[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ACNE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Question.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
Does test increase acne?

I've been lifting for 2-months straight now, taking a protein shake (with milk) after every workout... and my skin is breaking out bad

What the fuck is going on?

> inb4 "you're a kid" - I'm 25

SEND HELP
>>
i've hard both answers, can't advise you properly desu but yeah im pretty sure a "light" workouts and a protein shake shouldn't fuck up your face
>>
>>37928405
Hormones bruh. Cows milk contains mamillian estrogen, as it's intended to be passed from a mother cow to its calf.

Some are more susceptible to it than others, but if you're drinking cows milk, you're throwing your hormones off.

The body detects mamillian estrogen (estrogen that can bind to beta receptors in the human body, unlike phytoestrogen)

A males body reacts by ramping up testosterone production in the body to maintain a balance.

Remember when you were 13-16 and your hormones were raging and you had acne all the fucking time? That was natural.

Chances are this is a similar reaction you're getting now, only it's being influenced by your diet directly.

Not just the milk. The cheese as well. Chicken too (most chicken sold at the supermarket are hens, male chickens or roosters serve little purpose).

So combine all these factors together + your physical activity / weight training, explains the acne :)

I went through the same thing. It mostly went away but my health was declining so I switched to a plant based diet while still lifting and the acne went away.

My 2 cents/explanation. Draw your own conclusion.
>>
>>37928405
Samefag as below, again it's worth noting that not everyone reacts this way, chemically. Some people are more sensitive than others.
>>
>>37928405
Wash the sweat off your face immediately after workout
Limit milk intake to 16oz/day
>>
>>37928405
try using almond or cashew milk or plain old water with your shakes for a couple weeks and see if that doesnt fix it
>>
>>37928532
I think there may be some pseudoscience behind the milk = estrogen thing, but anecdotally cutting dairy intake did clear up my skin
>>
>>37928585
Depends.

Scientifically speaking mammal milk is mostly all the same chemically, with different levels of nutrients depending on the species.

Mammals milk is made by the female which undoubtedly contains at least trace elements of those hormones, some more than others. It may really just depend on how susceptible to it each individual is.

Another thing I read about recently is mammals milk containing exomorphine ("external" morphine), which is intended to initiate the bond between mother and child from a chemical perspective (obviously there are dozens of other factors).

Supposedly consumers of dairy products can have a varying form of "addiction". Women are the most susceptible to it, or something like that, can't remember why.
>>
>>37928585
But yeah, it there may be a bit of pseudoscience surrounding the whole bit.

I quit dairy awhile ago, I don't crave dairy like I used to (milk, cheese). Used to love full fat milk, roundabout 2 gallons a week. Fucking loved it, had to have it every day at some point.

Within a few weeks of no dairy, I stopped craving it so idk.
>>
Same when I started lifting. It tapered with time and eventually went away. Are you showering immediately after working out? If not that will help, if not resolve, your issue.
>>
Try switching to A2 casien protein only cow's milk and other only A2 dairy products.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.