[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If im cutting should i subtract the calories from carbs instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
If im cutting should i subtract the calories from carbs instead of fat and protein ?

Whats your opinion ?
>>
>>37941022
MY opinion is should should continue posting the set until you get a good sample size of answers
>>
Just try to get all your carbs from veggies, its pretty hard to eat too many carbs from that shit.
>>
>>37941022
Yes. This is exactly what you should do.
Don't even think about cutting from protein, and try to cut as much carbs as you can.
>>
>>37941022
Cutting carbs is assuming that you have a really good fat intake allready. For an average person who doesnt follow a really healthy diet that matched a lifting lifestyle, (the fact that you ask a noob question like this thread implies that you probably fall into this categorie of people with an average diet) cutting fats is actually a pretty good idea to a certain point. The average fat intake is way higher than optimal for health. Also fat has more than TWICE the calories all the other nutrients have. So cutting fat is by far the easier way to cut.

Do you have any idea what your macro intakes are in grams? That might make it easier to answer your question
>>
>>37941022
This looks underaged...>>37941062
>>
Source for pic?
>>
>>37941140
>average fat intake is way higher than optimal for health

what the fuck are you on about m8? the average carb/sugar intake is way higher, fat is actually lower on average than what is optimal.
>>
>>37941022
Yes you should, cutting brotein will help losing muscle mass and you don't want that, fats are necessary to have decent hormonal function so the only thing that you can cut are carbs.

If you go bullshittingly low with your carbs be sure to have refeeds
>>
>>37941165
Are you seriously claiming that the average person consumes less fat than what is optimal?

I think we are on different mindsets here. I study nutrition and am looking at actual statistics and scientific proof as to what is an optimal fat intake. You on the other hand are most likely a pseudoscience paleo fag.

Choose you want to believe, OP.

I might want to add some actuall info on the carb intake as >>37941165 describes. This with a higher carb intake is that it doesnt actually do any harm (assuming it isnt all pure sugar obviously) and for someone who lifts, carbs are actually a good thing because they provide direct energy. Fat on the other hand is only need in very small amount to maintain hormonals levels and vitamin D (cause thats one of the things fats do) You really dont need more than about 50 to 80 grams. Anything above that is just useless calories that have negative long term health effects. So ye, assuming you eat atleast like 50g of fat a day, id always choose to spend my remaining calories on carbs instead of fats. (protein intake remains high and untouched, obviously)
>>
>>37941174
>fats are necessary to have decent hormonal function so the only thing that you can cut are carbs.
The amount of fat needed to maintain hormonal function is so ridiculously low that there quite literally isnt a country on the planet that even made a guideline about it.

"fat is needed for hormones" theoretically is true, but in 99% of cases where its being said its either a lazy fat person or a paleo supporter who abuses it to justify their habits.
>>
>>37941295
True, but i wanted to specify it just to be complete, besides you may never know if some faggot falls for the no fats fad diet and fucks himself up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.