[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I begin to deal with the fact that there are millions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: index.png (3 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3 KB, 222x227
How can I begin to deal with the fact that there are millions of other guys out there who

>have years more experience lifting
>have better look faces
>have a lot more money
>have huge social circles
>have had 1000 times more experience with the opposite sex

I'll be playing "catch up" for the rest of my life and I'll never actually make it, right?
>>
>>37929423
trust me, there are no millions of guys that have all of those characteristics together. The vast majority of people are, guess what, mediocre. If you truly excel at even one, you already at a 1%

It's all situational
>>
File: 00000.png (217 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
00000.png
217 KB, 500x428
>>37929423
at one point in time they were in the same situtation as you

even zezima was level 3 at some point.

Get grinding.
>>
I played WoW from 16 to 25, then started lifting.

I'm 29 now (4 years lifting) and doing things 18-21 year old do.

Good thing I'm a manlet with a baby face, nobody even knows my age at the university I goto, everyone thinks I'm 18-21.

I've accepted the fact I will never catch up, but Im just gona make whatever I can out of it.
>>
Not necessarily, all you gotta do it keep getting good progress. I mean like, you're not gonna be seeing ALL those people mentioned, ya know? See like, 80% of the time I'm the most jacked nigga in the room. Let's bump that up to 95% of the time now. Whatever it takes know what I'msayin.
>>
>>37929423
Imo, those are all pretty superficial things to be jealous of. I'd be more jealous of someone who lived an amazing life with crazy ass experiences.

Also, who cares if someone has more years of experience lifting? Most people look like shit or don't maintain. Accept what you can't change and improve what you can.

Most people are mediocre; if you excel even in one thing or have a single hobby, you're probably better than most.
>>
>>37929423
Stop comparing yourself to other people, you should become the best version of yourself, that is good enough.
>>
70% of the US adult population is overweight or obese.

Nearly no one lifts regularly or follows a set routine. It's very easy to stand out
>>
>>37929423
just be yourself
>>
>>37929423
There are also millions of other guys that are in worse shape and have less sex/life experience than you. Hard to believe but it's true. Stop worrying about others and do you familia.
>>
>>37929451
fuck this resonated with me so hard; underrated post my third ever Adam Sessler 5/5
>>
>>37929451
Zezima is a noob these days
>>
>>37929439
>there are no millions of guys that have all of those characteristics together
there's literally billions of people living on the planet
even if you just want to consider one country like the US, that's still hundreds of millions of guys
1% of them would constitute millions by default
>>
Realise that the competition is not with others, but with yourself.

Doesn't matter what other people are doing. Would you rather be a 5/10 version of you, or an 8/10 version of you?
>>
A lot of truths in this thread.
>>
All you can do is do better than you did yesterday

There are always gonna be people who are better, stronger, more intelligent, more hardworking than you. Rather than sulk, accept it and move on
>>
>>37929423
lmao you have the brain of like a 10 year old. this is what parents tell their children, to not compare yourself to others.

holy shit you're like a manchild.
>>
>>37929423
>>37929423
Because there are also billions of guys who don't do jack shit to better themselves.
>>
Instead of thinking about it go out and fucking improve yourself, set some goals and complete them and don't come whining to a bunch of faggots on a Mongolian tree carving board.
>>
>>37929423

What'll really make you think is there are women that

>have years more experience lifting
>have better look faces
>have a lot more money
>have huge social circles
>have had 1000 times more experience with the same sex
>>
File: 1445193314331.jpg (35 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1445193314331.jpg
35 KB, 444x444
>>37929480
I do not get this negativity people can have. Try to see the reality you are in right now. You did catch up, it is never too late bro. You are studying, and working on yourself everyday. It is not about being better than everyone else, it is about being the best YOU can be. At this very moment, that is exactly what you are. Four years of constant lifting means you made it. I would not say this out of the blue, man. If I were your dad right now, I would be most definitely proud that you are going in this direction in your life.
>>
>>37929423
Success is not a zero sum game.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.