[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: original.jpg (40 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
40 KB, 300x292
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

What's a good cutting routine? Obviously I just want to keep the muscle I have while at a caloric deficit. Does it even matter?
>>
>>37947653
What are the best accessories for stronglift 5x5 - if any?
>>
Can't answer your question OP, sorry.

What do I inject if I just want more body hair, faster balding, darker skin, deeper voice, all that test stuff but don't care about size?
>>
>>37947930
If I could redo that routine I would add rope pushdowns. SL will give you everything but arms, and arms are mostly triceps. Also ab work.
>>
>>37947930
Pullups/chinups if you feel you're not getting enough from your rows.
Dips
>>
I'm at 25% bodyfat

I told myself I would hit up 200kg deadlift, 160kg squat and a 105kg bench before I cut and I was approaching it.

My lifting and dieting got interrupted for liek 5 weeks and now I'm a while off those goals, but I'm still fucking fat

what do I do? do I keep gaining until i hit those arbitrary numbers and then cut or do I just call it a day cut and almost compeltely start over.
>>
>>37947996
Why dips if he's already hitting his chest with 5 sets?
>>
If I can deadlift 200 pounds have I made it?
>>
>>37948041
If you're still progressing linearly you might be able to continue increasing your lifts while cutting
>>
File: DadOfTheYear.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
DadOfTheYear.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>37947653
How is my high bar squat form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBxgyvnrhY&feature=youtu.be [Embed] [Embed]

165 x 5

I just had to deload and want to make sure my form is good.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>37948041
You're fatter than you want to be. That's going to affect your entire life while not having those lifts will affect nothing unless you happen to need to pick up a 200kg object.
>>37948055
No. That's a nice milestone though, keep going.
>>
>>37947653
how can i smile naturally for photo's
>>
>>37948057
nah i'm done with linear progression. i was doing programming so making gains seems to be a bit of a myth
>>
>>37948066
The difference between a real smile and a fake smile is the use of the muscles near the eyes. I trigger these by starting a laugh - you know, the quick exhale.
>>
>>37948055
You made it to the gym on the first day
>>
>>37948065
but man not being able to 1/2/3/4 is as painful to me as beign fat.

i wanted to hit 200kg so i could have a nice buffer whilst cutting

if i cut now i'm going to feel really shit about the work i've been putting into gym as it dissipates with little to show for it
>>
So, is the guy who deadlifts the most at the gym feasibly the gym leader?

Do I have to deadlift more, or just get into a boxing ring with him?
>>
>>37948041
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
>>
>>37947653
>What's a good cutting routine? Obviously I just want to keep the muscle I have while at a caloric deficit. Does it even matter?
OP here still requesting this
>>
My bench is very weak (struggling with lmao1pl8) and I don't have any friends to spot me. How do I get better? Any exercises that could help? (On SL 5x5 btw)
>>
>>37948142
ask someone to spot you.
spoto press
>>
>3 chewable multivitamins a day
>5 grams of cod liver oil(amazing at smoothing my face)
>regular servings of liver protection(which has some vitamins)

Am I taking too much shit? isn't vitamin poisoning only a problem at like 50-100x regular serving and require those super dosed special pills?
>>
>>37948064
Notice how know your feet and ankle cave in at the bottom. This means your stance is too wide.

The bar seems to be travelling forward as you go down. This won't give you too much trouble at 165 but it will limit you as you get higher. It's a symptom of your knees continuing to move forward during the entire descent. At the start of your squat shove them out and forward and then stop them. As in, you could put a block of wood two or three inches in front of your feet and you wouldn't knock it over.
>>
>>37948191
Vitamin A could be a problem with the cod liver oil. That shit'll kill you.
>>
>>37948217
You mean the vitamin in all fruits and vegetables?
>>
>>37948138
Same routine you do, probably with slightly less volume. You can try to improve the lifts if you're able but if you stall try to maintain.
>>
Very new here so forgive me. But this is more vocabulary based than fitness, but what's a Manlet?
>>
File: loader.png (205 KB, 321x371) Image search: [Google]
loader.png
205 KB, 321x371
Why the fuck does Marmite have to taste like fucking ass? It's the spread of the gods, macro wise.

Per 100g, it's 250 cal, <0.5g fat, 24g carbs, and 39g fucking protein.
>>
>>37948287
A short male. It's mostly a meme when people say average height is a manlet.
>>
>>37948287
Small dudes, in height and bulk.
>>
>>37948287
Anyone below 6'3".
>>
>>37948287

A man under 6 feet.
>>
>>37947930
replace 1 day of squats per week with Good Mornings, replace 1 day of deads with pulls - but only after 16 weeks if you were a noob.
>>
Lost 48 lbs in the past 3 months through diet alone.

Been going to the gym every other day this week to use the bikes and get myself vaguely used to moving around again (couldn't walk after an injury a few years back, doctor just cleared me to hit the gym and finally shift the bulk).

Starting lifting on Monday. Should I grab some protein powder? Everything I read says I should be eating more protein, and I set up MFP's macros to reflect that, but I'm finding it hard to hit the goal. Today I had a load of chicken, some turkey mince, and eggs, and I'm still way off the goal.
>>
>>37948302

Just cook some ground turkey and put it in a blender if you want a "spread".
>>
>>37948344
What is your goal protein to hit? People vastly over estimate the amount of protein they need to make "gains"
>>
>>37948344
1g protein per lb body weight is all you need. I can get 108g from 450g skinless chicken breast, with only 477 calories.

>>37948351
I cooked chicken breast before and blended it to use as pizza toppings, it wasn't much in the way of spread lmao. Maybe ground turkey will be different, or maybe I need a better blender.
>>
>>37948226
Yup. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_A#Toxicity

>>37948344
Won't hurt, but it's not some kind of secret sauce. Just another kind of food.
>>
>>37948357
A few sources said 50%, so that's what I set MFP to.

At 1840 kcals a day, that's 230g.
>>
>>37948226
>These toxicities only occur with preformed (retinoid) vitamin A (such as from liver). The carotenoid forms (such as beta-carotene as found in carrots), give no such symptoms,
>>
>>37948383
Yeah, you don't need that much, try to aim for ~90-150.
>>
>>37948392
Even with the 1g per lb rule? I'm currently at 285.
>>
Difference between doing standing DB curls and doing those seated curls where you sort of hunched over and lifting against your knee?
>>
>>37948373
Maybe I'm just not eating enough chicken then. I only had 294g for lunch (68g of protein), and 206g of turkey mince for dinner (40g of protein).
>>
>>37948415
The 1g per lb rule is per pound of lean body mass, not including fat, As well as it can be anywhere between .5-1 per pound, not necessarily 1. In any case to answer your original question it'll probably be a good idea to buy protein powder, it's nice to have especially when cutting.
>>
>>37948376
well split my dick and call me caitlyn
>>
>>37948287
>>37948318
This is the only real definition as far as memes are concerned.

In reality 5'9" is average for Americans, and the dating pool (females preference) peaks from 5'10-6'2.
>>
>>37948419
Chicken is just one source I use. I use protein powder when cutting, but not often, only if I didn't manage to hit my macros that day. I usually try to hit my protein target as early as I can, so I only have to bother with the total calories for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I'll have a can of tuna, but tha't supposed to be bad for you in excess, due to the mercury content. Bacon and eggs, sausages, can be high fat sometimes, but as long as your protein target is hit, and you're not above the calorie limit, you're better off than with protein powder.
>>
how legit is dis??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPlPM0d7eQ
>>
>>37948430
>>37948472
Great, thanks guys.

As for the macros, what should I be aiming for? Like I say, currently 285 lbs, goal is to lose fat while building muscle (and hopefully avoid the excess skin).

I know it's a broad question, but pretty much every source gives a different answer and advice, so being new to it all I'm a little lost.
>>
>>37948580
>>
what's the chicken and rice diet for vegetarians? really confused howIi am meant to get to much protein in. Already drinking whey with each meal
>>
>>37948596
1g protein per lb lbm. I do total body mass personally, because there isn't much difference, but at your bf%, there is. The rest is relatively inconsequential. I just consume 180g protein a day, and disregard fat and carb ratios.

Generally it's very difficult to lose fat and build muscle, barring noob gains, but to avoid excess skin, you'll need to make sure you don't cut too fast, you need to let your skin adjust to the lack of fat stretching it out.
>>
>>37948629
Hope you like egg whites and whey my nigga
>>
alternate day fasting, just don't eat monday, wednesday, friday. eat whatever you want on the other days. I don't count calories and do this whenever I need to cut. Have lost 100lbs total and easily lose weight doing this.
>>
Not a question but just something kinda good I guess. I thought I was around 175 lbs, high BF% and just had absolutely horrible bone structure. Turns out I'm 195 actually. I know it doesn't sound like a good thing but knowing I CAN make it feels pretty good. Kinda pissed at myself for being 20 pounds over what I thought I was though... :/
>>
i dont squat or deadlift. should i start?

I've been doing leg presses for legs and rowing machines/pull ups for the back

should i start?
>>
>>37949808
yes definitely, squats and deadlifts are the best exercises out there and if you do them right your body will respond almost immediately and you will notice some quick gains
>>
I don't have sex so I decided to fap twice a week to try to improve test a little bit, is this number good or should I go for once a week only?
>>
>>37949854
i do once a week
>>
what are good bicep workouts beside curling
>>
>>37949854
It doesn't matter, it's just not very good to sit around all day fapping when you could be doing something more productive.
IIRC, that study nofap is based on showed a spike in test at the 7 day mark, fluctuations through the week, and a return to baseline after that.
>>
>>37949978
yeah i don't really care for masturbation tbqh, im only doing it because i figured if i stopped completely my body could lower test since i'm not using my dingdong, i know nofap is a meme.
Ill start doing it once a week and hope for the best.

>>37949879
different curls than the curl youre talking about i believe
>>
Ok I'll try to keep it short

Skeleton Ectomorph here. I have muscle definition but I think it's because my low bodyfat and theyre peeking through, rather than them being developed. I have literally no pecs but I have muscley legs.

I can't eat red meat, nor any dairy or even soy protein. I have tried to eat tons of chicken but my stomach just can't handle it or I get skinnyfat.

Should I just work on toning everything since I can barely put any bulk on? Or is there an effective nondairy nonsoy protein powder of sorts? Everything I've tried barely gives more than 15g.

I float around 130-135 and I'm a manlet sizing up at 5'8.75"
>>
my squats and overhead press are stalling, anything to improve them ?
>>
>>37948302
Also 5000mg of sodium you twat.
>>
How long in advance do you have to book doctors appointments (in the US) for a general physician? I have insurance
>>
>>37948097
So stop complaining and get to work ffs. What are you 13?
>>
Whats the deal with kettlebells? Good for anything in particular?
>>
File: Greyskull LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
>>37947653

For those that do GSLP, what kind of rows do you do? I've been doing pendlays after squats according to the program but i'm too fucked afterwards to do them effectively. Should I do t bar rows or something else instead?
>>
>>37947653
I am cutting right now. I am 150 lbs and 5'10". I am currently taking EC stack and eating 200 or 300 calories less than my TDEE a day. I want to preserve as much muscle as I can, is this deficit ok? I know the sticky says -500, but I'd like to keep muscle and am taking EC stack.
>>
Is there any real difference in benefit between dumbell and barbell curls?
>>
>>37950190
Depends on the location and the gi of course but they should be able to get you in within the week at least. Be ready to fill out some paperwork for insurance and medical history.
>>
how long do i plank after working out ?

doing a 5x5 beginner routine btw
>>
File: 1394258065050.jpg (185 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1394258065050.jpg
185 KB, 960x731
>>37947653
Around what body fat percentage do man tits tend to disappear? I don't have actual gyno, just fat and at 18% bodyfat. I want a rough time estimate for when I'll have a flat chest, and can start bulking and building it up.
>>
>>37948287
It's a meme. It's a term for really short guys who don't have much muscle. Smaller than the average man in all ways, hence "manlet". But then a second meme came up, which is telling newfags higher definitions. So while the manlet cutoff point used to be, like, 5'5, it's now something like 6'4 as far as /fit/ is concerned.
>>
>>37951085
depends on fat distribution
>>
File: 1468718282710.jpg (70 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1468718282710.jpg
70 KB, 599x449
Is a ketogenic diet worth it? Having trouble finding the final word. I just want to cut down by about 10 - 15 kg. Still have fat belly / ass.

Can I build muscle while doing it? I'm doing starting strength.
>>
>>37951115
Assume I'm an "average" male who mostly stores fat in his belly and chest
>>
>>37951136
around 12 ish but depending on how much muscle you have 15 can already be pretty tght
>>
>>37951144
Ok, thanks. Once I hit 12-13 percent body fat, the plan was to bulk and cut between 12 and 16 anyway, so that works out well for me.
>>
>>37948097
You shouldn't lose a whole lot of strength on a cut unless you're elite level. My deadlift had actually gone up by 40kg to 180kg since January, and I had a 10kg cut up to summer, approx 3kg was lean bw

Strength is more neural adaptions than actual muscle mass.
>>
My ability to regulate what I eat goes to shit when I am alone.

I am moving into my new house alone next week. How do I fix this?
>>
Flat bench does not seem to be improving my bird chest. I have made gains in my shoulders, arms, core, quads, but not in my chest. I only have access to a flat bench and barbell. What can I do on stronglifts routine? Widen my grip? Add pullover accessories? Do guillotine bench? Or should I just focus on getting my bench up? It's only 155 5x5.
>>
>>37951192
First, deload the bar, or put it at like 100 lbs max. Take a shoulder width grip, and make a conscious effort to pull your elbows inward and engage your chest. Use suicide grip. Once you figure it out, increase the weight. You might also get some mileage out of doing db bench, but again remember to deload so you can get the hang of using your chest to do the lifting
>>
File: 1468428549817.jpg (195 KB, 832x1125) Image search: [Google]
1468428549817.jpg
195 KB, 832x1125
If I do
5x5 on squat, bench and bent row
What is the best bodyweight exercises to do for assistance.
>>
>>37951192
Better mind to muscle connection, also heard good things about reverse grip BP for chest. Haven't tried because I'm currently focusing on bringing my squat up
>>
>>37947939
>more body hair
topical minoxidil on desired areas

>faster balding
DHT (?)

>darker skin
Melanotan II

>deeper voice
growth hormone maybe. there is a surgery tho
>>
>>37951281
Not what you asked but I'll say it anyways

>Skip the row, get into a clean variety instead.
>Chinups/pullups
>dips/bench dips
>Hand stand press/frog stand press

That's what I would do.
>>
>>37951275
>>37951303
Thanks bros. This is probably my problem. Right now bench feels like a triceps exercise. I will try focussing more on engaging the chest with a lighter weight.
>>
Is it possible to both lose weight and gain muscle at the same time?
>>
>>37951360
Y cleans
What is wrong with rows
>>
>>37951281
Chinups/Pullups
Dips
Handstand Pushups

Aside from getting fancy with inverted rows under a chair or something that's all you need
>>
>>37947653
I once found a super condensed list of rippletits' cues for deadlift. It had helped so fucking much.

Something along the lines of:
>step up to bar
>grab bar with straight legs
>bend knees until shins touch bar
>turn chest up as far as it goes
>continue the movement from the chest when it can't go further and squeeze feet into floor

I can't find anything similar for the squat though. But words cannot explain how much just those cues fixed my deadlift. No pain anymore, no plateaus
>>
How do I make my legs look bigger?
I squat big and my quads are big, but when I wear shorts, it looks I don't work lower body, only top.

Also, 3x5 or 3x8 dips on SS?
>>
>>37951382
More full workout for the same time investment. Whether it's size or power you want.
>>
>>37951360
>>Skip the row, get into a clean variety instead.
kill yourself my man
>>
Is there any way to deal with gym anxiety? I've been lifting for a while and I still have issues walking into the gym
>>
I'm poor so I go to Planet Fitness. The one I use is open 24 hours only Monday through Thursday so I go after work Tuesday and Thursday nights. Tonight I swung by a different location, but it didn't even have a standard bench because PF sucks. There were just a shit ton of Smith machines. Ordinarily one of the workouts I do is bench pressing, but since the bench was nowhere to be found I just did something approaching bench presses using dumbbells. I noticed that they're a lot harder this way because my arms wobble quite a bit even when pressing about what my normal warm up weight would be using a bar. Obviously it's happening because I haven't done much to strengthen the muscles used to balance the weight. My question here is which muscles are my weakness and would swapping out a bench press day to do dumbbell presses instead be a good workout choice? That is to say, do these muscles NEED to be strong?
>>
>>37951397
>highest level of aggression a nu-male can show
Ok

How about you just back up what you're trying to say instead of just trying to ape out over the Internet
>>
>>37951429
I don't really like arguing with people on the internet, you're most likely already set in your ways and if you actually think cleans are a good exercise to replace rows for size or strength, you are already a lost cause

better telling you to go kill yourself, it's a lot easier
>>
>>37951429
>trying to start shit on the internet
Can't get more beta than this
>>
>>37951436
You don't argue on the Internet because it reminds you of your own impotence. You're powerless and every time you get told it reminds you of the old days when you were bullied by the girls in school.

But it's okay mang. I'm here for you, well get through this together
>>
File: 562.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>37951443
>all that projecting
>>
>>37947653
Is it normal that squat performance suffers if you've trained shoulders the day before (or earlier same day)?
>>
>>37951387
try this
http://startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Lifts#The_Squat

>>37951461
doesn't really have anything to do with shoulders, any exercise can impact your performance on the squat, depending on how taxing it is on your central nervous system.

that's why you usually squat first when you enter the gym if you're prioritizing performance on the squat. try deadlifting a full set one day first and you'll see all of your other lifts will suffer heavily because of how taxing they are.
>>
>>37951425
Same here brother. I just go late at night, like 11pm if you can make it. It actually makes a pretty good sleeping pill, believe it or not.
>>
>>37951508
I guess I need to get a 24 hour gym membership. The gym I go to closes at 11
>>
>>37951492
Cheers, currently at the gym and I just added 1kg to max to squat. Still pathetically stuck just below 3pl8, but at least I'm going somewhere again.

Read somewhere that good form adds to the numbers because it is the most efficient way to lift the weight.
>>
>>37951516
just go before 11, duh.
Or just fucking go. Who cares about other people, you're there for you.
>>
What's the best way to muscle up my chest when I only really have access to a pull up bar (useless for chest (?)) and dumbbells (Apparently useless without a bench for chest)??
>>
>>37951375
as a beginner, yes. the benefits of noob gains.

>>37951390
your quads are already big, so obviously work on the other parts of the legs that aren't. what is seen when you wear shorts? calves? then calf raises should help.

rep range doesn't really matter. both are fine as long as you progress and increase weight when you're able to do the full 3 sets.
>>
>>37951530

Floor press and flies with the DBs. If you're strong enough you might be able to use the pullup bar for dips depending on where its hanging.
>>
I'm thinking of beginning Starting Strength. (24, 190cm, 77kg)

Do I really have to eat 3000< kcal?

I was 95kg a couple years ago and have since tried to maintain a steady 2200 kcal intake. Will this be enough (including all necessary macros) for SS to be effective?
>>
>>37951516
You could just go at 10. It will empty out usually an hour before close.
>>
Has anyone here quit lifting for a while? I stopped for about 5 months and have gained fat, lost size and my strength has sucked since getting back into it and I'm really fucking sore after my first 2 sessions back

Will I get size/strength gains and be able to drop fat at the same time on a caloric deficit and get back to my old size? I figure it will be like noob gains again because of muscle memory
>>
>>37951563
Yeah I'll try that for a while before changing gyms
>>
I broke out in really bad acne this past month, face, neck, my sides, thighs, and REALLY bad in my pubic mound area. I've not changed anything other than increasing the intensity of my hiit sessions (3 times a week). Only been training 6 months, been losing 10-13lbs each month. I'm no longer obese but still in the overweight BMI range fwiw.

Any ideas?
>>
>>37951558
you will stall very fast, you can't keep up the kind of strength gains a routine like SS offers without eating at a decent surplus.

do it anyway, it'll work for a while, but you'll see at some point you will stall and will have to increase your calorie intake or switch routines.
>>
>>37951591
something definitely changed, it can't happen just because of how you train. usually that would be your diet, reacting particularly bad to something you're now eating in your diet.

might want to see a dermatologist.
>>
>>37951558
it's not enough to even maintain on SS, and you can forget about gaining any sort of muscular bodyweight. you'll gain strength for a while, then stall. I have no idea why anyone would do the program like that, but it's possible.
>>
>>37951605
>>37951591
Your fat actually stores hormones, so if you had a very bad hormonal imbalance at the time that fat you're losing/using was generated it gets released out into the body again.

Or maybe that's just bro science. Doesn't sound implausible and haven't heard otherwise.
>>
>>37951605
>>37951630

Nothing has changed diet wise other than an increase in my fitness, continued weight loss and reduced RHR (was 90-100 when I started, 50-55 now).

Maybe the water in the shower is diff or something, the acne is really bad though, it's like those painful puss filled ones that explode everywhere.

Been fapping 5 times a day too. I thought maybe my test levels are going up or something, but I've always fapped a lot anyway.
>>
>>37947653
And here's your host Tim the Tool Man Taylor!!!
>>
>>37950618
thats the /fit/ one. In the actual greyskull you do all upper body exercies before squats/deadlifts. I personally do yates row to answer your question
>>
>>37951657
Diets don't have to change, like I said fat stores hormones so e.g. you got fat during puberty and you lost the weight now, you would have hormones from your puberty flushing your system.

Acne is number one symptom of hormonal imbalance of some sort.
>>
File: IMG_20160717_114502.jpg (751 KB, 1420x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_114502.jpg
751 KB, 1420x1920
estimate BF brehs
>>
I was gonna go and try to make a pullup station in my yard but decided to do rings instead.

What's your experience with rings?
I'm a complete beginner btw. I can only do around 4 pullups.
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 435x470) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359 KB, 435x470
Are there any exercises to help naturally correct and/or help prevent pain from a 10 degree upper thoracic spine curvature? The curve is directly between my shoulder blades.

I get intense pain when standing still for longer than 10 or 20 minutes and also when I sit down in a chair without perpendicular pressure on my shoulder blades.
>>
Ive been cutting on SS for 1.5 months and progress is very slow. I want to keep cutting for a couple of months or about 5kg loss.
Am I better off switching routines while im cutting or keep going with the slow progress?
I mean I increase my squat 5lb once every 3 sessions rather than every session like I'm meant to.

6'7 90kg/198lb ~20% bodyfat skinnyfat lanklet
>>
>>37951857
>6'7
>90 kg
>cutting
Are you mentally challenged? Is this what happens to guys that fall for the muh abs meme?

>>37951835
OHP, Deadlifts, Rows, chins (later on weighted), Low bar squats pretty much strength your back. I used to have that with sore elbows as a skelly and after bulking and goin on SS into TM no pain.
>>
>>37951810
14-15% bfat leaning more towards the 14, you need to work legs bro I can't see a single definition even though you're hairless, pretty much you have women tier thighs.
>>
>>37951180
Make up your mind to log everything you eat and go from there. And only buy satiating/difficult-to-prepare foods.

>>37951427
>db bench is always harder than flat bench
>db benching is useful but secondary to flat benching

>>37951827
Dey coo
>>
>>37951903
Im 20% bodyfat which is a long way from abs m8. Its mainly for health benefits also for muscle gains its optimal to be in the 12%-15% bodyfat range as higher fat levels lower insulin sensitivity.
Just not being fat is the goal right now
>>
is there any advantage to legpressing as an accesory as opposed to just doing more sets of squats
>>
>>37951966
Just leanbulk you probably looks like a skeleton. I bet you could leanbulk 10kg and look good.
>>
>>37951966
Yeah bro your insulin sensitivity, in fact at 20% bodyfat you're pretty much a transitioning into a female since your adipose tissue is aiding with estrogen production. You remind me of this thread with that health comment. http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/nutrition/36042-diet-please.html .
You're either going to learn after you wasted some time, stay as a forever lanklet with abs only and 13-14 inch bis, or give up.

Good luck eitherway If I were you I would bulk up while counting macros and actually put on some muscle on my already lanklet figure.
>>
Should a skelly having a hard time to put on weight still do cardio?
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (38 KB, 454x275) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
38 KB, 454x275
I don't have much space for a bench at home, so I want to do weighted dips for chest.

Which is better for weighted dips, are the parallettes sturdy enough?
>>
>>37952045
If you are struggling to put on weight then I would not do cardio for 6-7 months of whatever beginner program program I am doing.
>>
>>37952032
>>37952011
Mm, yeah that seems fair, and bulking would definitely help me get proper progression in SS and its only 5kg of fat, not gonna make a huge difference.
Ill lean bulk then thanks, but just as a matter of interest, if in the end I will still need to cut fat after the bulk, what difference will it make cutting then compared to cutting now?
>>
>>37952045
You can't outrun a bulking diet so there's no reason to skip cardio
>>
>>37951912
>women thighs

that's why i clicked the photo :(
>>
Is it preferable to take creatine with a meal?
>>
>>37952095
2 things first is you won't affect your recovery by artificially making yourself an intermediate so you get more gains out of your SS thus more muscle mass. Other thing is it will be much easier to lose weight when you have some muscle and actually you will look shredded when you lose weight rather than being a skelly or skinny fat.

>>37952176
I have mine with my morning coffee and pre-workout coffee used to have it with oats never noticed a difference as long as you're getting the good stuff I don't think it matters whether you have it with food or snort it off your gymbros pecs.
>>
Is the tdee I get from the calculator in the sticky anywhere near accurate?
>>
>>37952313
It gives a rough estimate which is a good starting line, if however you're still not getting your results after 1-2 weeks I would either increase or decrease depending on your goal (bulk/cut)
>>
Can I do 5x5 weighted pullups to gain lat strength or should I aim for 8-12 reps like every routine i see says
>>
>>37952313
I don't know which one is in the sticky, but they're usually reasonably accurate. however, accuracy is not the point of TDEE calculators. the only point of TDEE calculators is to provide a reasonable intial guess, and from that point on you will adjust your calorie intake on what actually happens, not what a calculator tells you.
>>
>>37952326
I personally like to do 3x5 weighted chins. Try both and see which one works better for you.
>>
>>37951959
>>db bench is always harder than flat bench
>>db benching is useful but secondary to flat benching

OK, but should I add it to my rotation? I currently go to the gym twice a week most weeks and do flat benches both times. Would it be better if I replaced one of those with db benches? Should I maybe to my warm up with dbs then switch to flat for the heaviest portion? Is another method better than either of these?
>>
are ab excercises useless when you have a bfa of 15%? i mean should i wait till i get to about 12% and then do ab excercises?
>>
>>37952561

Would you wait until around 12% to start curling or benching?

There's your answer.
>>
If I fail with doing pull ups and dips would it be better for me to try use the machines my gym has to try build some foundation strength in doing them?
Had a shoulder injury from benching and it has affected exercises like chin ups and pull ups but have been able to slowly get back to bodyweight chin ups.

I'm doing SL 5x5 but feel like I'm not really training my legs as much as I'd like, I try to include sitting calf raises, leg press and hamstring curl whenever possible along with the squats and standing calf raises. Are the hip flexor abductor/adductor machines useful or are there more effective alternatives?
>>
>>37952561
Ab exercises are pretty much always useless have yet to see a guy that can pull 450-500 and squat just as much (maybe slightly less) have shit abs if they cut down.

>>37952470
No stick to barbell and get strong, do your OHP for shoulder health once you hit intermediate stage you can add some DB bench if you want more volume same if you get injured since DB is usually much kinder to your joints.
>>
Any difference in progress if i lift 5 times a week x 3 times?
>>
>>37952470
>Would it be better if I replaced one of those with db benches?
It depends. If you think it's a good idea, try it for a while and see what happens.

>Should I maybe to my warm up with dbs then switch to flat for the heaviest portion?
No, that's dumb. Warm up with the exercise you're going to do.

>Is another method better than either of these?
You could add a third day with a couple of easy sets and gradually ramp up the volume. But experimentation will be required.

>>37952580
>If I fail with doing pull ups and dips would it be better for me to try use the machines my gym has to try build some foundation strength in doing them?
Lat pulldowns and chin negatives, assuming your shoulder can handle it.

>I'm doing SL 5x5 but feel like I'm not really training my legs as much as I'd like
What are your goals?

If you want your training to feel the way you'd like, do whatever your heart desires. If you want to improve some outcomes, try changing things and see how they affect those outcomes.
>also read SS:BBT and PPST3
>>
File: 1468154915596.jpg (21 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1468154915596.jpg
21 KB, 264x264
>>37951912
b-but everyone in the gym are saying that my legs are huge :<
what do you mean by saying "women tier thighs" ?
>>
I started a conversation on fb with a grill but she ended it. So should I expect her initiate the next time if she is interested or does she expect me to do it always?
>>
>>37952580
nigga machines are exactly for people like you with injuries. I had knee surgery and was forced to use the leg machines to regain my strength and now im back to squatting heavy on the barbell
>>
Why do i keep stalling on my squat once i get to around 175lb? I deload back to 1pl8 and still struggle.
>>
>>37952605
Maybe your friends are even more dyel or that pic is shit but what I mean is you have no quad definition and your legs look pretty small pretty much legs of a guy that squats 2pl8ish for reps but can't do more than 3pl8.
>>
my shins hurt after like 4km jogging/running
Why
>>
>>37952642
shin splints brah
>>
>>37952639
http://startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions
>>
>>37952639
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/training/top-10-mistakes-people-following-starting-strength-make/

>>37952642
>you're fat
>you're ramping up volume too quickly on too hard a surface
>your shoes are worn out or unsupportive
>your running technique is bad (trying to fix this never did much for me, personally, but ymmv)
Be very careful with that shit. Bone stress injuries are extremely frustrating and take a damn long time to heal. If running isn't required for your sport, I'd look at other modalities with less impact.
>>
>>37952652
Fuck
Does that mean I should stop running?
>>
File: 1468677342975.jpg (45 KB, 750x760) Image search: [Google]
1468677342975.jpg
45 KB, 750x760
>>37952641
yep you're right, i can only squat 2pl8 for now.
Just started 3 weeks ago with a good diet
>>
Anybody have tips for biceps
Ive been progressing with everything but biceps
>>
So I'm a bicycle body stereotype
>Big legs, fuck all above the waist, no fat.
I went and did some chest, lats and arms down at the gym for the first time in forever and...

When will this pain stop its been 36 hours and I can't even stretch without it being sore!
>>
>>37952808
Do curls. Gain weight.

>>37952815
Eventually. Don't let it stop you from training in the mean time.
>>
Askin' again.

My friend and I are learning how to power clean(first started today on that video), can we each get a form critique?

We're starting on step 1(hang clean from hip crease) before going about under the knees and from the ground.
I'm the one in blue and he's in red. We've both only been lifting for one month and in a home gym, so we're pretty much scrubs.
>>
>>37952626
>>37952599

cheers guys, I'll see how I go with the assisted machines.

>Goals

To be completely honest I have only been following 5x5, seeing what weight I should do for that session and trying to get those sets. I have been meaning to sit down and think what it is that I want exactly. For now I guess it's a very vague "I want to increase my mass/strength/be a thick muscle bro".
Have always been a scrawny skeleton with issues around gaining weight which I why I think I'm anxious of getting serious about counting what I eat and being strict with my diet.
I'll look into those references too, thank you.
>>
for bi/triceps how many curl types should i do ?
one enough ?
>>
>>37952864
You know that power cleans start from the floor, right?
>>
>>37952969
Ya, that's what my friend said as well. I'm well aware; I wanted to practice starting with hang cleans because that's what Alan Thrall's video said to do. I figured breaking the movement into 3 separate phases and mastering them separately would be easier than learning the entire clean from the ground right away.
>>
>>37952969
its a good thing they're doing hang cleans then, isn't dipshit?
>>
>>37951020
I do planks before every squat set actually. Helps so you can tighten your core during the squat.
>>
>>37951810
You look like a bitch with those thighs 2bh breh.
>>
>>37952599
>You could add a third day with a couple of easy sets and gradually ramp up the volume. But experimentation will be required.

I wish I could add a 3rd day, but my normal gym isn't open and the one I went to last night is a half our away.

>same if you get injured since DB is usually much kinder to your joints.

My joints seem to prefer flat bbnching. There's something up with my shoulder/collar bone region on my right arm

BTW, thanks for the input, guys.
>>
So I'm completely not /fit/.
Tried to ride my bike as a workout today. Got some 20 minutes of 20 km/h avg before I called it quits. Problem is I get this significant pain in my throat/esophagus. Had the same thing happen in the past (even early teens) almost every time I tried working out with moderate to high intensity, always within 10-15 minutes, both warm and cold weather.
I do have a hiatal hernia so I was thinking maybe it has something to do with stomach contents coming back up.

Anyone any idea what the reason could be?
>>
>>37953385
Drinking enough water?
>>
>>37953414
yeah, loads
>>
>>37953418
Go to a doctor. Seems too niche for /fit/.
>>
>>37952915
pls respont
>>
>>37953385
Could be air quality depending on where you are and when you rode.

>>37953444
Curls don't train the triceps.
>>
>>37952598
Bumping this question.
>>
>>37947653
Been doing SS for two weeks. My form seems alright (granted according to gymbros) but my knees hurt in occasion. The pain is right below the knee cap, where my shin begins.
If I stretch at home the pain is gone.

Based on this, can anyone advise a specific fix on my form sans video?
>>
Does anyone else get intense lower back pain when trying to use the leg press?
It doesnt hurt when i do squats, but any time i try the leg press machine i get a really sharp pain in the lower back as i push up

Even on extremely low weights i still feel it, and it hurts so badly that i haven't used the leg press since. What do i do?
>>
>>37953793
stop using the leg press

its sure as shit not necessary so trying to troubleshoot the problem over the internet isn't worth it - just avoid it

>>37953762
just sounds like aggravated patella tendon. when you stretch your quads it stops it from pulling up on the tendon and makes it feel better.

it doesn't necessarily mean form issues - but in general you could back off the volume and minimise forward knee travel. when the pain subsides you can build volume back up

>>37953634
well it obviously depends on what you do on those days
>>
File: unsure animu.jpg (143 KB, 753x735) Image search: [Google]
unsure animu.jpg
143 KB, 753x735
How many grams of Broccoli/veggies should I be eating a day when bulking? mainly just broccoli. 50grams? 100? more?
>>
I don't have a gym membership and all I have right now is dumbbells with adjustable weights. is there an exercise I can do that works out the same muscle groups a deadlift does? is there some kind of dumbbell deadlift variation I could do?
>>
>>37953793
There is absolutely no reason for a person who can actually squat with full ROM to use the leg press machine. Just squat heavy and save yourself some time.
>>
A lot of times when I sprint full speed I get a hamstring cramp. What should I do?
>>
Does anyone on /fit/ work strictly bodyweight? I know that isn't a popular mode de vie here, but I'm curious all the same.
>>
>>37953552
you know what i meant by curl dude :(
>>
>>37953634
It depends.

>>37953762
>Based on this, can anyone advise a specific fix on my form sans video?
Start by taking a video.
>>
How do i minimize glute usage during rack pulls?
>>
>>37953842
As much as you want.

>>37953854
Not really.

>>37953880
Hydrate adequately, consider foam rolling on off days, talk to a sprint coach, and consider whether you need to sprint at all. I know a whole lot of people who have tweaked their hamstrings sprinting badly enough that it held up their other training. Expected value zero or negative imo, unless it's required for your sport.

>>37953988
No, I legitimately don't.
>>
File: asdfasdfasdf.png (735 KB, 851x937) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasdf.png
735 KB, 851x937
>>37954034
>As much as you want.
well I don't know that, if it was optimal I'd completely neglect it but I've heard that broccoli has some great benefits which I can't recall so I'd like to include it.
>>
I've been doing bodyweight shit for a while now. I want to get a gym membership and start a lifting routine next week.

I can do 15 good form one-arm pushups, 16 dead hang pullups, 10 pistol squats with a 15lb weight...

How much weight on the bar should I start with on bench press, OHP, rows, deadlift, and squat? I'm 175 lbs.
>>
>>37954017
Someone pls respnd
>>
I missed a work-out last friday since I went to some events. Is it possible to do 'both' days/routines on 1 day, or is it better to just continue with my old routine. I have an AxBxAxx etc routine, so basically 1 day of both A and B.
>>
>>37954060
It's good for you, but not to the extent that you need to worry about eating the optimal amount. Let the amount of broccoli you eat be dictated by logistical convenience, personal taste, and your macros.

>>37954069
Start with the bar, add 10-20 pounds at a time, and stop when you think you can't make another jump without the bar speed slowing down significantly.

>>37954071
Calm your tits my nigga. Rack pulls are hip extension. The glutes extent the hips when they contract. If you can extend your hips without contracting your glutes, you've got bigger problems than rack pull form, like figuring out how you developed telekinesis. But really, why would you want to minimize glute involvement in rack pulls anyway?

>>37954088
Sure. Whether it works or not, you'll learn something.
>>
>>37954069
Go to the gym, slowly add weight until you reach a point where you can only perform 5-6 reps max

Thats will be your working weight
>>
File: XuLfICF.jpg (414 KB, 938x1200) Image search: [Google]
XuLfICF.jpg
414 KB, 938x1200
What should I eat pre workout early in the morning without much time to digest ?
>>
>>37947653
Why the fuck is everyone talking about cutting at the end of summer?!?!?!?!?!?! Start fucking bulking you dumb fuck you
>>
>>37954129

>>37954071 (You) #
Calm your tits my nigga. Rack pulls are hip extension. The glutes extent the hips when they contract. If you can extend your hips without contracting your glutes, you've got bigger problems than rack pull form, like figuring out how you developed telekinesis. But really, why would you want to minimize glute involvement in rack pulls anyway?

Cause i already got a huge butt and lower body and i wanna focus on my back
>>
>>37954157
How much time we talkin'?
If < hour, I'd go weak Gatorade and whey. Maybe cereal. Minimal fats, fast-digesting carbs and protein.
If longer, closer to a normal breakfast.

>>37954175
You probably shouldn't be doing rack pulls, then.
>>
>>37954034
i mean accessory works like skull crushers pushdowns etc.
if i do just lets say pushdowns would it be enough ? or should i do at least 2 types
same for biceps
>>
Does anyone have a link to a pastebin or a infographic for Yohimbine HCL
>>
>>37954167
>july
>end of summer
do you live in sweden or something
>>
hey /fit/ is it okay if I drink 100g worth of Olive oil every day to hit my bulking target of 3500cal? it's about 800cal per 100g and I'm finding it hard to eat that much. thanks.
>>
>>37954259
I'm in Antarctica
>>
>>37954157

Just coffee and BCAAs do it for me.
>>
>>37953385
Indoors or outside?
>>
>>37954419
both, and the air is pretty clean here anyway
>>
Around what point is it recommended to add more accessories, or switch off altogether from SL 5x5? I can still build muscle off of it, and I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I leave the gym feeling like I could go back the next day. Should I attempt every single day?
>>
I have a bruise on my front delt that I am positive I got from lifting. It appeared after I did heavy pressing. just raising my arm up without resistance causes minor pain. am I fucked? guess i need to see a doctor...
>>
File: 1450233710601.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450233710601.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
What is the difference between crossfit shoes and regular olympic weight lifting shoes. Want some shoes primarily for squatting.

Pic unrelated
>>
I'm - 9% on my back squat according to symmetric strength. I'm following Greyskull LP and was wondering if i should add leg press, front squat, or something to help with my quads. My deadlift is fine at +6% btw.
>>
File: mufasa.jpg (116 KB, 891x896) Image search: [Google]
mufasa.jpg
116 KB, 891x896
Can you learn how to flex your gums, and if so; how? If not, why not?
>>
File: 1455281742689.png (3 MB, 1026x2220) Image search: [Google]
1455281742689.png
3 MB, 1026x2220
What impact can have on my %bf and gains having most of my calories coming from shitty food and snacks as long as I restrict my calorie intake and have enough shakes to keep my protein levels in range.
>>
Does fapping/sex afffect gains?
>>
>>37954210
>if i do just lets say pushdowns would it be enough ?
Probably. If it doesn't work you can add more.
>>
>>37954579
Read: https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Programming-Strength-Training-Rippetoe/dp/0982522754/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468778281&sr=8-1&keywords=practical+programming+for+strength+training

>>37954708
Crossfit shoes suck. WL shoes are pretty good.

>>37954771
Symmetric Strength and all sites like it are stupid. You should never make training decisions based off them.
>>
>>37954771
Maybe work in front squats later, but don't worry about it right now.
>>
Fasting & bodybuilding, I heard good things about fasting but also that you need to distribute your protein intake evenly through the day since your body cant store them.
>>
How can I get at least 100g of protein a day on a 1200 calorie diet? Do I need to get protein powder?

Everyday I get close to my protein goal, I get waaay too many carbs.
>>
>>37947653
At what point do I begin to suspect a medical problem? I skipped dinner for 2 nights and I lost 5 lbs. I still got 2,370 and 2,050 calories on those days, but I normally eat 5,000 every day.

I'm 5'10" and weighed 174 lbs. but now I weigh 169 lbs.
>>
>>37955116
Chicken breasts are 24g protein/100g/120 kcal so ~400g a day =500kcal 100g protein and you'll have 700 more to distribute in other macros.
>>
>>37955012
>relatively simple question
>"hurr durr read this whole book yw"

>Crossfit shoes suck. WL shoes are pretty good.
are you the same guy who says shit like "cardio is a meme lol"

xfit shoes are fine for their purpose i.e. xfit workouts which consist of more than just squatting. if someone says
>whats the difference
and answer like
>they suck
is the answer of a moron

were you the same guy trying to talk about power specificity like an autist yesterday - cause you answer like him (by being wrong)
>>
https://vimeo.com/175003733

Anything wrong with my dead? I know my hips shoot up on the 2nd rep but are there any other glaring issues?
>>
Will adding barbell rows help increase my bench and OHP at all?
>>
>>37955212
>how do i program
>relatively simple question

>wants shoes primarily for squatting, should i get crossfit shoes or weightlifting shoes?
>>
>>37955282
>Around what point is it recommended to add more accessories, or switch off altogether from SL 5x5?
>Should I attempt every single day?
seems like 3 specific questions about programming, but I see how it could be daunting and vague for the uneducated so I'll answer them to make it easier for you

you can add accessories after several weeks of the base programme when your more confident with the lifts, and you can add lift specific accsories when LP gets hard.

you should switch off SL when it stops working.

don't go every day, though you can go every other day and make sure you're increasing as much as you can rather than just 2.5kg for a while until progression gets more difficult.

or I could tell him to read a whole book on programming.

>shoes not solely for squatting can't be good for squatting
are you retarded
>>
>>37954009
>>37953821
Biceps, Back.
Triceps, Chest.
Legs.
Biceps, Back.
Triceps, Chest.

Like this. Is it better than working out 3 days a week?
>>
>>37955258
OHP to some extent mainly.
But you need to row of some sort to not run into problems later on. At least throw in some rear delt work. Try doing chins too, if you're not going to row
>>
>>37955471

I've been looking into rowing, but I'm not sure about it desu. My B day (OHP/Deadlift) is by far the shorter of my routines, but I feel like rowing on deadlift/OHP day would cause my rows to suffer a lot? Might just do pullups instead
>>
>>37955504
Are you running some sort of barebones program?
Do you not have that much time or something?
>>
MAIN QUESTION:
I understand how linear progression works and how periodization work. How do you progress if you're on a program that doesn't use either, like a bb split?

>>37947653
Can I get off SS yet? Please?

Haven't followed it religiously with deloads, and I substituted pull ups for cleans because muh wide back (worked out pretty well)

5'10
148-->161
Bench 95-->185
Squat 125-->265
DL 135-->295
OHP 55-->127.5

Goal is to get into BB eventually but I like being able to see quick gains like SS. My gains are starting to run dry these days brehs, much harder to come by. What do? Thinking either greyskull or just start PHAT.
>>
Thinking about taking up swimming along with going to the gym 3-4 times a week
Is it fine to go on the same day as I'm working out, or should I only go swimming on my days off?
>>
>>37955535

I'm not running a barebones program, but I've only been doing what I'm doing now for a couple weeks, and I need to find a way to balance it out. I'm aware that my current program really sucks.

Previously I was doing a greyskull type program with pullups/chinups every single day for a few months.

Three weeks ago I took a week off for a physical issue (not related to weightlifting), and when I started back I decided to switch from 3x5 to 5x5 for safety and better form, and because I wasn't moving up in 3x5 the way I should have been.

So basically I went from:

A: Bench 3x5/ Squat 3x5
B: OHP 3x5/ DL 1x5
EveryDay 5x5 pullups/chins with varying grips

to

A: Bench 5x5/ Squat 5x5/ 21's/Curls/ Dips 3x5
B: OHP 5x5/ DL 1x5/ 21's/Curls/ Dips 3x5

And I've ended up not doing pullups anymore. I know this is a shitty program and I'm trying to improve it with rows, also the dips are ring dips and I suck at them and can't reach the goal reps yet for them.

I've even considered just adding a super low weight 5x5 of low weight benching to non bench days and same with OHP because those lifts have not been progressing at all for awhile now, but if I don't add some back/ rotator cuff stuff I'm going to have a disaster, but then it gets to be too much time to exercise.

I know I'm fucking up anon, I'm just trying to figure my shit out. I kind of let my room mate's general aesthetic success get into my head; all he does is curls basically and he eats nothing, and he looks fucking great right now. It wouldn't be such a big deal if my lifts were still improving, but they're not (except squat and DL, which are still going up every workout), and it kind of feels like I'm not making any progress.

I'm frustrated by the split between my lifts increase as well. Like, my DL and Squat have been skyrocketing basically since may, and I've never failed once on either of those exercises.

I'll take any advice to help me unfuck my routine.
>>
>>37955742
Have you tried deloading?
How confident are you on your form for your upper lifts?
Instead of dips, you could try a close grip bench as well.

I wouldn't limit my accessories to 3x5. I usually just go with 3x6-12 just to make progression more measurable.
Don't let your stress steal your gains.

Try not to worry about it if you can, you'll make it.
>>
Beginner getting to intermediate with gym troubles here. I think I can't deadlift anymore.

For one month or more they will be doing some work on the building of my gym and they took out the olympic platform among other stuff because more than half of the room can't be used for a while.

All gyms at my city are shit, except for a few where I probably won't be allowed in.

I was getting up to a nice DL number but now without the platform I don't think I can do them anymore. I definitely cannot drop weights on the floor and I can't do my work sets without dropping them.

Do I
>A. deadlift at about 80% for a month so I can control the weight down
or
>B. replace them for something else

If B what else can I do?
>>
File: PUT ME TO SLEEP.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
PUT ME TO SLEEP.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
QUICK

My heart is beating really fast and I'm feeling seriously agitated/restless/nervous, and although I'm not angry, I want to punch everything and let this unexplainable and irrational steam out of myself.

The problem is, I can't excersize or do anything phisical to relieve myself.

What do?
>>
Would doing calisthenics skill work, planches/flags/handstands/etc on rest days impede the uh, resting?
>>
>>37955895
>Have you tried deloading?
>How confident are you on your form for your upper lifts?

These two are kind of tied together. I haven't really tried truly deloading yet (and part of the problem is that advice on deloading is extremely varied, nobody seems to deload the same way).

I'm going to deload this week. My form has hit all the cues in general, but my grip has been just slightly wider than it should have been because of where the bars on my bench are. Yesterday I put the bar on my squat stand instead of the bench bars and was able to move my grip in, so I'm going to lower the weight by about 15 pounds to let my body adapt to the change this week.

I've been wondering if I can move my accessories to rest day, as that would fix a lot time-wise (and probably give me time for rows), but I'm not sure if rest days are really for the CNS and just not doing compounds, or pure rest days. Also, I know dips are technically a compound movement, which further muddies the waters. But I know the body recovers from them a lot faster, so maybe it would work? Also, I was doing ok with pullups/chinups every day before, and I know those are technically compounds as well.

Also sorry for unclear language before, I usually do my curls in sets of eight, but I do my dips in lower sets because I'm super bad at them. I'm trying to do ring dips from an iron gym, but my stabilizers are a big part of the problem. Should get better with time though.
>>
>>37955946
Fuck my heart is starting to hurt.

h-help please.
>>
>>37955611
>Is it fine to go on the same day as I'm working out
Sure, as long as total volume isn't too high. I'd also do whichever one mattered more to me first.

>>37955912
Low rack pulls?

>>37955946
Have a wank? Focus on your breathing and practice meditation?
>>
>>37956050
Go to a doctor you sped
>>
>>37956050
You might want to see a doctor about that, anon.
>>
>>37956059
Can't masturbate.
How do I learn to do the other two things before I die?

>>37956068
>>37956070
Can't go to a doctor at the moment.
>>
File: 1463669351961.jpg (219 KB, 1335x1214) Image search: [Google]
1463669351961.jpg
219 KB, 1335x1214
this a good routine? ex-fatty who lost 110lbs and still need to lose around 15-20 more, and I need to get into rugby season shape here soon
>>
File: 1468535028340.png (320 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468535028340.png
320 KB, 500x375
I might need to make my own thread about this, but I noticed today that when I squat, my butt drifts a little bit to the left, which would explain the soreness I only feel in the left part of my lower back for weeks now.

Does anyone know any corrective excersises or ways I could strengthen the right side of my lower back?
>>
>>37956168
Yeah but not fit a beginner. Modified SS + accessories
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.