[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been like 5 years where I've said I was going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Fat_Women_pt3_1.jpg (8 KB, 194x188) Image search: [Google]
Fat_Women_pt3_1.jpg
8 KB, 194x188
It's been like 5 years where I've said I was going to get fit.

You guessed it I haven't accomplished shit. What the fuck is wrong with me. I'm not happy with myself so why can't I finish/start my goals?

Were any of you like this and need up making it?
>>
This is the secret:

Find some form of physical activity you enjoy.

That's all there is to it. When you find that, you'll look forward to excercising.

Me? I lift and listen to Audiobooks. Makes me look forward to two things; To go Lift and to keep listening to the narrative of whatever book I'm into at the moment. I go almost everyday.
>>
>>35508736
>You guessed it I haven't accomplished shit. What the fuck is wrong with me. I'm not happy with myself so why can't I finish/start my goals?

stop feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change you just have to do it.
>>
>>35508775
Pretty much this. All this "Just do it" shit is nonsense. If you don't like what you're doing, you might stick with it for a few years at most, when it should be something to do for your whole life. Not everyone needs to pull 300kg from the floor, find an activity you enjoy or find a way to enjoy an activity you don't.

I hated going to the gym because it would cost me hours of the day, there was shitty music and everything was far apart. I've changed to a home gym setup and now I can lift naked while putting jazz music on blast, record all my lifts and walk around in between sets without having to worry about anyone judging me.

Also start with baby steps, most of the quitters can't wait to put a lot of weight on the bar and then never develop decent form and quit because they stall. Have fun and be humble about your goals at first, you won't be fit in a month or two.
>>
>>35508736
I don't know man.

I used to be a fat piece of shit because I simply didn't know I could become fit. Nobody ever encouraged me, I was always the worst in PE classes and everybody mocked me. To me being able to do any kind of physical activity has always been something other people were, but never me. The difference for me was picking up forms of activity I can do completely on my own, like running, cycling, fitness.

So, in the end it's always >>35508775 .
You need to figure out what keeps you from using your body and find an activity that puts as little emphasis on that aspect as possible. Eventually you can use that thing as a nice entry to other activities.
>>
File: 1445267370738.jpg (418 KB, 1280x1973) Image search: [Google]
1445267370738.jpg
418 KB, 1280x1973
>>35508775
>>35508839
Agreed.

I love lifting, and would keep doing it even if I didn't get any gains. But I do, and that's another reason I keep lifting - I have a fear of being skinny.

So, OP, just find an activity you enjoy, and don't torture yourself too much. If you go to gym, try to befriend some people who lift at the same time as you. I have 4-5 friends who come at 8:00 AM as me, and we all smile and greet each other and have small talk, so gym people feel like some kind of a small family. It makes me feel better every morning.

Also, if you feel bad in the gym, try to "reprogram" your brain. Basically, every time you get in the changing room, force yourself to think "fuck, this is going to be a good workout and I'll feel fucking good". Even if it's just reciting words, keep doing it. After a month that thinking pattern grows into your mind and you start truly enjoying every trip to the gym.

also
>pic related is why you should love exercise
>>
>>35508736
Grow some willpower and stop being a fucking child. Don't go all in and do someting small every day, when you make it a habit, do a bit more. Seriously, that is all it takes.
>>
>>35508736
not everybody can be a success

most people end up failures and never really do anything despite their potential

you think most people havent said "I'm going to get rich" or "I'm going to do great in school"

they could do it if they worked hard but they dont

you dont work hard and you'll always be a failure
>>
>>35508956
How does one get rid of that attitude/mindset? Is it possible?
>>
>>35508992
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment
>>
>>35508736
because saying half assed things gets little done and means even less
>>
>>35508775
Can I ask, how?
When I run or lift I don't even hear lyrics to songs how do I listen to a book
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.