[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ What's the proper amount of time to rest between sets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (693 KB, 499x408) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
693 KB, 499x408
/fit/
What's the proper amount of time to rest between sets?
>>
>>37959942
doesn't really matter. 30 sec to 1 min. try not to rest more than 90 seconds to keep yourself motivated
>>
research says you get maximal strength and size gains at 3 minutes
>>
>>37959942
to increase your lifts, as much time as you like, and desu you can just go for strength and still cut to a low body fat and work abs while being strong instead of doing a meme bodybuilder routine built for people on roids
>>
>>37959942
when you start getting into heavier territory (1/2/3/4) five minutes or more
>>
>>37959942
If you're going for strength, as much time as you need. I'd say a minimum of 2-3 minutes on working set and more if it helps. If you're going for hypertrophy, 60-90 seconds is usually sufficient.
>>
Doing a 5x5 routine, 3 mins between sets and 5-6 between exercises is usually enough.
>>
Back when I was only doing single reps on my one arm chin up I would take as much as 5 minutes of rest
>>
>>37959942
Enough that you feel ready to do the next set. Not so long that you cool down. 3-5 minutes is good. 10 is fine. 20 is probably too much.
>>
>>37959951
Yeah, well once you actually start putting up big numbers, 90 seconds isn't going to cut it lol
>>
When you're ready
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.