[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I'm 5'7 and weigh 266 pounds. How many calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bathroom-scale.jpg (71 KB, 1000x774) Image search: [Google]
bathroom-scale.jpg
71 KB, 1000x774
/fit/ I'm 5'7 and weigh 266 pounds. How many calories less do I need to take during the week to lose pounds? I'm also at a gym and have been weight training for about a 2weeks or so and running.

Read the stick but didn't really get that part of it with their description.
>>
>>37912993
Get the app myfitnesspal

It only has the option to lose 2lbs a week, any more and they claim its unhealthy, but it gives you an idea of how many calories you should be consuming. I was only consuming about 1700 a day and lost a good amount in a couple of weeks. Not sure if the calorie deficit amount depends on your weight, so make sure you try it out yourself.
>>
>>37912993
Read the sticky again
1: 500 less calories per day, but you can do more since your that big. Figure out what your eating and eat less. Eat at a 800ish cal deficit.

2: running is going to destroy your knees. Pick up cycling or something less impact until your lighter.

3: I was 215 at 5'6, you have a little farther to go but your starting off with a better resource. Point being, within a year you can have some pretty great progress if you stick with it.

I'd recommend getting on a beginners program and eating at a deficit. Good luck
>>
>>37913127
I'm following the 5x5 stripped guide with the weights, and if running is that bad what about power walking? Also when I run it's more of a light jog that I only do for a the straight parts of a track, then I walk the curves.

Are you saying that jogging at any speed is just terrible for me and that I should stick to walking at a faster pace period until I get down to like 215-220? At the speed and pace I go at I certainly never feel any pain.
>>
>>37913411
It's not a sudden thing, but your joints will fail you years before they usually would. On the plus side, you making the change now has already saved you years, if you stick with it.

Power walking < jogging < running In terms of impact. That being said, some jogging/power walking combo will probably not destroy them, but keep in mind that the more impact you put on them, at your weight, the more damage done down the road. Cycling/swimming etc is my recommendation for now, if you have access to a pool or bike (stationary or otherwise) but light jogging and power walking will suffice. I'm not trying to scare you, and a single run won't blow your knees out or anything. But I'd just hate to see someone fight through the problem of excess weight just to face the problem of poor joint health. Look into getting some vitamins for your joints perhaps.

Tldr; LISS (low intensity steady state) cardio will probably keep your joints healthier in the long run for now, as compared to more intense action like running. But if your pressed for time or resources, do what you gotta do.

5x5 will work fine, it's just important to be doing some weight training when you begin to give yourself a good base once your at your goal weight and want to add muscle
>>
>>37914196
My attack plan is simply eating less, lifting weights, along with doing cardio. I should also clarify that I'm in a weight training class, rather than a gym. I'll eventually join a gym, it's just it was easier to go with the class because it's closer atm.

I'll probably stick with the power walk/light job combo for now, and then stick to treadmills and going at a fast pace once I join a gym in a few weeks. It's not like I won't burn calories sticking with walking on a treadmill anyways.
>>
>>37912993
>/fit/ I'm 5'7 and weigh 266 pounds. How many calories less do I need to take during the week to lose pounds?

You kinda have to work backwards. Track how many calories you are eating, and what happens to your weight, for at least a month. From THAT, you can calculate what you are burning, and then eat 500/day under that to lose a pound a week.
>>
>>37914295
You seem like you have exactly the right game plan to start. Keep learning, always be open to new knowledge. You will make it in no time. Just don't give up, alright? I hate how often people give up. You have everything at your disposal, you have the right attack plan. Just put it into action man. Good luck
>>
>>37914348
Thanks anon.

>>37914341
I'll keep track of my weight every week when I way myself and adjust from there.
>>
Fellow manlet here at 5'7 but 185lbs you disgusting fat fuck! That being said, best of luck and don't give up!
>>
>>37912993
You need to calculate your TDEE yourself Anon, you can generalize it some what by eating your normal amount and counting the calories, cut calories from there. If your weight isn't dropping about 1lb a week. You did not cut enough calories.
At 266 lbs though, you can massively cut calories and not worry.
Easy mode just go for 1500-1800 calories of protein rich food. If you stick to that and are working out regularly you will lose a lot of weight with little problems.
When you drop down to about 220 I'd suggest dropping to the 1200-1500 range.
Really at your level all you need to know is
>the workouts for the body type you want
>and to stay at a calorie deficit outside of maintenance days
Know you will be changing your diet a lot, you will find some months harder than others and want to binge, but you can't Anon. You just need to stay below your TDEE. You can do this.
>>
>>37914834
Can't outrun a good diet. Good advice.
What do people think of IF on weekends/sedentary periods?
>>
>>37914845
I do IF almost daily outside of a meal replacement shake (whey protein, ground up vegetable mixture) in the morning.
It's pretty alright for cutting if you've got strong will power during the period that you aren't eating.
For me I'm so busy in the morning/afternoon that I don't have time to eat. So when I get home I eat all my macros before bed, it's super comfy.

If that's something you think you can do or vice versa if you eat a huge breakfast and don't have cravings in the afternoon. By all means.
Might want to buy some fiber/protein bars to start with though.
If you do get a craving you can't control you need to make a smart decision not the fatty decision. Eat fruit, or the fiber bar. Something to make you feel full in a time of weakness.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.