[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else not even lift but gives out advice that he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mr_world_wide.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
mr_world_wide.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
Anyone else not even lift but gives out advice that he's read or sounds good?
>>
File: anime.png (801 KB, 480x567) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
801 KB, 480x567
If you try really hard, you can see that on some parts of /fit/ there are little tumors on the pages, slowly growing as time goes by. Just look for those other tumors and you'll find those people you're looking for in no time, you cancerous piece of shit.
>>
>>37939423
No but giving real world advice falls on deaf ears because shit that "sounds easy" isn't easy in real world because "insert mental gymnastics here".

This board is entertaining as fuck though. Tons of pure shit with sprinklings of brilliant fitness.
>>
>>37939450
Be a nice person, spend less than you earn, focus on constantly educating yourself, count your calories, read the fucking sticky REEEEEEE
>>
>>37939423
T-trappy?!
>>
>be me
>lift in a certain way that doesn't line up perfectly with the groupthink
>get amazing results
>get told its impossible
>post pics of progress
>get told im just lucky/lying/genetically gifted/not natty
>probably getting told im doing it wrong, by people who dont even actually lift, but just like talking about it on imageboards and forums

and this is why i stopped contributing in any serious manner
>>
>>37939474
loled
>>
>>37939563
>>probably getting told im doing it wrong, by people who dont even actually lift, but just like talking about it on imageboards and forums

I think this might be the case.

It's INSANE how hard Starting Strength/other shit rippetoe says gets parroted on pretty much every online forum, as if it's the only way to make gains and that it's always the most efficient if not the only way to make them.

And yet I'm sure most of us would be hard pressed to find any person actually following starting strength or any experience lifter in real life who has begun with starting strength. I know I haven't.
>>
>>37939563
Pray tell what is this way you lift
>>
>>37939598
>And yet I'm sure most of us would be hard pressed to find any person actually following starting strength or any experience lifter in real life who has begun with starting strength. I know I haven't.

99% of getting in shape is just starting and keeping at it. SS and all the others are great because they're easy to recommend on forums but someone who does an "imperfect" routine consistently over a year will progress faster and better than someone who does SS for 2 months and then drops it.

I didn't start with SS either but was determined to do my routine 3-4x/wk. I just did whatever strength and stretching exercises I could easily do in the evening after work on a yoga mat until I progressed from there.
>>
>>37939665
Well yeah but I'm saying that if you go by what Bodybuilding.com, r/fitness, or /fit/ (as well as other communities say), then apparently every single beginner is running starting strength.

When in reality it's not the only way to make gains, and it's not even that common IRL, even for powerlifting.

Really any routine as a beginner that incorporates pushing yourself hard, eating well, heavy compound lifts and linear progression is effective and will give you great gains
>>
I recommend SS then argue against it in the same thread. I realised long ago no one here knows what they're talking about, may as well add to the confusion
>>
>>37939698
Kek
>>
>>37939698
Kek
>>
>>37939698
thats not true i promise im not the same person. I say the opposite of that thing he mentioned
>>
>there are people that unironically take advice on how to gain muscle size and strength from a brazilian anime avatarfagging tranny.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.