[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lower back injury
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
Help /fit/

One month ago I think I injured my lower back after doing many light deadlifts after heavy ones tho nothing bothered me at the time. Pain was getting worse and one week later woke up with the worst pain but still went to the gym to do deadlifts and squats. Squats really bothered my lower back. After that day on I went another week to the gym and did no stuff that could bother my lower back. This last week I even took a break from the gym. It's better but I still wake up with pain, get it while sitting a lot or from sudden movements. Took some anti inflammatory pills and gels but they didn't do much. I also have some anterior pelvic tilt, could that delay healing? Anyone had this or something similar?

tl;dr Injured back 4 weeks ago, better, but still not enough.

Please /fit/, I've beek working out for 9 months or so, I was making the slowest progress but still making enough to be noticed by regular folks. I don't want to be set back by this and lose everything I worked so hard for. I always get set back in the gym eventually and it's driving me crazy.
>>
Is this dr manhattan
>>
>>37036553
Yes, he made an x-ray of his body so people on /fit/ get attracted and answer my quesiton.
>>
File: 1447599167974.png (327 KB, 590x624) Image search: [Google]
1447599167974.png
327 KB, 590x624
>>37036500
I have lower back problems so here's what you do.

For the immediate pain
>Get some epsom salt
>Pour a bunch in the tub
>Like 1/3 the bag
>Make the bath hot AF
>Sit in bath for 30+ minutes
>Do this everyday it hurts
The salt and bath will help with the muscle tension and such but there will be some left over soreness from the area hurting for so long.

Now for the long term issues
>Go to the cunting chiropractor
>Don't do retarded shit
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 400x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 400x193
I pulled a muscle in my back doing deadlifts like this and spent a few days walking with a cane. Rest it up OP. Muscles like erector spinae are used more than you realise and not giving yourself decent time to recovery will fuck you up in the long run. I know taking a month off from all lifting is a scary prospect but it's what you have to do of you ever want to lift properly again. Remember to adjust your diet for the downtime and deload when you start up again and you'll be be ok
>>
>>37036629
Isn't chiropractic just holistic medicine bullshit?
>>
i think i have snapped my si joint slighty

i dont feel intense pain or anything when after dl and squats i feel this tingling rest of the day

anyone any experience with this?
>>
>go for a walk outside
>dont sit on your ass all day because you're afraid to hurt your back
>google for lower back stability and mobility
>if the pain doesn't get less after a few weeks, go to a physio
>>
>>37036629
I have shower cabins at dorms not tubs and epsom salt is expensive here it seems. I'll only be able to use it for a few days till I return so not worth it.

Also chiropractors are very expensive so that's out of the question too.

I do use hot water on my lower back when I shower and hopefully I'll get an appointment to the doctor soon.

>>37036694
A months seems a bit too much, considering one month already passed. And considering I didn't rest right after I doubt resting will do much now.

>>37036792
Doing exercises for treating anterior pelvic tilt any good, 2 birds one stone kind of thing? How much more should I wait till I go to the doc's?
>>
>>37036737
Only if you got to a shit one.

Mine took an x-ray and sat there with me after he looked it over. It was obvious my vertibrae were tilted at very awkward angles and my hip was tilted. As well as you could see what was damaged which was that the lowest disc was depressed and had some loss from all the pressure.

The way he helped it was using a tool to try and force the vertibrae back into a regular position every day for about a week and me putting a small lift in my shoe to keep the hips aligned. It fucking worked.

>>37036861
Honestly even using it for the short while you have the tub available will really help. Epsom salt is also like $6 for a massive bag and it has immediate results.

Also check for a chiro who takes normal insurance, a non-quack will.
>>
>>37036911
How much should I use for one bath tho? The prices here are around $15 for 1kg(2.2lbs).

Also I don't think a chiro is covered by insurance in my country. It's something extra and they are all expensive.
>>
>>37036978
>$15
Where the fuck you buying it boy, Whole Foods? Canada?

I usually use 1/3 of the bag because it works well enough.
>>
>>37036500
I hurt my back a few months ago and I still feel it from time to time. Stretching helps.
>>
>>37037017
Shitty Eastern European country where this is not something common and more of a novelty "fancy" item that only a few stores have available and thus considering this and import taxes you get this price.
>>
>>37037053
Anything in particular or any stretch for the lower back is good?
>>
File: ggstalker.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ggstalker.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
>>37037062
Cheeki breeki.
>>
>>37036861
If it's muscle injury it can be a month and a half ish to heal. If it's a disk or other spine injury it can be 6+ months.
>>
File: aVXNYEK_700b[1].jpg (68 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
aVXNYEK_700b[1].jpg
68 KB, 700x465
>>37037112
Not that far east tho.

>>37037158
Hopefully it's just a muscle thing, because I assume a bone problem would be much more painful and debilitating, right, right??
Anyway thank you all for your replies. I will go the doctor's soon, still go at it easier in the gym and see where this goes. Hope it will be alright in the end.
>>
>>37037278
My disk injury isn't so bad unless I lift heavy shit repeatedly. I usually get worse pain after my pt but hopefully it heals up eventually
>>
File: remiq.net_14077 (1).png (578 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
remiq.net_14077 (1).png
578 KB, 680x544
>>37037278
Close enough.

Sounds more like a muscular thing.

> I will go the doctor's soon, still go at it easier in the gym and see where this goes.
Do this, comrade.
>>
>>37037090
Warrior lunge, cobra, downward dog, cat & camel

If you don't train abs directly and you do just deads and squats you could have a muscle imbalance between back & abs. That is how I hurt myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>37036861
You haven't rested it for a month though. From what you've said you've continued lifting and only had a few days of actual down time since the injury. Listen to your body man. Pic related, my cane
>>
>>37037363
Fuck, I always thought that heavy squats, deads and ohp would hit abs enough, and considering I was bulking and abs are all diet I never worked them directly. Now I know better that indirect work is not enough to replace direct targeting. Makes sense, if the abs are not strong enough to take enough of the load, the lower back is overworked and prone to injury. God dammit. Once I'll get over it I'll start hitting abs too, thanks man.

>>37037454
Damn. Good thing you are better now. Also I thought that since the initial period passed resting up won't help any longer you know? Well I don't want to risk it so I might take time off if it's really what it takes, but could I swim in that off time? Being completely sedentary would really bring me down.
>>
>>37037579
Swimming seems like it would be ok. Avoid anything that puts additional pressures remain strain on your spine/back.
>>
>>37036500
Muscle relaxants and learn the abdominal brace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3n8z1wy_SQ
>>
>>37036500
How do you know you have an anterior pelvic tilt? I suspected I did pretty much my entire adult life until I started working with a coach about 2 years ago.

My lower back is a mess with fractured vertebrae and blown discs but I began SS with a SS cert'd coach about two years ago so don't give up. My guess is you've slipped some disc material and it's inflamed a nerve. if so, you need to control the inflammation of the nerve and surrounding tissue with advil or alieve daily, allow the drug to build up in your system for a few days then stay on the regimen. What really sucks is if you don't nip the inflammation in the bud it can seize surrounding muscles and press on the nerve more. It's just going to take time. Meticulous form, straight back, and you can make it brah, it's possible even for a cripple like me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.