[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tell /fit/ when I do cardio I just get fatter because ca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (529 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
529 KB, 1536x2048
>tell /fit/ when I do cardio I just get fatter because cardio makes me hungry
>I tell /fit/ the most successful cut I had was when I didn't do any cardio because I was able to stick to my calorie deficit
>/fit/ tells me I'm retarded and that doesn't happen and that's impossible that I got lean without cardio
>Google "cardio makes me hungry"
>get tons of results from bodybuilding.com
>tons of people posting about the exact smart thing
>they all say the same thing: that they can only get lean doing no cardio because cardio causes them to overeat

And this is when I realised /fit/ is fucking shit for posting questions or getting advice.

Been cutting without cardio for the last 3 months again and I've already lost my love handles and I haven't felt hungry at all.
>>
>>36589729
>And this is when I realised /fit/ is fucking shit for posting questions or getting advice

Took you that long?
Also, its not cardio at fault or any other magic force, its simply lack of self control (which probably explains why you got fat in the first place).
>>
>>36589729
You've never heard "You can't outrun a bad diet"?

It may not be a /fit/ meme but it's a common enough meme I've seen it on gym posters for diet plans.
>>
>>36589837
Did you not even read?

I didn't say cardio magically made me fat.

I specifically said why it did and why it made it impossible for me to lose fat. Cardio makes me feel very hungry which in turn makes me over eat. When I remove cardio out of the equation it becomes a thousand times easier to stick to a calorie deficit.

This is what I mean, I never said it was magic.

If you want to be a nitpicking cunt and say its willpower then sure, doing cardio eats into all my willpower when I am trying to cut, leaving me with little willpower left over to stick to a calorie deficit because the cardio has made me incredibly hungry.
>>
>>36589729
>cardio makes me eat doughnuts

eat something healthy you fatass like a fruit or 2 and/or some nuts after your cardio and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1448366388469.jpg (91 KB, 492x600) Image search: [Google]
1448366388469.jpg
91 KB, 492x600
>>36589880
you fucking dense mong.

The lack of self control is the reason you are both fat and dont lose fat when doing cardio.
Nowhere in that small post does it mention that cardio made you fat, that is simply your inability to comprehend basic English.

So far as nitpicking goes, it was your whiny little self that felt the need to shit-post here and have indeed been called out on it.

If you had basic self control you would not be fat to begin with.
If you had basic self control you would be able to overcome a small discomfort of being hungry with cardio and make better/quicker cuts.
If you had basic self control, you would not be such a soft cunt who is so easily butthurt and needs to blame methodology over his own lack of willpower.

Your parents much be so proud you fat mong.
>>
Nobody on bb.com does cardio, they're all bigger and leaner /fit/

Coincedence?
>>
>>36589880
Yours just a pussy. Like yeah, people are different. What works for you won't work for someone else. Personally j can cut with cardio just fine. Like obviously you can't so cool. But don't come blaming fit because really cardio doesn't work for you because you're a bitch with no willpower

Captcha:pizza
>mfw two large pizzas down stairs. Sigh
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458798603203.jpg (16 KB, 306x500) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458798603203.jpg
16 KB, 306x500
>>36589729
>having a unique problem
>asking DYELs that are so uneducated in health and fitness they listen to a tranny who has literally no gains parrot out Starting Strength
Are you retarded? Health and fitness is about finding out what works for you. There may be one diet and one routine that is bar none the single best out there for our species, but if you can't stick with it/enjoy it enough to give it your all, then there is something else out there better 4u.

People say Texas Method is one of the best routines you can do. I hate that shit. It's boring and exhausting. I do a five day Press/Pull split and squat all five days. Press/Pull/Press/Pull/Press/Rest/Rest. Is it as effective? Probably not, but I need high frequency, high intensity, low reps or I get bored and depressed when I go to the gym.

>inb4 a tranny tells me I'm doing it wrong
Did "Arnold's Blueprint" bb.com brosplit, SL, TM, 5/3/1, Bulgarian and learned enough from each to make something that doesn't bore me to the point of nogains.

TL;DR if you make gains, keep doing what you're doing. Don't let someone tell you that you making gains is in any way bad.
>>
>>36590021
Also did a cycle of Smolov Jr. I liked TM for its three day a week benching, but I preferred Smolov Jr's approach of doing three weeks of nonstop intensity until a necessary deload. Deloading every week (Wednesday) made me very unmotivated to lift well, while a week long deload every three weeks feels nice and like an earned reprieve.
>>
low intensity long distance cardio can affect muscle type recruitment type I vs type II

when performing both throughout the week without proper planning

however, concurrent training with HIGH intensity cardio and weight lifting does not have the same effect on the muscle type recruitment as low intensity endurance type cardio
>>
>>36589729
>makes me hungry
how is that anyone elses fault but yours...
>>
>>36590164
so wtf does that have to do with hunger?
no fucking idea but say good by to your gains
>>
>>36590145
TM doesn't have three days of benching because who counts recovery day as workout day.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 692x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 692x461
I don't do cardio, I have the same problem OP. Shit just makes me hungry.

Pic related.
>>
>>36590199
>not considering one third of the routine a workout
Wew lad
>>
>>36590249
It has absolutely no volume and is thus irrelevant for bench progression.

You need three actual sessions for a proper bench program.
>>
File: received_1747013812251721.gif (236 KB, 446x330) Image search: [Google]
received_1747013812251721.gif
236 KB, 446x330
>>36590266
>irrelevant for bench progression
>irrelevant

No. If it was irrelevant, it would not be in the program.

I see what you are getting at, and I agree with you, but we're arguing semantics here. I didn't like the bitch ass Wednesday routine, and you are saying it was too pathetic to be considered a workout.

We're arguing but we're on the same side.
>>
if cardio makes you hungry and you dont have willpower then dont fucking do cardio

I personally dont get hungry from cardio, just mad thirsty, i can chug liters of cold water after a cardio workout.
>>
>>36590313
Well, anyways - stay safe and don't kill your everything upper body on smovlov lad

And now do some shit posting in plg to bump it
>>
>>36590343
Yeah the volume on Smolov was fun, but I like the way my shoulders work. Best of luck in penis licking general.
>>
File: bait.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
>>36589729
>Cardio makes me hungry
And who the fuck made you stuff your fat face you degenerate? The idea is to be hungry, your hunger is your body telling you it needs calories, when you don't eat it takes them from fat currently stored. /fit/ may be full of shit but don't blame them for your lack of willpower.
>>
>>36591020
This..
>>
>>36591020
I maintain 10% year round with no cardio and I am Strong and extremely Muscular, literally Mill yourself, loser.
>>
>>36589729
>go to 4chan
>lurk /fit/ for 5 minutes

And this is when I realised /fit/ is fucking shit for posting questions or getting advice.
>>
>>36591039
By your own admission there are things you can not accomplish due to a lack of discipline. Congratulations on not being a fatass, landwhales lose weight via surgery all the time, doesn't mean they are worth of respect. You are blaming /fit/ for not catering to your weakness, the only thing /fit/ owes you in reality is contempt. Take your whining back to tumblr.
>>
>>36591301
You seem upset that I don't need to do cardio and stay lean easier without it :)

Oh look at the time, you better go get your cardio in for the day before it's too late :)
>>
>>36591344
I would be mad but I am comforted by the knowledge that you are one bad week away from binge eating until you require a mobility scooter.
>>
>>36591462
I have veins on my 6 pack abs and can front squat 200kg.

What are you on about mate?
>>
Nothing kills my hunger like a proper hiit session.
Its also healthy for you.
Stop beeing a pussy. If it doesnt work for you, you go on this board to blame other people? Really?
>>
>>36589729
wasp are bitches
>>
Not sure why you guys are saying OP is retarded. When I was training for my marathon I was literally hungry all the time.

Now that all I do is lift and drive everywhere, I am the leanest I've ever been in my life, and I never have hunger issues. I was literally a higher bodyfat when I was training for a marathon, than what I am now NEVER doing cardio, and just lifting.
>>
I used to have this problem before I switched to keto.
>>
>>36589729
If you're eating like a fatass. You'll get fat.
But cardio is not required if you lift heavy, it just speeds the process up of loosing weight if you aint eating like a fatass, plus its good for your heart.

I dropped from 115kgs down to 93kgs over a month of solid weight training and cardio.
>>
Burn 500 calories per day of cardio, it will still take 14 days to lose 1 kilogram eating @ maintenance with just the cardio.

The thing is, you wont even actually lose 1 kilogram because the human body doesn't work like that. Your body will become efficient at the cardio and burn less calories.
>>
>>36589729
>cardio causes them to overeat
What, a large man named cardio runs into their room at night and forcefeeds them? Or do they stuff their fat fucking faces like they're dumping into a pit?
You get out what you put in, so stop putting in the food version of shit.
>>
>>36591951
Oh my god you people are fucking retarded. If cardio makes you hungry, you will over-eat more calories. It's not fucking hard to over-eat on calories. If not doing cardio means that you wont feel hungry when cutting, than don't fucking do it.

Why are you guys so fucking brain dead? If cardio is making you hungry which in turn makes you consume more calories, then there's fucking point in doing it for fat loss then now is it?

Is this shit really that hard for you fucks to understand? jesus christ, this place a fucking joke. Everyone here, just kill yourselves.
>>
>>36592009

No, youre the one whos fucking retarded. Thats the same as saying guns kill people, no, people with guns kill people.

Being hungry doesnt equal eating more by default. Eating more equals eating more. Do you not know the concept of discipline?

You might not be a fat fuck anymore, you still behave like one. Acting like eating is something you have no control over

Fucking hell
>>
>>36592069
>everyone should just be a master of self-discipline and willpower, like me, a person who effortlessly succeeds at everything in life
Fuck off. If not doing cardio helps people lose weight, what's it to you?

Yes, people with guns kill people. People without guns kill fewer people.
>>
>>36592069
X makes me hungry, making it harder to stick to a caloric deficit.

Remove X, no longer hungry, therefore I can now stick to my calorie deficit without any problems.

X = anything that makes you hungry, in this case, it's cardio, in another cause, it could be caffeine, for someone else, it could be diet soda.

If you still can't understand this, you're beyond help.
>>
>>36592086

I dont fucking care, its nothing to me. If you lose weight easier by not doing cardio. Fine then fucking do it.

But dont come here spouting bullshit. Your mental attitude is fucking garbage. Acting like your personal problems are facts, blaming other people for your flaws and having no control over your desires.

Good luck getting anywhere in life acting like that
>>
>>36592114
Lol. What exactly are you trying to say here man? All I said was that when I do cardio I get hungry, which makes me eat more. When I don't do cardio, I don't have that hunger issue, and it makes getting leaner much easier.

I don't understand what the problem is here? I am just sharing my own experience with how my own experience is with cutting and getting peeled. For me calorie restriction & lifting is all that is required. Cardio just adds more problems because of the hunger issues that come with it. I really don't get the hate I am getting for this lol. Makes no sense. I really don't understand what people are being so nit-picky about, gosh.
>>
You all do realize this is just a troll right? OP can't be this stupid AND understand how to lose weight.
>>
>>36589729
Hey fatso, just grab a knife and cut all your excess fat, scar recovery might just take 6 months.

That's an easy way to lose fat quick :)
>>
File: 1459386871035.png (39 KB, 551x601) Image search: [Google]
1459386871035.png
39 KB, 551x601
>>36592153
What am I being stupid about ?

I know calories in vs calories out. I know macronutrients, micronutrients. I understand caloric burn from cardio. I know my BMR, I know my TDEE.

What I am talking about here is ADHERENCE to diet. Cardio makes me hungry, which in-turn makes my adherence to diet suffer.

You probably don't even understand what I am talking about do you ? lol. I know more than you, you're so ignorant, you probably just sit here not understanding anything, but still feeling the need to put in your 2 cents and just throw out idiotic comments like "DURR OP IS TROLLIN YOU HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW HOW STUFF WORKS HUURRRRRRR"

Get out of my thread and stay out and come back when you have some actual knowledge under your belt, Mr Ignorant, faggot.
>>
>>36592314
dude "x makes me y" isn't really "x is forcing me to" so how about you run on empty stomach and then eat up.
work around it.
>>
>>36589729
Hey! There's a ton of responses already so I'll keep it brief, and I'm sure it's been said already. But you have no self-control you fat fucking piece of shit and that's not /fit/'s fault. Way to project your failure as a human onto a chinese image board, fatty. Keep failing, and don't improve.
>>
>>36592314
I eat more when I do cardio too OP. But I keep it within the calories I just used to do the cardio so I still end up at my calorie goal for the day. You just gotta eat more filling/satisfying stuff. Fats and protein make me feel more full than carbs.
>>
Working full time here + taking on 3 units at university. I literally don't have time for cardio. Just lifting. My cuts are purely from caloric restriction. There's not enough time in the day for me to do cardio.

That said, I am not hungry at all. I can eat 150-200g protein within 1,500 or so calories and be perfectly fine hunger wise and I get really fucking lean. Considering maintenance is about 3,000.
>>
topkek at all the "hardcore" fags in this thread claiming superiority because they do cardio

this place is a joke.

>your a failure if you dont do cardio when cutting!

Why spend time doing something you don't actually need to do to achieve get shredded? Keking i bet all you cardio fags are literally skinnyfat dyels, those are the types who are always so proud of their boring shitty routines.
>>
>>36592418
cardio is recommended by every respected health organization as a part of a healthy life style.
>>
>>36592418
>Why spend time doing something you don't actually need to do to achieve get shredded?

"Taking care of your heart isn't something you actually need to do"

"As long as it isn't needed to get shredded, it isn't needed for optimal health"

That's what you're essentially saying, you imbecile.

Next I bet you'll say walking daily is good enough cardio. Retard.
>>
>>36592439

this thread isn't about health, it's about getting lean.

the whole "hardcore" attitude on here is so god damn lame. you fucking pathetic betas actually think you're hardcore and superior because you spend hours upon hours doing shitty boring easy cardio....you're pathetic.

I don't take any of this anywhere near as seriously as all you "hardcore, whatever it takes" beta faggots do, and yet I look 1000 times better than you all ever will. Why? Because you are beta faggots who stress and worry about the most pointless shit, you also spend way too much time training, and way too much though/energy into this whole thing.

You're skinnyfat DYELs who do 10 hours of cardio a week (ontop of your lifting) and still are flabby little pieces of weak shit, but because you spend all the time, you some how think you're "hardcore" and "doing whatever it takes". Yet you look like shit, hmm why is that.

You do an hour of cardio a day? Then why aren't you leaner than me? Hmmm, why is that?

Btfo nerds.
>>
>>36592481
>Then why aren't you leaner than me?
You're supposed to post a pic before asking that
>>
So uhh, would it help to eat more if I am a skellywag? 6'5 here 78kg
>>
File: keks.jpg (9 KB, 198x157) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
9 KB, 198x157
>>36589729
>I gain more weight when I eat more
>better inform everyone on this groundbreaking discovery
>>
>>36592481
i don't get it.
if you are doing whatever you are doing and it is fine, just continue.

when you hit a plateau, do some research and do whatever fit suggests - or in this case - cardio.

you do realize we're all different a bit. what works for you might not work for others exactly like it did for you.
>>
>>36592530
Just do more cardio and you will gain weight in no time.
>>
>>36592481
I just don't understand how you can post something like this and people still think you aren't a troll. This is exactly the kind of bait that good trolls set out.
>>
>>36590237
why would you pose that way i dont even
>>
File: 1436584870915.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1436584870915.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>>36589837
>>36589927
>>36589928
>>36589956
>>36590187
>>36591020
>>36591301
>>36591951
>>36592069
>>36592177
I thought /fit understood that cardio kills gains. Cardio makes you hungry is very well known. Many bodybuilders omit cardio for this reason. I blame reddit for the surge in dyels on this board

These understand
>>36590021
>>36589949
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.