[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new to lifting >need to cut some fat >1000 kcal deficit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1358742578598.jpg (64 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1358742578598.jpg
64 KB, 420x500
>new to lifting
>need to cut some fat
>1000 kcal deficit, eating about 1-1.2kcals per day
>wrists, elbows, knees are starting to hurt

Should I take a week off and let shit heal up?
>>
>>37934990
Pretty small deficit I must say. Try eating no calories everyday , it works wonders but is only marginally better than what you're currently doing .
>>
>>37934990
that's too much of a deficit

drink more water and lift less if you're going to be doing that big of a deficit
>>
>>37934990
cut -500, do cardio if you want a bigger deficit and take some multivitamins
>>
>>37934990
You don't need to "lose" fat. You need to tear deep tears into your muscles so your body is forced to tap into its fat reserves to repair them. Are you doing high rep? If so stop. High repetitions wears joints out faster than anything else. Up the weight and decrease the reps for that nice deep muscle soreness.
>>
>>37935012
Ebin troll m8 :^)))))

OP a 1000cal deficit is actually pretty steep, 500 cal deficit is where you should start. You're eating so little all of a sudden that you're shocking your body past what's healthy. Slow down a bit.
>>
>>37935031
I'm doing the cutting version of our boy Hemingway's program. Should I lower the reps of the accessory exercises?
>>
>>37934990
Read the sticky you dingo
TDEE+/-500 for bulk/cut
>>
>>37935043
I'm too impatient to spend a month or two dicking around with figuring out my TDEE. I figure I'll be able to lose fat at 1200 or less so that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>37935055
>average TDEE is 2000 calories

You are going to be lifting as well, so your TDEE will be even higher.

You could easily eat 1500 calories a day
>>
>>37935070
ok

I'm 5'9" 160lbs and a bit chubby. I just want to lean out as quickly as possible while building or at least maintaining what little muscle I have.

I'm moving to an Asian country soon where chubby men aren't attractive. Bulking is out of the question.
>>
>>37935055
>a month or two to calculate TDEE
I calculated mine in literally 2 minutes
Its weight, height, age, put it in a website

You clearly haven't read it
Go and read it
>>
>>37935139
They're just approximations. Yours turned out to be accurate. Congratulations.

I'd rather stick to a number I know will guarantee quick results.
>>
>>37935042
Yeah why not? I go heavy on my accessories for no more than six reps. Works for me. I lost 50lbs and got way stronger in the process. Worked for my younger sister too. She's 5' 1 and hammer curls 35 pound dumbbells
>>
>>37935102
The lower you go, the harder it is to stick with it. It is your choice, but the failure rate is high when you starve yourself.
>>
>>37935497
I eat one meal a day. It's pretty easy to stick to.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.