[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls help me /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
I have this thing where I can't start lifting because I don't know what routine to do. I just wanna be a lot bigger and leaner. I don't wanna look dyel anymore.
Half of /fit/ just says read the sticky, and the sticky says SS. The other half of /fit/ says SS is a mean and won't help you look good. I don't know what to do /fit/ I just wanna start lifting and Make it. Should I just do a 6 day ppl
>>
Saying SS is a meme is a meme. Just read the sticky, if it were a meme it wouldn't be there.
>>
>>37959866
Do SS. This place is a fucking cesspool. The sticky has good info.

Consistently working out your entire body several times a week and eating enough is more important than a particular program, though.
>>
>>37959873
This

The "SS is a meme" phrase in itself is a meme. Do SS plus accessories for like 5-6 months and you'll be fine lad.

Literally as long as you are picking up barbells and putting them down, you'll make progress as a beginner. SS is just a program to help you make quicker strength ga isn't than something like a shitty brosplit
>>
>>37959866
It says read the sticky, not fit. Fit is a meme itself, if you were to be fit youd be a roided powerlifting bodybuilder with autism and probably gay.

Read the sticky.
>>
>>37959928
Jason Blaha here...
>>
Alright I'll do SS for the first 6 months then. Will I still get bigger or just stronger? Also what kinds of accessories should I do?
>>
>>37959945
Hes the embodyment of 95% of fit
>>
>>37959997
If you eat enough, you will gain weight.

Do chin ups. Curls on Friday, if you want. Buy the Starting Strength book (just google starting strength pdf to download).
>>
>>37959866
Just give SS a shot, do it for at least a month. If you don't wanna continue, switch to any other of the beginner routines in the sticky (Greyskull, PHIR, Reg Park, etc)
>>
>>37959997

you will get smaller and weaker. my brother did SS and turned auschwitz
>>
>>37959997
SS+ pull ups, dips and some curls for the girls is good enough
>>
>>37960010
Fair enough...
>>
>>37959866
Do SS and then if you start looking T-Rex, switch to Push/Pull/Legs routine.

You can always add accessory bullshit to SS too, like at the end of your workout, throw in some bicep/triecp isolation shit, shoulder stuff, etc. You don't have to only do the 3 main exercises and then go home.
>>
>>37959866
SS isn't supposed to make you look good. Its supposed to teach you how to lift and to make the most of your noobgains in a small amount of time so that in 6 months to a year you can move on to an intermediate program.

Just focus on your form for all 3 lifts and put the 5 lbs on every workout. That's all you need to do right now. If in 4 months or so you want to add some accessories, go for it. But what's important is that you'll be building the foundation of compound lifts that will take you through the rest of your journey.

Just ignore his fucking diet advice. Looking at you now it looks like you've got some excess fat but you aren't too heavy yet. Just eat a slight calorie surplus and you'll be g2g.

Also, here's two pieces of advice for anyone starting out I think are incredibly handle:
1, No one gives a fuck about you or what you're lifting
2. Leave your ego at the door

Lift what you can safely lift with good form. Don't go to snap city because you want to impress the cardiobunnies. Form is everything so treat it with the respect it deserves.

Can't wait for you to make it, bro.
>>
>>37960267
Thanks bro, I'll try my best
>>
AND remember, it's not just lifting, but eating and sleeping too !!!
The trifecta
>>
>>37960267
god bless you, bro
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.