[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was getting some groceries and remembered that I had to pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mutant.jpg (272 KB, 1386x1500) Image search: [Google]
mutant.jpg
272 KB, 1386x1500
I was getting some groceries and remembered that I had to pick up protein powder, there was no supplement shops open at the time so i decided to pick some up at walmart, shit quality i know but i only got a 2lb tub to hold me over. I was comparing prices and noticed that mass gainer was a fraction of the cost as the whey isolate.

>40g of protein per serving
>1060 calories per serving

Why is that im paying less than half the price for double the macros? Anyone have an idea?
>>
>>37939603
>Why is that im paying less than half the price for double the macros?

Because it's just overpriced, powderized food.

It's not double the macros because 40g of protein is over 1k calories, whereas even the shittiest whey protein would probably be ~200 calories for the same amount of protein.
>>
>>37939603
total protein per bag is way low.
>>
That bag has like 8 servings
>>
>>37939603

ANON, DON'T! NOT MUTANT MASS! IF YOU TAKE A SCOOP OF THAT YOU'LL TURN INTO A-- OH FUCK I'M TOO LATE EVERYBODY RUN OH MY GOD OH FUCK OH MY GOD!
>>
>>37939603

Check the serving sizes. Most wheys will have a serving size of 30g or so compared to a couple hundred for a lot of mass gainers.
>>
>>37939627

a gram of protein has 4 calories, no matter the quality of it.

40gs would be about 160 cals

Mass gainers are just loaded with carbs and make a far superior meal supplement than whey isolate
>>
>>37939659
>a gram of protein has 4 calories, no matter the quality of it.
>40gs would be about 160 cals

That's assuming it's 100% protein, which whey isn't. It's generally 80-90% if it's not spiked.

>Mass gainers are just loaded with carbs and make a far superior meal supplement than whey isolate

How is it superior in any way? It's one of the most expensive ways to eat food. Getting even half your daily calories from mass gainer would cost you like $500/month. The fucking bag has like 10 servings and it costs $50 or whatever
>>
>>37939671

I literally paid $12 for 2lbs of it. Its not the 2kg bag I just used that for a pic.

Serving size is 3 scoops, at 1060 cals per serving i could get all my daily calories from this and it still would be considerable cheaper than food. At most i would only have one shake a day though, im a firm believer in eating big but its getting exhausting trying to shovel in 5000 cleanish calories a day.
>>
>>37939717
>but its getting exhausting trying to shovel in 5000 cleanish calories a day

Are you 6'7 and on a mountain of roids?

How can your TDEE possibly be anywhere near 4000 cals, which would still be a stretch of a 1k surplus
>>
>>37939731

Im 6'4 and training for strongman/powerlifting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.