[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate Apple when Apple is the one pushing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14
File: Apple-Logo-rainbow.png (76 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Apple-Logo-rainbow.png
76 KB, 2272x1704
Why do you guys hate Apple when Apple is the one pushing the industry forward?

Here's the five top examples:

>Smartphones
>Tablets
>Thin Laptops
>Smartwatches
>USB C
>>
>>47681456
Actually, I love cocks
>>
>TabletsWTF.
Only really innovative tablet right now is the Microsoft Surface.
>>
>>47681479
Enjoy trying to get one hour of battery life out of that disgusting thing mate.
>>
Why not use Elementary OS instead? Get the best of both worlds. Its clean, easy to use, and is GNU/Linux. Its free, not completely closed source like Apple and friends.
>>
>>47681490
More like six or seven hours of time actually doing shit, unlike ten hours in a bunch of useless apps.
>>
>>47681456

>pushing the industry forward
>doesnt follow standards
>make it expensive
>full closed source

I dont know wtf are you talking about
>>
>Want to play vidyers with friend
>OSX is constantly locking up and won't open apps because no reason
>Can't have fun and player vidyers
>>
>>47681456
Linux is a free OS with no bs_ware. DUH
>>
File: sour grapes.jpg (254 KB, 688x1434) Image search: [Google]
sour grapes.jpg
254 KB, 688x1434
>>47681456
>Why do you guys hate Apple when Apple is the one pushing the industry forward?
Sour Grapes. Apple doesn't make cheap shit that most of /g/'s NEETs can afford so they hate on Apple as a coping mechanism. That's psychology 101/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coping_(psychology)
>>
>>47681559
Or, for the same money we can get a much better computer with a better OS.
>>
I don't hate them but they make some pretty dumb devices that people just eat up.

Actually now that I think about it it's really only the Macbook Pros/Airs that are there half decent lines.
>>
>>47681573
Exactly this. Apple cucks are just that, cucks who are tech illiterate.
>>
>>47681573
>citation needed
After having been on windows since 95, and finally moving to OS X 2 years ago, I can say without a doubt it's much better all around. Especially when it comes to actual usability.
>>
>>47681559
>Mac-book
>Expensive
>Low specs machine
>Looks "pretty"(its all subjective)

Why should I get a Macintosh, over my gaming PC? I work by the way. Whats the overall value of a Apple product compared to my Linux PC that just 'werks'?
>>
>>47681456
>>47681490
>>47681625
Hi Apple shills
>>
>>47681625
Install gentoo faggot
>>
>>47681515
>doesn't follow standards
That's how you push an industry forward. You don't revolutionize something but doing whats already been done
>>
>>47681633
Apple Users. Try to sell me a Macbook or Mac Mini.
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.
>>
>>47681633
You honestly know what one of the biggest things that sell apple computers are? Customer support.
I have had 4 phones replaced by apple before. I walk into the store because my camera flash on my iPhone is not working. I walk out 5 minutes later with a new phone.
People can say whatever they like about apple, but NO other company does that.
>>
>>47681702
Doesn't their 'customer support' cost money?

>Buy a expensive computer
>Have to pay hundreds of dollars for Apple Care
How does that work?

I went to a place that sold apple products and had a restocking fee. Why the fuck do they do that?
>>
>>47681748
I have never purchased apple care on any of my phones.
Also, the restocking fee was not from apple, its from the retailer. I work for Best Buy and we don't charge restocking fees on any returned product.
>>
> smartphones
Existed before Apple made them.

> tablets

> thin laptops

> smartwatches
Existed before Apple made th-- nigga if I wanted the time I'd look at my fucking phone.

> USB C
Wasn't invented by Apple. Cool to see it used for charging a laptop though. But, I don't see the point on the new macbook. There's only one port so you'll practically have to carry around a hub everywhere. Essentially making the size savings pointless.

Running extensive advertising campaigns isn't "pushing the industry forward".

OP is a huge faggot. But then again, I did actually reply to this bait. Install Gentoo.
>>
>>47681818
Believe it or not, apple doesn't retain 60% of the smartphone market because everyone just isn't as smart as you are. The same goes for tablets. Stop crying because a company you dislike can actually make a good product.
Also, when the fuck does apple advertise? I have never seen an apple billboard or an apple commercial in 20 years.
>>
>>47681456
Smartphones were better before apple, ipads are shitty convertible laptops were the future, thin laptops are retarded, you're retarded, stop shitposting.
>>
>>47681559
Ya man, 900 dollar smart phones with no USB, micro SD, dual sim, or good battery are great
>>
>>47681854
>Also, when the fuck does apple advertise? I have never seen an apple billboard or an apple commercial in 20 years.

You are a fucking liar.
>>
>>47681499
This board is so ignorant
http://www.opensource.apple.com/
>>
>>47681895
Are you one of those liberal douchebags who believes that everyone is so god damned gullible, we are just all sheep who cant help but purchase shit that is advertised?

Listen, apple achieved dominance in every category for prodcuts they produce, except for computers since most people can't afford them, not because of advertising. I know it doesn't gel well with the neckbeard theory that the only reason apple is popular is because people think its "cool". They are popular because they are built better. They last a lot longer than any other computers. They aren't the flaming pieces of shit that every other computer company throws out.
>>
>>47681456
Apple is just recycling used products and ideas but with much better marketing

/thread
>>
>>47681946
>blah blah blah

I just didn't believe you didn't see any apple ads.
>>
>>47681456
All of those things are cancer, except USB-C, which Apple did not invent.
>>
A fair few companies (including Apple) sent their engineers to work on USB C. Just because they were first (second if you count Nokia's tablet in China) to release doesn't mean they're the only one pushing it forward.
>>
File: Freud.jpg (53 KB, 620x706) Image search: [Google]
Freud.jpg
53 KB, 620x706
>>47681573
>Or, for the same money we can get a much better computer
If that was it, and not lust, you wouldn't hate it so much. But you do hate it because you lust over Apple stuff. Like I said, it’s a coping mechanism.

>with a better OS.
Is this why everyone's trying to make their Loonix look like OS X? kek'd.

>>47681633
>Why should I get a Macintosh, over my gaming PC?
Apple doesn't make gaming computers. So you shouldn’t. Apple makes god-tier laptops for people who need to get shit done, not play games.

Let me expand on my previous comment...
When normal people don't like something or have no use for something, they don't hate on the thing. I don't hate tractors, for example.

When normal people like something and lust over it, they either purchase or they find something similar they can afford.

When maladjusted people (usually kids) want something and can't have it, they throw tantrums (when parents are around) or they start hating on the thing because that's a way for them to cope.

Now ask yourself... why do so few people don't hate on Asus or HP or Dell? Because they make cheap stuff that most people can afford or they make stuff people just don't like and don't care about it. But Apple, they make attractive/quality/expensive stuff that not everyone can afford.
>>
>>47681490
>he hates small, x86 computers that can run anything

You hate progress.
>>
>>47681946
>built better
for the most part, that's a damn lie
They're built well, but not outright better. At their price range, they're built as well as their competitors.

like, I own an MBA right now, it's a nice machine for what I want
But it's just a damn computer.

>>47681633
do the research
What are you doing/going to do with the system?
I bought this machine because portability was the main concern. It's fast enough to do some light gaming on low and emulate a couple of PS2 and Gamecube games (only a few), but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it to carry around, and the other machines in the size category I was looking at either a: had awful specs or b: awful build quality or c: was the Surface (which I really did consider, but I also wanted a built-in keyboard so I could type with it on my lap, that was the deciding factor since they are about the same price)

There's no reason for you to buy a Mac if you don't want it or if you find something that fits your needs better.

>>47681867
>smartphones were better before apple
do you remember pre-iPhone smartphones?
shit was kind of fucking awful

They really did push things, although the fact that the original iPhone didn't have fucking native apps at first was the dumbest thing ever.

Other than the disappearance of physical keyboards on them (so now I can't type at anything approaching a reasonable speed on my phone, even with Swype), shit got better. Actually, shit got so much better that there's no reason to buy an iPhone now unless you bought a bunch of iOS apps and don't want to lose them/rebuy them for Android.

>>47681529
install windows on it (shit takes forever though for some reason, because whoever wrote the bootcamp installer is literally retarded, it shouldn't take that long to copy the Windows install files from a SSD to a USB stick)
I haven't bothered with OSX in forever. Doesn't run some programs I use (running Win7 now), isn't as nice as Linux. Also, HFS+ is like the worst filesystem.
>>
>>47682162
They don't make quality stuff.

The only arguably "good" thing they do is make an operating system that gives technologically illiterate people relatively less problems than others. It gives all users relatively no freedom.

They use hardware that is five to ten years out dated, put it in a shiny case, install the most power-user-unfriendly OS (the benefit being that how restrictive it is reduces problems for the pleb-class tech illiterates), market it with pointless buzzwords, and ignore/argue with customers who mention real cases of malware that manages to infect their precious operating system.

That's all there is to it. That's why they're so hostile to customers who get infected. The only leg up on any other OS is that "Macs don't get viruses". They have a smaller market share (less incentive to code viruses), more restrictive of an OS, and hardware that ... well let's be honest... who the fuck wants a mac botnet to do anything except troll their own victims?
>>
>>47681971
>>
Apple makes solid fucking laptops.

I've had a Macbook Pro for a good five years now, and I'll probably get another one when it finally wears out. It has a sturdy build, a beautiful screen, best-in-class trackpad, and OSX blows any Linux out of the water for desktop usage, it's not even a fucking contest. And the best part is that even though you pay a little more up front, your machine will actually fetch a decent price on craigslist - I could never find anybody to take my T500 off my hands for more than a hundred dollars or so and eventually gave up.

I'd never buy a personal desktop from Apple, but that's mainly because I still like to play games occasionally. And fuck most of the rest of their products with a rake, they're either inferior (iPhone) or useless (iPad, iWatch).
>>
>>47683767
I have exactly the same setup - rMBP for work and custom-build desktop for games/fun. OSX is definitely my favourite environment for programming, it's like Linux without the suck
>>
>>47682517
>It gives all users relatively no freedom.
It gives the illusion of no freedom, it's just as free as Linux when you open up a terminal and install homebrew, except it actually runs commercial software and looks half-decent out of the box.
>>
>>47681456
Didn't invent smart phones
Didn't invent computers
Didn't invent tablets
Specs from 2008 on like everything
Didn't invent USB type C, just implemented it before others.
0/10 bait
-10/10 for copy pasta.
>>
>>47683778
And without a decent package manager. Don't even try to tell me you think brew or ports compare to a proper software repo.
>>
Palm
Microsoft had working tablets in 2003
Thin laptops already existed
USB c is happening with or without apple
>>
>>47683837
Ports is pretty terrible, but never had an issue with homebrew installing git, mysql, ruby, rails, apache, nginx, imagemagick, etc.
>>
>>47681573
>much better computer
perhaps.

>with a better OS.
lol
>>
File: TorvaldsOregon.jpg (56 KB, 453x294) Image search: [Google]
TorvaldsOregon.jpg
56 KB, 453x294
>>47683854
>he thinks macshit OS is good
>>
>>47683849
Sure. Those are all extremely common packages. When it comes to software development you might need to install any number of random libraries. It's much easier to do this using Arch Linux with the AUR for example than homebrew on OS X.
>>
>>47683861
If I wasn't able to use Linux for whatever reason I'd be using OS X. I grew up on Windows but now that I've actually given OS X and Linux a fair try, I would never ever go back to Windows for anything.
>>
>>47683866
Oh well, it covers all my use cases for web and mobile dev. If you need anything more exotic than that I guess Linux is the only choice.
>>
>smartphones
Already existed, but weren't as locked down or shiny. The first iPhone was complete trash in the same vein as all other smartphones. It was android devices that pushed apple to improve it.
>tablets
Actually, the first tablets came from microsoft and later some chinese company. The iPad was third, if not fourth. Tablets have proven to be as useless as netbooks. Touchscreens on laptops, an already popular concept, are making a comeback now that the marketing hype is dying. Apple won't give up.
>Thin laptops
Are not an improvement. There is a point where making a laptop thinner does not significantly improve portability, but does cause losses in available processing power, battery life, and simple modularity (like replacing a faulty battery/RAM stick or upgrading storage) and extensibility. Every lost fraction of an inch is space that could hold a larger battery or at least a replaceable one, and they call it portable? Internally, they call it and "heading in to be refurbished come next release".
>Smartwatches
Apple didn't do them first, and apple didn't do them better than anyone else. They couldn't because they're a terrible concept best left to *actual* fashion designers, not computer engineers with taste in aesthetics largely drawn from sci-fi movies.
>USB C
In this case, apple is almost being altruistic. It's like the first iphone (and high DPI laptops) all over again. Their own hardware is fucking awful, but marketing hype means the world will mimic them and do a much better job.

>>47681559
A neckbeard with no education and no social skills could easily get a job at a factory and pull in thousands a month while still living with their parents (no bills, no responsibilities)

It follows that anyone on /g/ could buy a fuckload of macs if they wanted to
>>
>>47681702
Sounds like they are selling defective products and you're calling it a positive.
>>
people on here hate apple not because they make bad stuff or they have an issue with the software, it's the idiots buying the shit.

tech elitists can own the same things everyone else does, and when having a brain means you can customize things to better suit your own suits while probably saving you money at the same time.

it's like if you had the same car as everybody else but for some reason only you bothered to flip the switch to give you extra performance because you knew it was there.
>>
>>47682173
it's a tablet
a tablet
tablet
>tablet
>>
>>47683767
>Apple makes solid fucking laptops
My 15" rMBP spontaneously developed a bright spot on the screen when it was about 8 months old. My 13" rMBP work machine's touchpad just completely fucked out today - it's 6 months old. A colleague has had a 13" rMBP for a week (new force touchpad model) and his touchpad is already spazzing out. Previously our company had Dell Latitudes with practically zero failures in their 2 years of service life. The Macs definitely have better specs in every way but so far they have been far less reliable. All this means nothing though as we are comparing anecdotal evidence and our own tiny samples.
>>
>>47683818
there's freedom without having to use linux
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>tablets
>pretty much Apple tablets could run OSX Tiger now

>WHOOPS! NOPE! WE'RE STILL A BLOWN OUT IPOD WITHOUT ANY CALLS.
>WE EVEN SET THE STANDARD TO ANDROID SO YOUR ANDROID TABLET IT JUST A BIG PHONE HAHAHAHA WEEBS!
>>
>>47681895
>he hasn't left his cave in 20 years
>>
>>47683979
>WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I USE PHOTOSHOP WITH MY FATFUCK FINGERS ON A SMALL ASS TOUCHSCREEN
>WHY DOES APPLE HAVE TO MAKE A OS WITH A UI AND PROGRAMS DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH TOUCHSCREENS ON A TOUCHSCREEN DEVICE
>>
Saying apple makes amazing technology is like saying Dre Beats makes the best headphones. Which is interesting because they followed a similar path and now apple owns them
>>
>tfw Apple made a decent watch
>Still Progressing

Fuck.
>>
>>47683955
Apple will replace them for free, no questions asked if you have proof of purchase, though. Would Dell?
>>
>>47683979
tablets existed before ipads you know...
>>
>>47681456

Bought Mac Mini.
Bought Apple DVD drive
DVD drive was not compatible with Mac Mini.
Wtf, Apple? You have three pieces of hardware, can you not be bothered to support all of them?
>>
>>47684454
sounds like your a whiny bitch who's lying for attention. BTW I have a late 2012 mbp and this bitch has been through hell. take it to class everyday. NO issues except shitty battery life.
>>
>>47683955
>>47684568
^ this guy, wrong one lol
>>
>>47681456
>tablets
>thin laptops
>smart watches
all of these are complete shit
and usb type C would be ok if they would put more than 1 of it on a laptop.
>>
>Apple does something
Big deal, someone would've done it eventually.
Someone else did it before (and did it shittily.)
Why the fuck would anyone want that?
Someone else did this (tangentally related) feature before.
Yeah, Apple's one is better than the others, but it's a stupid product category anyway.
>>
>>47681919
Open-source! = free
>>
>more shit with literally it's name as the biggest selling point
>same but bigger
>underpowered overpriced laptops
>obnoxious small phone
>casual usb
if it wasn't for the faggots who want to convince everyone that they're rich or professional designers, apple would be more rotten than steve's corpse already
>>
>>47681573
>better OS
HAHAHA
>>
>>47683935
>posted from ChinkPad
>>
>>47684986
How can you possibly get any free-er than open-source?
>>
>>47682162
This so much.
/g/ is full of jealous poorfags
>>
File: 1e2.gif (155 KB, 255x224) Image search: [Google]
1e2.gif
155 KB, 255x224
>>47682173
>muh legacy win32 garbage
>>
>>47683932
the only serious and correct post
>>
>>47683932
Apple never made everything first, but they were the ones to make it work better compared to everything else that was release at those times.
>>
>>47681671
Clearly you don't understand "standards"
>>
>>47681479
>weights much
>thick
>expensive as fuck
What is this thing supposed to be good at again? Most certainly not at being a tablet.
>>
>>47681456
>Smartphones
Irrelevant toys for pre-teens. I have one super old office-mobile nokia I use for my job exclusively. You dont need a mobile phone outside of that if you are honest.

>Tablets
Entirely irrelevant technologoy. Its just an extra large Phone that hipsters use as a substitude for pen and paper at school.
It is not realy alternative to a deskop, neither to a laptop.

>Thin Laptops
Sure, make everything thinner and smaller to an extend where the avearge human is giong to be uncapable of repairing shit on his own because this stuff is just WAY to small to even see.
The notebook size from 2005~ were totally sufficient

>Smartwatches
Probably even more irrelevant than smartphones. Entirely redundant technology and nothing against my Omega watch...

>USB C
Incompatible piece of shit. USB3 and be done with it.
>>
>>47685513
>extra large phone that hipsters use
> everyone fucking has one
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>47683955
Do you take good care of your technology or do you throw it around in your backpack and shit?
>>
>>47681456
>implying any of those things listed are good
>>
>>47684986
Please don't start this shit
>>
>>47685271
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
>>
They are against against customers...
So Im against Apple
>>
>>47681456
I consider none of those useful innovations.

Apple did push for high DPI displays, though, so I have them to thank for that I guess.
>>
File: 81c.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
81c.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>47685513
>>
>>47685950
Go back to your loom, grandpa.
>>
I hate apple because it's the CANCER affecting this board every day with shills spamming useless threads like this and m0ds don't give a shit because probably apple is providing 4chan with free servers, there's no other explanation why apple shills are allowed to freely roam in this board.

Also, sage and kill yourself.
>>
>>47681456
>Smartphones
Obvious progress. Blackberry and Palm were already making smartphones. Only thing Apple did was sell it better leveraging it's customer base from iPod sales.
Oh, and before you try it, no the iPod didn't push the market forward nor did iTunes (some would even argue that iTunes moved things backwards with DRM).
>Tablets
Same thing.
>Thin laptops
Ditto
>Smartwatches
A little early to call this "pushing the industry forward" not to mention how Apple was late to the game.
>USB C
Still too early and I'd argue that the execution is retarded. Instead of widely adopting it on all Mac models they limit it to one port on one model. If you that is "pushing the industry forward" you have a poor idea of how to push anything.
>>
>>47685988
>announcing sage
>>
File: 790531-ragyo_kiryuin.png (734 KB, 1125x781) Image search: [Google]
790531-ragyo_kiryuin.png
734 KB, 1125x781
>>47681456
DIE IN A FIRE ALL YOU FASHION LOVING F*CKERS!!

Wether you like iPhones or any other smart phone, they all server to devide us and are part of our shitty value disorder driven anti-economic system anyway. Fact is: If you can get it in a best buy, it's not technology, it's fashion.

Beethoven warned us of this...
>>
>>47685513
Someone gets it!
>>
File: rekt.png (533 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
533 KB, 2000x1500
>>47681573
>>47681609
>>47683854
>>47681633
>for the same money we can get a much better computer with a better OS.

Hahahaha! No you can't!

Apple. Making your life better one computer at a time. ;P


>>
>>47686011

What did beethoven warn us about? I dont see any quotes saying anything about fashion.
>>
>>47681456
I don't think the company hosts bad hardware, but just isn't worth the money. If the machines were 300 bucks I am sure more people here would likely purchase it because for most peoples purposes, it would compete with netbooks and is worth that much in their eyes.

From what I can only assume, the problem most people have with Apple products is the obnoxious fanbase. That really isn't a problem in itself, plenty of other products have a horrible fanbase, but applefags, like ponyfags and nintendrones, like to blow up their favorite shit as the only competitor in their market and actively create shit threads like this where they aren't welcome as shitty trolling attempts
>>
>>47686177
Yeah, the Apple fanbase is almost as bad as the Apple hate crowd.
>>
>>47686199
Except that is wrong. On /g/ alone, Apple fans make threads like this one, intended for trolling, daily. They start it off with controversial topics or with false ignorance like this one, just to incite a flamewar.

>So, WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING A MACBOOK?
>APPLE DOES IT AGAIN
>>needing more than one port
>why does everybody hate apple? they do everything better than everybody else!

This is fucking DAILY. Sometimes more than once. It is the same fucking people
>inb4 faggots claiming muh false flag
nobody gives a fucking shit, my problem with it isn't that it gets posted, but that mods don't give a fucking shit and it stays up until 349 posts and 71 image replies and gets bumped off naturally
>>
>>47686245
Yesterday I reported an OBVIOUS shill thread, in the same thread I replied "op is a shill" and after 10 minutes my post was deleted while the thread was still up. I believe there's some mod taking bribes to allow Apple to shill on 4chan.
>>
>>47686245
I in all honesty absolutely believe there are apple shills on /g/. It has become beyond a meme and I believe there are active shills and/or fanboys shitting up the board with their nonsense. It's ridiculous. Somebody should really do something about this.
>>
>>47686300
Could it be that some shill managed to get moderator account too? I'm planning to make a daily thread "/rts/ - Report The Shill" to help clean up /g/ but I wonder how many bans it's gonna get me, not like I care (dyn IP).
>>
>>47686274
That probably isn't too far off. Plenty of mods release pictures of the mod IRC among other shits, I don't save any of them though, probably should start. Half of them are legitimate SJWs, and probably have other biases like fanboyism and get legitimately offended when others talk shit their favorite products.
>>
File: foil-fedora.jpg (132 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
foil-fedora.jpg
132 KB, 500x446
>>
>>47686403
Regardless of how crazy it sounds, mods need to start doing their jobs.
>>
File: 1427606571603.jpg (19 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1427606571603.jpg
19 KB, 353x334
>>47686486
>>
>>47686128
Beethoven's 9th. Kinda famous.

[...] "Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die MODE streng geteilt, alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt"

Your magic binds together what FASHION strongly devides us into. All humans will be brothers [...]

He recognized the true definition of fashion. The German word for fashion "Mode" is also a bit broader in it's meaning, including trends and tradiotions in the mix.
>>
>Smartphones
They haven't done that since the first iPhone.
>Tablets
Samsung tablets are far more powerful than iPad. They have a file manager, Firefox with add-ons, Wacom pens, more RAM, multi-window...
>Thin Laptops
The difference from other manufacturers is not so much anymore. This isn't 2012.
>Smartwatches
Apple Watch is not a smartwatch. It is the same thing as taking your iPhone out and swiping down.
>USB C
It's just another Firewire or Thunderbolt.
>>
>>47681559
grapes ARE poisonous to foxes, y'know
>>
>>47681456
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>47681479
The SP is "theoretically innovative." The iPad is, at this very moment, being used in flight, surgery, sales, government and design.

The form factor argument is valid. Sure if I build a screwdriver with a fat handle it can be used as an "innovative hammer." What Apple did with the iPad was create a better hammer.
>>
>>47681818
this was actually a great post
>>
I used to not like apple cause their shit was overpriced but their shit is more reasonable now so meh.
>>
>>47688137
The last reasonably priced computer they made was 2008 Unibody Aluminum MacBook.
>>
>>47686087
What about the dell xps 13?
>>
>>47681456
>>Smartphones
This is good
>>Tablets
This is a toy, thus not worth caring about
>>Thin Laptops
This is terrible. I hate that fucking everything needs to be paper thin. Things need to be lightweight enough to be easy to carry, but there's a line to be drawn when it comes to limitting performance, battery life, and durability for it. A laptop is portable, it should be undamaged by a reasonable drop.
>>Smartwatches
This is a toy
>>USB C
This got rid of legacy support in favor of "lol I have to keep flipping my USB because it's in le super position XDDD". Fuck the trend of having less ports on laptops.
>>
>>47681818
>existed before Apple made them

Since when has Apple ever claimed to be first at any of them? Their entire business model revolves around making things that work *better*. And the consumer obviously agrees that they succeed.
>>
>>47681456
why did you post a bunch of useless toys? They hide the true power of the hardware behind a shiny interface and sexy packaging, and you call that "pushing the industry forward"?
>>
>>47681456
Cause their tech is restrictive as fuck...
>>
>turned mobile phones into terrible touchscreen appstore shit monstrocities
>tablets are garbage
>thin laptops are fucking stupid, if a portable fucking computer isn't built like a brick, what's the fucking point
>smartwatches are fucking stupid, watches are obsolete technology
>usbc is laughably bad
>>
>>47685413

>my feeble, faggy arms can't hold more than the weight of 1 cock at a time
>>
>>47683837

What's the problem with it? I've had very few problems with brew, it's basically the exact same as FreeBSD's ports tree.
>>
>>47681456
god I hate you apple fags

Quicksilver dies in Age of Ultron and Vision can carry Thors Hammer
>>
>>47685413
You know what the Surface is good at? Being a computer, unlike your facebook and candy crush devices
go lick some more iShafts, faggot
>>
>>47681456
>Literal cult
Checkmate, iCultists!
>>
Samefag on this here thread
>>
>>47681456
Apple is actually holding back human evolution by dumbing everything down.
>>
>not having Linux, osx, and Windows and actually using the right tool for the job
>>
Apple takes old ideas and brings them to the plebs.

The iPhone was the most important thing they've done, though.
>>
File: bxhwndmciaav70q.jpg (87 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
bxhwndmciaav70q.jpg
87 KB, 704x480
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.