[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can you tell when your central nervous system is tired and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.gif (580 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
Cover.gif
580 KB, 606x606
how can you tell when your central nervous system is tired and you must wait before training?
>>
>>36454608
Your grip strength is a good indicator. If your grip is failing doing stuff you'd normally do relatively easily, then it's time for a rest day.

Vertical jump height is a good indicator as well, but more useful if you're training more as an athlete.
>>
how the fuck does that work
if your muscles are ok and your cns is tired, what prevents you from lifting?
>>
>>36454689
>what prevents you from lifting?
Your CNS is what makes your muscles actually contract.

What happens is that when your nervous system tells a muscle to contract, it does so by forming a synapse (connection) with the given muscle. In order to do so, it must release so-called neurotransmitters. Over time when you lift really heavy things and keep pushing yourself, the neurotransmitter reserves become depleted i.e. your CNS becomes "tired" and unable to activate your muscles to the full extend.

That's the short and simple explanation.
>>
>>36454689
your muscles are a slave to the slave owner that is CNS

if the slave owner can't smack his whip as hard as he should, the slave will slack
>>
>>36454742
nice explanation... I never thought of this
so are there any products to recharge neurotransmitters faster?
what I'm concerned about is that it's difficult to gauge wehter or not your CNS is tired, I may can you actually "feel" it ?
>>
>>36454689
Nothing stops you from lifting, it just wont be to its full extent. I took a month of once because i went on holiday and came back to the gym stronger than when i left
>>
>>36454758
It's not really something you need to worry about. Some days you just come in to train and the weights will all feel heavy as fuck. Then you know your nervous system isn't properly fired up.
When this happens you can try to do some activation drills (jumps, throws) that may help wake you up a bit. But if that doesn't work, then you're just going to have to accept that you would have been better off taking a rest day. I'll usually quit my regular routine in this case and work on some other stuff, do some accessories, mobility work, pre-hab, ab stuff etc. It's no catastrophe but you won't be setting any personal records on a day like this.
>>
Just have it removed. Really leave humanity behind.
>>
>>36454742
Do you have a longer, slightly more involved explanation? That is very interesting.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.