[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how bout a cardio thread just ran 2 miles outside and then jogged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1445815670377s.jpg (11 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
1445815670377s.jpg
11 KB, 245x205
how bout a cardio thread
just ran 2 miles outside and then jogged at 8mph on the good ol mill for an hour, what do you guys do for daily cardio or cardio day
>>
>>36439838
I like HIIT, sprints, jump roping, or just playing some basketball
>>
>>36439838
OP here forgot my spidermans (crocodile pushups)
and obligatory pistol squats
>>
>>36439838

If it's nice out and I'm not lifting, I'll do 90 minutes to 2 hours of jogging outside, about 5 mph. Good way to burn off about 1100-1300 calories generally. If the weather sucks or I'm lifting, I do the elliptical at the gym. I tried treadmill for a while, but I just hated it. Had nowhere near the stamina on the treadmill that I do outside, so I'll either do an hour of walking incline (level 10 or so) or just do the elliptical.

Lately I've been trying a bit of HIIT on the elliptical after lifting, since my workouts have been getting longer, but it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that even though it doesn't burn as many calories it still has benefits after the workout is done.

Still trying to find a balance between lifting and cardio. I'm 60 pounds down from where I was in september, but I wanna lose 30-40 more. Or at least reduce my body fat significantly.
>>
>>36439896
nice m8 may the gainz god grant your hard work with hard, vascular rewards
>>
>>36439918

Thank you, good sir.

A bunch of the weight loss is probably attributable to giving up soda and learning to run. Before last fall I was chugging 8 or 9 cups of Dew a day and maybe a half hour walk every week. Started doing C25K and got hooked on running. At this point if I go a day without cardio I feel lazy.
>>
>>36439993
I'm just cutting myself
>>
>>36440127
wordage

I am trying to cut

>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
Interactive 2k plan on the erg
>>
>>36439993
>tfw run for about 30 seconds and I gotta take a break

how do I "learn" to run anon? I wanna get good at cardio, my current condition is laughable
>>
File: doge.png (317 KB, 375x431) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
317 KB, 375x431
Hey guys, so we are taught to not overtrain ourselves when lifting, but is it the same with cardio?

I lost 7.2 pounds last week with cardio/lifting and the psmf diet. I really want to lose atleast 5 pounds this week, that'd put me under 300lbs, which would be a huge step for me.

i lift and do cardio for about an hour and half every 2 days, and sometimes when it's late at night i feel like getting on the treadmill/stationary bike while watching Netflix to shred some extra calories, but i put it off because i dont wanna get burnt out or injured.
>>
I run ~10 miles a day... just started doing it, never get tired.. just feel like running, like forrest gump. went from 195lbs to 170 in a week and a half. i'm 6'2''
>>
>>36440271
stop worrying about over training you fat fuck. the only people that need to worry about overttraining are people already in great shape.
>>
>>36440212
do dynamic cardio, like burpies crunches and other fast body weight shit you could do rapidly, superset all that shit

also you can walk while tired during a run just make sure you keep the heart elevated that is the point so walk fast until you can run jog a few steps every 20 steps until you can run

I can list more dynamic cardio shit if you like
>>
>>36440271
no,just wear proper shoes, avoid pounding your feet especially on hard surfaces and eat your dairy so you don't get shin splits to hell
>>
>>36440304
>just make sure you keep the heart elevated that is the point
ah, I see, I'll make sure to do that when I start

>I can list more dynamic cardio shit if you like
I would absolutely love that, if you'd be so kind. My shitty condition can't go on.
>>
>>36440295
>Arthritis on my knees

shit i guess i'll just go back to hiking tomorrow, fuck being able to walk, gotta burn dem calories m8s
but srsly can i use the treadmill all i want tho?
>>
>>36439838
4 miles a day jogging/running at 9000+ feet
>>
>>36440321
like I said any rapid body weight is good, you can even do rapid compound lifts if you don't overload and that not only builds cardio but also strengthens your joints (don't overdo the weighted ones though or you will fuck your body)

but let's see I'll organise by exercise variants because most body-weight shit is just the same shit with a twist

pushups-
normal pushups
crocodile pushups
tornado pushups
side raise pushups
clap/pylo pushups
don't remember the name but the jumping push ups were you bring your feet and hands together
burpies (crossfit got something right)
renegade rows (weighted one)
tricep pushups

crunches/situps
scissor crunches/situps
flutter kicks
oblique situps
bicycle kicks
not a crunch but mountain climbers (throw in some mule kicks every 30 reps and then end with 5 mule kicks in a row is how I do it)
the things where you bring your feet and hangs together
dragon breaths

pullups/chinups
>easy mode
>australian pullups
>zero-g chinups
muscles ups (start off kipping if you can't)
clockworks
leg raises
hanging knee raises
hanging crucnhes

leg stuff
Kazakh squat
goblin squats (dumbbell with crush grip)
3D lunges
split jacks (light weight and spam or just do weightless split squats)
high jumps
box jumps
speed stepups
line jumps

giantset one from each group or do circuits to burn super fat or go supersayain

sorry I took so fucking long

also do incline treadmill mostly if you got one and use a elliptical with no hands
>>
>>36440439
damn OP this is fantastic, thank you so much for it

this will further my journey into becoming the strongest warrior in the galaxy
>>
>>36440474
s'cool senpai, I train freshmen so I go through this shit mentally like at minimum once a week, just an awful typist

not going to be a casual asshole and throw off your gratitude though so you're welcome
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.