[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is starting Keto a good idea for a literal hungry skeleton trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Is starting Keto a good idea for a literal hungry skeleton trying to make some gains?
A mate of mine has started the diet, I was trying to convince him that just bulking is the way forward for now, but he's convinced he can eat the same amount on Keto and gain mass as less is lost.
>>
File: 1450555953826.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1450555953826.gif
2 MB, 400x267
>>35536614

>keto
>gains

???

just eat what the fuck you want when you are a hungry skeleton

eat at 500 cal surplus whatever you like to eat. You cant be hungry eating that much.

If he wants to do keto and still get his surplus in its fine i guess. For some people the lack of carbs is an issue - cravings etc. If he can handle it without any problems why not.

Reminder -

it only matters to a certain extent where the calories come from. If your TDEE is 2000 and you eat a 2500 breakfast you are done for the day and you will gain mass.

or oyu distribute it over the day and eat stuff that keeps you full all day - what non autist do.
>>
>>35536614
if he eats a very small amount of carbs the tde changes up
so he must eat more to gain mass
>>
No matter what diet you do just eat 3.5k calories until you stop gaining weight
>>
>>35536681
>it only matters to a certain extent
carbs are easier to digest than fat and proteins
it means that for the same amount of calories you will get much more energy if it comes from carbs than if it comes from fat than if it comes from protein
the typical tde calculations are on diets that consist of at least 60% carbs...
you get my idea I guess
>>
>>35536751

yes thats why i put that in

also complex carb meme etc
>>
File: 50693909.jpg (191 KB, 594x393) Image search: [Google]
50693909.jpg
191 KB, 594x393
I did keto until I forgot how to eat normally. Was in a state of temporary diabetes because sugar/carbs would make me jump up. Getting back to normal wasn't fun, took an entire week of feeling like shit.

Protip: The secret to getting out of keto is Milk/yogurt

Don't make the same mistake I did
>>
>bicep curls will progress the human species
>>
>>35536614

I'm on Keto for almost two years now, but I'm lifting for over a decade now. It is possible to gain muscle with a keto diet. Let me tell you that most people have no idea what a proper keto diet looks like, especially if you lift.

I would suggest him to do a low carb high fat diet first, not keto.
>>
How hungry of a skeleton are you?
>>
>>35537243
Full on Auschwitz
>>
Ketofag shill reporting.

Keto is, first and foremost, for fatties who don't want to be fat anymore. You CAN make noob gains, but that isn't the purpose of it, and it wouldn't be the most efficient way to go about it.

Now, literally everyone would benefit from eating less sugar in general, regardless of whether or not you are trying to stay in ketosis for any length of time.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.