[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this pro-Trump article bullshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
>Here’s Why Trump Is Right About ‘Shutting Down’ Parts Of The Internet

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/15/heres-why-trump-is-right-about-shutting-down-parts-of-the-internet/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWdjsfsS_Do

I smell bullshit, obviously internet censorship is very serious so I'd like to be informed.
>>
>>51905915
Yes.
>>
>>51905915
No, it's spot on.
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes it's bullshit.

1. It's on Breitbart who lie daily
2. It's written by Weev a.ka. Neo Nazi troll
3. It's devoid of facts.
>>
No.
>>
It's not bullshit, but I'm sure the libcuck will have no problem saying otherwise without any facts to back up their sizzling hot opinions.
>>
>>51905915
See the "can't stump the trump" videos on Youtube (with all kinds of bizarre 4chan/Internet jokes, like characters smoking marijuana, insulting people freely etc.), which have been retweeted by Trump in person. He doesn't care about whatever you say online. He's a free trade guy, in his own words, and he wants you to even have guns to protect yourself.

In short, he will in no way "censor" the Internet. He will just hire the best American network engineers to figure out ways to combat terrorist proselytizing online.
>>
No it's not right

Stop shilling
>>
>>51905986
So which is it?
>>
>>51905994

I'm a Rand Paul man myself, Trump supporters send me this link. I know Breithbart is probably bullshit but I'm a Poli-Sci major and I dun kno nuttin' 'bout da interweb.
>>
he has a point. who the fuck said fb, for example, must be a global service? i understand it is in its interest to predate every market they can, but as a US company its jurisdiction is US soil, unless they incorporate locally

if they wanted, they could just ban/block radical islam countries like syria, saudi arabia, france, sweden, etc and it will stop most recruitment

if they dont want to abandon those markets, they could rebrand themselves as a local social network and call it a day
>>
>Here’s Why

>2015, 9th day of Christmas
>Reading any article with a headline beginning with "Here's why" or "Why"
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 277x277
>>51905925
>>51905951
>>51905963
Who would be against this?

I just can't imagine somebody opposing this. These are people that wanna kill us, folks. And you're objecting to us infiltrating their conversations?

I don't think so. I don't think so.
>>
File: 1364391988874.jpg (167 KB, 1018x762) Image search: [Google]
1364391988874.jpg
167 KB, 1018x762
>>51905915
Yeah it's bullshit but post an archive faggot. That's as clickbait and article as it gets; and its about the clickbait candidate.

They already do that. Most western countries including America can't access Al Qaeda et al.'s websites, bomb making wikis, and so on. There's already great firewalls but they're much harder to run into than China's.

It's insane to give the government authority and precedent to silence oppositional voices or things it sees as 'threats to public safety'. What might happen later on? Will they use it to silence /k/ and /pol/ if a Shillary type takes office? /g/ for using that terrorist operating system? He's using the whole think of the children bullshit. If you think you're worried about the NSA watching what you're doing now, it'll be a thousand times worse if Trump had his way. Even one catchy nasheed post might get you b& from the internet.
>>
>>51906169
I completely agree, i think it's weird people on 4chan are supporting him on this, I know he's a meme but since when did we take meme's political opinions seriously?
>>
>>51906281
SJWs and Mark Zuckerberg loathe Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
>>
File: 1380487216991.gif (1004 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1380487216991.gif
1004 KB, 360x360
>>51905915
>>Here’s Why Trump Is Right About ‘Shutting Down’ Parts Of The Internet

Well as the Patriot Act, and the NSA both have proven, there's absolutely no way this could be used to fuck over anyone but the people we hate, and not ourselves. Nope, you can trust politicians, judges, IRS agents, the media, spooks, pigs, etc. to do the right thing, and always look out for your best interests.
>>
File: 1408744025370.jpg (102 KB, 319x433) Image search: [Google]
1408744025370.jpg
102 KB, 319x433
>>51906281
They want to watch the world burn. Trump is most likely to cause the Happening.
>>
File: kikebart.png (425 KB, 1369x1928) Image search: [Google]
kikebart.png
425 KB, 1369x1928
>>51905915
>kikebart
>>
>>51906165
we have no real way of knowing who is and isn't a terrorist. the only practical way of guaranteeing that we can monitor all terrorists is by monitoring pretty much everyone, which is a widescale violation of the constitution.
>>
Not even vaguely feasible. The author is clearly retarded. Does he think terrorists don't know how to use Tor? Has he never heard of a VPN? Does he really think ISIS couldn't have their buddies overseas run the website for them?

Go ahead and block all traffic to Syria. Now the ordinary citizens of Syria have no way of talking to people while ISIS and friends operate unimpeded. You have made it so ONLY terrorists can communicate. Good job.

>Now, all the internet service providers that together comprise the core of the internet are American.
Not really true. And even if it were, people would stop using them REALLY quickly if they started hijacking traffic. Indiscriminately redirecting all traffic to the NSA would be a great way to have no one ever trust American ISPs again.

Blocking it inside the country is one thing, but spying on foreign citizens would get people furious.
>>
Why wouldn't they just find one lax country with lots of vpns?
>>
File: 1447382098000.gif (885 KB, 459x410) Image search: [Google]
1447382098000.gif
885 KB, 459x410
>Is this neoconservative blog whose poster child is a self-hating fag and gaymergater legit?

Gee, I wonder
>>
>>51905963
isn't it written by that gay guy
>>
>>51906509
>neoconservative

Breitbart is pretty far right of neoconservative my friend :^)
>>
File: 1450228881878.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1450228881878.gif
3 MB, 360x203
>doubting Milo
>>
>>51906533
>mfw 8gaggers think they're not liberal as long as they're racist
>>
File: bebe.jpg (71 KB, 750x414) Image search: [Google]
bebe.jpg
71 KB, 750x414
>>51905915
>he goes to right-wing gawker
>>
>>51905915
>all but the most tech savvy jihadis would be gone

Using a proxy isn't really hard, that's why that shit won't work.
>>
>>51906424
>Blocking it inside the country is one thing, but spying on foreign citizens would get people furious.
Yup. Merkel and some other European leaders are already pissed about the NSA spy programs. Just imagine how they'd react if the US implemented something like this.
>>
>>51906626
I don't doubt that some jihadis couldn't figure it out. After all, we've already had some morons give away their position through Twitter.

But they wouldn't have retards running their website. They would have competent people handle their PR, so anything official would operate unimpeded.
>>
>>51906129
>etc and it will stop most recruitment
how optimistic of you
>>
File: le funny meme man.jpg (49 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
le funny meme man.jpg
49 KB, 780x780
>>
>>51906324
The enemy of your enemy will kill you just as dead if he's still your enemy.
>>
>>51906632
Who gives a shit how they would react. If they want rights in the U.S.A they should become a U.S.A citizen. What's Merkel going to do, turn Germany into a terrorist shithole...refugees welcome!
>>
>>51906733
plz cuck me donny dorko
>>
>>51906632
>>51906758
They'd probably make noise and fall silent on the condition that they get in on this censorship pie too.
>>
I dont necessarily have a problem with easily accessed information being used on a case by case basis to catch "bad guys", but I think censorship is counterproductive in the long run.
>>
>>51906733
Dubs confirm.

pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51906733
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51905915

America is in it's final years before it collapses.

All these mass shootings make people want to ban guns... yet in doing so makes people buy even more guns. No matter what side you partake in this nation is spiraling downwards. All empires must come to an end.
>>
>>51905986
Is this a troll
He retweeted the can't stump the trump tweet
>>
>increase mass surveillance to the point where every american is employed to spy on themselves
>let the illegals do the real jobs
>economy skyrockets, unemployment at literally 0 people
Find a flaw.
>>
>>51906129
People from isis infested countries like France, Britain and Canada can just use tor to get past the censorship firewall
>>
File: Up_dog.jpg (12 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
Up_dog.jpg
12 KB, 380x405
>>51905915
>Trump
>Right
>>
>>51906733
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51905963
Fuck off it was written by based Milo
>>
>>51905915
Breitbart is Kike neocon central, but Trump was not actually wrong, though it was probably just a complete accident.

> BUILD WALL and REMOVE TACO to keep us physically safe from dirty brown people
> DE-PEER and DPI FIREWALL to keep out dirty 'strayan shitposters
>>
>>51905915Even if it does work (most probably I have no doubt Milo contacted Weev before writing that) doesn't mean you should. It sets a precidence that these things are OK and whilst in theory it is a fine way to stop ISIS which we almost unanimously agree is bad what is the government starts shutting down things that aren't so bad.Also this wont stop them from using the internet it will just force them to move onto TOR or something which is even harder to track.

I agree with Milo on a lot of stuff but his anti net neutrality and views about cesnoring the 'bad' guys go against my views on free speech.
>>
Then what can we do about ISIS?
>>
>>51905915

If you accept that Trump's clarification on the statement he made is genuine, then the next question is, where to draw the line and say too much of the traffic from a country is used for directly supporting criminal activity, such that the country should be disconnected from communicating with the outside world over the internet.

Surely, even for folks that are interested in preserving civil liberties to a maximum for all humans, there's a point at which a country becomes too much of a risk; unless you make such an extreme estimation that potentially censoring even a single comment constituting free speech sets an unacceptable precedent no matter what the consequences are as a result of all the rest of the communications from a given country.
>>
Not a single CISA thread...
So, CISA thread

https://cryptome.org/2015/12/s754-cisa.htm

Let's find all of your everyday things that now make you a criminal!

>> (A) malicious reconnaissance, including anomalous patterns of communications that appear to be transmitted for the purpose of gathering technical information related to a cybersecurity threat or security vulnerability;

Port scanning now a criminal offense

Post more!
>>
>>51906169

Not to mention that splitting the ripple effect that would have through out the world, it literally would split the internet into who knows how many.
>>
Looks like we're being raided by reddit with all these anti-Trump shitposters.
>>
>baitbart

the fact is that
a) if you block off IP ranges all you do is create an opportunity to make cash routing around that bullshit
b) they can route data on the phone lines like telecomix did or just get some israeli vpns
c) america controls this infrastructure because historically they've been "trustworthy enough". if they use internet access as a weapon of war then they demonstrate a specific threat to their rivals and motivate an alternative.
d) he presumes that ISIS runs its social media from syria.
>>
I think you will find after all the back tracking and clarification he has done on what he originally said, is that what he want's done is basically what is already being done.
>>
>>51905915
>internet censorship is very serious so I'd like to be informed.
aww cute
>>
Why are people so upset about this? He clearly doesn't know how to word what he wants, which is taking down ISIS accounts on twitter and removing any ISIS sites. Yes they can always use something like Tor, no your freedoms aren't being violated anymore than they've been violated by the RIAA and MPAA doing the same shit with torrent sites.
People are just looking for a reason to hate Trump because they actually believe the mainstream media who paints him as a Mexican hating racist who hates women and wants to kill all muslims before becoming king. Even watching one of his speeches would show that narrative is bullshit.
>>
>>51909979
>b) they can route data on the phone lines
What phone lines? Do you think obvious communication lines are going to be left open if the US formally goes to war with ISIS, especially under Trump? Cutting off your enemy's communication is one of the most basic tactics there is.
>>
The internet was literally designed to be incredibly difficult to stop.
>>
>>51905915
ANOTHER political thread on /g/ today.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>51910049

And yet you can cut a few cables in developing nations and suddenly you have a major blackout
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_submarine_cable_disruption
Only a fool would think it's immoral or wrong to limit ISIS's ability to both communicate and spread propaganda. The point is to make it harder to get their propaganda in the first place. Which do you think is harder for the edgy teens who might get recruited? Going to some obscure onion address through Tor of going on Twitter to an ISIS run account?
>>
>>51910059
>YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING POLITICAL ON /g/ EVEN IF IT'S SHIT LIKE TOR OR TRUMP ATTACKING THE INTERNET WAAAAAAAAAH
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>51906758
>they should become a U.S.A citizen.
>Liberal homosexual commie detected

I know you liberal nazis think that immigration is the next best thing to sodomy, and persecuting Christians (including gun control), but I'll have you know that Jesus isn't going to stand for much more of your evil. If you start trying to import a bunch of German, French, Italian, or even more Spaniards (European Spaniards are six times as likely to be sodomites, Democrats and Catholics than the "normal" Mexican variety; 666 = Mark of the Beast!) into the US to help you destroy it, and raise taxes, Jesus isn't going to like it one bit, this I assure you, faggot. You saw how far Hitler got when he tried pulling similar leftist/evil bullshit. You commie fucks just never seem to learn though.
>>
Trump will save America.

It's more fun to annoy Americans who don't want him as president than to admit I stand with them.
>>
>>51908407
We had that in eastern Germany until 1989 did not work well
>>
>>51906165
this post made me laugh

trump 2016
>>
Make America great again.
>>
>>51906075
it's the "you can keep being the disgusting pedophile leftist fuck you are, meanwhile measures will be taken to limit mudslime terrorists from recruiting"
>>
>>51905986
>In short, he will in no way "censor" the Internet.
>He will just hire the best American network engineers to figure out ways to combat terrorist proselytizing online.

>He will just censor certain people with certain beliefs.
>>
>Is this pro-Trump article bullshit?

Here is a tip.

1: Briebart.

2: MIlo

If either one of these is true, it's bullshit.
>>
>>51909992
>>51910041
This.

4channerians are silly.
>>
>>51905986
Kek, trump is for making himself more money.
Everything else is collateral damage.
>>
>>51911120
>He will just censor certain people who want to wage a global war in the name of jihad

Oh no, our freedom of speech is being infringed upon. Oh wait, white people aren't muslim. Guess I have nothing to fear.
>>
Isis social media does not have to be in Syria or Iraq, they have accounts in western countries and they can establish alternatives.
>>
>>51909992
this

NSA and/or Mossad already keep intelligence on terrorists. "infiltrating their internet"
>>
>>51906424
>The author is clearly retarded.

Milo is literally the head of Briebart tech and doesn't know what Linux is, Doesn't know who Stallman is, Doesn't know who Linus is, Couldn't name the brand of his phone, couldn't name 3 video games.

He literally exists to use "tech" to push right wing culture war bullshit because Gamergate is Briebarts main audience now.
>>
trump is the literal meme king

he's the bat gotham needs
>>
>>51911182
>He literally exists to use "tech" to push right wing culture war bullshit
Thank god. We need someone to counterbalance the leftist who have been doing that for years now.
>>
>>51906424
>no, you are clueless. you can't VPN if you don't have any IP transit.
https://twitter.com/rabite/status/676993971684511744
>>
>>51905915
Bait outside 4chan, how nice.
>>
File: 244pmih.jpg (27 KB, 593x399) Image search: [Google]
244pmih.jpg
27 KB, 593x399
It's like you guys have forgotten what you are. When did 4chan go from libertarian to authoritarian?

Protip: there are forces at work that see angry young loners like yourself as the ultimate enemy.
>>
>>51912205
>that image

I'm starting to think jpeg losing quality meme is actaully not a meme at all.
>>
>>51905915
I dunno man, every time I trusted the government not to fuck me over, they did. What makes trump any different?
>>
>>51912205
4chan started being more right wing when leftists started to invade 4chan, video games, etc.
>>
>>51906324
I kinda agree with you somewhat. If given the chance, I would for the lesser of the two evils. If given the chance, would you like the internet controlled a bit or would you want full censorship and the internet is made one big "safe space".
>>
Anyone who hates trump needs to get their kike ass back to reddit. Trump is the man who is going to save america and the white race from extermination.
>>
>>51913076
More like everyone rational started being more right wing when leftists started doing that.

And some even resent it. I would say nowadays left/right really does not matter, because you will get 2 people with complete, polar opposite ideas in just one side of the spectrum, and both will consider they're on different sides because of that.

>>51913097
That's something many people won't understand unfortunately. Trump is a crazy bastard, but he can ensure we won't get more people in jail for doing things like disagreeing with someone or being in a specific posture. Or putting out there a picture of a girl on a bikini that's not morbidly obese.

My country went through a dictatorship similar to that. Talk about a specific person in a different way and prepare your butthole.
>>
>>51911142
>If either one of these is true, it's bullshit.
How about reading it from an objective stand point, you massive fucking dolt?
>>
File: yellow_lab_rat.png (42 KB, 218x201) Image search: [Google]
yellow_lab_rat.png
42 KB, 218x201
Two years ago, I thought /pol/ was a terrible board full of nothing but shitposting. Today, they feel like the most sane voices on this entire site, despite being a terrible board full of shitposting.

Can't we just turn back the clock to a time when politics didn't shit up every interest I have? It's so depressing.
>>
>>51913217
Trump is going to save the internet you whiny kike.
>>
>>51913217
If politics are shitting up whichever interest you have so much, there's an actual point in trying to get into them rather than ignore them.

It's the fact that you try to get away from it that's making it worse for you and for many people. You won't stand up and fight. So whatever hobby you have, related to technology or not, it's going to turn into shit and you're going to have to adapt to it forcefully and without asking a single question.
>>
>>51913217
>dumb enough to fall for /pol/tard memes
>>
>>51913199
>objective stand point
oxymoron detected
>>
>>51913466
>implying trump is a meme
>implying trump isn't going to save america and whites
>implying trump won't send unpatriotic kikes like you to the gas chambers
>>
>>51905915
All they could do would be to knock entire Autonomous Systems off the Internet, which would come with massive collateral damage. You wouldn't only hit ISIS, but also everyone else on the same network. Including "moderate rebels", hospitals and literally everything else.
Besides, chances are ISIS would get around it within a week.
Also you can't force every border router to accept your announcment.
You can bet that some middle eastern networks would simply roll back the change in protest and thus create massive chaos.
>>
>>51913666
who gives a shit if a bunch of sand niggers die
>>
File: che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg (40 KB, 350x465) Image search: [Google]
che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg
40 KB, 350x465
>being right-wing in /g/
>not being part of Stallmanism

Right-wingers go back to /pol/ with your non-free software.
>>
>>51913732
Only someone who has something to hide uses free software.
>>
>>51913732
I'm more of a libertarian/BSD guy.
>>
>>51913732
While I agree with you that freetards are in general more leftist than macfags and wincucks, let's check this with a poll:
>Your main OS and opinion on Trump "Shutting down" parts of the Internet.
https://strawpoll.me/6291924
>>
>>51913732
If you support intellectual property then you are not right-wing.
>>
>>51906733
pls cuck me donny

Everybody else spam it. It rustles /pol/'s jimmies and makes the cancer go away.
>>
>>51914067
What are you talking about? Right-wing is all about protecting all types of property ownership.
Or did you mean the one doesn't necessarily imply the other?
>>
>>51914067
Only a leftist commie would use free software. A patriotic republican installs proprietary software.
>>
>>51914035
That's a charged question because Trump never said he wanted to shut down the Internet, he (clumsily) said he wants to try to keep ISIS offline though.
>>
>>51914287
He also (clumsily) said free speech is overrated.

And before you start damage control, yes, he was talking about the US because the subject was preventing homegrown terror.
>>
>>51914324
He said people use free speech as an excuse, which they do. ISIS is our enemy. Trying to protect their unalienable rights while going to war with them is completely silly. Even Rand Paul wouldn't say something like that. The kinds of "censorship" Trump wants in place have already been used by the MPAA and RIAA, so what harm is going to be to use those bad laws to help fight ISIS? It's not like he's calling on new laws like Bush and Obama have done.
>>
>>51914287
I just copied the title of that pro-Trump article where he said he wanted to shut down parts of the Internet. I didn't interpret it in any way.
We all know what it's about, the poll is for this thread.
>>
>>51914379
The issue is that lots of people on /g/ who don't follow politics think Trump wants to literally shut down the Internet. If you've payed attention to what Trump has been saying you'll clearly see how biased the media is. It's almost as bad as Ron Paul in 2012. In some ways it's actually worse.
>>
>>51914368
>supporting the MPAA and RIAA
>on /g/
Nigga, you just fucked up.
>>
>>51914368
Why limit the law to terrorism and piracy? Let's use those laws wherever we can for every purpose. Preventing crime, regulating Internet economy, media control etc.
>>
>>51914368
>>51914407
>it's okay Mr. Goyim, we won't abuse our power
>after all, we've never abused our power before :^)
>>
File: bias2.png (714 KB, 1050x1582) Image search: [Google]
bias2.png
714 KB, 1050x1582
>>51914411
Where did I support the RIAA and MPAA?
Actually don't waste your time, because I clearly didn't. You however are willfully ignoring that there are plenty of bullshit laws already in place which have been used plenty of times to take down other sites. Megaupload is one example, all the domains ICE seized being other examples.
Why is it bad to use those laws to make ISIS's online activities harder to do?

>>51914440
The laws already exist. They can do that if they really wanted to.
Keep in mind Hillary wants to do the same shit. She even said freedom of speech is an excuse in these cases, just like Trump.
>>
>>51914484
The laws aren't ideal, but they already exist, have existed for years and have yet to be used in such awful ways. Despite this you still attack Trump even though every other candidate other than Rand (including Hillary) supports the laws.
>>
>>51914486
>laws lobbied for by the MPAA and RIAA already enable censorship
>therefore we should censor other things too
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you support them. Get off of /g/. Your authoritarian cuck fetish belongs here:
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51914407
I agree not everybody is well informed, but he did say he wanted to shut down "parts" of the Internet...
It's just like voting in ellections - you don't have to be fully informed to have an opinion. That sucks, but that's how it is.

>>51914486
Shouldn't we be trying to fight against those laws instead of further justifying them?
Also fuck that cuck Hillary too. As some people have been saying, Trump might as well be a Hillary shill forcing the undecided voters to choose a seemingly less radical choice.

>>51914035
Seems like macfags are circlejerking in their own threads.
>>
>>51914576
>therefore we should censor other things too
Making it hard for your enemy to spread their propaganda is censorship now? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>51914197
Intellectual property isn't property. It's just some restriction on things to assist people on making money.
>>
>>51914665
>pls gib more power
>just trust us goyim :^)
The ironic part is that you supposedly stand for limited government. Hypocrite.
>>
>>51905915
>the internet is the ownership of the president of the united states
>>
>>51914656
>Shouldn't we be trying to fight against those laws instead of further justifying them?
People haven't been doing a good job of that if the laws are still around and unchallenged.
I wonder how many posters on /g/ even support the EFF. When stuff like this pops up /g/ follows the trend blindly. Usually that's fine because most of the shit is legitimately bad, but this isn't one of those cases.

>Also fuck that cuck Hillary too. As some people have been saying, Trump might as well be a Hillary shill forcing the undecided voters to choose a seemingly less radical choice.
That's bullshit people where saying when he first began to ran. He's by far the hardest person on her right now. Why would Hillary hire Trump to keep bringing up her e-mails when she's in the middle of an FBI investigation pertaining to them?
>>
>>51914665
From wiki:
>Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.
Yes it is, by definition.

>inb4 quoting wiki ever
>>
>>51905915
>breitbart

They are probably serious about Trump, I don't think they are mocking him.
>>
>>51909245
>>51906165
anyone who legitimately supports trump for president is legit mentally retarded and should get help from a physician. possibly euthanized
>>
>>51914656
Sanders also supports internet freedom and has a better chance of getting elected, but of course
>le ebin cuck maymay
will keep you from voting for him because apparently you want a person to control you, not to represent you.
>>
>>51914703
So are you actually going to try to argue or are you going to keep avoiding the points? The laws exist whether you like them or not. Why shouldn't they be used for something good instead of the corporate shilling they were created for? You don't need to support them to support using them.

>>51914728
What about their right to free speech? Religion? Owning guns? How about their right to life? We are violating ALL of those by going to war with them. Like I said three times now; Trying to protect the rights of enemy combatants in the middle of war is silly. Actually I'll go a step further and say it's naive and stupid.
>>
>>51914723
>That's bullshit people where saying when he first began to ran.
I know, but it just looks to me like that's what's happening. Undecided people will choose "lesser" evil based on the image of candidates alone, as always.
>>
>>51914775
You're acting like their censorship laws were written by the founding fathers into the bill of rights or something. Not only are they unconstitutional, but they were slipped into law under the cover of darkness. Your only justification is
>whelp, we have censorship now, I guess we might as well expand it
Holy shit, what a cuck. I bet you got sexual pleasure when mommy took away your phone priviliges too.
>>
>>51911120

It's not censorship to DDOS a person.
>>
>>51914758
I don't support him because he wants stupid shit like raising the minimum wage to $15 and basic income. If he becomes the Dem front runner then I'll look into him more, but for now it'd be a waste of time.

>>51914812
Plenty of people don't buy into Hillary. A common theme with this election on both sides are anti-establishment. Trump and Carson both had surges from it and Bernie completely relies on it.

>>51914844
>You're acting like their censorship laws were written by the founding fathers into the bill of rights or something. Not only are they unconstitutional, but they were slipped into law under the cover of darkness. Your only justification is
I said multiple times that they were bad laws and it's not ideal to have them. So I don't see how you could have possibly thought that.

>whelp, we have censorship now, I guess we might as well expand it
So you seriously believe that fighting ISIS propaganda online is censorship? In war? War ALWAYS violates the rights of people on both sides. We aren't even the ones who formally declared war this time, ISIS was.
>>
>>51914758
Me? I don't vote for anybody. Also I can't because there are no elections in my country ;)

>>51914775
Are you the same ISIS supporter that legitimized ISIS yesterday by talking about USA going to war with them?
>>
>>51914899
Nice loaded question. I love how you think destroying ISIS is somehow saying we see them as a legitimate state. I guess the post-1700s French revolutionary groups were being legitimized as well, right?
>>
>>51906733
pls cuck me donny

Mmm, take away my freedoms real good. Make me work long hours for less pay like that big strong boss you are. Then throw me in prison and punish me sooo hard. Yes!!!
>>
>>51915239
Spot the European
>>
>>51915335
Mmmhhhhhh please censor my internet. I want a big smart man like you to tell me what and what not to think.
>>
>>51915414
Tell us how Trump would be censoring the Internet.
>>
>>51915570
Uunnnggghhhh, I don't care what other people say about you Donny, you're the only reason I need. I always hear from them how you said something bad, but I know deep down you didn't really mean it. They keep saying their mean things about you, but I just ignore them. I don't need them because I have you.

Now give it to me! Fuck my asshole as hard as you can! I want to shit out your cum!
>>
>>51914752
>>>/r/politics

I think you'd fit in there
>>
>>51905915
>breitbart
>by milo niggercocklovingjew
Obviously it's bullshit.
>>
How long could Milo keep a job as a journalist on a non-shit website? Would he even get the position?
>>
File: Trump vs Hillary.png (870 KB, 1050x1551) Image search: [Google]
Trump vs Hillary.png
870 KB, 1050x1551
Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>51915943
That they're both bullshit? Yeah.
>>
>>51915752
So you seriously believe he wants to censor the Internet? Do you believe he hates Mexicans and wants to deport all Muslims?
>>
>>51915943
>not voting for Sanders
In 20 years nobody will remember your stupid cuck memes and everyone will remember how freedom was lost.
>>
>>51910041
Maybe that's what Donny was talking about, but the Breitbart article was talking about totally cutting off Syria from the Internet and re-routing traffic to the NSA.
>>
>>51915977
>Voting someone who thinks raising the minimum wage to $15 is a good idea
>Wants basic income in the US when it's barely been tested in other countries
>Supports racist groups like Black Lives Matter
>Believes in "reasonable" gun control
>>
>>51915977
Sanders is an idiot. I will vote for rand in the primaries and if trump gets the nomination, vote for him over sanders.
>>
>>51915977
>tfw retards spouting socialism buzzwords will never know what socialism is
>tfw our best hope to save America won't get voted in
>>
>>51916002
Well you got me there. I don't read Gamergate: The Blog. It's like going to MSNBC or Return of Kings for politics.
>>
>>51916013
>supports a candidate who wants to turn the US into a fascist shithole
>b-but fascism is good!
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: 1446919874286.png (132 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1446919874286.png
132 KB, 600x800
>>51905915
Trump is correct. ISIS is using social media for recruitment and communication to harm Americans and people around the world. Look at Paris and San Bernardino.
>>
I feel like people would be a lot more reluctant to support Trump if they knew his main supporters were a group of neo-nazi cuckolds from 4chan.
>>
>>51916066
everyone already knows white supremacists support trump
>>
>>51916038
>Fascist
Maybe you should go read up on fascism before you start throwing your meme words around.
>>
File: 1446607876332.jpg (89 KB, 497x943) Image search: [Google]
1446607876332.jpg
89 KB, 497x943
>>51915943
>Hillary, talking about tech after her illegalities.
>>
>>51916095
Spotted the edgy middle schooler.
>>
>>51916038
Ok, how is trump a fascist?
>>
>>51916066
>his main supporters were a group of neo-nazi cuckolds from 4chan.
Are you retarded? There are around 50 million registered republicans and 17 million of them say they will vote for Trump. That doesn't even count the people who aren't registered.
>>
>>51916061
>Paris
Let's block unencrypted SMS communication in our own country then, because that's how terrorists communicated in Paris.
>>
>>51906509
>self hating
>implying that's not a plus
>>51906574
>mfw people think these commies died unjustly
>>
File: selection.png (171 KB, 854x1100) Image search: [Google]
selection.png
171 KB, 854x1100
>>51916111
Here's the definition of fascism. Trump doesn't fit, sorry.
>>
File: 4L_5t0puZSs.jpg (35 KB, 485x340) Image search: [Google]
4L_5t0puZSs.jpg
35 KB, 485x340
>>51915943
>did you, or did you not, wipe those hard drives containing incriminating evidence
>w-what, with a cloth or something?

Future president/cybersecurity expert Hillary Clinton everybody
>>
>>51916167
But that's not even the definition of fascism :<
>>
>>51916167
You probably posted the wrong picture then.
>>
>>51916111
I think you're the edgy one here m8

>Trump is an evil fascist nazi who wants to enslave all minorities!!1!!!1!
>>
>>51916167
It seems like all of those fit to me.
>>
>>51916150
That'd be a fine and dandy comparison if Trump had said he wanted to take something like Twitter offline, but he didn't.

>>51916180
>>51916189
Even left wing tabloids like Vox think Trump ISN'T a fascist.
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism
Stop trying to redefine "fascism".
>>
>>51916199
Trump doesn't have the power in any sense to achive a corperate and national merger.
Not one that leaves the oligarchy on top, but the nation.
>>
>>51916199
Then why isn't Trump the supreme leader of the US yet? Fascists don't run for office, they take it.
>>
>>51916206
But actually, I'm not saying he is a fascist, but that isn't the definition of fascism :<
>>
>>51916212
That's exactly what he wants though, ergo he is a fascist.
>>
>>51916227
Well what definition are you arguing for then?
>>
>>51916220
This, a real facist would take over by force and kill/jail anyone who dares oppose him.
>>
>>51916220
>being retarded
Hitler was elected.
>>
File: milosarkeesiandebate.jpg (41 KB, 591x336) Image search: [Google]
milosarkeesiandebate.jpg
41 KB, 591x336
>>51911182
So he is no worse than Buzzfeed, The Verge, Daily Beast, Cracked, MSNBC etc

SJW betacucks are just raging because for once it's not some leftwing faggot doing it
>>
>>51916220
>>51916240
Underage please leave

Go get an education
>>
>>51916235
He constantly talks about how hedgefund managers, special interests, the media and Super PACs all fuck with the political system here. One of his main policies is reforming the tax code to remove the bullshit loopholes, something even Bernie Sanders wants to do.
>>
>>51916247
yes and then he slowly eliminated everyone till he became the one ruler. Is trump going to do that to congress or the senate?
>>
>>51916260
You're yet to say how trump is a facist.
>>
>>51910709
MFW reading that.
>>
>>51916235
Prove it.
>>51916238
I choose not to involve politics into /g/.
But fascism has been under an unfortunate strawman for a long period of time now. (I must admit, just as communism has). But it's not simple, because there are many different types of fascism that run at parrallel to the root word.
It is better defined as explicitly "for the good and the health of the people". As in capability, not equality, not liberty, but ability. Almost a meritocracy of sorts.
There is a belief that only equality and liberty can be achieved after ability. And that the only way to retain the maximization of liberty, is through an eternal fascism. While you won't have a maximum amount of liberty, it will be less likley to be corrupted.

This is a very long discussion to be had. But if you're interested in reactionary reading try out this book. He isn't a fascist either.
>>
File: 1441830707036.jpg (34 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
1441830707036.jpg
34 KB, 449x449
>>51916235
>muh racism
>muh facism
>muh hitler
>muh xenophobia
>muh islamophobia
Reddit fags are so butthurt that Hernie Bernie is out of the picture now they can't stand it. Liberals are running out of names to call Trump, how much longer before they just start rambling incoherent REEEEE's for lack of words.
>>
>>51916280
>first post on this thread
>you're yet to say...
wew
>>
>>51916264
You forgot the other half of that:
>and cut taxes for the wealthy and big business, shifting the tax burden downward
Thanks to wanting to build the largest megastructure in human history and also wanting to replace all of our military equipment, his tax percentages are lowballs since he'll end up being more expensive than Obama. He'll end up raising taxes on the middle class unless he runs massive deficits.
>>
>>51916298
shutting down or limiting internet for ISIS infested countries like Syria is not facism. Try again.
>>
>>51916298
>>51916312
He doesn't realize that blocking Internet traffic from Syria and other terror source countries is just an embargo.
>>
>>51914752
Found the libcuck
>>
>>51916312
Hey retard, since you lack basic reading comprehension i'll explain again

I never said he was a fascist. The post you quoted was my first in this thread and it was a reply to the 2 morons who thought fascists always take power. I told them to leave because they're most likely underage since they didn't know Hitler was elected

So fuck off faglord and l2read
>>
>>51916247
No, the Nazi party was elected. Hitler was initially APPOINTED Chancellor and he took the title of Furher by getting a law passed which gave him basically unlimited power. Even that's an extremely gross simplification of Hitler's rise to power.
>>
File: 1441853594499.jpg (175 KB, 610x991) Image search: [Google]
1441853594499.jpg
175 KB, 610x991
>>51914752
>Reddit being this mad.
>>
how can someone be serious or right with this kind of face expression
>>
>>51905915
he pays for favorable coverage at breitbart. google it.

he also pays about 3000 people to funpost about him on social media and popular sites ESPECIALLY here. you can spot these people because they will photoshop trump on to a younger sexier body as a "meme"
>>
>>51916337
No, the Nazi party was elected in a parliamentary system. Not a constitutional republic.
He then appointed himself reichsfurher and chancellor.
He wasn't elected to that position.
>>51916386
>He looks silly
How can someone like Bernie get elected?
>>
>>51916311
>>and cut taxes for the wealthy and big business,
He specifically said multiple times that the rich should have to pay more in taxes than people with less money. And no, he wants to cut taxes for ALL businesses, not just big business. He is openly against crony capitalism and isn't afraid to use the term.

>Thanks to wanting to build the largest megastructure in human history
The Great Wall of China is longer than the wall Trump wants to build and it's nothing compared to the costs of things like Obamacare.

>and also wanting to replace all of our military equipment
We spent $1 trillion on a joke of a jet fighter. That's 1 million times 1 million dollars, just on developing a fighter jet. There's plenty of money between bad budgeting and trade deficits to fund the few billion dollars the wall would need.
>>
>>51916422
>J-JUST GOOGLE IT!
Proofs?
>>
>>51916290
if i call trump racist he will probably try to have me gassed along with the mexicans and muslims he cannot stand
>>
>>51910709
>nazi
>leftist
>hitler
>leftist
i got bad news for you my young edgy friend. your dad isnt as smart as he thinks he is...
>>
>>51916448
Lmfao.
The shitposting in this thread.
>>51916462
Hitler was neither left nor right. It's rediculous to try and explain complex political ideologies and systems with terms made in the 17th century.
>>
>>51916448
The fact you think he hates Mexicans and Muslims shows you only know about Trump from tidbits of the media. See >>51915943
Big media doesn't even try to hide their bias against Trump.
>>
File: 1449994911907.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449994911907.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>51905915
>what is proxy
>>
I'll just remind you that NSA hadn't find anything of value related to the terrorism. And that's 2014, with ISIS and whatnot. Why so? They weren't looking, obviously. They were spying on citizens.

Censorship and mass espionage is NOT a good way to fight terrorism, proper investigative effort is. You've got to use field agents, you've got to check all available info seriously, not just "hurr durr let's gather Big Data and analyze the shit out of everyone's online trends" crap. God, Tsarnaevs were even reported by Russia as likely terrorists, but US intelligence dismissed it without much thought. This is what should be worked on, bot more regulations in the Internet.
>>
Both liberals and conservatives(In the US) are retarded.

Conservacucks don't wanna fix tax loopholes and a lot of them are religous fanatics going on about MUH DEGENERACY BABY KILLAN BLAH BLAH

Libcucks are bleeding hearts who wanna bring more people(unskilled at that) into an already overpopularted country and waste taxes that could be used on our own people on them.

Both seem fine with taking away your right to privacy too.

Why is Murrica so broken?

I'm voting sanders but only because he believes in closing tax loopholes, state colleges really should be free.

Just a shame he's fine with illegals and refugees, he'd be a passable candidate otherwise.
>>
>>51916593
> hadn't found etc
Sorry. A bit sleepy.
>>
>>51908160
Honestly question, do you think anyone will take American refugees?

Or should I marry an ugly cunt in another country to save myself now?
>>
>>51908160
>Obongo leaves the White House accomplishing nothing.
>Trump gets elected.
>America is in it's final years before it ascends to greatness again.
>>
>>51913076
Been here since 05, I remember it being left wing then.

Remember when /b/ attacked Hal Turner for being a racist piece of shit?
>>
>>51905915
>milo

>>51916013
>Black Lives Matter
>racist group
not this reactionary shit again

>>51916095
>>51916124
even your right-wing buttbuds are calling him a fascist:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/donald_trump_is_a_fascist_it_is_the_political_label_that_best_describes.html
>>
>Mudslimes
>people
>>
>>51916598
>Conservacucks don't wanna fix tax loopholes
Trump and Rand do.

>into an already overpopularted
The USA is not even close to overpopulated.

>Why is Murrica so broken?
Oligarchies. Trump is in opposition to them and isn't afraid to expose it when he can.
http://twitchy.com/2015/09/06/donald-trump-posts-letter-from-the-club-for-growth-asking-for-1000000-donation-cfg-responds/

>>51916664
Remember how most of the people doing the raids were literally teenagers? We grew up. Obama really helped turn people away from the American left as well.

>>51916681
>Slate
>Right wing
What?

And yes, Black Lives Matter is incredibly racist. It spreads the idea that whites are killing blacks left, blaming it on racism and police. All it does is divide the country and keep blacks away from real issues like how literally 90% of black murders are committed by another black person, and how often those sorts of murders happen. Even Trump brought that up, but Bernie, Hillary and other republicucks won't dare say something so "racist".
>>
>>51916681
BLM has no legitimacy and are full of the most racist people you can think of.
Trump isn't a fascist.
>>51916289
>>
>>51916826
>The USA is not even close to overpopulated.
It is when you take into account we lose more and more jobs to automation everyday

Unskilled workers are suffering, here in Baltimore I can't even get seasonal work.
>>
>>51906403
lmao
>>
>>51916826
how is pointing to statistics that minorities are more likely to be shot dead by police racist? should people suddenly ignore that just because blacks are killing each other? that is even a new topic since most black leaders acknowledge its a problem
>>
>>51916826
>>Slate
>>Right wing
read the article, lad

>“Forced federal registration of U.S. citizens, based on religious identity, is fascism. Period. Nothing else to call it,” tweeted Jeb Bush adviser John Noonan. “I just don’t agree with that kind of thing,” declared alleged presidential candidate Jim Gilmore. “I’ve said it’s fascist talk.” “I’m still not sure it’s 100 percent clear that Donald Trump really understands that he’s a neo-fascist,” wrote Michael Tomasky for the Daily Beast.
>>
>>51916931
>when you take into account we lose more and more jobs to automation everyday

All the moronic political candidates are always talking about "CREATING JUURRBS" when they don't address the coming issue of automation stripping our jobs away. They aren't planning for that future which is coming very soon, and people will dismiss the idea of a basic universal income.

Prepare for a world where everyone is literally in poverty.
>>
trump the cuck
stumped cuck trump
trump the cuck chump
memes
>>
>>51906324
>The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Biggest fucking fallacy out there.
>>
>>51917039
I'm tempted to marry a literal 1/10 for Finnish citizenship just so I don't freeze/starve to death.
>>
>>51916953
BLM acts as if there's an epidemic of officers killing black people when almost all black murders were committed by a black person.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls
Barely over 100 black murders were done by a white person. Even then police are killing EVERYONE at alarming rates, but BLM acts as if African Americans are the sole victims.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/over-1000-people-killed-by-police-since-the-beginning-of-2015/211529/

>>51917007
>“Forced federal registration of U.S. citizens, based on religious identity, is fascism. Period. Nothing else to call it,” tweeted Jeb Bush adviser John Noonan
Obviously Jeb and his team will attack Trump. What's your point?

>>51916931
What does job automation have to do with overpopulation?
Besides, Trump wants to bring lower skilled jobs like manufacturing back to the United States.
>>
File: 9-TheDude.jpg (48 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
9-TheDude.jpg
48 KB, 394x406
>>51917235
>Trump wants to bring lower skilled jobs like manufacturing back to the United States.

What's the point when machines will replace those jobs soon?
>>
>>51917102
Finland's economy is in the toilet. They cannot possibly sustain their welfare state with the way they're importing refugees and dying off due to a low birth rate.
>>
>>51917235
You are still ignoring my claim that blacks are still MORE LIKELY to be killed by police. You are also ignoring my claim that 'black-on-black" crime should not be a detractor from police accountability, as the police have far-reaching power compared to just regular citizens.
>>
File: 1445311917994.png (2 MB, 663x5126) Image search: [Google]
1445311917994.png
2 MB, 663x5126
>>51916936
>>
>>51917287
They are also more likley to commit crime motherfucker.
>>
>>51917267
Machines can't replace all of the jobs, such as assembly. And on top of that if it's more cost effective to hire people instead of building entirely new, automated systems then they'll keep on hiring. That's why McDonalds and Walmart still have human cashiers.

>>51917287
>You are still ignoring my claim that blacks are still MORE LIKELY to be killed by police.
Only proportionally, but that still ignores the WHY they're being shot more often. Blacks tend to live in far worse economic situations and have far more run ins with the police than other races proportionally.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43
You could go full /pol/ and say it's because they're "niggers", but if you're a more reasonable person you'll wonder why BLM is protesting what's basically a non-issue symptom of a real problem with African American communities in America. A lot of that is due to all our manufacturing jobs leaving the country. Look at Detroit for the best example of this.
>>
>>51913022
What the fuck made you think it was a meme you stupid fuck? do you know how lossy encoding even works?
>>
>>51917267
He's only saying it to appease the masses in the hopes of getting elected. He might be able to temporarily hold back the tide but really we need to prepare for this automated future and electing fools like trump is the exact opposite of what should happen.

>>51917370
>Machines can't replace all of the jobs, such as assembly.
For now.
> And on top of that if it's more cost effective to hire people instead of building entirely new, automated systems then they'll keep on hiring.
For now.
>That's why McDonalds and Walmart still have human cashiers.
For now.
>>
>>51905915
>retarded redneck with fake tan runs for a president

MURRCA
>>
>>51917345
>>51917370
I don't think it's a non-issue. Sure. Blacks are disproportionately likely to become criminals. That, along with the issues of race and policing, are part of the very complicated issue of race in America.

You are trying to focus on to one area when all of these things are connected.
>>
File: 2173760-630x409.jpg (72 KB, 630x409) Image search: [Google]
2173760-630x409.jpg
72 KB, 630x409
>>51917370
>That's why McDonalds and Walmart still have human cashiers.

You have no idea what's coming.

Your opinion is still in the majority because most people aren't informed about the coming trend of technology. But that's all about to change because McDonald's is not only testing out self serve ordering screens in various joints, but they're also testing out their new machines to quite literally make all the food without human intervention.

Robotic automation will replace most low skill labor within the next 10-20 years and no one is addressing this.
>>
>>51917446
>For now
Why shouldn't we care about creating jobs right now? That sort of automation is years or even decades away from being cheaper than human labor.

>>51917479
I literally said that police killings of blacks is a symptom of a much larger issue. Please re-read my post.
>>
>>51917481
If it's not addressed, brace for fucking riots and the poor to eat the rich.
>>
>>51916681
>>Black Lives Matter
>>racist group
>not this reactionary shit again

They're not racist in intention but their actions are enforcing racial divides. Groups like BLM are playing right into the hands of those who would enslave us.
>>
>>51917481
Is there any discussion on how automation could potentially help? e.g. if one area is "automated" how could it open jobs for human workers in another area?

>>51917507
You are saying it is a non-issue but I disagree.
>>
>>51917507
>Why shouldn't we care about creating jobs right now? That sort of automation is years or even decades away from being cheaper than human labor.

Because when it is your society will not be prepared due to regressive policies and will be left behind by the rest of the world.

The shift will be gradual, but if we do not prepare we are going to end up with a truly horrendous societal structure. Think massive underclass.
>>
>>51917481
I don't think you understand business at all. We have had the technology to replace cashiers completely for a while, but we haven't. You know why? It's too expensive compared to just hiring someone. On top of that people would have to get used to the new system (drives away older people) and you'd have to hire lots of people who actually have skills to maintain the machines when they break and malfunction. As long as the costs of hiring a human remain lower than the cost of replacing them then humans will still be doing jobs.
Maybe in 20 years we'll see the start of it, but for many jobs it will be a nonissue.
If anything it's just more reason to bring back manufacturing jobs which aren't as easy to fully automate.
>>
Honestly, EU should just cut all trade ties with the US already. Shit's too fucking retarded.
>>
File: 74jGC.jpg (146 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
74jGC.jpg
146 KB, 720x479
>>51917540
>if one area is "automated" how could it open jobs for human workers in another area?

The only jobs that are safe are ones that require imaginative thinking and design. Beyond that even most white collar office jobs will be stripped away by artificial intelligence. Those people will be left out in the streets along with the blue collar job seekers.
>>
>>51917546
>Because when it is your society will not be prepared due to regressive policies and will be left behind by the rest of the world.
Oh? And how do you figure we fix this issue that will exist decades from now? I'd be willing to bet most jobs will still be here 30 years from now, especially the skilled ones.

>>51917540
The idea that police are targeting blacks to kill is completely and utterly false. There is a problem with police killing people in general, but it's not just blacks. The reason blacks are killed by police in greater proportional numbers is because they tend to get in trouble with the law more often. The core of the issue is why that's the case. BLM ignores it however.
>>
>>51917612
>Europeans in charge of economics
>>
>>51917518
Good luck with that.
>>
File: thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1100) Image search: [Google]
thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1100
>>51917611
>It's too expensive compared to just hiring someone

You really think it costs roughly $10,000 (minimum wage annual salary) for one of those touch screens? lol.

>you'd have to hire lots of people who actually have skills to maintain the machines

Yup, their job is safe among others as well, but those aren't blue collar warehouse jobs either.
>>
>>51917479
It's simple, commit more crime, get shot more m8.
>>
>>51917611
I'm sorry, but you are deluded, the writing is on the wall. The moment companies can replace humans they will, they are not guided by emotion or a sense of obligation, just profit.

We're not even far away from having driverless cars, a far more complex problem than taking orders in mcdonalds.

When self driving cars reach critical mass several things will have happened.

>no taxiing jobs
>no haul jobs
>cars as a service will slowly kill off the sales jobs.
>no more bus drivers

This will leave millions unemployed, and it's already begun.
>>
>>51917681
Unskilled workers make up the majority of workers.

When the majority is starving and homeless, do you think they'll just lay down and die?

No, they'll riot.
>>
>>51917649
>Oh? And how do you figure we fix this issue that will exist decades from now? I'd be willing to bet most jobs will still be here 30 years from now, especially the skilled ones.

Better to be defensive than reactive. That's how nations are made and unmade. We need laws in place now so the damage is never done to society in the first place.
>>
>>51917722
>We're not even far away from having driverless cars

Funny you mention that, because Google just announced they're opening up a new business designed for a driverless taxi service.
>>
>>51917683
>You really think it costs roughly $10,000 (minimum wage annual salary) for one of those touch screens? lol.
Let's see, you'd have to lay tons of people off (huge PR nightmare, also the logistics takes time and therefore money), hire contractors to install the machines, the cost of buying and shipping those machines (and the logistics of knowing what to ship where), the costs of downtimes associated with the conversion, having to hire skilled people who know how to service the machines (That alone is what, a $40k salary job at the very least? Probably more like $50-$60k) and then you'd have to deal with the lost customers due to luddite boomers hating anything computers. That's a very simplified list of things you'd have to deal with to get rid of cashiers. It's simply not worth the investment.

>Yup, their job is safe among others as well, but those aren't blue collar warehouse jobs either.
What's your point?
>>
>>51917722
>The moment companies can replace humans they will
Then why are there still human cashiers at Walmart alongside the automated checkouts?

>they are not guided by emotion or a sense of obligation, just profit.
See >>51917792
Like I said multiple times, the costs associated with converting to a completely automated PoS are not worth the investment. It's cheaper and easier to just hire actual human beings.

>When self driving cars reach critical mass several things will have happened.
>>no taxiing jobs
>>no haul jobs
Again you assume just because the technology is there that they will instantly switch, which isn't how it works.

>>51917753
You're reacting to it right now. It's not science fiction, it's just reality. There's no reason to blow it out of proportion though.
>>
>>51917792
Most of those problems can be dealt by simply not trying to do the switch overnight but rolling it out gradually.
>>
>>51917985
That'd just spread out the costs though. But it really doesn't matter, because the fact is that automation isn't anywhere near replacing most no skill jobs. When it becomes a real threat it will naturally work its way up the political ladder.
>>
>>51905986
Trump is not a "free trade guy" in the slightest you fucking retard.
>>
>>51918303
Not him but
http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Free_Trade.htm
>>
>>51917874
Different guy, but he's right that they don't necessarily have a moral obligation to keep away from automating if it increases profits. The free market will dictate whatever makes the most sense to each individual company. For some that will be a gradual shift to automation, while for others they might not change much at all.

Either way, it isn't the position of a government to be worrying about problems like this. You can't legislate job creation. Smart people will survive and adapt. Others will move elsewhere or probably go on welfare.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.