[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i enjoy life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1468481352973.jpg (182 KB, 634x739) Image search: [Google]
1468481352973.jpg
182 KB, 634x739
how do i enjoy life
>>
Find something you love and let it kill you
>>
Wondering the same thing.

Have hobbies, followed the usual path. Have a good job. Save money. Have gf. Plan on buying a house soon. Good gains. Yet feel so empty and constantly stressed.
>>
>>37918887
friends man.

I think having people you can just talk to and let loose with emotionally is so, so important and people don't realize that.
>>
>>37918897
Yeah I lost all my friends when I gave up drugs. Haven't managed to make any new ones since I'm 26. Atleast I have my gf
>>
focusing on the very present and trying new stuff
>>
Realize that civilization has fucked your brain by introducing artificial abundance you were not evolved to handle and set goals for yourself and expose yourself to adversity in order to simulate scarcity.
>>
focus on the very present and try new stuff
>>
>>37918910

Yeah, then that's what you need to do. If you truly enjoy your hobbies, then join clubs, find meetups and other things and make friends with similar interests.

That's why you feel so empty. If (hopefully not) your gf breaks up with you, then you'll feel so alone with no one to turn to for consoling.

How about coworkers?
>>
>think i would be happy if i bought a condo in nyc
>bought a condo
>still unhappy

>think i will be happy if i get a san diego summer home
>buy it
>still unhappy

well at least now i know money isn't the way
>>
>>37918846
by not using social media.
>>
I recommend reading the Way of Men. Short 100 pages. Gave me insights to I should be doing things I was evolved to do, not society wants men to do.
>>
>>37919018

Forgot to mention it includes a chapter very /fit/ related
>>
>>37918865
FPBP
>>
realize most people don't
>>
File: 1440243213410.gif (2 MB, 327x240) Image search: [Google]
1440243213410.gif
2 MB, 327x240
>>37918921
This.

Set yourself difficult goals and realise you will most likely fail along the way until you succeed... And when you succeed at something actually challenging you 'should' have the feeling of happiness you're looking for.

Sometimes just a ride on around the county on a bike with some beers or a bottle with a bro can help a lot.

Don't expect spending money you already have to give you a feeling of achievement, saving up for a year and buying that les Paul Custom is what your aiming for with money, being up on stage is your goal, that's a feeling of satisfaction you can't replicate!
Getting in debt with a bank for the rest of your life isn't a great achievement,paying it off is.
>>
Life is good but feels pointless. Hobbies are fun for a while but each hobby starts to feel formulaic and loses its value- even lifting after a while.
>>
>>37918865

Hello Mark Manson
>>
>>37918846
Sure as fuck not by playing catcher in slow pitch softball.
>>
>>37918910
Are you me? No gf anymore tho. Stopped doing drugs too and so I have no friends left. It's kinda sad but with all that I realized I was now an adult. Feels like everyone is running after money and sex now, which is probably why I was doing drugs, but now I've stopped and try to fit in as much as I can. Waiting on those gains to be confident around normies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.