[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So due to a combination of factors not the least of which were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14
File: Balding[1].jpg (612 KB, 1500x2264) Image search: [Google]
Balding[1].jpg
612 KB, 1500x2264
So due to a combination of factors not the least of which were a stint with vegetarianism, prolonged sleep deprivation, and generally getting WAY less calories than I really needed, I've started balding noticeably. It's not too far along, but the amount it has already is pretty startling for how much time has passed since I first noticed it.

I can accept it for the time being while I continue to improve my diet, but is this shit permanent? I mean once those hair follicles have "retired", is there a chance they could be "reactivated" if I nipped the nutrients thing in the bud early and really turned it around, or are they gone for good?
>>
>>36476251
Literally none of the shit you mentioned has anything to do with it; it's called genetics.
>>
File: 1449882867624.gif (41 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
1449882867624.gif
41 KB, 288x200
>>36476304
>tonight GF tries to scare me by saying I was balding
>mentions same retarded shit as OP
>I say "thats not how it works, it's called genetics"
>gf says "I dunno ...."
>4 hours later go on /fit/
>see this thread
>rage internally
>see this post calling out OPs bro science

MY NIGGGGGGGGGA
>>
>>36476304
Dosent having a vegetarian or vegan diet typically result in having less collagen which can cause balding and poor skin health?
>>
>>36476457
Nope. Unless you were eating utterly terrible foods, but even then, the influence it would have on your baldness would be nothing compared to your genetic predispositions. There's pretty much nothing you can do about it besides those questionably effective creams and shit or a transplant.
>>
>>36476457
Yes.

(you fucking idiots)

Yeah I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't considered the genetics angle. The hair loss started all of a sudden, at a period when I was drastically changing my diet and sleeping habits. My protein intake dropped like a rock, and I can specifically tell when I'm eating a lot of protein because my hair and nails will grow undeniably and noticeably faster when I've been eating a lot of meat lately, etc.
>>
>>36476487
Hair growth rate =/= amount of functioning follicles, retard.
>>
File: 20024_7.jpg (264 KB, 1344x1064) Image search: [Google]
20024_7.jpg
264 KB, 1344x1064
>>36476304
>Literally none of the shit you mentioned has anything to do with it; it's called genetics.
Vegan beta fag detected,
don't be upset because you were cucked into believing you could get gains by the le may may vegan green goblin.

Now your fucking life is falling apart and you're becoming a woman.

I'm lamoing at your life pussy.
>>
>>36476499
Not a vegan. Nice try though, buddeh
>>
For fucks sake.

YOU ARE BALD BECAUSE OF GENETICS.

That's it. You cannot prevent it. You cannot do anything to slow it down. It's happening because it's in your genetic code.

You have 3 options:

1. deal with it
2. shave your head
3. shell out a 50 grand for hair plugs

Whining about it on /fit/ will not change anything.

Welcome to aging.
>>
File: 1455482936236s.jpg (3 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1455482936236s.jpg
3 KB, 118x125
>>36476351
Huge laugh at that pic
>>
>>36476251
>some absolute retard thinks eating veggies instead of beef made him bald
>he wasn't even smart enough to somehow plan out his meals when he went vegetarian, nor could he figure out adequate sources of protein even though WHEY EXISTS
>he might potentially reproduce
>>
>>36476251
It's likely you were a little vitamin/mineral deficient, but that shit is mostly covered by fruits and vegetables.

Damage done won't be reversed if it's genetics, if it does, smooth sailing, try to be less stupid with your diet next time.
>>
File: wat.jpg (25 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
25 KB, 125x125
>>36476495
>the mechanisms in the body that govern the things that hair grows out of, and the actual rate of growth of said hairs, and completely and irrevocably separate
>>
File: 145124124.png (32 KB, 167x165) Image search: [Google]
145124124.png
32 KB, 167x165
>>36476574
>things affected by genetic predisposition must also be affected by diet because I said so
>>
File: 1371378992178.jpg (11 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1371378992178.jpg
11 KB, 247x247
>permabulkers actually think balding has nothing to do with diet
>>
File: jerome.jpg (37 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
jerome.jpg
37 KB, 480x720
>>36476591
>what is epigenetics???????
>>
>>36476553
Kek
>>
File: 1457344887568s.jpg (7 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1457344887568s.jpg
7 KB, 244x250
>>36476622
>he thinks food factors into epigenetics in people eating average diets
>>
File: ibs.jpg (58 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
ibs.jpg
58 KB, 900x1600
>>36476659
That's what I'm saying though, my diet was anything but average. <2000kcal/day and usually between 70-130g protein gets ugly with your body real fast
>>
>>36476702
I'm talking extremes here. It's highly unlikely that your diet will contribute to significant epigenetic factors unless you're eating complete and utter garbage, like I already said.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (13 KB, 184x208) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
13 KB, 184x208
>diet can affect almost ALL other aspects of health
>but balding is 100% genetics

Kek lol
>>
>>36476751
Except we're not talking about ALL aspects of health. We're only talking about hair loss.
>>
>>36476770
but why wouldn't it affect hair loss?
>>
>>36476251
>Pic is barely half a meg
>Dat quality
fugg
>>
Fuck OP im still so angry, what was your diet faggot?

How could you do it so wrong it would cause you to bald?
>>
>>36476751
Hair follicles are not influenced by any external biological functions.

It's literally impossible for it to be a diet thing.
>>
>>36476808
It does, he's just an idiot
Though mental stress has almost just as much to do with it believe it or not.
>>
>>36476841
>DHT is main culprit behind hair loss
>DHT is a hormone, like testosterone
>hormones can be greatly effects by diet, sleep and lifestyle
>but hair loss has nothing to do with these things

Fuck out of here faggot
>>
File: 1457057223071.jpg (14 KB, 301x200) Image search: [Google]
1457057223071.jpg
14 KB, 301x200
>>36476304
Fucking this. It's the same shit with acne too, trust me, I know.

Everybody who's never really had acne thinks that oily foods cause it. Or not washing their face enough. Or washing their face too much. Or not changing their pillowcase or their sheets. Or eating too much chocolate. Or drinking too much dairy.

It's always genetics. IT'S ALWAYS GENETICS.
>>
Such rage in this thread
How does creatine come in to all this? OP were you loading creatine?
>>
>>36477546
Truth, I didn't shower days in a row during my highschool summers. No acne
>>
File: coolface.jpg (110 KB, 762x1042) Image search: [Google]
coolface.jpg
110 KB, 762x1042
>>36477682
lul'd
>>
>>36476751
Balding is 100% genetics. You can lose hair for other reasons, for example massive hair follicle cell death due to cemotherapy. But you know what? Their hair grows back.

The poison used in cemotherapy is so potent that it destroys your hair follicles to the point where all your hair just drops out and stops growing. Despite this, once cemotherapy stops, the hair just grows back.

Receding hair line isn't caused by bad diet. You can lose hair due to extremely shit diet but then hair would fall out all over, and not manifest as a receding hair line.
>>
balding from lack of nutrients and shit does not proceed in the usual MPB style

it's genetics, pure and simple otherwise it would come back after a while
>>
File: GeneticsCurse.png (165 KB, 900x820) Image search: [Google]
GeneticsCurse.png
165 KB, 900x820
Join me in SS program: starting scalp

Hueheuheuheuju
>>
>>36476487
>yes

wtf you fail introductory biology? The body MAKES collagen. As long as you provide enough of the amino acids (basically eat your protein) your body will produce collagen.
>>
>>36479380
this

still waiting for someone to prove they reversed their balding with diet
>>
OP get on 1.25mg generic Finasteride a day and thank me later

Dont listen to trolls. Dont read any other responses in this thread. This is your answer. I will not return to thread to respond to anything.

Im on Fin for over 2yrs now and have ZERO side effects. I regrew a few months of lost hair and then all hairloss stopped

Banged my gf last night and she was complaining my dick was 'too hard' and felt like a rock being jammed in her pussy
>>
Wait. Sleep deprivation can cause hair loss? No one--and I mean no one--in my family is bald, and yet I've noticed a good half-inch of my hair has receded within the past couple of years. I haven't been getting good sleep in the past five or so years; I average about 5-6 hours a night.
>>
OP is your grandpa on your moms side bald? Then unfortunately you have around a 75% chance of going bald in life.

Is he not bald? Great. Congratulations, you have a 75% chance of not going bald in life.

Chances increase or decrease depending on your dad. Is he bald? If so you have a slightly higher inclination to go bald. Is he not bald? Then you have a slightly less inclination to go bald.

Thankfully, my grandpa and my dad are both full heads of hair at 85 and 63.

If you're bothered by it, jump on Finasteride. It blocks the DHT receptors that cause your hair to fall out due to your genetics.

Or, it could be poor nutrition, stress, unhealthy scalp, etc

If it's any of these issues, and it isn't extremelt prolonged than your hair will definitely grow back. I buzz my hair every year at least twice to get the scalp fresh, and keep it from flaking. I also use a healthy shampoo and conditioner and only rinse my head with either neutral or cold water because hot water is bad for hair.

Sometimes it could just be shedding, you could be losing hair, just to regrow them in the hair loss/growth process which is natural and happens to everyone. Lots of people freak out and think its balding.

To really tell if you're balding due to genetics, or from something else, check if your hairline has receded. If it is, most likely due to genetics.
>>
>>36477754
im jelly
>>
>>36477546
having it or not it obviously is genetics but following those things you said do help reduce acne.

At least it helped me.
>>
>>36479380
>Balding is 100% genetics
Kill yourself. Immediately. Ever heard about stress? Or drug abuse? Medication? Thyroid Disease? Anemia? Hair products? Diet? Fungal infections?

ITT: RETARDS THAT NEED TO KILL THEMSELVES _NOW_ !!!!
>>
>>36481494
Yeah, but then it's spread out all over your head, or you lose clumps of hair, you don't only get a receded hairline, which indicates it's male pattern baldness.
>>
>>36481494
Sounds like someone has bad genetix ;)
>>
>>36476487
You probably just noticed the growth stage of your hair. Hair goes through a growth stage, a rest stage, and a shedding stage, repeating this cycle throughout life. Each stagcan last like 1-3 months. You probably just were in a growth phase and attributed it to your diet
>>
You could try finasteride?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.