[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, what's the point in cheat days? I had my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-09-08-20.png (217 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-09-08-20.png
217 KB, 800x480
Hey /fit/, what's the point in cheat days? I had my first one this year yesterday and I feel like shit.
>>
PSA cheat day doesn't mean eat 8000 calories of pizza and soda. Means eat your maintenance or slightly above and one or two items you usually wouldn't.
>>
Yeah everytime i go for one i end up splurging a few days worth of caloric deficit and ruining my cut.
Last week was a pint of ben n jerrys 1k kcal. Week before was dominos whole thin pizza and 16chicken nuggets. Im still losing weigh altho i could have lost more without those sprees
>>
Cheat days are for people who really enjoy things that aren't healthy.

I would imagine most fit people don't have them, or they do but very rarely. It literally is giving in to weakness for a momentary pleasure.
>>
It's purely a mental thing. Some people find a longer term cut easier to stick to if they allow a cheat here and there, even though it slows down the overall process.

Anything you've heard about "refeeding" or any other attempt to justify it is pure broscience. It is STRICTLY an emotional crutch, period.
>>
>>37908860
i have couple cheat meals during the month, and i compensate by not eating much on that day (basicaly eat a shitload of chicken breast so i can eat a whole pizza without going much out of my macros)
>>
cheat days are for retards who can't eat out ordering reasonably and with moderation pretty much

you know, eating normally
>>
>tfw take steroids and every day is a cheat day but dont gain fat
>>
File: Portland nude bike ride.jpg (47 KB, 622x413) Image search: [Google]
Portland nude bike ride.jpg
47 KB, 622x413
>>37908860
For me they're so that I can maintain a social life. Most of my friends socialize by going out for drinks and food or pubcrawling.

I use my psychic skills to predict when these days will happen and eat a slightly larger defecit for like two days before so I can have a good time getting tipsy and enjoying myself with some excellent gnosh.
>>
>>37910605
Literally this.
If you occasionally sneak 200cal of cake between your chicken and veggies, it will do a lot less harm than eating 3 pizzas every sunday.
>>
>>37908860
so much broscience in this thread

cheat days are to help metabolism, if you eat healthy constantly then you will stop burning fat as much, a cheat day is kind of a shock to the fat burning system that you eat like shit, and your body will be like oh fuck no, and get that shit out quick, it's best to have a cheat meal a week to keep fat burning at maximum potential, then the body stops burning so much fat stores and more focuses on just pulling the nutrients and shit it needs from the healthy food you are eating...tried explaining that so a retard could understand it
>>
>>37911033
>so much broscience in this thread
>lists complete nonsense broscience
>>
>>37911033
wat
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.