[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WORK FOOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
What food do you take to work /fit/? Need something that's filling and high in protein for work meals.
>>
I don't work.
>>
File: 439878978957985.jpg (47 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
439878978957985.jpg
47 KB, 600x382
>>36814238
>>
>>36814238
I work at home.

Shit's hectic, so I still tend to prepack or go with simple things. My most common lunch is a can of tuna with yellow mustard on 12-grain toast.

Often I'll do something in the pressure cooker on Sunday, like a loosely Mexican flavored pulled chicken. I'll eat on that all week. Usually as part of a salad. I try to emulate my usual double black bean, double chicken, no rice, salad from Chipotle.

My roommate packs whatever he had as leftovers the night before when he was watching his wife's kids. Often pasta.

(He's not going to make it.)
>>
>>36814238
I'll usually just throw some chicken or beef in one container and some kinda spinach salad in another. Easy.
>>
>>36814238
leftovers from dinner
>>
Ground turkey, cauliflower, brown rice. Every. Fucking. Day.

Hey, at least it's not fucking chicken breast.
>>
>>36814861
Don't you badmouth the walking bird of gains. Dems fightin' words 'roud these parts.
>>
>Get a big ass pot and or slow cooker
>Cook all my food in advance
>Do big one pot batches of shit
>Everytime I cbf cooking (like ~2 - 3 times a week) double or triple the recipe (8-12 serves)
>Stew, Chilli, Taco meat chicken instead of beef, with extra veg / sweet potato, etc
>Or cook like half of something, so curried sausages veg / sauce or pasta sauce, only have to add rice / pasta
>Freeze everything in flat packed zip locked bags
>Have ~30 meals in the freezer at all times

Pull shit out night before work defrost it, if you avoid freezing stuff that tastes like shit after being frozen you can't even tell the difference, never eat shit again.
>>
>>36814238
meat vegetables carbs
chicken/pork/beef/turkey/fish (cooked ahead of time)
any fucking vegetables (steam in bag)
pasta/rice/potato(cooked ahead)

i put a mix of the three in a plastic container and eat it twice a day while at work...
>>
>>36814238

If you want something high in protein and filling red beans and rice is very filling and high in protein.
>>
>>36815311
>red beans
eating at work

pick one
>>
>>36815396
Pre soak the beans.
A little baking soda when boiling them will help reduce gas.

I eat beans at work all the time.
>>
last week I done this
boiled 6 chicken thighs
had a pan of mince beef onion and black been sauce
and a pan of turkey mince with onion and garlic in it.

then after that was cooked a pan of sweet potatoes,rice and a broccoli and green beans.

That made 6 meals and took about an hour.

then I would take in a tin of tuna with a potato or bread in or a pack of eggs in.
>>
Pasta with grilled chicken and pesto, it's dellish cold as well for when I don't have access to a microwave.
>>
>>36814826
> his wife's kids.
>>
>>36816359
Yeah. That's what I was implying.

But really, they're just going through a divorce. He's been watching the kids at night this week while she goes through the mandatory training for her new waitressing job. She hasn't worked in about 6 years since the oldest was born. Now that he's leaving her, she feels like maybe getting a job is important.

I still think he's been beta as fuck for their whole relationship, and this is the inevitable result of when a man refuses to step up and be the head of the household.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.