[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From society's perspective, is this what one should aspire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: jay.jpg (92 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
92 KB, 640x640
From society's perspective, is this what one should aspire to bodywise?
>>
>being a skelly

this isn't even ottermode

the sexiest and most well respected bodytype is ottermode but it means OTTERMODE not being on the line of being skelly and otter
>>
>>37948227
I've always wondered why everybody wants to be a normie. Most normie are mediocre and live a mundane life. That is why they are called a normie. Why not strive for your potential? When you look back on your death bed you're not going to be like "yeah I got everyone to like me", you're going to think "damn, I shouldve just done me and reach my potential and die with no regrets". Idk that's just my opinion
>>
>>37948253
>>37948283
But from society's perspective, being barely otter is going to do it, right?
>>
File: tumblr_npkq8uxwLW1sb3l28o1_400.gif (1 MB, 283x160) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npkq8uxwLW1sb3l28o1_400.gif
1 MB, 283x160
>>37948283
>normie life
>jay alvarrez
pick one
>>
File: ClvfZjsXEAAyKYH.jpg (105 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
ClvfZjsXEAAyKYH.jpg
105 KB, 980x490
>>37948253
>>
>>37948253
>>37948283
you will literally never have a life even remotely close to this
>>
File: kysdegenerate.jpg (54 KB, 1732x650) Image search: [Google]
kysdegenerate.jpg
54 KB, 1732x650
>>37948283
ya senpai fk da haters man idk wha dey do but ima do me 4real
>>
>>37948747
>>37948782
>>37948795
i want tumblr to leave
>>
>>37948875
what the fuck does this even mean? i haven't even posted at all in this thread but you give people shit for getting images from tumblr? what do you only browse 4chan exclusively like it's an exclusive club or something?

you're a faggot dude.
>>
>>37948795

Personally I doubt that (because I'm studying at a top 5 uni, already have good job prospects) but even if I didn't, and for people who aren't fortunate as I am, why would I ever want to be a daddy's bitch living off of a trust fund? I was raised to work hard in life for my luxuries, and I'd never want to be someone who was just handed everything... that disgusts me in a way, really. Like all fat people who just want a trick diet or miracle pill.
>>
>>37948934
>why would I ever want to be a daddy's bitch living off of a trust fund?

this is something i never got. parents are there to support their kids. if they did enough work to make it so their kid could live a life that 99% of the population dream of, who wouldn't do it? you only have your view because your parents didn't do that for you.

if your dad would've came to you and said "go sky diving, surfing, skiing, travel the world in my private jet, etc etc." you would do it in a heart beat.
>>
>>37948924
no idea whats going on but i agree this random anon fit poster is a homosexual good call other random anon fit poster tho you may also be a homosexualy
>>
>>37948959
exactly. how can you dislike somebody simply because they get to enjoy the fact they have been born into better means than you
>>
>>37948934
>muh work ethic

Kek obviously you would rather do no work and be rich, and get to enjoy your youth living life as opposed to grinding years out in uni.
>>
>>37948959
>>37948994
I don't dislike the guy, and I'm not the guy you responded to, but I do think you can be justified in poorly regarding someone born rich that lives a life of self-service and vanity. I respect anyone less who doesn't make the most of their situation; from the looks of what's in this thread so far, I respect this Jay Alvarez person less than I would respect a person from a poor background who became a hairdresser or something.
>>
>>37948994

I'm not disliking them because they've been born into better means. I'm disliking them because I believe they are wasting their potential. When I graduate, if I get VC funding I want to start a biotech startup. These people who live off of daddy's money have all the security in the world - why aren't they doing anything with their position?

>>37948959

I come from a wealthy family and have a sizeable inheritance already from my late grandfather. I still don't see how people can just never do anything productive. It would drive me mad. I want to succeed on my own terms, not be nursed like a child.

Still, I believe it's up to everyone to choose how to live their life. I just don't see how they're content with that choice being "Never accomplish anything, have all your (extremely extravagant) life paid for by a trust fund"
>>
>>37949095
Nothing you do is going to make a difference in the world. Why not just have fun and spend your time doing things you like to do?
>>
File: jayalvarrez.jpg (146 KB, 840x610) Image search: [Google]
jayalvarrez.jpg
146 KB, 840x610
>>37949035
>born rich
>works hard to publish great videos and photos
>markets himself across multiple social media outlets
>becomes an icon and inspires millions of people to explore the world and travel
>builds a fulfilling relationship with a qt3.14 gf along the way
>uses his popularity to create a sustainable career

yah fuck that guy
>>
>>37949095
Well you're generalizing. Most of the greatest scientists and intellectuals throughout history were wealthy aristocrats.
>>
>>37949095
>why aren't they doing anything with their position?

you must be really disconnected from modern society to think that being a social media influencer is doing nothing
>>
>>37948303
Yeah to an extant. Full ottermode is wayyyyyy better though. Just look around in your gym ffs. You'll see what I mean
>>
>>37949155
I don't know anything about the guy, you plum - I was making a general point.

Although,
>works hard to publish great videos and photos
seem a bit spurious.
>>
>>37949141

Because the things I enjoy are working on something which I think will make a difference in the world, for the better. And even if I fail, I have worked enough to get a great world renowned STEM degree so I have job security forever. Not to mention all the networking at uni.

Now imagine all that, with a big fat trust fund to boot. Even like $1 million, which is probably tiny to that wealthy kid, is enough seed money for any startup, especially since you don't lose equity. And even if you didn't want to be an entrepreneur, that much money could be funneled to better things.

(Note: I'm not saying splurging is bad once in a while - but I feel like if you grow to be the trust fund kid, you'll splurge ALL THE TIME.)
>>
>>37949162

Exactly.
>>
>>37948795
It's not difficult to get there. At all. It seems like some people (the majority) just don't apply themselves. Idk.
>>
>>37948959
>respecting a rich hobo
>>
>>37948747
Dam that girl is hot
>>
>instagram """""""""""models"""""""""""
>>
>>37949192
How do you get paid by Instagram?

I'm good looking
What is step 2?
>>
>>37949273
enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOHDkIxyu2A
>>
>>37948959
This.

I used to HATE the rich kids in my school, and I'd always talk shit about them behind their back, but then I grew up and decided "Oh shit, that's the EXACT same shit I want to do for my kids".

I WANT to give them everything I've never had, and I WANT to give them the good life so that they'll never be as miserable and vindictive as I was when I was a shitty little teenager.

What's wrong with trying to do things for the children you can't wait to see born?
>>
>>37949306
they're called influencers, not models, because they INFLUENCE their followers, making them extremely valuable to companies as marketing outlets.
>>
>>37948934
This. Having all the riches of life without working for it is like a dirty high. When you work for what you own, you have a richer experience of life. It's like slmeone who uses roids the first year and gets a great body vs the guy lifting natty for 10 years and having a great body. The 2nd one has character and the first one doesnt.
>>
>>37949313
1. Post consistent high quality eye catching content
2. Build your instagram follower base to a solid number (100k+)
3. Companies and brands will notice you and contact you for endorsements
4. Quote yourself a huge price that they will negotiate down ($1000+ / post)
5. Post a picture endorsing their product / brand
6. ???
7. Rake in da insta moneys
>>
>>37949317

This is not the argument. I want to do the same for my kids, too - but above that, I want to raise them to be disciplined and hard working, and to strive to be something in this life.

The only reason I would want to give my children a good life isn't so they could just live it - it's so they would have the security to develop their own.
>>
>>37949371
I'm going to make sure my kids are around a lot of respectable people. I kinda would want my kid to be a professional athlete in all honest I could probably train him to get there.
>>
>>37949314
meh

I'm a tits guy anyways
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 951x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 951x898
>>37948227
His body is pretty shit without his face
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 676x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 676x691
>>37951682
Face, frame, height, boys. Face, frame, height...
>>
>>37949314
wow these people have such cool lives and look how attractive they are guess i'll just kill myself because i will never have that much edited fun
>>
>>37948934
>>37949342
sour grapes
>>
>>37951701
>is this what one should aspire to bodywise
>bodywise
The thread is about aspiring to get this body you stupid shit
>>
If you are going to assume "society's perspective", how do you go about it? Isn't it the exact opposite as a solipsistic perspective? It's fucked up on an ontological level and seemingly impossible on an epistemological level.
>>
>>37948227
I'd say Chris Hemsworth is the perfect body for normie females
>>
>>37952150
too big
>>
>>37948283
Because the ones who avoid being normies are usually autistic manchildren.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.