[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proof humans are OMNIVORES and not VEGETARIANS: https://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15
File: delicious steak.jpg (32 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
delicious steak.jpg
32 KB, 540x270
Proof humans are OMNIVORES and not VEGETARIANS:
https://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

Note that this is a VEGETARIAN website that's saying this.

Veganfags: BTFO
Omnivores: WIN

Now fuck off, veganfags. Your malnutrition-induced cognitive deficit is showing.
>>
Breaking News: Gutenberg discovers the printing press
>>
>>35925853
>Intestinal absorption is a surface area, not linear problem. Dogs (which are carnivores) have intestinal specializations more characteristic of omnivores than carnivores such as cats. The relative number of crypts and cell types is a better indication of diet than simple length. We are intermediate between the two groups.
>The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.

Fucking finally they can shut the fuck up about the teeth and intestines (their main two arguments).

If you want to practise a life of abstaining from something (perfectly reasonable thing to do whatever the reason), do it, just don't build it on bullshit science.
>>
>>35925866
Breaking news: Gutenberg apparently did not invent the printing press. He discovered it. By unearthing it or some shit.
>>
>>35925899
>not understanding synonymous semantic equivalences between related words
/fit/, we need to show the world we're NOT meat-heads.

In other news, nutrient deprived vegans BTFO once again.
>>
*waiting for vegans to finish reading and comprehending a simple article*
>>
>>35925931
This article won't help, breh.

When they realise they've lost any scientific basis for their lifestyle (as if the fact veganism was unheard of until the 1800s wasn't enough), they'll go all in with
>MUH FEELZ
>MUH ANIMALZ
And become even more insufferable.
>>
>>35925959
Perhaps, BUT: If personal beliefs are the only valid basis for the decision to live a vegan lifestyle or just to eat a strict vegetarian diet, then there can be no intellectual arguments for it, only emotion-based pleadings with no leverage.
>>
File: 180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg (11 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg
11 KB, 180x222
>>35925853
VEGANFAGS BTFO
>>
>>35925991
That assumes vegans are rational about their lifestyle. For them, the emotion IS the logic.

Vegetarians are perfectly rational (a vegan would never have written that article) and all the ones I have met are perfectly pleasant.

Vegans are more often than not deluded at best and unhinged at worst.
>>
>>35926078
>Vegans are more often than not deluded at best and unhinged at worst.
I concur, based on my dealings with them. They all seem to have something wrong with the way their brains work, which is probably due to malnutrition.
>>
Vegetarians also have a lower sperm count. Too lazy to post source but look it up if you're interested.

I'm poor unifag. How do I get cheap meat that isn't highly processed shit? I've been living off of rice, lentils, bread, and eggs (and oatz & protein powder)
>>
>>35925853
>implying I'm vegan being "nature says so"
Fuck off, only a retard would think being vegan's healthier. I'm vegan because of ethics, and YES, it's definitely, certainly, unequivocally more ethical to refrain from killing for pleasure.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 360x361
>>35926114

Proof that vegans are unstable or 2/10 bait
>>
>>35926106
Got a Winco Foods near you? Cheap-ass boneless skinless chicken breast, less than $2/pound.
>>
>>35926114
That's nice.

Do you post vegan troll threads on /fit/?

If Yes: You're a faggot and need to fuck off.
If No: You're fine, enjoy /fit/.
>>
>>35926114
berrypicker as fuck
>>
>>35926152
Nope. Just a Walmart

I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy a bag of frozen chicken tenderloins when they go on sale. I wish supermarkets would still sell the expired meats for like a couple bucks. That shit used to be so cash but goddamn retards had to go and get sick and try to sue

>this is your daily reminder to not be a goddamned full-retard nigger.
>>
File: 5719882293_0b984e5c10_o.jpg (252 KB, 1020x1078) Image search: [Google]
5719882293_0b984e5c10_o.jpg
252 KB, 1020x1078
>>35926087
It's a shame really.

Because I would've ravaged this vegan:
http://imgur.com/a/IYIdP

If anyone remembers her, she was super fundamentalist about it too; hated meat-eaters. Would've been a glorious hate-fuck but alas.
>>
>>35925853
Making threads like these lends those fucktards too much credibility. You might as well go on /sci/ and post proof that the earth is spherical.
>>
>>35926275
The Shadow Minister for Health and Agriculture is a vegan and has made gestures towards encouraging Britain to give up meat and treating meat eaters like smokers (through campaigns encouraging them not to eat meat just like anti-smoking campaigns).

I'm not a /pol/tard but the malnutritioned delusion is gaining traction so we should fight fire with fire.
>>
>>35926297
The British Shadow Minister, that is.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/16/vegan-shadow-agriculture-minister-jeremy-corbyn-kerry-mccarthy
>>
>>35926114
I don't think the Greek alphabet has a letter for you.

Maybe beta omega?
>>
>>35926114
>I'm vegan because of ethics
Literally cuckold mentality.
>>
>>35925959
but what ABOUT the animals feelings, you sociopathic fat fuck? it doesn't matter?

should the suffering keep continuing? if you want your delicious protein, you should go back to slurping on daddy's dick
>>
>>35926238
Doesn't count, he's most likely on steroids.
>>
File: 1441922781336.jpg (26 KB, 397x261) Image search: [Google]
1441922781336.jpg
26 KB, 397x261
>>35926562
>humans are the only animals not allowed to kill for food
>>
>>35926562
There are, and always will be, people who like to kill things. They provide us with meat, and in return, they get a healthy outlet for their tendencies. Everybody wins. :-)
>>
File: 1442612056328.jpg (28 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
1442612056328.jpg
28 KB, 360x450
>>35926505

not that guy or vegan myself but I really like this reply. A shitty response about him being a sissy even though it's way harder to be vegan than eat meat. Best of all the shitty any picture, you can just see him sitting in his basement, watching that shit, eating hot pockets and chicken tendies and gloryfying ss+gomad.
>>
>all smart animals eat meat
>crows, octopus, dolphins, dogs, pigs, humans
check mate
>>
>>35926717
>something should be done just because it's harder
>projecting this hard
>>
File: rational gaze.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
rational gaze.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>35925853
>10000BC
>its getting cold as fuck senpai, all the berries and vegetables are freezing. What are we going to eat? We have some stores but its not enough for the whole winter
>wild game of course, ya dingus
the end
>>
>>35926746
Forgot to add that agriculture wasnt around until 6000 years ago. So for about 100,000 years meat was a main addition to the human diet.
>>
>>35926562
>rational person
>'humans can farm animals because we're intrinsically superior to them and the de facto owners of this planet'

>vegan
>'what no humans are just animals too so how would YOU like to be farmed'

>rational person
>'okay fine we're animals - and as science has shown most definitely omnivorous animals - so excuse me while the rest of us eat meat as omnivorous animals are inclined to do'

>vegan
>'what no as humans and as the superior species we should use our intelligence to protect animals'

It never fucking ends.
>>
>>35926963
Curious enough i've never heard of a vegan chasing down dolphins trough the ocean to tell em they should stop eating fish because they are an intelligent species and should protect them.
>>
>>35925915
Discovery is not inventing. They are not "semantics," anon
>>
>>35925866
>discovers
Come now. Next you're going to say that we "discovered" mathematics.
>>
>>35927112
I'm pretty sure I've heard some vegetarian (to be fair: it was a kid. Maybe. I think.) get all offended that lions were eating meat. You know, lions, strict carnivores? Incapable of digesting plant matter, unless it's pre-digested (i.e., eaten from the stomach/bowel contents of an animal it killed?).
>>
I think vegans know about the disadvantages of their diet. But seriously everytime you have to stand up for something you have to deny oneself something. They care care for animaly so thesy deny themselfes tasty meat and are forced to take supplements. MIGHT be there are SOME MINOR issues regarding health and/or performance, but common it's not like they are permanently sick or die earlier.

Did OP ever stand up for something?

I'm not a vegan but i understand their arguments. Try to learn that sometimes humans take sacrifices to help others and you will, too.
>>
>>35927489
Maybe you should sacrifice a little bit of your time on a Burmese donkey riding competition forum to learn how to type up a proper English sentence or two.
>>
>>35926106
Sprem count is the same, but it is more dilute. This could presumably enhance the chance of optimal outcome by forcing the weaker sperm to move further and faster.
>>
>>35925853
Look at animals digestive system. They have several growth chambers where pounds of probiotics break down the plant proteins. Humans don't have that. Hence we suck at digestiING veggies. Hence why we get sick when we act like faggots and only eat veggies.
>>
>>35926297
>Shadow Minister
Coolest job ever
>Shadow Cabinet
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>35926746
Cause eating raw meat isn't going to infest us with mammalian sympathetic pathogens and kill us. Nope.
>>
>>35927559
The study failed to mention though, that humans have a significantly lower pH than carnivores or omnivores. It's a pretty concerning exemption given that's what allows predatory animals to rapidly absorb and eliminate foods, preventing infection.
>>
If we weren't supposed to eat meat, it would literally make us sick to the point of vomiting the first time we ate it.
>>
File: Omnivore.jpg (1 MB, 1265x1302) Image search: [Google]
Omnivore.jpg
1 MB, 1265x1302
>>35925853

I don't think anyone on this board argues that humans aren't omnivorous, just that being omnivorous doesn't really mean anything.

Because you have the ability to get nutrients from something, does not necessarily mean you should, and especially not that you need to eat every type of food your stomach can break down.

Having said that, the article is actually pretty weak in the evidence it's presenting.

>humans ate meat in the past
>humans don't have "fermenting vats" even though apparently we don't need those anyway to digest our food
>broken human teeth kind of look like broken pig teeth
>salivary glands. no explanation needed.
>something about dogs' intestines

And I have no idea what he's saying with the cell types thing. To include no references is bad enough, but there's nothing being explained here. It's one of the laziest articles about anything I've ever read.
>>
>>35927489
Sure. I'm standing up for the SCIENTIFIC FACT that we're evolved as omnivores, not vegetarians. I'm standing up for the rights of the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE to eat what they please, and that if it includes meat then that's their right and nobody else has the right to tell them they can't. Faggots like YOU on the other hand are more than happy to ignore scientific FACT and evolutionary FACT and basic human rights, just to advance your gods-be-damned anti-meat agenda. You'd destroy the economies of entire countries, cause massive unemployment, and widespread malnutrition, just to satisfy your utterly misguided anti-meat agenda. YOU and poeple like you are the real villains of this story. In some ways you're no better than a Hitler or a Mussolini or a Stalin, intending to impose your unilateral, dictatorial will on the masses, irregardless of what they want to do with your lives. Someone should drag your gods-be-damned asses off to The Hague to be tried for crimes against Humanity!
>>
>>35927700
>Because you have the ability to get nutrients from something, does not necessarily mean you should, and especially not that you need to eat every type of food your stomach can break down.
That's utter and complete bullshit. Humans are healthiest when they eat a wide variety of foods, not just one type of food, which is why the overall quality of life and longevity of the human race in general is so much longer than it was even a hundred years ago. Limiting people's dietary choices, especially when that means malnutrition is more likely to occur, benefits NO ONE except the funeral industry. MEAT IS GOOD FOR YOU. You eat it in moderation like everything else and profit thereby because we are evovled as OMNIVORES, and vegan/vegetarian/W.H.O. agendas be damned, because that's what they are: just agendas, with no scientific basis for them.
>>
>>35927927

>Humans are healthiest when they eat a wide variety of foods, not just one type of food

Eating a variety of foods is great when it's a variety of healthy foods. You're able to digest candy and cookies but it doesn't benefit your health to do that. Plant foods as a group aren't one type of food either.

>vegan/vegetarian/W.H.O. agendas be damned, because that's what they are: just agendas, with no scientific basis for them.

I like how you threw in the World Health Organization without hesitation. Do you have any personal biases that you think might cloud your judgement on this topic?
>>
>>35925853
Yes

We've known this for about 200 000 years
>>
>>35927700
Not to mention all of the evidence that indicates that frequent overconsumption of animal products often causes significant deleterious effects to the human body.

Meat eaters have increased markers for inflammation, meta-analysis:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23865797
Which shows to cause a whole battery of problems including atherosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases, meta-analysis:
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/arthritis/2012/560634/

And pilot studies are showing that RNA causing tumorigenesis can be significantly reduced with an intervention diet (no meat, possibly no fruit):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18559852

Type 2 diabetes risk factor is also significantly increased:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942738/pdf/nutrients-06-00897.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3847817/pdf/nihms530233.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24722499

Over-consuming protons (a particularly common facet in America's high meat diet) leads to weight gain:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21139559
And again, Type 2 diabetes:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24722499
and through a variety of interactions higher incidence of cancer:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/4/7/c/47cbc2420ba85e53/Proteinaholic_Chapter13.pdf?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d06cd833ed0cd5a30fc&c_id=10141917
>>
>>35928045

Just going to clarify that this >>35928045 isn't me >>35927700
>>
File: 1353200085187.jpg (19 KB, 248x324) Image search: [Google]
1353200085187.jpg
19 KB, 248x324
>>35927896
>You'd destroy the economies of entire countries, cause massive unemployment, and widespread malnutrition, just to satisfy your utterly misguided anti-meat agenda.
>an abundance of food leading to any of ths
>>
>>35927927
No, longevity is largely derived from the discovery of antibiotic medications, development of sterile medical facilities, clean drinking water, superior medicine and a superior understanding of medicine. Quality of life has also increased as a product of safer working environments and a slightly more stringent system when dealing with volatile chemicals. Lets not forget the horse and buggy, and the fact people used to dump shit and piss in the street.
>>
File: NO.jpg (41 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
41 KB, 480x270
>>35928061
I'm not Paul Allen.
>>
>>35927577
Fire was invented then
>>
>>35928020
>avoiding scientific truth

>>35928045
>confusing theories with facts

>>35928084
>cherry-picking facts to support a position proven to be unsupportable
>>
>>35928182

Take all the time you need to form a real reply
>>
>>35928164
Evidence of human produce fire please.
>>
>implying most vegans dont admit theyre omnivores
I've really even ever heard a vegan use humans being herbivores as basis of their argument. Vegans comparing themselves to herbivore animals doesn't really happen until a meat starts comparing himself to a lion.
>>
>>35928045
holy shit did you read any of these just look at the first and some of the things considered part of a "meat-based" pattern

>beer
>cake and pastries
>refined grains
>butter
>cooked sausage
>fried potatoes
>sugar
>hydrogenated fats
>soft drinks
>mayonnaise
>ice cream
>lowest intakes of dark green vegetables
>lowest intake of fruits

but oh noez it must be the animal protein!!!11 right?
>>
Oh and by the way, OP here, I had some delicious, nutritious chicken breast for dinner tonight, and it was awesome and tasty. I'm sure the chicken that had it's head lopped off to provide it ran around like, well, a chicken with it's head cut off, spilling it's life blood everywhere in the process, before having all it's feathers mercilessly yanked out, then gutted, trimmed, cut up, packaged, and sent off to Winco for me to purchase for my delicious, nutritious dinner. Does that trigger you vegiefags? Are you angry? Crying, maybe (one can hope)?

Good. I don't give a rat's ass about farmed animals. They are provided for our nutrition and I'm thankful for that. I'd recommend you turn your misguided emotional outburts towards the ethical treatment of wild animals, especially endangered species. We don't need to be slaughtering them.

Also, one more thing: How about you use all your apparently abundant energies towards the ethical treatment of HUMANS? We treat each other like shit, every fucking day. Take some Syrian refugees into your home for fuck's sake, they have CHILDREN, won't you think of them? Or is a gods-be-damned COW more important to you than a HUMAN CHILD? Seriously, who's the monster now?

Oh, and my LDL's are low, my HDL's are high, my triglycerides are low, and I'm between 10% and 12% bodyfat, have athelete-level endurance, and a huge amount of muscle; I'm as healthy as a proverbial horse, and I eat meat every single day. Suck it, vegetarians. You are proven wrong over and over and over again, BTFO at every turn.

Get correct.
>>
>>35928189
>incorrectly assuming you're worth my time at all
You've already had more of it than you deserve. The denizens of /fit/ will see to your ultimate fates.
>>
>>35928182
I've yet to see any supplementary facts that indicate against anything I've just said and if you're too stupid to understand basic epidemiology and fail to grasp the fact that longevity is solely a product of technological advancement and not dietary changes I can't help you. But here is a simple article that supports my point from a reputable and local vendor:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-02/opinion/ct-perspec-0302-cholera-20120302_1_cholera-outbreak-epidemics
>>
>>35928228
>Cake and pastries
eggs and butter
>butter
saturated fat (increases bodily inflammation)
>cooked sausage
>mayonnaise
eggs
>ice cream
>no intake of plant based nutrition
Really? Huh...

And that's the American diet you just greentexted idiot, that's a pretty good indicator that meat is inherently interconnected with a generalized study of current western dietary patterns. Additionally its the constant consumption of saturated fats that triggers inflammation which is common in red meat and eggs, which systemically disrupts normal cellular replication and processes thereby increasing incidence of a battery of diseases. And grats on the one study you read...
>>
>>35928300
There's this wonderful thing called lean protein, you know. You're completely delusional if you think animal products or even saturated fat are the only contributing factor to the inflammatory biomarkers this study is seeing.
>>
File: 1349577565262.png (18 KB, 289x276) Image search: [Google]
1349577565262.png
18 KB, 289x276
>>35928234
>implying i cant care about more than one issue and not eating meat consumes my entire life
>implying ranchers dont kill off wild animals so they can have land for grazing their livestock
>implying i can afford or even have room for another person
>implying a care more about cows than humans
>implying implications
>>
>>35926632
we dont have to kill for food.
>>
>>35925853
Finally
>>
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/
>>
this article is not really in depth and is 16 years old. It doesnt really prove shit, it also says that if we are to take intestines alone then dogs would be seen as omnivores. Theres many other traits. Real omnivores have an instinct to eat meat, we do not.
>>
>>35928412

Dogs are omnivores though
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>35928418
says you
>>
>>35928412
We are omnivores, dude. This isn't even something most vegans would deny. The problem with OP and many other meatheads is they think an omnivore needs both plants and meat to survive. It just means we evolved as food opportunists, like rats. We can survive on either as long as we meet our nutritional needs.
>>
>>35928418
they are adaptable, but they are not omnivores. Just like us, we CAN eat meat, but that does not make us omnivore

>>35928454
>>
>>35928349
Right and the commonplace idealization that the cholesterol in those lean proteins is genuinely safe is a little bit funny given that when people consume a plant based diet their LDL plummets, and in cases where heart disease was involved it could be reversed by eating a plant based diet. You might be chipper and jolly now but when you're migrating into senior citizen territory and you have a handful of stints and by-passes I don't think you'll be particularly happy with your choices.
>>
>>35928545
>fat fucks on shitty diets move to a healthier diet and get better
>it's impossible to have low ldlc without total elimination of dietary cholesterol
>all vegans have low ldlc
:^)
>>
>>35928545
Reductionist drivel. You and almost every other plant-based guru can't seem to fathom the idea of context or the idea that 99.9% of chronic diseases are multi-factorial.

Yes complete elimination of dietary cholesterol would incur the greatest protection against heart disease, but how much in the context of being lean, exercise, eating plenty of plants, stress, etc probably not enough to give up a whole food group.

Health isn't an on/off switch
>>
>>35927616
OP's link pretty much explicitly says that we are the perfect halfway point between carnivore and herbivore. So of course we can't do a carnivore's job as efficiently as a carnivore; we are essentially a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to our biology (except in long distance running, we are pretty much GOAT there).
>>
>>35927681
This. If we truly weren't designed to eat meat, it would be like trying to digest a piece of rubber.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.