[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1000x664
How's the cut going?

>Tfw 5 days and I still haven't fully recovered from Easter
>>
>>36606343
Great, actually.

Down to 301 this morning from 343 back in February.

I've flirted with sub 300 for 2 weeks now and something always got in the way. 2 weeks ago, my grandmother made some corn beef hash that was incredibly salty and I just couldn't drop the water weight for a few days. Then Easter was last Sunday and she made basically carbs on top of carbs.

i'm not letting anything get in the way this weekend. My friends will invite me out for drinks tonight and tomorrow, I will tell them to fuck off both times.
>>
>>36606393
Eating big salty meals will stall your progress for a few days for sure. It's pretty scary but you can laugh about it later.
>>
>Started cutting Jan 1 (kek)
>260lbs
>Dropped to 230 in 2.5 months (based waterweight)
>Fucked up last week, badly
>257lbs
>I've already gone from 285->177 before I went back to my old ways just before end of last year, hitting 260...
>>
>>36606343
Just got 2 more lbs in my cut (after 70) and I'm on track to lose it by next week. The week after that I'm going to the beach, looking forward to being able to go shirtless without feeling ashamed.
>>
>>36606343
meh, actually started today to really cutting..again.
Because last 3 days i was just "mantaining" since i hit the 8 weeks weight loss goal 3 days before the dead line..
from 108 to 95 now, and keep going..lacking some motivation today but whatever, sticking to my 1500 cals
>>
I'm 6'2", started at 196 and now I'm down to 179. Luckily, my arms have actually grown during the cut. My abs still arent visible though. My lovehandles, nips, and lower stomach are where all my remaining fat is. I'm eating at 1000 calorie deficit and losing an average of 2 pounds a week. When will this last fat come off? I don't wanna be below 170 if I can help it.
>>
Day 9 no soda or beer. Watching my calories. The past few days have been fine but man, today I am just hungry as hell.
>>
>tfw adderall makes you pee out 7 pounds of water weight in a week
>>
good
Went from 95,7 kg to 87,4 kg since Christmas and I do not starve myself (eat rice, thai sweet sauce, with muh chicken), as well as fried potatoes from time to time ,fatty fishes, eggs with bacon.
>>
>>36606393
Iktf man. I hit below 200 last weekend but went back up after Easter. Can't fucking wait to get below 200 and stay there. For fucks sake, I thought I was almost below 200 like 2-3 weeks ago but I'm still 201 today.
>>
>>36606343
>tfw cutting
>tfw costed family for Easter and they were sick.. Coughing without covering their mouth
>tfw Wednesday felt my throat getting sore
>tfw drank a whole bottle of NyQuil yesterday
>tfw woke up this morning felt like I swallowed a hand full of razor blades
>tfw didn't go to the gym today
>tfw probably won't go tomorrow
>>
>>36607521
Go get some antibiotics mate
>>
>>36607521
sickness is the woooorst, nothing you can do about it, you just feel it creeping on you and you know you'll be out for a week
>>
Been trying to hit macros and nutrient goals with broccoli. How to make taste better? Only way I can eat a shit ton is if its in broccoli chicken or mixed with Indian basmati rice
>>
>>36606343
i feel you breh, gained about 12 lbs from spring break.

i expected it though, i wasn't tracking shit and luckily most of it was water. i dropped 8 lbs of water within 2 days so im fine now that im back on track
>>
Down 22 pounds in 18 days
>>
File: mew3.jpg (173 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
mew3.jpg
173 KB, 1080x1080
Easter fucked my shit up, 4k empty calories, and I started to get addicted to sugar again. Back on track though.

Anyone have any /cutting/ ways to cook oatz?
>>
>>36607580
Thinly slice some garlic and mix it in with the broccoli.
>>
>>36606343

Confused atm.

>279 yesterday
>Eat the exact same thing I eat every day
>Start C25K - first day
>Wake up at 283

I'm on a PSMF - just about 900 calories daily so I know it's not a result of miscounting calories. Either I was sleep eating or I'm just hanging on to extra water weight.
>>
File: mew6.jpg (436 KB, 3000x2048) Image search: [Google]
mew6.jpg
436 KB, 3000x2048
>>36607580
Steam it in the microwave, boiled has shit texture.
I usually cover it in pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
>>
>>36607657
you're a big girl
>>
>>36606343
Pretty good. Easter fucked me up a tiny bit, but it was the following Monday/Tuesday that was actually bad.

Down to 161 since December 26th when I was at 192.
>>
>>36607671

Here's your 4(you)
>>
Could be going better but the progress is still there.

Started at 194 in February, touched 179 this morning.
>>
Gone from 235 (June) to 160 in February. I stalled there because I was sick of cutting and I was comfortable. Since then, I've managed to lose a few more pounds. My order of dnp will come in next week and then I'll try to get down to 140lbs and I'll have visible abs for the first time ever. Woo
>>
>>36607800
How tall are you?
>>
File: ha3TAvl.png (379 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ha3TAvl.png
379 KB, 600x338
It's been 2 months and I'm 25lbs down. My friends and family are starting to notice and ask for weight loss advice. I'm still a hamplanet and have a long way to go but it feels nice to see some progress.
>>
>>36607562
Don't feel like going to the doctors m8

>36607567
Hopefully I'm better by Monday
>>
>>36607800
Are you fucking five feet tall
>>
>>36607418
It's frustrating. I can't eat anything my family cooks because its loaded with hidden calories and salt. It just doesnt agree with me anymore. I feel hungry very shortly afterwards and i'm usually starving by the time I am ready for my own dinner that I make.

I've just learned that I have to be extremely selfish with my friends and family. I am doing something for myself and that means I wont be able to do certain things. I want nothing more than to go out to the bar tonight and try to pound some puss but im just going to lift after work, do some cleaning at home and eat a small meal. Tomorrow when I wake up I'll be under 300 for the first time in almost 4 years.
>>
>>36607886
Thankfully I'm an autist who lives alone so that gets rid of most of the temptation. You got this bro
>>
>>36607886
whoa man...are you me?
>>
>>36607809
>>36607822
5'7"
I don't want to hear your >manlet shit you humongous 400lb failures
>>
>>36606343
Down 7 pounds since the start of my cut (late February), but I probably gained 2 or so pounds this week
I don't know if IF is for me
>>
File: rapid3d[1].jpg (43 KB, 240x275) Image search: [Google]
rapid3d[1].jpg
43 KB, 240x275
>>36607657
Dear Rebecca Simmons,

You're not supposed to combine PSMF with cardio!

Read pic related from cover to cover. Then you'll be covered.
>>
Starting tomorrow. Looking to shed a few kilos to get shredded for my holiday in June.
>>
Cutting?? I thought summer was bulking season?
Maybe next year...
>>
top kek the google+ skin looks ok

>tfw been inconsistently cutting since February
>tfw have lost only 6kg
>tfw still no abs but have lovehandles
>>
File: skin.png (32 KB, 1986x1158) Image search: [Google]
skin.png
32 KB, 1986x1158
It's 19:16 right now, and I've consumed around 1060-70 calories.

30g Corn Flakes with 120ml milk
1 scoop of Myprotein vanilla whey isolate shake with 300ml milk
250g skinless chicken breast, with 80g mixed veg, and 75g white rice. I only had the white rice because I had some left over from when I switched to brown.

I don't know what to eat now. I can't remember the last time I went a full day without consuming any chocolate at all. But considering I still have more than 600-700 calories to play with, I'm not sure what to eat.

I don't feel hungry though. I've stopped feeling hungry at all. I feel a desire to eat, and I feel weak if I haven't eaten enough, but the feeling of hunger itself is almost non-existent.

Pic related is a chart I made keeping track of my body weight since I started lifting again late last year. I bulked a little too hard, so I lost 2 of the 6kg I gained. Then it stayed roundabout the same weight. Decided to start cutting properly on the 18th March, lost 3kg since then. Mostly water weight though. I never counted calories before.
>>
>>36608104

To my dearest Pauline Boyer,

I have received your missive and find it to be contradictory. The edition of Lyle McDonald's most opalescent work which I have in my possession neither recommends nor discourages additional cardio during the fast.

Rather, he posits recommended daily allowances of protein in the case of an individual choosing to perform aerobic activity.

While I find the mystery weight gain to be perplexing - though only a little discouraging - I must continue the cardio regime as I find it most enjoyable.

I'll take your care into consideration - if this delay in weight loss continues I will ablate my efforts.

Kind regards.
>>
>>36606343
TDEE 2800
Daily cals 1800
180g of protein, was 200+ but i started sweating a lot of nitrogen
Refeed every two weeks
Down 15lbs and looking better every day
>>
>was almost down to sub 200 for the first time since elementary school
>had a shitty day, ended up binging on easter candy my gainz goblin relatives gave me, then said fuckit and got some wings from a local bbq place
>woke up with a stomach ache
>fell back asleep
>feel like shit
>up to 207lbs

I'm never gonna make it, am I
>>
>>36608284
Don't worry, it's mostly water weight. Just watch your diet today and drink plenty of water.
>>
I binged and ate 1000 calories over my MFP goal...
I guess I can count today as my cheat day for the month, right?
>>
File: sno cone.png (15 KB, 924x153) Image search: [Google]
sno cone.png
15 KB, 924x153
>>36606343
>>36606343
> lmao leddit top kek

Yeah, yeah yeah. But grow up for a second and consider how fucking clutch this recipe is.
>>
i did bulletproof coffee this morning, and i pretty much completely forgot it's supposedly an appetite suppresant, and i am fucking killing it. nothing sounds good.
>>
>>36606343
FUCKING ANGRY MAN

Getting hungry brings out the worst in me, I literally live like a menstruating female
>>
File: smug.jpg (23 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
23 KB, 450x337
Ran a sneaky 20km today so im feasting and i'll still be under my calories for today
>>
File: 1443066842053.jpg (160 KB, 606x601) Image search: [Google]
1443066842053.jpg
160 KB, 606x601
>lose over 135 lbs with ease
>having trouble losing the last 70 or so
Why is it I feel hungrier than ever? I don't understand. I'm so fucking hungry, /fit/. I drink a gallon of water a day and I can't drink more.
It takes me like two weeks to lose one pound lately.
>>
>>36608470
What are your current stats? Are you lifting? When was the last time you fucked up on your diet?

If you've been cutting steady for the last couple of months, and doing physical activity to boot, I would recommend researching and executing a refeed day.
>>
>>36606343
Fuck asian food. I always do great until someone tells me to cook something spicy for them and I can't for the love of god stop eating. Want to drop to 130 from 140 and something always stops me when I get to 135.
>>
>>36608430
eat more saturated fat moron
>>
Need to lose about 15 pounds by may 27th which is a little under 2 pounds a week. Im accustomed to losing 3-5 pounds a week but this time im not going to rush my cut as I actually have some muscle to hold on to.
Im not going to count calories as I already have a good idea of what I consume and i am also going to be running a YohEC stack.
>>
File: 1406451394526.jpg (22 KB, 272x285) Image search: [Google]
1406451394526.jpg
22 KB, 272x285
>>36609386
>Im not going to count calories

You're fucking dumb. Don't come bitching to us when you don't lose as much as you want to.
>>
>>36609434
Yes because not counting calories means im just going to stuff my face with shit food all day and expect to lose weight. Sorry that some people actually have self control and are not fucking autists who need to count every calorie.
Like i said I already know what I how many calories are in what I eat and this isn't my first time cutting so ill be fine.
>>
Went form 220 to 200 at 6'5" since Jan 1st.

I'm an old guy and haven't not had a skinny-fat-gut since college. I'm a couple of weeks away from seeing abs. I just skipped breakfast, quit drinking milk, and didn't pig out at lunch and supper. I have a beech trip planned with the old lady in May.
>>
I need to lose about 20 pounds, how do I start?
>>
File: 1450894204232.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450894204232.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
Just weighed myself lads down to 272 from 285 three weeks ago. Have been dieting and doing cardio three days a week for the past two weeks. I wanna make it.
>>
>>36609617
200lb fat fuck here, down from 350.

Fucking stick with it bro, trust me. It'll be the best choice you ever make.
>>
>>36606443
How the fuck do you gain 27 lbs in a week? Did you go from keto to eating 5k carbs a day with 20g of sodium?
>>
>>36609634

Down to 280 from 375. Glad to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>36608205
>Inconsistently.
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>36606805
If you started with very little muscle mass, you may have to cut below 170 to actually be lean. There's no real point to cutting that far if you don't have anything underneath to show. Would probably be best to cut to a reasonable bf% then slowly gain while staying moderately lean.
>>
>>36607562
Yes, get antibiotics for your viral URI.
>>
>>36606343
Awful. I feel like I tried everything I can do right now.

I used to be 70kg (180cm, some genuine muscle but mostly fat). Got shoulder surgery, couldn't even go to/from work for 3 months. Up to 90kg I went (consequence of not moving an inch and keeping the same diet, I'm really surprised how much just walking 10 minutes a day burns though).

Still in rehab, so anything that requires shoulder movement is not a good idea, but I've tried starvation (lost 5kg, then nothing - tried going back to a regular diet and starving again, nothing after a month-long recovery period), and it has been one month since I've been doing 4x40s wintab-style HIIT 3x per week while eating 1600kcal/day. My weight hasn't budged a single gram in that time. In fact, it's so stable that it feels something's wrong - there's not even water retention variance to be seen.

So now I'm at 85kg and I haven't found a way to lose even a pound.

Help me, /fit/! I don't want to stay fat for another decade!
>>
>>36609634
Thank senpai these and fat hate threads keep me going. Grats on the weight loss, how long did it take you?
>>
>>36609651
>the keto meme again
When will it end?
>>
>>36609707

You don't even know if it's viral. Also he should go to a doctor, getting antibiotics that easy shouldn't be possible
>>
File: hello[1].png (192 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
hello[1].png
192 KB, 348x348
>>36609677
>light at the end of the tunnel
When I reach 12-15% bodyfat and lose my kv card, maybe.

There's no light to be found, or at least I haven't reached it yet, your eyes just get used to the dark. If you have the strength to stick with it (and at -100, you've shown that you do), the goalposts are going to be constantly moving backwards. Body dysmorphia will set in and that will fuck you up. You'll stop comparing yourself to average people and start comparing yourself to fit people, and HATE that you were ever weak enough to get that fat in the first place, and hate the disgusting slab of loose skin your body is now, and regret not starting your journey sooner...

At least, that's how it happened with me. Not trying to discourage you, don't get me wrong, I would much rather be 200lbs than 350lbs. Just trying to help prepare you for potential side effects of such a huge change.

We can all make it though, brah. All it takes is a little bit of effort and a lot of time.
>>
>>36609801

>his smile and optimism: gone

I just tell people I used to sumo wrestle.
>>
>>36609496
>I already know what I how many calories are in what I eat
In other words, you're counting. You're just not autistic about it. This is what most of us do, Lois.
>>
I was doing really well, 23 lbs down since the start of February and hitting my goals all over the place. I even did great over Easter last weekend. The past three days have been nuts, though-- it's like I've lost all semblance of self control. Four sushi rolls and three beers when i was out with my friend Wednesday, 150 g of chocolate yesterday, and I've been snacking literally since I woke up today (until about 2 hours ago when I forced myself to cut that shit out).

I'm still kinda doing okay Calorie-wise (only going over by 300-400 kcal on a 1000 kcal deficit), but my macros suck, as did my workout today.

I think I know one of the contributing factors (other than me being a weak-willed bitch) and if I'm right, then by next week the cravings should die down and my willpower should improve.
>>
File: kitty.jpg (42 KB, 202x300) Image search: [Google]
kitty.jpg
42 KB, 202x300
>>36610243
Everyone has a bad spells, key is to not give up entirely and things will turn around.
>>
>>36607521
Nyquil doesn't do much. You gotta get some antibiotics. Echinacea works wonders as well.
>>
>>36609651
Definitely over 10k kcals a day, probably more than 12k. Also I eat the worst of the worst, I easily gain over 10lbs of waterweight at my weight. Also, you have to include the amount of waste still inside of me when I weight myself, not much when cutting but loads after falling off wagon.
>>
I started mine two weeks ago, never did an official one before. Down from 215 to 209. Not tremendous but not too bad I feel, thanks for the help fellahs!
>>
Going good.

Doing this new fad diet called eating the same stuff as usual, but less of it.

Down 10 pounds already. Buy the book!
>>
>cutting
>went to amsterdam with friends for a week
>was literally smoking and eating junk food for an entire week
>came back feeling fat as fuck
>took me a few more days to get back on track and cut again
>weighed today
>expecting at least +5kg for before my trip
>down 3kg
u fokin wot
>>
>started this week at 185 on monday
>weighed myself today at 181
i feel fine, am i losing weight too fast?
>>
>>36612530
it's just water weight don't worry about it
>>
>>36612530
Yes. You should be losing very little
>>
>>36612530
>>36612544 This
>>36612554 Ignore this

In your first week you'll lose water weight from eating cleaner and have less waste inside you from eating less. Second week you might lose a little more then you expect too, but after that it'll be at the rate you expect, -1lb per 500kcal daily deficit.
>>
>>36612503
Probably just some fluid retention and a little muscle loss fella, wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>started at 230
>at 190 now, been at that weight for a week now
I don't want to eat less. It's time to kill my sick gainz with cardio.
I'll stop when I'm at 15% body fat.
Gym's easy. Cutting is fucking hard.
>>
is there a chart that shows ideal weight per height? like for decently muscular natural (no steroids) body?

im stuck at 18% bf now, it went down from like 25% when i started lifting, should i start cutting in my diet? i have some muscle but im not bulky, 195lbs and height is 6'3''
>>
>>36606343

Down to 183 from 240 back in October.

I didn't really take my diet ultra seriously until ~3 weeks ago when I started lifting. Weight's been falling off much more consistently since changing my diet and adding regular exercise + lifting on top of it.

I'm really close to my goal weight (165) and I'm super excited to get there (hopefully) soon.
>>
>>36612627
With your height and weight you're doing alright m8, I'm about half an inch shorter and 200 lbs at around the same bf and even I get mires.

20 lbs lighter though, and it'd be borderline skelly territory for me. If you want to look jacked at your height, shooting for 230-240 lbs with bf in the low to mid tens would be a good number to shoot for anon.
>>
>>36612738
thanks man thats what i was looking for, just still kind of new and not sure what a good ultimate goal is. i guess ill stay here and keep adding on muscle for a bit before trying to cut. just hate having a fucking little potbelly
>>
>>36608426
why would you put a bunch of grease in your coffee if you're cutting.... extra cals.......
>>
Down to 280 from 345. Diet has been solid, routine has been alright, made it through Easter without so much as a single sweet. Tonight I'm craving a stuffed-crust pizza. Haven't had pizza in months, still have ~1,000 calories for the day. I know I should just continue the cut and at the same time I know that the pizza won't really have an impact on my progress.

Don't know what to do.
>>
>>36612857
Don't do it. Be strong.
>>
Can I still put peanut butter on my oats on a cut?
>>
>>36612877
Most likely not, given how high in cal peanut butter is.
>>
>>36612869

Thanks, brah. Opted for steamed veg, lean beef, and sriracha instead.
>>
>>36613286
Good job. We're gonna make it through this.
>>
File: last100.png (146 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
last100.png
146 KB, 2560x1440
>>36606343
I feel you, man, fucking holidays.
>>
>>36608332
>over 1000
I did that 4 days ago and the guilt?(not exactly but is the closest word) got me to fuck up the last few days as well, though not by as much. Don't make my mistake, I feel stupid about it.
>>
I've been rapidly cutting from ~190 to a target of 150 or so for the past few months, at 168-169 now.

Feels pretty good man, just kind of bad that I still look terrible because the fat from my chest/stomach is the absolute LAST to go.
>>
>>36613317
buy a new scale faggot
>>
>>36612877
yeah peanut butter is healthy fat, just take the total calorie count into account
>>
>>36614964
They add tons og hydrogenated oils to most brands. Unless you buy the hippie stuff you're eating garbage.
>>
Starting to hit a wall with the cut where just have to slowly wait for the last bit of weight to break 15% to 10-12%

Might start doing cardio or switch to a busier lifting program to help accelerate the weight loss
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.