[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gravity gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: gravitron-ride[1].jpg (83 KB, 606x505) Image search: [Google]
gravitron-ride[1].jpg
83 KB, 606x505
Has anyone ever been on a graviton or rotor? It's the ride that spins to simulate gravity and the floor removes, holding you against the wall with gravity. I was on one a few years ago and it took heavy strength just to resist it.

I found you can buy them for 75,000 dollars.
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/gravitron-carnival-ride

Is it possible to get a group of men together and create a high gravity gym where they work their way up to being able to move and lift under high gravity for periods of time? Slowly up the weight, period of time you go in there, and gravity.

Has anyone tried this before and if not, is there a reason no one has tried it before? Let's create the first high gravity gym.

https://youtu.be/UMvtizOAtVU

Thanks, /sci/
>>
>Working out in a non inertial reference frame
>Never gonna make it
>>
>>37957476
Man, you fuckwits don't really understand how the human body is designed to work. Similar to how humans develop diseases in zero g, we would develop problems training in higher gravity. Humans have evolved to live in a gravity field strength of 9.82m/s2, any more and health problems would arise.

Also, fuck you for going on thisiswhyimbroke, that place is reddit as fuck.
>>
At the fair I went on this ride and pretended I was vegita ( idk why not goku) and tried to do crunches the whole time. Just thought id let you know.
>>
>>37958791
That's where I got the idea. I did pushups and situps and it took almost all my strength just to get my head up the first few times when it was going faster.
>>
couldnt you just use heavier weights?
>>
>>37959418

Pfft, that's so 2015
>>
>>37958116

You sound like the most boring fuck in existence.
>>
>>37958116
>9.82 m/s2

fucking triggered where the fuck did you learn high school physics
>>
File: eyeye.jpg (33 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
eyeye.jpg
33 KB, 268x265
>>37957476
sure lets throw weights around in a gravatron, whoops! couldnt hold onto that splipper 45lb plate ... sorry man
>>
>>37960071
>implying it's constant
>>
That's some Dragon Ball level shit
>>
>>37958116
>>
>>37957476
>is there a reason no one has tried it before?
A few:
-It's a dumb idea
-It's a dangerous idea
-It's a lot cheaper to lift 200lbs than to lift 100lbs at 2x gravity in a 75,000 dollar machine
>>
>>37957476
Possible? Yes, probably.
It's also possible to shove a whole mag light up your ass, but most people don't do it.
>>
>>37957476
facepulls would be dope in one of those
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.