[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do diet drinks cause brain cancer or was that a myth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: cz.png (266 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cz.png
266 KB, 700x700
So do diet drinks cause brain cancer or was that a myth
>>
yes drinking 1 can of a diet drink raises the chances of getting cancer within the following week
>>
>>36464603

hilarious
>>
Let's say you live a lifestyle where you

>never drink alcohol
>never smoke
>never do drugs
>never eat microwaved food
>rarely eat processed packaged foods
>cook all your own meals 99% of the time
>don't work in harsh environments
>aren't handling/dealing with potentially dangerous material
>drink 2-3liters of water everyday

Is drinking diet soda really gona be that bad for you?

Everything I green-texted is me btw.
>>
>>36464666

>drink 2-3 liters of water everyday

can you explain the rationale behind this
>>
The only bad thing about it is that the acid isn't great for your teeth

Other than that it does nothing
>>
>>36464678
Thirst.

I live in Australia.
>>
>>36464678
you need water to not die
>>
Soda is bad for you. Everyone knows it but nobody wants to accept it. Just like cigarettes.
>>
>>36464666
You just described me as well. It'd be pretty ironic if I die of cancer even though I'm glowing with health and vitality.

Oh well. Hail satan!
>>
>>36464666

actually, monsieur anon trips, its worse if you're healthy.

you're body isn't used to foreign non-healthy shit so your risk is much higher

linking an article
http://usatoday.com/id10treports/healthy-people-pretend-to-be-unhealthy/387=!df/hHPQ
>>
>>36464724
that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard and the article isn't even real
>>
>>36464711

explain how
>>
>>36464778
Should I explain to you why Doritos and Cheetos are bad for you as well?
>>
>>36464544
Yeah thats why you see millions of people walking around with brain cancer.
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>36464790

the question was explain how diet sodas are bad for you.
>>
>>36464666
>never eat microwaved food
>rarely eat processed packaged foods
Wait this is bad? I am highly concerned.
>>
>>36464810
i would guess it's because they generally have shit macros but most likely is because of preservatives
>>
>>36464734

enjoy your cancer drink then op
>>
>>36464544
if you must have one but not everyday. you're not gonna get no cancer unless you have 3 every day
>>
>>36464810
High correlation between processed and frozen foods and various cancers of the stomach, colon, rectum etc...
>>
>>36464799
>>36464790

hello?
>>
>>36464791

why? I was just asking a question
>>
>>36464852
Can't you do a google research yourself? Be a proactive human being.
>>
>>36464799
He said SODA is bad for you and you said "explain how".

But just to entertain your dumbass, do you really think tricking your body and brain into thinking it's ingesting something sweet while not ingesting anything sweet won't mess with your fat stores and what your body decides to do?

Regardless of the fact diet soda has a bunch of chemicals.
>>
>>36464711
Im pretty sure everyone has accepted that cigarettes are bad for you anon
>>
>>36464867

yeah i have, and other than the acid which can possibly erode enamel there's nothing else in diet drinks that is bad for you.
>>
>>36464877

> do you really think tricking your body and brain into thinking it's ingesting something sweet while not ingesting anything sweet won't mess with your fat stores and what your body decides to do?

provide research showing this happens in humans.

> Regardless of the fact diet soda has a bunch of chemicals.

you mean those chemicals that are literally the most studied in the world country, the ones whereas every independent health organisation in the world has agreed is universally safe for consumption?
>>
>>36464883
I'm using that as an example of how human's deceive themselves as proof from in the past.
>>
>>36464666
omg the fucking trips i got on this post....is that a sign to stop drinking diet soda? fuck
>>
>>36464897
Can you provide research to your claims?
>>
>>36464897
>has agreed is universally safe for consumption

Whew boy, that's a lot of edge there I almost cut myself.

Yeah yeah because never in the history of mankind, even modern history, has anything that was deemed safe actually turn out to be toxic.

Some studies aren't as good as others but diet sodas affect your metabolism without a doubt, including gut bacteria.
>>
>>36464921

Passman CM, et al Effect of soda consumption on urinary stone risk parameters . J Endourol. (2009)

Nettleton JA, et al Diet soda intake and risk of incident metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) . Diabetes Care. (2009)

Dhingra R, et al Soft drink consumption and risk of developing cardiometabolic risk factors and the metabolic syndrome in middle-aged adults in the community . Circulation. (2007)
Gardener H, et al Diet Soft Drink Consumption is Associated with an Increased Risk of Vascular Events in the Northern Manhattan Study . J Gen Intern Med. (2012)

Kaplowitz GJ An update on the dangers of soda pop . Dent Assist. (2011)
Cheng R, et al Dental erosion and severe tooth decay related to soft drinks: a case report and literature review . J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. (2009)

Shenkin JD, et al Soft drink consumption and caries risk in children and adolescents . Gen Dent. (2003)

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/aspartame

> FDA: Considering results from the large number of studies on aspartame's safety, including five previously conducted negative chronic carcinogenicity studies, a recently reported large epidemiology study with negative associations between the use of aspartame and the occurrence of tumors, and negative findings from a series of three transgenic mouse assays, FDA finds no reason to alter its previous conclusion that aspartame is safe as a general purpose sweetener in food.

> EFSA: Overall, the Panel concluded, on the basis of all the evidence currently available… that there is no indication of any genotoxic or carcinogenic potential of aspartame and that there is no reason to revise the previously established ADI for aspartame of 40 mg/kg [body weight].

Now support your claims sweety.
>>
>>36464810
MUH SODIUM
>>
>>36464937

Cutie, again, read VERY carefully because I know words make your brain hurt hurt.

Every-single-drug-agency-in-the-world has concluded these chemicals are 100% SAFE in all metrics.

Ok, pumpkin?
>>
>>36464940

May as well add mayoclinic in there as well as the Mayo Intstitute is pretty good

> The artificial sweeteners and other chemicals currently used in diet soda are safe for most people, and there's no credible evidence that these ingredients cause cancer.
>>
>>36464940

And should add the American Diabetic Association endorses artificial sweeteners.

And so does the American Dietetic Association.
>>
>>36464940
Do you not expect me to read your studies? Did you even read them yourself?

Your first one concludes
>Chronic consumption of soda pop drinks may affect the microanatomy of the kidney of adult Wistar rats. Further study aimed at corroborating these observations in humans is warranted.

Your second one,
>Although these observational data cannot establish causality, consumption of diet soda at least daily was associated with significantly greater risks of select incident metabolic syndrome components and type 2 diabetes.

3rd,
>In middle-aged adults, soft drink consumption is associated with a higher prevalence and incidence of multiple metabolic risk factors.

4th
>Daily diet soft drink consumption was associated with several vascular risk factors and with an increased risk for vascular events. Further research is needed before any conclusions can be made regarding the potential health consequences of diet soft drink consumption.

You're not helping your argument whatsoever so far.... Do i really have to continue?

Then you quote claims by FDA, and EFSA. The government. Do you actually even believe yourself?
>>
>>36464937
>diet soda and gut bacteria control our minds

Typical.
>>
Holy fuck i never realized how many retards/shills inhabit this site until this thread
>>
>>36465032

1st:

CONCLUSION: There is no increased risk or benefit to consuming Fresca or caffeine-free Diet Coke compared with Le Bleu bottled water with respect to stone formation.

2 & 3:

Consequently, the previously observed diet soda–metabolic syndrome associations are generally speculated to be the result of residual confounding by other dietary behaviors, lifestyle factors, or demographic characteristics (1,2). Biological mechanisms possibly explaining these associations are few and largely focus on artificial sweeteners in beverages/foods increasing the desire for (and consumption of) sugar-sweetened, energy-dense beverages/foods (3) or disrupting consumers' ability to accurately estimate energy intake and remaining energy needs (4). Thus, diet soda consumption may result in overconsumption, increased body weight, and consequent metabolic dysfunction.

4:

Controlling for age, sex, race/ethnicity, education, smoking, physical activity, alcohol consumption, BMI, daily calories, consumption of protein, carbohydrates, total fat, saturated fat, and sodium, those who drank diet soft drinks daily (vs. none) had an increased risk of vascular events, and this persisted after controlling further for the metabolic syndrome, peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, cardiac disease, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia (HR=1.43, 95% CI=1.06-1.94). There was no increased risk of vascular events associated with regular soft drinks or light diet soft drink consumption.
>>
>>36465032

And yeah you can't actually dismiss the WHO, FDA, and the EFSA out of hand because

> muh gubermint konspiracy like muh roswell aliums.
>>
>>36464940
>>36464950
DURRRRRR your own sources are saying diet sodas are bad for you sweetie poo.
>>
>>36465154
>>36465086

Somebody didn't read the whole source, dats awkward for my little boy.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.