[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So basically as a beginner the best programs are SS, SL and Greyskull.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
34 KB, 480x270
So basically as a beginner the best programs are SS, SL and Greyskull.
Main differences? Somebody who tried more than one has any advice? Basically which do you think it's better and why.
>>
They're all pretty similar.

SS has the advantage of coming with basically a bible for the lifts since it was intended for both athletes and for coaches to help teach the proper forms and lifting cues. The main drawbacks are that Power Cleans can be tricky for the beginner to learn properly, and it's considered more lower body intensive if you don't add in the suggested accessories (dips, and chins/pullups).

SL has you starting off with lower weight than the other routines due to the extra sets it demands (5x5 instead of 3x5 that the other routines have), however these extra sets are also good in learning the form through doing. Eventually, though, the extra sets can become more of a hindrance, so it would be more ideal to move on to a lower set routine to continue to maximize linear progress (adding weight to the lifts every session).

Greyskull includes curling into the mix, but mainly focuses on 2 barbell compound lifts a day instead of the 3 that the other routines have. It also has the protocol in place with the last set allowing for a little faster progression to take advantage of the relatively lower overall muscle fatigue the program allows.

Then there's similar routines that have the same compound movement concepts but also add in accessories for more aesthetic purposes like Reg Park's beginner routine, which is the one I started with until I developed my own routine based off that.

In short, no one is better than the other because they all have their strengths and weaknesses. If you have 0 clue about form, I'd look into starting with SL, then moving onto SS if you can get your hands on the book and really nail your form down. Greyskull seems to be more advantageous if you want to get into powerlifting a little quicker than you would on SS. And if you want a bit more of a visually balanced physique for aesthetic purposes, then try Reg Park's.

Otherwise the routines will do pretty much the same thing ultimately, which is get you stronk.
>>
PICK ONE.

DO IT FOR A FEW MONTHS UNTIL YOUR LIFTS ARE UP.

SWITCH TO TEXAS METHOD.

CONTINUE TO GROW AND GET STRONGER.

ONCE YOU REACH ADVANCED, RUN PEAKING PROGRAMS.
>>
>>36817095
What's the best intermediate program?

Texas vs Madcow vs ????

I want to do Texas after SS but rarely see anyone post Texas program bodies. I always see PPL folks here
>>
>>36817095
WHICH ONE. AND WHY
>>
>>36817095
>Texas method
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooL
>>
I'm in this wierd position, I've been doing Push/Pull/Legs for like 2,5 years (first year training like a total fucking retard so say 1,5 year "seriously") and I've definetely gotten stronger and made gains but I'm not lifting alot of wheight because I've ALWAYS been training for hypertrophy every workout and I'm thinking of trying something like SS/SL just to increase my strength and then move on to a more bodybuilding-ish type of split but I don't know where to start since I'm not a complete beginner but maybe it doesn't matter what program I choose?
>>
>>36816901

Personally, Greyskull.

pros:

progression moves at a natural pace, sometimes faster and sometimes slower than a strict linear progression

though obviously not a hypertrophy routine, it doesn't completely sacrifice aesthetics in the name of strength

weighted pullups are the GOAT upper body lift and noobs ignore them

frequency method for bodyweight workouts keeps you in decent cardio condition while assisting your lifts instead of sacrificing gains

cons:

your deadlift will lag and you will eventually need to change up the lower body scheduling for this reason
>>
>>36816901
Hey man, I'm currently on greyskull after 3 months of stronglifts. I plateaued at stronglifts and started progressing again on greyskull, I'd say both programs are good, but stronglifts is better for getting started and greyskull for advancing

No experience with starting strength, got trust issues towards ripletits.
>>
>>36816901
>Tfw hopped on madcow and slightly tweaked the routine a bit
>Squat went from 185-315 in 2 months
>>
How about SS with all the accessories
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.