[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently single. 5 year long relationship. Don't know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: manliness.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
manliness.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
Recently single. 5 year long relationship. Don't know what the fuck girls like these days. I see a ton of dudes dressed like fucking idiots and apparently they get all kinds of pussy. I'm confused thoroughly confused here.

Also stopped lifting awhile ago, currently a skinny-fat manlet and not too happy about it.
>>
If you're good looking enough you can get laid wearing a pikachu onesie
Start lifting.
>>
File: 1468582428564.jpg (39 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1468582428564.jpg
39 KB, 560x560
>>37947633
I'm right there with you bro. I recently got divorce after 8 years and I'm a spaghetti spilling sperg around girls because I don't know how normal attraction works between people that have just met or are typically platonic. I have just waited for the chicks to obviously show they like me and it works ok. Been laid by 5 diff girls since the divorce, problem is... There are ones I want but don't know how to get. Lol
>>
>>37947633
That you, Mikey?
>>
>>37948016

Nope.
>>
>>37947633
I hate the type of dude depicted in that picture

In portland oregon, there's a fuckton of 'em. Maybe even the birthplace of this aesthetic now that I think about it.

IF one more fucking bearded hairjelled button-up sleeves rolled up cuffed designer jean and workboot tatted sleeve ears pierced dyel faggot asks me what the whiskey selection is I will jump off of the St. Johns bridge.
>>
>>37948176

OP here, I'm from Portland too haha
>>
>>37948220
Ayy hope you're enjoying this weather.

Don't you fucking hate the gay lumberjack looking scrubs and california transplants we've been seeing everywhere?

Planning my move to florence atm
>>
>>37948237

It's fucking hot as balls today.

As far as the hipster lumberjack look, I see both sides of the argument. At least they want to look somewhat decent but I hate how being blue collar/looking blue collar is more of a meem now than anything. It's like dude, you work at some stupid indie pizza place or some shit... why do you need Wolverine work boots?
>>
>>37947633
Here read this:
http://bookzz.org/book/1254880/1d3345

No it's not PUA.
>>
>>37948176

Yeah bro, sorry to tell you NYC is full of these faggots.
>>
>>37948300

I'll check it out
>>
>>37948338

Hey at least the Ed Hardy wearing guido Jersey shore look is dead.

They may be faggots but at least it's a step in the right direction and "masculine" characteristics are fashionable again.
>>
>>37948300
i wish people would stop shilling this shit.

it's an amazing book but it's becoming the SS of getting laid it's talked about so much
>>
>>37948397

How is it amazing?
>>
>>37948289
Ah come on get to a park and enjoy it. At least the evening will be comfy.
I thought it looked pretty cool (from an aesthetic standpoint, IDGAF about the social meaning of cosplaying as a manual laborer) when I first saw it too, but now I'm just tired of it.

Anachronistic masculinity doesn't mean you've reclaimed masculinity. You can't just define yourself as masculine because you dress as how a man dressed in the late 18--'s.

It's such a vague concept anyway, and if anyone is truly masculine now they wouldn't know it, but you're definitely doing something wrong if you've got to drink old-timey whiskey and dress like an old timey gentlemen and read books like the art of manliness or whatever it says in OPs pic

>>37948338
I bet it fucking would be. Half of your trustfunders moved here in the last year I swear

I get back from college and my town is full of faggots

I miss old portland so much guys
>>
>>37948553

Where did all the punks go, by the way?
>>
>>37948653
Gresham, beaverton, astoria.

Replaced by rich kids. This town used to be full of so many ugly people, do you remember that? When you wouldn't feel underdressed going outside in a fleece and sweat pants because that's what everyone was wearing?

I saw so many people wearing designer shit downtown today. I want to purge them, hopefully Hales giving the city to the homeless insentivizes them to leave
>>
File: 1363827498988.png (7 KB, 350x346) Image search: [Google]
1363827498988.png
7 KB, 350x346
>>37948397
>stop shilling this AMAZING BOOK
>>
So what the fuck do girls like these days though?
>>
>>37948838

Go find some HB through Pokemon Go . Just meant some hot girls at a college bar last night using a Pokemon go Lure
>>
>>37948838
Women like men who aren't needy emotional wrecks, of which there are very few, especially on this board.
>>
>>37948900

Women also like men who literally are not desperate to get laid . You need to find your self content zone and literally be comfortable with the idea of being alone . You need to look at women like you are better off without them while pursuing your hobbies and lifting . It's all about attitude
>>
>>37948900
>tfw hyper-independent unemotional wreck
>>
>>37948838
Men who are basically doormats and provide for them

oh you mean to fuck? hot with a big dick.
>>
>>37949007

I was the doormat variety for sure. I don't know how it happened either. I basically ended up working 50-70 hour weeks and provided for her and my parents who are getting older and sick.

I thought I was doing the right thing and then it turned into "all you care about is work and you don't spend enough time with me wah wah wah"

She basically got everything she could ever want, never went without...all I wanted was my dick sucked and a warm meal every night in return. Women, amirite?
>>
>>37947633
why does every faggot get their hair cut like that?
>>
>>37949070

Looks better than most dude's haircuts, ain't gonna lie.
>>
>>37949088
He spent an hour doing his hair before the photo was taken, with proper lighting, with a proper camera, at an angle specifically chosen to make his hair look good
>>
>>37949108

At least he tries, right?
>>
>>37949183
He'd be better off lifting instead
>>
>>37947633
I swear i've seen that person before.
Brandon?
>>
>>37948300
that's COOKIE CUTTER MATERIAL do NOT read it
>>
>>37947633
fuck all those hipsters, just do your own thing, own it with confidence, and you will have zero trouble. most girls are sick of that bullshit anyway.

also stop being skinnyfat.
>>
>>37947633
This is what I have discovered. Bear with me here.

I constantly see guys going from woman to woman, relationship to relationship with minimal downtime. A lot of the time these guys are 5/10 average dudes. I see them with women who are better looking than they are and wonder how that happened.

Here is how that happened.

These guys play the numbers game. They sit at home or on their phones on dating apps like Tinder/ok Cupid/Hot or Hot and they will have like six accounts on six different apps. They will message or attempt to talk to something like 100+ girls a day. Eventually something sticks and they get a date, which leads to a girlfriend.

The problem, at least when I tried doing this, is that these women are getting messaged by like 10 different guys if not more at once. You have to win her or prove yourself to her. And this is where I stop, because I couldn't be fucking bothered to do this.

TL:DR Join dating apps like Tinder/Bumble/Plenty of Fish/etc. Message a lot of women. Be consistent and persistent with the messaging. Eventually you will land something decent looking.
>>
>>37947633

>reading a book about manliness

I bet he googles How to be Cool too
>>
>>37949060
>She basically got everything she could ever want, never went without...all I wanted was my dick sucked and a warm meal every night in return. Women, amirite?

Why even get into a relationship if thats all you want?

You're just as retarded as your gf/wife was.
>>
>>37949573
Not even dating apps, just approach women irl and be yourself. Somewhere out there there's a girl that will find your looks, sense of humor, hobbies and career choice admirable. I work at a gym and one of my co workers asked out every single female employee and member. He's a good looking guy too but he got shut down by almost all of them yet he still managed to land two girlfriends. Trial and error is the name of the game.
>>
>>37949648
Yeah I am not gonna disagree but with online dating and apps it's a lot easier to play the numbers game. Asking out 100 random women online is a lot easier then finding and approaching 100 random women at the mall or wherever.
>>
>>37947633
>the art of manliness

>american flag
>drinking alcohol
>faggy tattoos
>spends hours a week grooming his hair and beard
>spends 5 minutes taking pic of himself reading a pretentious book so that he can upload it to instagram just like a little narcissistic attention whoring little girl who is desperate for other people's approval

millennials, everyone.
>>
>>37948838
Men who can offer them what they don't have and what they want. It could be anything, ask them personal questions and joke around to slowly figure things out.
>>
>>37947633
>that shirt
>buttoned to the top
>that hair
>manly

Jesus why the fuck do people think this? In my years, I've asked my current, previous, and friend's girlfriends what they think is manly. The most common answer: mountain men. A dude with a beard (if he can grow a good one), decent hair (not totally bald or balding severely), a plaid flannel shirt, some good-fitting jeans (not that skinny faggy shit) and an sense of pride and confidence. A man who can identify what's going wrong with his girlfriend's car, then build a brick oven grill in the back yard. A man who can throw all the camping gear on his back and trek several miles with his woman and set up camp, build a fire, and provide dinner. A man who is great with his kids and doesn't fall into the stereotype that media deems "manly".

Women want a manly-man.
>>
>>37949673
>spends hours a week grooming his hair and beard

this shit does not take hours. it literally takes 30 seconds with a good brush and some hair product.
>>
>>37949730
everything you just listed are qualities of a ridiculous media stereotype manly-man
>>
>>37949786
Not even close. Look at GQ, Maxim, Sports Center even. They're all either 7%bf otters or dyels. I'm talking about a dude wearing clothes out of a Sears catalog, with grease stains on his shirt from working on a car, who has the build of strength vs the build of bodybuilding. That's what women want. That's what a provider looks like. Or I dunno man, maybe it just works really well for me and my friends and the women who are into us.
>>
>>37949730
And you expect women to be the cookie cutter, dress in a little dress, short and petite, stays home and cleans the house while her husband works and cooks him professional quality dinners eat morning lunch and dinner, only socializes by talking on the phone with her other pregnant friends talking about how great their husbands are. A woman who just cooks, cleans, and bears strong children and does nothing else.
>>
>>37949730
is this satire?
>>
>>37949810
wtf. you're a faggot who is just spewing shit because that's what you like and for some fuckin retarded reason can't stand the idea that some girls don't like your style/hair/life/whatever else you want to add in here that you're so insecure about.

i'm similar to the faggot in the picture and i get laid all the time. i could switch up my style and still get fuckin laid. different girls like different things. stop making it seem like ALL girls in the ENTIRE world only like one thing and one thing only.

tldr stop being such a butthurt phaggot.
>>
File: 1373094068282.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1373094068282.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>37949747
How do you know? You look like that, don't you?
>>
>>37948838
Men who aren't pussies. I go out with guys and I'm like hey lets climb this fence and stand on the edge of a bridge and they puss out. You're a man, you're supposed to be ballsier than me but no, they fiddle around while I ditch them for a "restricted area" alone.
Fags

Then all the guys that do like to adventure are already in relationships because they're fun and not bags of boring shit.
>>
>>37948147
That you Leonardo?
>>
>>37949853
>lets climb this fence

look at this badass
>>
File: 1391837934840.jpg (42 KB, 434x308) Image search: [Google]
1391837934840.jpg
42 KB, 434x308
>>37949829
>butthurt

Dude I've slept with plenty of women and I finally have a woman to settle down with now. I'm not butthurt in the slightest. I did notice, however, your mentioning "girls". Maybe that's what you guys are after: girls. I'm after women. If you want to attract women, don't be some hipster douche off the cover of Men's Fitness. Be a man.
>>
>>37949864
That's the point, its not extreme and they still don't do it.
>>
>>37949853
Yeah...no. I can almost see it

>hey let's climb a fence >_<, omgg we're so random xDDDD

Nice """"""""""""""""""""adventure""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: P82tm8Q.jpg (96 KB, 750x951) Image search: [Google]
P82tm8Q.jpg
96 KB, 750x951
>>37948176
>>37948220

my Portland bros up in here. Respek
>>
>>37948300
Be cool, calm, honest (No matter what the topic/your opinion) and funny. Also always Seem happy snd positive.

I eventually discovered YouTube channel charisma on command - More specificly the Hollywood stars' charismasnalisys
>>
>>37949919
>>37948220
how about that sunset? gorgeous.
>>
>>37948176
DO IT FAGGOT
I'LL BE GLAD TO SEE IT ON THE NEWS
>>
>>37948176
You nailed it on the head. Austin, TX here. "Oh you guys don't have the whiskey I want, what ipa's do you have?"
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.