[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>post yfw you realized protein has a T.E.F of 25-35%. Man,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 325325325.jpg (28 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
325325325.jpg
28 KB, 300x242
>post yfw you realized protein has a T.E.F of 25-35%.

Man, no wonder I looked worse on IIFYM with less calories. I lowered my protein and increased carbs/fats while on IIFYM and literally my body-composition got worse.

Now I am back to high protein on the same exact calories and I am losing bodyfat and looking more muscular again.

High protein literally isn't a fucking myth, I actually do look much better when eating like 200-250g protein a day compared to only 100-150g per day.

The only issue for me now is that I am a cheap fuck, so spending extra money on having more protein everyday hurts my jew savings account.
>>
>>36701387
same here, plus its easier to cut on a high protein diet because im way more satisfied after a salad loaded with tuna than a few slices of bread.
>>
>>36701387
What's the problem with flexible dieting? lol high-protein flexible dieting is still flexible dieting.
>>
>>36701405
That is also true. I just wish eating this amount of protein wasn't so fucking expensive.

If I wasn't lifting I'd be spending like $1-2 day on food at the most.

I tried eating 100-150g protein per day for like 6 months straight and I just lost size/strength and BF went up. When I up'd protein having minimum 200g per day again, the size/strength came back and BF went down.

I just hate the fact I came to this conclusion, because in reality - I actually don't like eating all this fucking protein, I don't enjoy it, but the results I get doing it are too good to pass up.
>>
>>36701405

I eat almost 400g protein a day, its the only way I feel satisfied. My breakfast is 4 eggs, 6 egg whites, and 1.5lbs of chicken breast. Dinner is the same, except I add 1/2 lb of 96 lean ground beef (and carb-demon 1lb of Russet Potatoes)

High protein is the only way I don't cave and eat a dozen costco muffins in one sitting.
>>
l2eatfiber
>>
>>36701387
You understand that you decide what your macros are on a IIFYM diet right?
>>
this has to be the most fucking dumb thread I've seen this year. you didn't and still don't know what you're doing. don't even attempt giving advice until you look good and have learned biology/diet basics please.
>>
i am interested in your story bro.

What is T.E.F?

What are your macros now?
>>
>>36701572
What are you on about?

I manipulated my macros, increased protein, decreased carbs/fats, but still came out with the same total calorie figure, and my body-composition improved drastically for the better, leaner and more muscular.

This happened because the carbs and fats I was consuming weren't being used for anything besides fat storage. When I replaced the same calories with protein, my body composition improved because the protein has a much greater T.E.F ratio and the protein was being used for adding non-fat mass to my frame.

Don't ever tell me I don't know what I am talking about ever again, thank you.
>>
>>36701609
T.E.F is the thermic effect of food.

fat is 5%
carbs is 10-15%
protein is 25-35%

my macros before were

150g protein
300g carbs
80g fat
(2520 cal)

my macros now are (im much leaner and more muscular on these macros)

250g protein
250g carbs
60g fat
(2540 cal)
>>36701572

>hurrr durrr u dun no w0t ur tulking bout! huarhuarhuar,

Really?, look at my macros.
>>
>>36701612
you should literally read the sticky or something because you don't understand basics of building muscle and metabolism. perhaps you look better than before but it's not because of more protein. people like you is why this is a terrible place for someone looking for advice.
>>
>>36701680
READ THIS >>36701667

I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, STOP ACTING LIKE YOURE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE YOU PRETENTIOUS CUNT. MY FUCKING CALORIES ARE LITERALLY THE SAME, ACTUALLY THEYRE 20 MORE NOW IN TOTAL IF YOU WANT TO NITPICK.

EXPLAIN HOW I LOST FAT AND GAINED MUSCLE ON THE SAME CALORIES?????????? WITH THE ONLY CHANGE BEING THAT I INCREASED PROTEIN AND DECREASED CARBS AND FATS. HAHAHA FAGGOT YOU CANT EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE I AM SMARTER THAN YOU LOL, GG NO RE NOOB, REKT, 360 NO SCOPED, FARMED, JUST LEAVE NOOB/
>>
>>36701667
dude, what the hell do you eat that has so much protein?

tips on food?
>>
>>36701733
>dude, what the hell do you eat that has so much protein?

Lot's of WPC, I cannot hit 250g protein on 2500 calories in total without it. I could, but I don't feel like eating 1 kilogram of chicken everyday. Just easier to take multiple scoops of whey everyday. My whey is 118 calories for 24g protein, I usually eat 4 serves of whey throughout the day in the middle of other smaller meals.

I really hate spending so much money on hitting those macros, but the proof is in the pudding, I've tried low-moderate protein, the results are shit. My body does reacts REALLY well to high protein. Luckily enough I have a good job and lots of disposable income.
>>
>>36701680
It sounds like you skimmed the basics and decided that you know all there is to know. You're that faggot who finally solved X/3 + X^2 = 15 and claims to be a master at advanced calculus.
>>
>>36701721
post pictures, stats and routine. maybe then you could prove ANYTHING. if you think only macros can change your look, and it appears that's the case, you're literally retarded and/or uneducated.
>>
>>36701572
Tell us what is so biologically arrogant about this? This is completely true. Go read some research faggot and stop acting like you're better than everyone else.
>>
>>36701572
You're the retard. The thermic effect of food isn't accounted for when they come up with the food nutrition labels. Calories in/out still applies.
>>
I'm already having trouble reaching 125g protein per day. How the hell am I supposed to get to >200g? I don't have the time/money to cook on the daily.
>>
>>36701858
Proton powders were made for this.
>>
>>36701858
I hate supplement companies but im the same, i struggle to get 100g from food. I rely on whey protein concentrate to hit my protein requirements.

ive tried the whole 100g< protein is all you need meme and it just doesn't fucking work.

just gotta stop being a stingy cunt and pay for the whey, bro, unless you want to eat 2 pounds of meat a day...lol
>>
>>36701858
he said that already

supplements is the way to go if you want to do that

really hard otherwise
>>
>>36701387
>200-250g
retarded
>>
>>36701916
2 liters of milk
250g of chicken

boom 110g of protein
>>
>>36701925
You sound like me when I was in my "YOU DONT NEED THAT MUCH PROTIEN BRO YOURE GETTING SCAMMED ITS ALL MARKETING GIMMICK TO SELL MORE PROTEIN BRO" days.

Then after 6 months of "YOU DONT NEED THAT MUCH PROTIEN BRO YOURE GETTING SCAMMED ITS ALL MARKETING GIMMICK TO SELL MORE PROTEIN BRO" and i started to lose size and strength (after lifting for several years on high protein) i realized it wasn't a meme.

I was literally deteriorating in terms of size and strength when i lowered my protein in-take to "conspiracy theory" levels, which was like 0.62g per lb. Now that Im back at 1.3-1.5g protein per lb my gains have come back, lost fat and im back to making gains again ( ON THE SAME TOTAL CALORIES)

I get it, you don't want to spend the money on more protein, I was the same. I wish the low protein meme was real, it's not, it's fucking false. At least for me, my body needs high protein, if you do great on low protein, good for you, it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>36701871
>>36701916
>>36701917
Well shit bros. Guess I'll try it out.
>>
>>36702015
So I just calculated a bit.
>1000g powder = 21,9 €
>60g powder per day for 46,2g protein
>it'll last for 16 days
Shit's expensive, not sure if I'm willing to spend that much.
>>
>>36702210
It's your gains man. Chicken is also pretty cheap, and you can cook it like once a week and then freeze the rest, that's what I'm doing since I'm too cheap to buy whey atm.
>>
>>36702265
In America. For some reason it's expensive in parts of Europe.
>>
>>36702210

The lifting lifestyle done right isn't cheap. If money is an issue you should focus on that before taking lifting so seriously. Not saying you should buy tons of meme supplements, but you need the proper nutrients to get the best results out of your time spent lifting, that means at the very least getting protien powder if you can't eat enough protien from food.
>>
>>36702437
I live in Finland and get 2kg of boneless, skinless chicken breast for 7.20€.
>>
>>36701387
Post picture of your food dairy overview and statistics and picture of your self with date and show us. Or gtfo
>>
>>36702437
Buy the economy or family size packages. Its much less expensive. Get eggs and canned tuna. Compare the prices of different brands and see which one gets you the most value per euro/dollar/etc.

I used to live in France and prices at the grocery store was 2-4x the prices of that in the US. Still managed to afford tons of protein with some strategic shopping.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.