[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are prison workouts a meme? I want to get hermit ripped.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cc.jpg (20 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
20 KB, 250x320
Are prison workouts a meme?

I want to get hermit ripped.
>>
>>37934351
>What are bodyweight workouts?
>>
>>37934358
Could you recommend a good introduction to bodyweight workout routines?

The sticky only seems to mention weight lifting.
>>
File: how do prisoners get so jacked.jpg (81 KB, 1298x616) Image search: [Google]
how do prisoners get so jacked.jpg
81 KB, 1298x616
Bodyweight workouts won't get you big. But they can, in conjunction with the right diet, get you lean defined and looking good.
>>
>>37934351

>are calisthenics a meme?

no

work up to 500 push ups
>>
you have to realize that barbells are, by a large margin, the most effective tool to get bigger and stronger, and even with barbells most people struggle to make any sort of progress. making gains on this meme shit is possible in theory, but in reality you have a huge handicap compared to the people training with barbells (who already struggle to make gains).
>>
>>37934382
I got a good one for you - https://www.fitloop.co/routines/bwf-recommended-beginner-routine

Also check out this. You can ask questions here if you have but read FAQ first.
http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq

Seriously, bodyweight training is the shit. Symmetrical gains, and fucking awesome body feeling.
>>
>>37934418
bullllllllshit. check any before/after of beginner calisthenics routines, for people who actually stuck to them. Great gains, symmetry of gains, and crazy good strength.

machines > barbells > bodyweight > barbells and bodyweight
>>
>>37934431
thanks senpai, that's the kind of stuff i'm looking for
>>
>>37934454
machines are better then barbells? LOL
>>
>>37934351
if it's good enough for the greeks it's good enough for you
>>
>>37934351
Yes, they are a meme.

But that doesn't mean they don't work. Also they aren't really "hermit mode" because all the stuff I've read about them still encourages walking/jogging warm-ups that you could do in a prison yard. You still gotta go outside.
>>
>>37934597
yeah, you have better isolation, leading to better development of muscles individually (also because the recovery is quicker)
>>
>>37934622
I live on the edge of town so I can go outside early/late in the day and remain in hermit mode.
>>
>>37934643
Oh cool. Go for it then.
>>
>>37934627
unless you are pinning i see no reason to use machines
>>
>>37934654
Thanks senpai. Is there any literature you deem essential since you seem to have read a lot about it?
>>
>>37934689
The only one I read to completion was Bronson's Solitary Fitness.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.