well be a machine
>>
File: 1422459930054.jpg (397 KB, 1118x1600) Image search: [Google]
1422459930054.jpg
397 KB, 1118x1600
>>52888196
>implying a gubbermint program is capable of teaching hormone-addled cancer babies all that shit
>implying muh seniority won't mean they're shit outta ck ad infinitum
>>
File: 1422459869014.jpg (298 KB, 1118x1600) Image search: [Google]
1422459869014.jpg
298 KB, 1118x1600
>>52890426
>ck
>>
>>52890390
lol
>>
>>52890358
I semi agree with this

Why do people have kids if they can't take care of them? Why punish them to a life of poverty? Unless they are born a genius, or have high motivation to succeed, they'll end up the same or worse than their parents. Not good odds to bet on.

You definitely don't need to be wealthy to take care of a child though. Anything besides poor really.

Ironically, poor people breed the most. Most wealthy people are too invested in their own lives to have kids.
>>
>>52890506
because "muh religion". Not even trying to be a fedora lord here, I'm an agnostic.
>>
>>52889823

Could work but it shouldn't be skipping years. If they go into college 2 years earlier, they should stay 2 years longer.
>>
>>52889698

M8 you've barely gone anywhere
>>
>>52888196
There's only one good global slution to improve education.
SEGREGATION
Kids should be divided into classes based on their current state of knowledge. Like regroup all kids every 6 months.
The problem is kids woudl start bullying those that are tier lower than them.
But we should firstly get rid of this problem by teaching proper social things (plus their parents shouldn interfere with their stupidity...).

And no, it's notracism based o
>>
>>52890529
religion encourages people to have kids? i mean i honestly don't know, im not religious at all.

I know for a fact poor people in US mostly have kids because they get money/benefits off them from the government. i work at a shit min wage job, and I heard one of the girls had like 4 kids only for the money. i mean holy shit, how cold.
>>
>>52888943
Teachers are already overpaid.
In my cuntry, on average, they get paid 2~3 times the avg. salary.
>>
>>52888196

Sounds great but this would only work in a school of all white/asians with male teaching staff that are actually passionate about teaching.
>>
>>52890582
considering my teachers abandoned me in grade 2 as one of the "hopeless" ones, I'd say I ended up pretty good.
I'm just mad that I never bother to develop any reasonable work ethic in that time.
>>
File: 1448551980179.jpg (759 KB, 1390x1140) Image search: [Google]
1448551980179.jpg
759 KB, 1390x1140
>>52890506
because disgenics. Western societies subsidize low IQ people to breed endlessly, whilst making it too expensive for the middle class to want to raise kids. Also guilt trip them too. Add in importing millions of sub-85 IQ shitskins, and you have a very dumb and manipulable population. You can control the population with very simplistic controversies, shaming, gossip, and a generally anti-success narrative.

The elite spend copious resources on their few children making sure they continue their work, and so the process continues.

They're now waiting for space travel, robots, and life-extension to build their elysium.
>>
>the highschool kids of the future will graduate with more knowledge than the CS BS grads of today
I can only hope this will be the case, but by the looks of things, education is being dumbed down, not the other way around. When I went to high school, I got the equivalent of Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 in an AP class in my senior year. With common core, however, AP calculus is being phased out.

>I hope you're practicing your toilet scrubbing techniques, /g/
By the time any practical advancements in education will have been made, I will already be deep enough into a career that I will be able to maintain my job by experience alone.
>>
>>52889338
>>52889487
Well every NORMAL person will understand it after some TRYING.
People that don't understand have developemental problems or genetic disabilities. I'm not saying they are retarded (like in special forces meme...) they just lack some abilities that normal ppl have.
It's like ADHD, disease that seemed to never exist, it was simply so easy to suppres and tell ppl that the kid is simply crazy nobody cared.
Ppl with such thinking impairments might still socialize well but in fact they are a lil' bit retarded.
>>
>>52889982
>Well now you need to hire tutors for every kid.

It's a well known fact that kids learn less than 15 minutes of material each day in elementary school and that numbers drops the younger the kids get. Switching to a system where one kid is individually tutored at a time while the rest have extended recess would work wildly better than the current class structure we have now. They would learn more, have 0 possibility of being left behind, be guaranteed to pay attention, and the kids would love it way more too.
>>
>>52889369
This desu. People today are so arrogant. They think they're the greatest, smartest generation to have ever lived.
>>
>>52890620
Religion empowers people to leave choices up to "god". It also makes people ashamed to use protection. Those two things combined are not much problem for richfags but a huge devastating blow to poorfags, especially the kids.

Yeah that girl is getting child support left and right but her life is fucking over. No more school and therefore no more hope of getting anything more than a job in wendy's.

All that child support mostly goes to the kids you know. Child services would intervene if kids started coming to school with the same dirty uniform every day and/or showed signs of malnutrition.
>>
>>52890101
>No shit, retard. This happens with every new generation and as the human race acquires more and more information.

What planet have you've been living on? Kids have been getting dumber every year for the past century.
>>
>>52890068
Maybe you should stop blaming all your problems on outside factors and be your own god damn man
>>
>>52890743
lol
>>
File: 1416917232918.jpg (61 KB, 568x720) Image search: [Google]
1416917232918.jpg
61 KB, 568x720
>>52890588
They do this in Japan. Kids are divided by test scores into schools, classrooms, and even class seating in some cases. All test scores are posted for everyone to view. This, combined with their genetically high IQ and distaste for the initiation of force horizontally, works great for them.
>>
>>52890787
So that's why most of them are quiet and depressed who constantly contemplate suicide.
>>
>>52890787
Japan - dream country.
Meh, why other countries don't learn.
>>
>>52890529
>because "muh religion

No. If you suck, you're better off not marrying or not having children.

>Matthew 19:10 [Jesus'] disciples said to him, “If that is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” 11 He answered, “Not all can accept [this] word, but only those to whom that is granted. 12 Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it.”
>>
>>52890848
chinese cartoons≠ real life
>>
>>52890864
But china is real.
>>
>>52890855
>every christian has the same CoC
>every christian interprets the bable the same way
>everyone christian doesn't make up his own custom CoC not compatible with the bable
You have so much to learn
>>
>>52890787
hikkikomori though. also suidide rate.
>>
>>52890506
I don't think this goes far enough. NO ONE should breed.
Why bring an innocent child into a world filled with war, hatred, and cruelty? Do you really want to see all your family and friends die later in your life after forming a deep relationship with them? No.
It's better to have never been born than it is live and suffer.
>>
>>52890737
Those kids will become adults. Adults with more information then you had when you were a kid. You were dumb when you were a kid, you just didn't realize it because it's relative. Regardless, kids today are smarter than kids were generations before them because now they can carry a glass box in their pockets with the answers to any questions they could ever have.
>>
>>52890872
You know what I meant you little cheeky cunt
>>
>>52890902
Suicide should be encouraged. Only the happiest people should live in this shitty world.
>>
File: creation.jpg (458 KB, 1784x1024) Image search: [Google]
creation.jpg
458 KB, 1784x1024
>>52890901
>Christian
>Protestant

Pick exactly one
>>
>>52890915
i just hope they will some day in the future nvent a drug or other method of turning on/off your ovaries or balls that's not invasive or don't have major side effects.
This way you could suppress breeding by default and let ppl choose when to become fertile, jsut hen they want to have a baby.
Currently most babies are just sideefect of stupid frisky behaviours in dumb ppl.
>>
>>52890915
>Why bring an innocent child into a world filled with war, hatred, and cruelty
we don't live in a dystopia anon. a wealthy child will live a happy spoiled life.
>>
>>52889466
Our priorities have changed, but the education would be around about the same level. We place much less focus on perfect sentence structure these days.
The whole test seems reasonable for 8th grade kids who have just spent months learning that stuff, even by today's standards
>>
>>52890957
a happy spoiled life of shitposting on /g/ with their >$2,000 machines and 5TB of anime in a comfy room sipping on the finest delicacies
>>
>>52890915
>Why bring an innocent child into a world filled with war, hatred, and cruelty?
Woo wee lad, did you finally get to the part of your high school career where they make you read 1984? If you live in America, or any of the first world nations you live in a fucking awesome place and you should embrace it.
>>
>>52890943
Oh sorry I didn't know you were a dictionary. Guess I'll go burn my dictionary ASAP.
>>
>>52889758
>don't try to fix the problem because it will hurt the feelings of people who lived through the problem
>>
>>52890943
>catholic
How about we just pick both.
>>
>>52890992
#REKT
>>
>>52888196
There may be people who can do this, but most people just won't have the mathematical maturity, or mental capacity, or drive to do this before they're almost an adult. This requires a lot of abstract thought. You can memorize loads of crap at almost any age, and maybe even apply a little of it, but not have any mastery of if at that young if an age.
>>
In my line of work, on a technical level the people who are as many years older than me as I am to current 1st graders, are functional retards that can barely use the most basic functions of an excel spreadsheet.

They can scantly operate software that they have been using for the last decade, and anything presented to them within the last 3 years is completely foreign to them no matter how much they simplify the UI to target iOS users.

They are so entrenched with 'experience' on their resume that they are under no obligation to prove they are in any way productive above and beyond a bare minimum because it is implied they have invisible superpowers from their years of experience for which any company will pay a significant premium. I expect it will be exactly the same twenty years from now.
>>
>>52891069
>I expect it will be exactly the same twenty years from now.
You were born after the internet. Please stop.
>>
>>52890957
>>52890990
It would be nice if we could choose whether to be born into a rich or poor family or whether or not to have disabilities. Maybe the better option is to euthanize children who have physical or mental disabilities and then encourage the adults to kill themselves if they feel their wealth or disabilities are preventing them from living a happy life.
>>
>>52890133
>teachers are too dumb
I was studying to become a teacher, and spent time in a school on placement. In only a short time you can see how overworked teachers are, and how much shit they have to put up with.
>Too many kids in a single class
>forced to teach multiple subjects they know nothing about
>have to prepare own materials (when it's for a subject you don't know, you're double fucked)
>have to put up with shithead kids and not have the power to do anything

I taught a html class, where the usual teacher was an old lady who knew literally nothing about it. She gave me 30 minutes to prepare a 40 minute lesson plan, for 25-30 kids. Some of them actually had fun and wanted to learn more, but I had to spend my whole time making sure the shithead kids actually did their work.
There's probably a lot of dumbass teachers, but a lot of issues schools have would be fixed just with more money.
>>
>>52891155
New Jersey spent the most money per student of any state in the US, and centrally pooled it to distribute funds evenly across the state, and consistently performed as one of the worst in the country. The money simply disappears into administrative fees and union organizations. None of it finds its way into the classroom.
>>
>>52888196
It would only work in a small environment. 4-10 kids per class. These are pretty difficult concepts that high schoolers struggle with. You can argue that they have bad teachers but the schooling system is completely focused on regurgitation over short periods of time for test scores and budgeting, not intelligence.

This would be fantastic if we could get past liberalism and stop enforcing special snowflake syndrome. Also enforce more punishment for (mostly) niggers who have no behavioral discipline at home and think it's okay to act out in class and disrupt the educational period they need before they should be "released" into the rest of the world as functioning adults.

Also
This was just some dude who laid this out for his home school curriculum for his kid.
>>
>>52888196
>>TFW the highschool kids of the future won't to able to do basic math in their heads thanks to common core
I, for one, am glad I finished high school over a decade ago.
>>
>>52891270
>wow next generation is going to be so bad
>said every previous generation ever
>>
>>52891297
at least we lived in the yet most glorious age of computing.
>>
>>52891208
>union organizations
People are still scared of unions in the year 2016?
>>
>>52891297
They're still the same generation sempai.
>>
>>52890506
>>Why do people have kids if they can't take care of them

Many niggers do it for the welfare money
>>
>>52891520
Nah they do it because they're stupid. Welfare money is pocket change for raising a single child.
>>
>>52890588
>Kids should be divided into classes based on their current state of knowledge. Like regroup all kids every 6 months.

So basically like college classes?
>>
>>52888196
It's nice to have pretend goals.
>>
>>52891609
That could be a good start.
I learned much easier and a lot more in college thanks to this.
>>
>>52890679
What the fuck? They're trying to prevent calculus from being taught to high schoolers? That's fucking stupid.

I taught myself calculus in the summer after my freshman year of high school but my school wouldn't let me take the AP exam because hurr durr you have to take the class, it's a school requirement :DDDD. Then when I took it as a senior, I took the BC exam (my school only offered AB) and got a 5.

Shit was so easy too. Kids in my class were struggling with simple concepts like the chain rule and integration. It's hard to believe that college kids in top universities struggle with those concepts as well.

I think education should honestly be reserved for the elite.
>>
>>52891208
Then it's still the same issue, because the school itself is underfunded
>>
Dude future AI will replace 90% of what CS grads do.

Shit will hit the fan when AI creates AI.
>>
>forcing children to learn C++ programming
Why torture the poor souls and make them learn such a shitty, broken by design language? Let them learn actual C, or give them something easy like Python. Not to mention, teaching kids C++ will only make it stick around for longer. We want C++ to die, not linger around for another few decades.

Also, you want to wait until kids are in high school to teach them anything about history, culture, art, music, and so on? Go fuck yourself. That stuff is just as important as basics science and math.
>>
>>52890588
>what are AP/dual enrollment classes

The standard US high school education is solely vocational. If you aren't retarded, you can actually get an education.
>>
>>52892218
>thinking that US is whole world
also social stigma - not every pupil has strong will and is easily discouraged
>>
>>52889369
>servia
>>
>>52889369
Hahaha, they had to actually sketch people as part of the test? Wow dude. Imagine the poor kids who can't draw trying to sketch some dude and missing out on the perfect grade because their art skills are lacking.
>>
now all the niggers will drop out for sure

none of this 30% graduation rate shit
>>
100 years ago you'd learn Latin at high school and a high school diploma would pretty much guarantee a comfy living for a family of 4.

Now Americans struggle to write English at 6th grade level while attending college and a college diploma guarantees you a lifetime of debt while living on your own.
>>
>>52892291
>they actually have to learn religion as part of the test? wow dude. imagine poor kids who can;t prayer missing out on the perfect life
>>
>>52892291
There's no such thing as can't draw. All it takes is a good learning plan and you can get surprisingly competent in about 100 hours.
>>
File: 1424411058333.png (315 KB, 1381x907) Image search: [Google]
1424411058333.png
315 KB, 1381x907
>this is what americans pay hundreds of thousands to learn in college
>this is what they get in debt for
kinda glad I'm not 'murrikan

reminder to check your privilege, 'murrikans ;^)
>>
>>52892588
What major?
>>
>>52892588
This isn't even bait.
>>
>>52892588
>reverse image
>facebook games
>>
>>52892588
god damn, the power & privilege symposium is habbening on the 18th at whitman

http://aswcpps.org/
>>
>>52890917

They have greater access to information than ever before BUT they have the lower desire to learn that information than ever before. We're living in a paradoxical age.
>>
>>52890974
>Our priorities have changed

How so? All education reformers of the past have said we need to remove the old to make room for the new but when it comes time to put in the new, nothing is added and we have only weakened our education for naught.
>>
>>52891155
>>forced to teach multiple subjects they know nothing about

You would expect a college grad to know 4th grade Arithmetic, Science, English, and History if they weren't dumb.
>>
>>52893354
Yeah but who the fuck remembers the specific details of the Civil War, what battles were fought, who was in The War of 1812, shit like that. That's the shit they teach you. You get it spouted at you in 4th grade and don't care again until you take American History in HS, take a test on it then forget it all.
>>
>>52893354
The old lady teacher was a maths teacher, and she was made to teach a web development class. It's probably a worse example than what usually happens, but it's still a shitty situation when teachers are forced to teach things they're not prepared for.
>>
>>52891605

They let the streets raise them
>>
File: AI.png (262 KB, 697x534) Image search: [Google]
AI.png
262 KB, 697x534
>>52892123
>>
>>52892291

Yeah, it's better to pass everybody than to have standards.
>>
Actuary intern here, I'd love to teach beefy high school maths, but the pay is shit. The thing I loved most about Uni was tutoring, moreover when they get their eureka moment and figure the problems out.
>>
>>52892176
>you want to wait until kids are in high school to teach them anything about history, culture, art, music, and so on

Those things are better learned after you have some maturity and life experience. You can't really get the point across to young children who barely know anything about people.

>Why did they raze the city after she was raped?
>Don't they know massacring people is wrong?
>Why were just the women and child enslaved?
>Wouldn't pillaging make you the bad guys?
>What is rape anyway and why do people rape?
>What is the difference between a prostitute and sex slave?
>Can we become sex slaves too?

"Um... well... uh... you see... ah..."
>>
>>52893789
>Those things are better learned after you have some maturity and life experience. You can't really get the point across to young children who barely know anything about people.

Exactly, i know it from my own experince.
It was only by the end of highschool when i became interested in history and language and only then i started learning about those by myself, just when i've almost already forgotten all of the stuff that they tried to shove up my ass thru whole school.
>>
File: 1367913238108.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1367913238108.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
>>52888196
>same thread yesterday
>no one responded because the op was earnest and not a joke
>at least the few responses there were were interesting and decent
>today, op is maym bait
>tons of responses
>all of them just more mayms and bait
>>
>>52893521
Who decides the standards? Who defines a "well rounded" person and the value of that? Someone with an agenda.

One man says "by god, the children must sketch, tis the greatest expression of intelligence!"
The other man says "nay, to sketch is to imitate the lower behaviours of our ancestors. our children must write poetic descriptions"
And another man says "fuck that dude, they need to like, write an informal blog post about why some dude was like, not important, and like, harmful to society, man, like, people need to critique THE SYSTEM man"

And each and every one of them is horrible for education

In this sort of system, only the brightest minds with sufficient will behind them ever succeed despite not fitting in to the expectations of their delusional elders. The rest of the waste potentials simply become pseudo-intellectual bums that are sort of good at math but work in a tire factory or something.

And then you have the other option - barely any education at all - that leaves those people just as useless but infinitely less interesting.

Good education is specialized and fluid. Education was specialized and fluid at the dawn of man, but these modern tribes of monkeys care about freedom more than anything so there is a dearth of persons to teach. Teaching is, instead, industrialized. Every product moving down the line goes through the same steps and either goes out to market or into the bin, and there are a few employees running the process - by choice - and few, because few people would do it by choice, if there were no immediate necessity.
>>
>>52892123
AI? try abstraction and powerful hardware.

>old CS grad:
>thousands of lines of assembly and sometimes C, careful consideration of algorithms, extremely weak systems
>new CS grad:
>one hundred lines of slow as fuck python running on an i7 with a simple alogirthm chosen for conciseness instead of performance
>newer CS grad:
>five lines of GNU/rubyperl running on an openPOWER hexacore symbolics emulator at one floating point operation per second
>"facebook loads fast enough for me, nerd"

not mentioned
>the hobbyists and math grads who wrote the abstractions
>>
>>52889263
get the fuck out
>>
>>52888196
does /sci/ do anything besides jerk off to curricula they make up?
>>
>how to fail 99% of children

I actually like the idea. But normies are still painfully the majority and can't be genocided as of now.
>>
>>52892248
>in pictura est puella
>>
>>52888196
I might actually modify this program a bit and make my kid follow this with homeschooling up to grade 6. Then I'll put them in a private school and tell them to start pursuing knowledge on their own.
>>
>>52890588
Literally merit/honors/AP
And the problem isn't the kids in the higher tiers bullying those beneath them. It's the surplus of kids at the bottom of the caste telling the few smart kids that they're nerds and tryhards. Then to all the incoming kids, it looks cool to be at the bottom with all your friends doing retard level math to barely stay eligible.
>>
>>52889487
>advanced math like calculus
Kek

Are you a comp sci major
>>
>>52888196
I want a kid to do this with
>Topology by highschool
algebraic topology with my kid ;-;
going to impregnate muslim gf literally rn t.b.h

I would probably add in more literature and art in the 1-5, with some very rudimentary history, basic speech and debate
Have Macro/micro econ way earlier since they're already dealing with much worse by then
Add in modern art because fuck you I like walls of color and 20th century jew memeing
>>
>>52889487
>advanced math like calculus.
yeah bro differential equations is like the BOSS level of math bro
>>
>>52894473
>>52894498
If you guys are American, I hope you realize that unless you go to an elite university like Princeton, your calculus courses are a joke.
>>
>>52894536
>Eurocuck pretends he has any idea of how America works
>>
i actually took a maths exam paper from the 1960s or so, for fun once

i can tell you right now, exam papers from the 1960s or earlier LOOK more impressive, but most of them are just based on rote learning and memorization, and every problem is viewed as a series of steps that are the same every time

in contrast, more modern exam papers are more clever. they often attempt to test the use of stuff on the syllabus in unfamiliar situations and combinations. they ask questions that require a deeper level of understanding and critical thinking. they offer problems that can't be solved using a set series of steps.

this is what we should be embracing. teach difficult concepts as late as you can, teach them properly, and teach the in sufficient depth such that students will actually understand them

>it's possible to teach computer science and physics almost to batchelor's degree level by 12th grade
not even worth responding to as bait
>>
>>52894215
it is
>>
>>52894536
> learns calculus only in college
>>
>>52894955
i was really confused when i heard that americans learn calculus in high school

i mean on the one hand it's justified because american high school lasts a year longer than euro compulsory education in a lot of places

but on the other hand, most americans i talk to didn't learn any useful calculus in high school (nothing that would be really useful for physics, anyway) and most high-school graduates have no use for it at all, so what's the point

in the UK you're taught it at basically the same time, but you've already specialized down to 3/4 subjects so you get to learn it in much, much greater detail. teaching it to everyone just means dumbing it down
>>
>>52895089
am not american though
>>
>>52894536

It's called real analysis
>>
>>52894424
Well you described quite much current state of matters. But as higher tiers would grew (due to frequent exams/segregations) they would feel more powerfull and start bullying - feeling elite always make ppl bully others.
>>
>>52895089
I'm american and i learned about derivatives and integrals when i was 14~15
>>
>people don't realize that the shit americans call calculus is basic derivation and integration crap that everyone learns in hs
>people think it's the same as the analysis courses in uni
Kek
>>
>>52889487
>It's not that they're lazy fucks, it's just most kids aren't that bright.

This. I think what most people forget is that 50% of the population has an IQ at 100 or below. People with IQs below 115 are, in general, dumbasses. Your average darkie in Africa is 90. Your average darkie in America is 95. Your average business student is 110. Your average engineering student is around 130. About 95-98% of people have an IQ lower than the average engineering student. 130 isn't very high. That's basically the ability to apply knowledge to solving problems. That's what an engineer is, an applied scientist. People are fucking dumb.
>>
>>52896301
similar in germany
>>
File: 4L_Bzapeoee.jpg (82 KB, 634x533) Image search: [Google]
4L_Bzapeoee.jpg
82 KB, 634x533
>>52888196
Improving education won't help if the underlying intelligence isn't improving. There are chimps that can be taught basic sign language because they want to get treats but they're not going to magically start writing novels and performing advanced mathematics. Same thing with most humans and if anything stupid people out breed smart people causing each generation to be more retarded than the last (see: millennials). You can give all these human chimps as much stem education as you want the same way you could trying to teach a chimp calculus and you'll see that it's an exercise in futility. If the genetics required for intelligence are missing all the environmental stimulation in the world won't do a damn thing. The Nature of a chimp won't allow you Nurture it into an Einstein.
>>
>>52896684
yea but homeschooling is illegal in germany right
>>
>>52896937
Yes. There are only public and private schools. It's illegal to avoid school
>>
File: tip.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>52896922
>>
Humans get smarter yeah. But I don't think most students have the capacity to learn all that in that time.
>>
>>52889369
bequeath is such an ugly word
>>
>>52888616
Don't need to be a savant to understand stuff like that. In China it is perfectly normal for 6 year olds to already know all the common operators (+/-*) and do algebra with one unknown.
>>
File: 1439102897442.jpg (9 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
1439102897442.jpg
9 KB, 303x276
>>52888196
Bahahaha, people complained in HIGH SCHOOL for learning some pseudocode and saying it was useless and difficult and you think 14 year olds will learn C++?
>>
>>52888874
>>52888837
>>52888631
>>52888616
>>52888554
>>52888461
>>52888241

I'm old, but when I was a kid I changed local schools once and moved once.

Every time it was shocking how different the classes were. I went from the shitty school to the wealthy school and found out that they were like two months behind where I was at the shitty school.

Later, it was amazing how many holes there were in my education. Not once was I ever shown how to do algebra across an inequality. I had all these completely random holes in my knowledge due to the variety of teachers, each emphasizing whatever they wanted, half of them barely understanding what they're teaching, etc.

Books are a joke. Why aren't we using public, "open-source" books that are continuously improved? Instead, the teacher switches every year or two, whenever the book publisher can convince the board to update, and no real progress is ever made.

The majority of teachers I had were stupid. Half of them were psychologically damaged and either took out their frustrations by being authoritarian to the kids, or they shared wholly inappropriate personal information because they were friendless losers.

Hell, why do we even have so many individual teachers in 2016? Why aren't we primarily watching videos by the best teachers on the planet? Look at Feynman's lectures, for example. He was absolutely brilliant. Meanwhile, I had to sit through college classes taught by a guy who couldn't even be bothered to prep a single lesson plan before showing up each day.

Education is a joke. No Child Left Behind has just exposed how corrupt and useless most educational institutions are.
>>
>>52897702

14 year olds do it all the time
>>
>>52896591
Is ther any legit IQ tes ton the internet that would give me pretyt good estimate like +/- 10 at worst?
>>
>>52896237

No one gives a shit. You don't see kids bullying the kid in the wheelchair
>>
>>52898570
Seems like you've never been to any real/avg school...
>>
>>52897756
I think I'll get this tattoed somewhere. Thanks, old anon
>>
>>52898580

Honors kids just formed cliques with each other and called remedial kids niggers behind their backs. Why would they risk getting shot by messing with trash?
>>
>>52898153
lmaoing at your delusions
>>
>>52893377
>details of the Civil War

Lincoln kicked Douglas in the nuts and then shot Grant in the chest.

>implying grade school history isn't all glorified fairy tails
>>
>>52898668
You've never heard of teenagers learning programming before?
>>
>>52898861
Yeah, about two in every hundred thousand teenagers, great
>>
>>52898465
queendom DOT com

its free and its supposed to be based on the mensa test- IF you want to know how you did by category and not just your iq number then you have to pay, but its really not necessary
>>
>>52900312
Woa, queendom, sounds (and looks) sketchy, by i'll give it a try. Thanks biased anon.
>>
>>52888196
This is so dumb.
What's the point in learning any of that math if they're not going to be using it for 4 years? There's no way in hell they're going to retain that information and it'll essentially all be for nothing.
>>
>>52888196
Only the low skill shitheads who just memorize what the book says will be replaced. If you have skill, you won't be replaced
>>
>>52897756
>Why aren't we primarily watching videos by the best teachers on the planet?
Few years ago I've heard some schools were experimenting with using online lectures for some classes. The idea was that instead of being introduced to the material in class and then doing homework after school on your own, kids were supposed to watch the lectures on their own pace at home (instead of homework) to familiarize themselves with the material, and then they were supposed to come to class to ask questions about the material and do what they normally did as a homework.
It was an interesting idea but I don't know how it turned out. Education is not a simple matter and simple "logical" solutions often lead to disasters.
>>
>>52900646
>What's the point in learning any of that math if they're not going to be using it for 4 years?
what
>>
>>52900312
It said i got 137, is it good?
>inb4 bait
I know it's on the far right side of the distribution, i'm just curious what's the average score of othr computr/science ppl.
>>
>This entire thread
I am glad that none of you will ever hold a significant position in the world and most of you won't even breed.
>>
>>52900769
Flipped classroom is what you're referring too. And I've used it it went well in the beginning but then our teacher started giving us videos that where way too long.
So instead of us having 5, 10 or 15 minutes of work to do before each lesson it was 30-45 minutes. And it went to shit because no one did it.

This was first year of Swedish gymasium which is year 10 I think in the US school system.
>>
>>52897756
>Why aren't we primarily watching videos by the best teachers on the planet?
I think it's because of the lack of feedback. By the same logic, they could be just reading books and they would probably achieve even better results, as watching prerecorded lectures is basically like reading, just more time consuming.
That's a dilemma known from the ancient times. Socrates thought that reading books made you somewhat dumb. He considered knowledge acquired from books inferior compared to the knowledge passed on by your mentor. You can't become a doctor or an engineer just by reading books.
With books there is no feedback mechanism. Without a mentor which has an understanding of a certain topic to bounce questions back and forth, you can never be sure if you really understood what you've read. This is why we supplement books with teachers in schools.
>>
>>52901111
>it it went well in the beginning but then our teacher started giving us videos that where way too long.
Yeah, I figured it would be like that. With normal classes when kids become lazy (and don't bullshit me they won't) they have to at least sit through the lectures, so they will always learn something.
>>
>>52901281
It'd work better if it was an in school thing like a computers class where everyone sits in a circular room doing their own shit with a teacher walking around the class monitoring the students to make sure they're actually working. Interactivity is a big thing on most learning websites these days like khanacademy and coursera so I don't think they'd lose out on that regard.

There'll always be lazy kids but the education system now kinda seems to be teach to the lowest common denominator and the smarter kids will get bored and do extra work on their own but in reality it ends up with most people being lazy and one or two bright kids shining through.
>>
>>52900954
You forget stuff without using it, especially math related stuff. By the image in the OP they won't be using any of it for 4 years going into university pretty much a blank slate again.
>>
>>52900769
Uni fag here.
YouTube lessons on math helped immensely. It wasn't only that it helped that i watched them and did the shit on my own pace,
it was also that the feeling of doing it on my own interest rather than doing it as an obligation made it quicker for me to immerse in the subject and learn shit faster than i did at school and with homework.
The dividing line was that i felt like i was doing it on my own choice, rather than as a forced chore.

That's all i can say as far as the psychological factor goes.
As far as learning quality goes, there's much more to improve. If the learning videos also had some listings of good book in relation to the lesson in the vid,
and a good description of how that lesson applies in life so i know why i'm learning it beyond (you need it for a further subject along the line), it'd be marvelous.
>>
File: 1453907081372.jpg (7 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1453907081372.jpg
7 KB, 250x222
>>52889369
>tfw I would probably fail all of the geography, civil government and history ones
>>
File: dog.jpg (24 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
24 KB, 312x312
>>52898882
I've been programming since I was 11, it's really not that rare
>>
>>52888196
You seem to forget that IQ is real, as are personal inclinations towards different kinds of work. Only junior-level developers of no ability to speak of should be bothered. Then again, they'll probably be automated away like lots of business programmers were by spreadsheets.
>>
>>52902015
>What's the point in learning any of that math if they're not going to be using it

The science courses are going to use much of it. You're going to use precalc in chemistry, a lot of calculus in mechanics, a FUCKING lot of vector calc in E&M, probability in stat mech and QM, logic in computability theory, etc.
>>
>>52897756
>Why aren't we primarily watching videos by the best teachers on the planet

Because there isn't a best teacher or best book on any subject nor is any one group of students the same as another.

>>52901475
>where everyone sits in a circular room doing their own shit with a teacher walking around the class monitoring the students to make sure they're actually working

They need access to good resources or it will turn out horribly. My Algebra II was like that over a decade ago and it was a horrible experience (this was before the days of internet learning sites). The textbook was written by some author who didn't even understand the material and the "teacher" never learned Algebra II when they were in school and offered no help at all. In the end, we barely managed to learn anything beyond the quadratic equation after a year trying...
>>
>>52897756

This is my experience even staying in one school district.
>>
>>52898882
>2 / 100,000
>not 1/50,000

I see you like doing things the hard way. And yes throughout the population of the world perhaps that ratio is correct. I wouldn't know since I'm not interested in that kind of bullshit.
>>
>>52903786
>You seem to forget that IQ is real

No. People today are 30 IQ points higher than people 100 years ago. There's no reason to believe that people are incapable of learning that if they are exposed to logical reasoning at a younger age and practice at it.
>>
>>52905369
>People today are 30 IQ points higher than people 100 years ago
Have you thought about why, my (I assume) progressive friend? Hint-hint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect#Schooling_and_test_familiarity
>>52905369
>There's no reason to believe that people are incapable of learning that if they are exposed to logical reasoning at a younger age and practice at it.
Sure, but at IQ 100 they will have to work very hard to become good programmers. Most won't because conscientiousness, like IQ, is normally distributed. What we will get in the end is at best a lot of cheap eternal juniors who speak good English. (A win/win but probably not what those "everyone should learn code!!1" people want.)
>>
>>52888196
>that entire post
Fedora tipping to the max.
>>
/g/ open source education plan when?
>>
>>52906174
>Fedora tipping

???
>>
>>52888196

Group theory in 5th grade. Sounds like another try at New Math. The only thing a curriculum like that is good at is producing retards who can't do division.

New math is big on teaching concepts and patterns, etc. That's all well in good if you're in college, but children need to learn basic algorithms first. Every time new math has been tried (under a new name each time) it's a dismal fucking failure. I don't think tech people have anything to worry about.
>>
>>52905729
>they will have to work very hard to become good programmers

Who says everyone has to be a professional programming? Learning to drive is useful even if you don't become a stunt driver or racer. Same with basic programming.
>>
>>52888196

That needs more history(actual history, from contemporary sources which tend to be less distorted).
AND more economy, investing, and how to grow rich through compounding.
Also, weightlifting or hard calisthenics so the kids learn to have actual discipline and focus on reaching defined goals through consistency and not flukes.

Seriously, they teach everything in school, except what really matters.
You know what?
Fuck it, I'll make a school like that when I retire.
>>
>>52889487
>It's not that they're lazy fucks, it's just most kids aren't that bright.
No, most people don't learn calculus or other advanced mathematics because they have no reason to. They're too busy with real life and the real world.
>>
>>52888196
>parents say 'the fuck is this?' to the program
>teacher gets figuratively raped by the anger of helicopter parents
stay at home Moms with nothing better to do than yell vs teacher who is underpaid overworked

hmmm
>>
>>52907093
>Group theory in 5th grade.

Basic groups of symmetry would be more than doable for young children. It makes the rules of arithmetic and algebra far more intuitive to understand.

>Sounds like another try at New Math

New math was a good idea poorly implemented and taught by teachers who were completely unfamiliar with the material (sets and modern algebra were only just being added to undergrad math curricula).

>The only thing a curriculum like that is good at is producing retards who can't do division
>but children need to learn basic algorithms first

That's exactly what they said about learning subtraction by understanding borrowing versing rote memorizing of a table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

The algorithms are worthless; what's important is understanding what's going on so you could work out the algorithm even if you completely forgot it. This also applies to the horde of idiot CS majors who just memorize pseudo-code and time complexities too. If you think rote works well then just look at how poorly people today handle division/percents and are completely helpless without a calculator. Even engineers struggle with long division.

>Every time new math has been tried (under a new name each time) it's a dismal fucking failure

New math has only been tried once. All other educational reforms were about removing math since it's deemed "worthless" (see: Kilpatrick's progressive reform that declared learning math harmful to thinking and to be restricted, the Activity Movement, the Life Adjustment Movement, Summerhill and the Open Education Movement, Common Core). Read up on some education history before pulling shit out of your ass.

http://www.csun.edu/~vcmth00m/AHistory.html
>>
File: 1439874468049.jpg (337 KB, 1284x733) Image search: [Google]
1439874468049.jpg
337 KB, 1284x733
>>52908089
>from contemporary sources which tend to be less distorted

Postmodern history is the most distorted history
>>
>>52908583
Thats why I wrote contemporary, is pic for real senpai?
>>
>>52908140
>>teacher gets figuratively raped by the anger of helicopter parents
>stay at home Moms with nothing better to do than yell

Just tell the parents that knowledge isn't immutable and has advance since they've left school. This is why their college deans harped on lifelong learning during their graduate speeches oh so many years ago. They only have themselves to blame to falling behind the changing world. Their best course of action is to get a textbook and try to stay a few chapters ahead of the kids and set a good example for them to keep learning as adults.
>>
>>52908096
>No, most people don't learn calculus or other advanced mathematics because they have no reason to. They're too busy with real life and the real world.

And to understand the real modern world you need to know something about technology, to understand technology you need to know science, and to understand science you need calculus and advanced mathematics. A society who's knowledge of technology is indistinguishable from "its all magic" can not function properly and is eventually doomed.
>>
File: 1450677044194.jpg (229 KB, 825x1050) Image search: [Google]
1450677044194.jpg
229 KB, 825x1050
>>52908842
Welcome to 2015
>>
>>52888196

Don't you think that's too slow? People learn those subjects far faster in college.
>>
>>52888196
/sci/ go home you are drunk
>>
>>52909330
>And to understand the real modern world you need to know something about technology
Except you really don't, since successful technology is designed for less-technologically inclined consumers that do not have the time necessary to learn advanced mathematics.

Feel superior to the masses all you want, at the end of the day they are busy living their lives and actually doing shit while you're sitting in a room dismissing people that don't know calculus.
>>
>>52889338
Don't reply to tripfags
>>
>>52910597

You don't need to understand technology in order to use it but if you want hire people to do something then you need to have some understanding of what is and isn't possible.
>>
>>52888196
children are only going to become less intelligent
>>
>>52894039

You must be new here
>>
>>52909330
And that's where the 300k starting mathfags come in
newsflash not everyone majors in stem, other parts of society exist too
>>
>>52888196
more importantly than the whole "kids are fucking bumbling retards" and "the education system is too bad to make this happen", how are you ever going to answer the whole "when am i ever gonna use this" question
>>
File: forgot_algebra.png (22 KB, 222x395) Image search: [Google]
forgot_algebra.png
22 KB, 222x395
>>52914475
>"when am i ever gonna use this" question

Do you want to be an animal that just eats, sleeps, rapes, and trashes shit or a thinking human being?
>>
File: 1383275033593.jpg (34 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
1383275033593.jpg
34 KB, 600x753
>>52913154
>children are only going to become less intelligent

You could have stopped this, you could have done something.
>>
>>52914475
>"when am i ever gonna use this"
Whenever you open your goddamn mouth, that's when.
>>
File: 1454564486261.png (41 KB, 608x878) Image search: [Google]
1454564486261.png
41 KB, 608x878
>tfw i tried to become the class clown like on all the SatAM highschool comedies and got sent to a shrink and drugged instead.

thanks american school system i really wanted a chemical dependency to gender dysphoria-inducing untested ADD meds at 5 years old. Fucking lucky the Risperdal didn't give me tits or I really would have killed myself ages ago.
>>
File: 1211491830520.png (105 KB, 604x925) Image search: [Google]
1211491830520.png
105 KB, 604x925
>>52914982

Well look on the bright side, at least you weren't "diagnosed" with ""autism"" and trapped in slow """special""" schools like the kids are today.
>>
>>52914982
you're a faggot and nobody thought it was funny. get your shit together and SNAP out of it.
>>
>>52894926
>completely unemployable
>>
>>52914146
And they're all either unemployed or working at Starbucks / the local holistic wellness center
>>
>>52915240
>t. java programer
>>
>>52915194
The difference is I don't get autsimbux for being a prepubescent guinea pig for a pharmaceutical manufacturer.

>>52915227
Dude this was in like 1995-6, but those drugs fucked my brain permanently. There's no snapping out of it, I just gotta deal with the mental blackouts and try not to fuck social interactions entirely.
>>
>>52915331
Don't java developers have the highest representation in job opportunities?
>>
>>52915360

Sooner or later HR is going to realize that writing thousands of lines of boilerplate isn't productivity and their ranks will be massacred.
>>
>>52915384
>Has no idea what enterprise systems are and thinks Ruby can be used for banking systems
>>
>>52915398
Who was talking about Ruby?
>>
>>52915355
>Dude this was in like 1995-6, but those drugs fucked my brain permanently. There's no snapping out of it, I just gotta deal with the mental blackouts and try not to fuck social interactions entirely.

So ADD meds gave you ADD?

...That's the perfect crime/scam
>>
File: image_0.png (121 KB, 694x801) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
121 KB, 694x801
>>52915442
Ruby, python. Same shit. They're nifty languages for rapidly deployable light usage systems. There's tons of antiquated java projects that should've just been written in an interpreted language with proper templating.

However, there is a niche that java has in the restful, soa, esb world of enterprise systems. Java does extremely well there and the boilerplate is often minimal in those arenas.
>>
>>52915478
why are there random floats?
>>
>>52893261
Because the method of delivering information and the method of teaching is fucking bullshit. Kids don't learn shit, they memorize which is why Chinese students are dumb fucks because they do the same thing. Tests are easy to write, easy to print and grade, and if you're one teacher teaching 6 classes of 30 it's your only fucking choice.

My physics teacher for my sophomore year has it down. Labs. Mother fucking labs. You either knew the material or came to understand it over those 2 out 3 days, you did the math, tested it and wrote a report on why it did our didn't work. Tests were few and at the end of units, in the same sort of format of processing info and using knowledge to solve the question, in a way that necessitated actual thinking.

I went in knowing jack shit about math and wholely hating it. Came out with a C+ because I didn't know any of the calculus being used and had shitty study habits, It also helped my teacher loved his job and worked at NASA before teaching.

And now I'm going into engineering because now I understand that the issue want I was a dumb nigger, the teaching method is and fucking calculus is easy shit when you use it in the fucking real world and are not tested on memorizing formulas, rather are you smart enough to know where and when to apply them.
>>
>>52914146
>newsflash not everyone majors in stem, other parts of society exist too

Not everyone majors in history, art, or music but they should still know a thing or two about them
>>
>>52900312
This seems pretty awful, I hope real IQ aren't anything like this.

>Which one of the following five is least like the other four?
>Milkshake - Juice - Gin - Whiskey - Milk

>The bird belongs to the Crissy.

I got 137.
>>
college student who has taught programming to highschoolers here

The most any kid is gonna know without some serious outside study is the basics of OOP and some language specific proficiency by the time they finish the year. Stuff like algorithms, specifically the ones that are actually useful and not just all the different sorting algos, always go way over their heads. If a kid wants to do anything like, game programming for example, they need to understand basic physics at the very least, if not some actual calculus. Teaching kids some ways to automate tasks through scripts and stuff benefits everybody, and honestly if you are worried about job security, you must not be a very good programmer.

worrying about CSforAll saturating the job market is as foolish as a carpenter worrying about his job stability because shop class became mandatory.
>>
The children of the future will all have ADHD and be pregnant at 10. Also, not white. I'm not worried.
>>
>>52915789
I genuinely don't understand the drink question. what's the answer?
>>
>>52915842
No idea, I said milkshake. I don't think they tell you what the correct answer is when you're done either.
>>
>>52915789
Milkshake? It's the only heterogeneous mixture and is implicitly other than milk, which is a choice.
>>
>>52915842
>>52915879
>>52916028
I think milk is the correct answer.
the others are all inherently processed drinks converted from other ingredients, but milk is at least in principle a natural substance consumable in its raw form.
milkshake is a good guess but milk is actually a colloid/emulsion as well.
>>
>>52903073
>look at me im such a special prodigy
it is rare and you're delusional
>>
>>52917589
The same you could tell about Juice:
Milk - squized out from cow (or other milk giving animal)
Juice - squized from fruits
Both of them don't exist alone in the wilderness.
>>
>>52917753
> milk doesn't exist by itself in nature

the goal is to stay on the right side of the bell curve, anon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.