[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do these actually work? What muscles exactly are they sup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 765882.jpg (9 KB, 287x251) Image search: [Google]
765882.jpg
9 KB, 287x251
So do these actually work? What muscles exactly are they supposed to help with, just the biceps and the breast muscles?
Why on earth would I buy such a big machine for those muscles, the breast and biceps are the easiest to train.

I dont get it. I want a way to easily train my shoulder blade muscles but this stuff doesnt seem right either.
I already bought a whole bunch of fitness machines and my apartement (literally) doesnt have room for much more than 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSWd-WIosU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06yyhbdra4
>>
>>36667181
Not sure if bait, but i'll bite.

>So do these actually work?
Yes, unless you have a broken one, in which case the seat will probably stick, and you wont be able to pull the cable.

>What muscles exactly are they supposed to help with
The one inside your chest, its a cardio exercise.
But you will be getting muscle activation in your back, arms, legs and core.

>I dont get it. I want a way to easily train my shoulder blade muscles but this stuff doesnt seem right either.
Because it isn't.
You want to train your back, do pullups, or actually pick up some weights, rather than trying to find some fancy machine.

Again, this is a machine primarily for training cardiovascular fitness, not training your muscles.
>>
obviously it's mainly cardio but you cannot avoid working your legs, core, back, shoulders and biceps (why do you think it works pecs?)
>>
File: Personal_Trainer_TRX.jpg (32 KB, 250x207) Image search: [Google]
Personal_Trainer_TRX.jpg
32 KB, 250x207
>>36667323

ok thank you. Can I ask you another question?
Do you know if these work?
It seems intuitively that it should make workouts a little more varied / flexible and fun because the muscles get trained every so slightly from different angles.
But this thing costs 300€ and I honestly dont see how some of these exercises make any sense.
For example look at the pic related here, what on earth is this training? You are literally just using your bodyweight with gravity to fall against some straps. Uh ok? That is like a pushup except a million times easier because you arent even close to horizontal right?
>>
>>36667181
i did this for the first time today and it was meh. a tread mill or bike works x10 better
>>
>>36667569
Only benefit is improving stability and balance while performing bodyweight routines.
It's designed to help you lose weight, removing all that heavy money from your wallet by charging you $300 for $30 of nylon strap with a handle on it.
>>
>>36667569
Probably harder than a pushup because you need to stop your hands/arms from moving to the sides (and making you fall on your face).
>>
File: 1456783363346.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1456783363346.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>this thread
>>
>shoulder blade muscle
lol

anyway varsity rower here
those machines are GOAT cardio. look up proper form, because I gave never once in my life seen a non-rower sit on an erg and use it correctly. set the resistance to 3-4 to simulate water, this is the setting we use to train.

rowing is largely a leg sport with some back support. the erg will foremost give you quad and calf gains, with some back and lots of cardio benefits thrown in

beyond that, it still engages just about every major group short of your chest. I noticed a significant broadening of back and shoulders, while my arms (bis mainly. forearms are strong) lagged slightly and my chest was absolutely pitiful coming out. my bench is miles behind my OHPs, rows and squats relatively speaking.

if anyone here thinks they don't work, try rowing properly for 60 minutes at least at a 2:00/500m pace. that is considered casual, steady state amateur pace. You can also do HIIT or any intensity in between on the erg
>>
>>36670552
What school?
>>
>>36667569
>that internal shoulder rotation
>>
It's a pretty dank warmup for pull day m8.
I love these things.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.