[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/QTDDTOT/- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 547x465
Other one is almost kill.

Make sure you read the sticky before asking any questions if you're a beginner.

So /fit/, is Greyskulls LP (pic related) really an intermediate program? I did it for the first time today with some accessories and it felt good, but I feel like it's less intensity than SL.

Thoughts? Continue doing as an intermediate?
>>
i feel like im straining my lower back during goblet squats, is this to be expected if youre new to them?

i think im keeping my back mostly straight, but my quads dont feel like theyre getting any strain at all, and my ass feels barely worked either. my knees arent going past my toes, i do feel like the knees are going ever so slightly inwards, but im at a lowe weight atm and figure ill work that out over time.
>>
>>37894169
What?
Gslp is a novice program, lmao.
Better than SL, for sure, tho.
>>37894404
Film yourself squat.
It is the only way to ensure spinal neutrality.
Proprioception is not enough sometimes
>>
>>37894452
what exactly should my back be like? should i ensure its absolutely straight from the arse upwards, or is it ok to tense it as i would doing OHP?
>>
About to finish my 5lb jar of protein powder.
Are there any alternatives to protein powder before I buy another jar?
What are the benefits of protein powder besides protein? Anything significant compared to getting it by food?
Is protein powder the most cost effective way of getting your protein?
Any specific kinds of protein that are more beneficial? I usually get Optimum Nutrition
I've started breaking out and my dermatologist said to stray away from it, but I don't see me doing that unless there are any better and real alternatives
>>
>>37894452
P.s. While it is a novice program, the author does have some thoughts on continuing it as an intermediate and even advanced lifter.
https://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf (pretty much talks about this from the beginning)
Definitely not phrak's variant, tho. That is for novices

Probably read the book and do a variant that suits an intermediate level better.

Or do a U/L/U or something similar with high volume and 2x frequency.
>>
>>37894466
Straight (as in a neutral position, it can be at most any angle that suits your proportions, just no flexin or extension of the spine) and braced (not sure what you mean by "tensed" but your lower spine should be braced with your abs, and your upper back muscular should be tight and packed)

>>37894479
The cheaper chicken has growth hormones and antibiotics. Most other cheap meat is fatty.

Other than that, no benefit to powder.
>>
>>37894506
>flexin
Flexion*
>>
>>37894479
I primarily buy protein simply because it's pretty cheap for what it literally is, a protein supplement to my diet

same reason I eat a good quantity of beans/lentils and eggs, they're just good nutrient dense food.

whey protein is literally just evaporated milk more or less, there's absolutely nothing special about it beyond that
>>
File: meme12eggdiet.png (16 KB, 285x179) Image search: [Google]
meme12eggdiet.png
16 KB, 285x179
What does fit think of pic related diet? Is there anything wrong with 12 eggs a day?
I mainly just want to meet my macros for as cheap as possible so I think this will be alright.
>>
>>37894638
Also inb4 dietary cholesterol has any large affect on health
>>
>>37894638
>12 eggs = 5040 calories
>>
>>37894698
I like in Australia where we use Kilojoules
>>
File: Young zyzz.png (250 KB, 456x414) Image search: [Google]
Young zyzz.png
250 KB, 456x414
I was just wondering if the young zyzz physique is attainable within a year.
Current stats:
70kg
180cm (5ft 10)

Lifting stats:
BP - 45kg
SQ - 50kg
DL - 75kg
OHP - 25kg
ALL FOR 5 REPS BTW

My routine has been really screwed up for the past 6 months (I know I've been lifting 6 months and my stats are absolute horse ****). I've been going from 5x5 to a brosplit to 6 day ppl to 3 day ppl then back to 5x5. :/
>>
>>37894953
Bro that is like 6 months liftan 3-4 months cuttan
>>
>>37894978
What routine do I do?
Everyone is saying ss is a meme but then they say ss is a meme is a meme
Fukn 4chan
>>
>>37894169
I did the blood test to check my testosterone level.
The result was : 452,90 ng/dl
Now the scale ranges from 249,00-836,00
I don't know if my level is average or i have low testosterone. Can somebody who knows this shit explain?
>>
Experiencing mechanical back pain (probably a strain). Switched from back squats to front squats to help alleviate until I'm back to 100%. Front squats seem to be hurting my back as well, anything else I can do for legs until my back gets better? Only have access to free weights and barbell/squat rack
>>
>>37894953
>>37895034
you answered you own question, boss

you ping-ponged back to 5x5 because it fucking works, and then you wonder if people are telling the truth about SS being good or a meme

not gonna make it
>>
>>37895222
Alright stronglifts here i come
>>
>>37894169
whats the best way to lower body fat?
>>
how long should one bulk for?
>>
>>37895293
Eat less.
>>
High rep or low reps
Whats better? Why?
I normally do 3x10
6,2 220lbs at 18% bf
>>
>>37895326
lower reps for strength
higher reps for lighter weight
really high reps for endurance.

>>37895300
until you feel too fat

>>37895214
you could do split squats so you have less weight on your back whilst still doing enough leg work

>>37895034
do SS

>>37894638
idk how many calories that is but if you're hitting calories and protein you'll be fine. all that food is pretty nutritious
>>
>>37895293
kcal deficit and high intensity interval training
>>
>>37895531
Why not stronglifts?
>>
What are macros? What different macros do I need in my diet? How much?
>>
>>37895562
because stronglifts is a program made by a jew to shill his phone app
>>
>>37895564
If you read the diet section of the sticky you will know these things
>>
>>37894452
>>37894483
Had a feeling it was novice and I'd get called a fucking idiot for saying otherwise, well thanks for not being a dick about it. And yeah U/L/U sounds good for 3 days a week intermediate training.
>>
What does 15% bf look like on a skelly?
>>
I was doing some quad stretches, sitting on my heels and supporting myself on the bed since I'm a piece of wood.
After that I sort of collapsed on the bed forward to relax a bit, with the edge of the bed pushing into my lower belly, belly button height, and I felt a huge sensation of release of tension in my lower back.
It was one of those "hurts so good" sensations, just radiating from my lumbars.
Is it something I should do more since I sit down a lot?
>>
Just did some very intense partly-uphill cycling for the first time in a few years, haven't done cardio for about 2 years, got to my destination and was totally out of breath, legs went to jelly, nearly passed out and had to sit down for like 10 minutes to recover.

I'm 36 and on the fat side. Good part was an Arab qt gave me a drink of water. What's wrong with me? Could it be diabeetus? It's happened to me a couple of times in the past when I've done exercise after a long period of laziness.
>>
>>37894169
what text editor is this?
>>
>>37896154
looks like emacs
>>
Do squats even work your glutes or am I doing them wrong? Quads feel destroyed afterwards but my ass seems fine. I'm a man so I'd rather not have a gigantic ass. Finally about to hit lmao2pl8.
>>
File: 1450095339475.jpg (194 KB, 962x1112) Image search: [Google]
1450095339475.jpg
194 KB, 962x1112
1. Is pic related legit or a meme?

2. Life with a pacemaker - what are the legit limitations? Wife has lazy welfare shitlord land whale sister who gave herself 3 heart attacks from drinking too many energy drinks. Has pacemaker as a result. Has had 3 kids despite being told she would die if she had one more after #2.
Says she can't work, workout, or be outside during high peak sun times because she will die.

Verify as bullshit please anon...
>>
>>37896284
If you take the same roids he did, you can do any dumb brosplit shit and get shredded. Find a good program instead and stay natty.

IDK about the working out part, but one can maintain weight solely on diet so there's that.
>>
Are wrist rollers actually great for size?

I'm not sure if they are a meme.

How often can you use it weekly? I just want my forearms to get as big as possible.
>>
At what bf% do you guys usually start cutting?
>>
what is shieko?
>>
>>37896499
most people recommend 18-20%.
>>
File: 09 - WHH7K8i.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
09 - WHH7K8i.png
121 KB, 250x418
>>37894169
I'm about to follow phraks GSLP too OP, but I can't do 1 chin-up yet.

My gym has a assisted pull-ip/chin-up machine, should I use that only, or a combination of that + lat pull down machine +curls?
>>
Going on vacation soon. Is it weird if I bring creatine and protein powder? I want to keep some gains.
>>
>>37897330
Negatives are also recommended usually.
I would do assisted+negatives, the less machines/isolation exercises the better
I did assisted for a while and now I can do around 6
>>
>>37894169
How do I sex? 19 and still a virgin, not that I'm terrible with girls, I just haven't had the opportunity to fuck one
I know most of you will tell me that I need experience and not to overthink it, well the ones that won't call me a crying little faggot will anyway, just try and help me out, what advice would you give your virgin selves?
>>
I'm planning to reach my daily calories goal with this ratio:
Protein: 43%
Carbs: 32%
Fats: 25%
I've got this from a german bodybuilding board that recommends 4g per bodyweight of protein. I'm not sure if that's just brosience but they are huge and they should know what they are talking about right?

Isn't this a keto/low carb diet?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160712-133529.png (877 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-133529.png
877 KB, 1440x2560
BATSINTHEBARBELL:

Where is my squat plug video you said you were working on? :(
>>
>>37896284
failure on deadlifts? fuark
>>
>>37896154
Looks like he wrote it in atom...
>>
>>37897762
protitutes are always an option
>>
>>37897762

The actual fucking is easy mate. It should come naturally. If you have a decent knowledge of female anatomy, angles and can read her reactions to different "strokes" then you'll do great. If you use a condom you should be able to control when you cum, just by using self control. If not, then pause whenever you have to for a second and kiss her or whatever, and practice edging (same thing) when you masturbate. Foreplay is probably the least easy aspect,n but it's easy too. I don't know how to explain it. Really, your instincts take over. Having a big dick isn't essential, it helps most with foreplay and turns her on when she sees it. During the actual fucking part, it's not important. Having a big dick can be a big of a hassle, making sure not to hit her cervix and all that.
>>
>can do 8 chinups
>cant even really do one pullup
How do I fix this faM
>>
Where do you guys buy t shirts? Nearly all of my shirts are too tight in the arms now, and when I go up a size, it looks like I'm wearing a dress
>>
>>37898182
do negatives until you can do one. And then work on doing a second one, and so on.
>>
>>37898172
thanks fampai, definitely something to think over
>>
>>37898203
Will try, I think its more cns related than strength related anyway
>>
How's PPL compared to PHUL? I did PPL last year and felt okay doing it, but I was doing a bit lighter weights.
Now that college ended, I've been doing PPL but with heavier weights. Since then, I haven't been able to sleep for more than 5 hours and have felt like shit overall. I was definitely eating enough but I just felt like absolute shit. My numbers continued going up too. I'm on vacation for the week so I'll have some time to recover. Was I overtraining? I read that lack of sleep is a symptom.
How does /fit/ like PHUL? It'd be easier to fit in cardio, which I like. I was doing PHAT during college and felt fine.
>>
If you have money to burn, should you use steroids to speed up gaining muscle?
>>
Can you still gain muscle on a cut, or will you always either stay at the same amount of muscle, or always lose it?
>>
>>37898429
What a retarded question.
>>
>>37898334
lack of sleep is the cause, not a symptom, ya chucklefuck. no sleep, no gains
>>
>>37898429
cost should not be your primary concern with steroids
>>
I just signed up for the gym today, I'm a 220lbs, 6ft 3" Male (1.90500 meters 99.7903kg).

Tomorrow I've got some form of a program to show me around each machine, I want to cut to be lean while hopefully retaining some muscle so I'm not skinnyfat. Is going heavy on the cardio a bad idea in this case? I'm not very comfortable with weights (I have no idea what I'm doing).

Also, what's a good goal weight with cutting at my height? When should I start to cut into the fat? I'm at a very high bf %..
>>
>>37898483
A simple Google search would show that overtraining can also lead to a lack of sleep, retard. I was sleeping fine until I started PPL.
>>
>>37898544
Don't use machines.
>>
>>37898567
I said that wrong, there is a few machines but plenty of dumbells and bench presses etc.
>>
File: 1449378040404.jpg (217 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1449378040404.jpg
217 KB, 600x800
>>37898567
Realistic natty?
>>
>>37898483
Don't answer shit that you don't anything about, fuck tard.
>>
>>37898575
if under 6' yea
>>
What would be a good split routine when i´m not allowed to train legs for a few weeks (adductor muscle is kill)
Propably deadlifts won´t be an option either
>>
>>37898592
You saying my 5'7 life has at least one positive aspect besides comfy airplane travels??
>>
Why shouldn't I hire one of those hollywood nutritionist/personal trainers if I can afford it?
>>
>>37894169
Don't know about Phrak's GSLP, but GSLP itself is a beginner program built on linear progression, like SS. Hence Greyskull Linear Progression.

It can take you into the intermediate realm because of how it handles deloads.
>>
>>37898782
Hire a cook if anything.
>>
What's the best routine you can do for muscle/strength gains ? jason blaha 5x5 ice cream fitness was my go to, I'm planning to do a long term bulk with minimal caloric surplus, staying lean and gaining muscle type of a thing.
>>
>>37898544
protip: exercise accounts for a very very very small amount of weight loss unless you do cardio heavy daily for hours.

If you want to cut to be "lean" whiling maintaining as much muscle (that you probably don't have if you've never lifted before), you eat at a small caloric deficit and eat enough protein.

>Also, what's a good goal weight with cutting at my height?
it's all subjective. You have to look in the mirror and see what looks good to you

>When should I start to cut into the fat? I'm at a very high bf %..
um...what?
>>
What's the best routine for muscle/strength gains ? Jasons blaha's 5x5 was my go to, anything else that offers the best of both worlds ?
>>
>>37898874
PHUL, PHAT, PPL.
>>
>>37898278
it's not. They use different muscles.

>>37898450
you are starving your body so that it eats itself, so no, you can't really gain muscle when your body is losing weight except for some specific conditions (steroids, age, how long you've been working out, etc).

>or will you always either stay at the same amount of muscle, or always lose it?
When you're on a cut, generally the best you can hope for is to maintain the muscle you have. If your routine and diet aren't on point, you'll start to lose muscle/strength.
>>
Ive been doing full body everything in gym 5 days a week.

Im lifting more each week, and i hear not having breaks is bad but i dont feel sore when i lift again. But i hear you need 48 hours after a specific lift to lift again.

But if im not feeling sore or hurt, do i just keep going ham?
>>
>>37898932
do you see progress?
>>
How much fat per lbs of bd weight on a bulk vs cut ? Would it be 0.45/lbs on a cut and 0.3 on a bulk ?
>>
File: 1421030949229.gif (951 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1421030949229.gif
951 KB, 500x280
How do I stop eating so much?

I'm not kidding. I can muster up the willpower to drag my ass to the gym 12 hours a week but I can't put down the spoon.

Is it a lack of things to do during the day? I feel genuinely hungry when I eat but come dinner time I always say 'fuck it i'll do more cardio' and eat another plate.

I don't know if I'm depressed or retarded, maybe both. Is there any trick to occupying your brain so you're not thinking about food?
>>
Any tips for mobilizing/releasing tension in the lower back? After a few months of squats and DLs it has become really tight and it's kinda uncomfortable.

This doesn't affect my performance in the gym but it does bother me during the day. It's not pain, just sore/tight/uncomfortable.

I tried static stretching but it doesn't seem to do much. Can i foam roll this or something?
>>
>>37899046
Roll glutes with a ball.
>>
>>37899041
change what you eat. You can't out run a bad diet
>>
>>37899127
I'm not eating anything bad. I'm just eating too much of it.

It's 4pm and I'm already at my cal and macro limits.
>>
any tips for developing all parts of the chest equally? i don't mean lower/upper, that's fine, but i mean outer/inner. my outer pecs are strong and pop out but my chest looks dramatically weaker as it goes to the gap between my pecs..
anyway i feel like i somehow ignored this part of my chest in my workouts, how do i work my inner chest more?
>>
>>37899148
eat a pound of chicken breast and see if you'll be able to eat more of it. CHANGE WHAT YOU EAT
>>
Best routine and times lifting a week for someone who may transition?
>>
ive got an interview for a job that is 4 days off 4 days on, working 12 hour shifts (9am-9pm)

how the fuck do i fit a routine into this schedule
>>
>>37899232
so if i have 1 kg tub of vanilla yoghurt. Could i mix in protein powder into that? I only have chocolate flavoured whey but its still tempting... If so, how many 30g scoops should i put in to that 1 kg
>>
>>37899307
fugg didnt mean to reply to that post
>>
>>37894953
180cm is 5'11 actually m8
Have fun thinking about that 1 inch you had to grow
>>
>>37899232
wake up at 6am and work out

>>37899307
you can but just do it per serving.
>>
My spine hurts from squatting, but only the neck-spine, idk how to call it. Only the upper part of my spine that is at the neck. I squatted for the first time today and now I feel it hurting. I did my best to lift with proper form, does anyone know what else could it be?
>>
>>37899363
were you resting the bar on your neck? It was probably that.
>>
File: IMG-20160703-WA0007.jpg (273 KB, 1200x1599) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160703-WA0007.jpg
273 KB, 1200x1599
Fit, if you skip a gym day do you make up for it the next day doing both workouts in one day or just let that day go?
>>
>>37899395
Now I think that it might be from the fact that while I was squatting I was looking at my feet. I took Johnny Candito's advice about unracking the bar for squat (DYEL here). I don't know what it is, I just hope that my spine won't bend or something if I rest it on my neck, and cause injury.
>>
>>37898946
Yes, but would i see more if i went every other?
>>
>>37898873
I've went from 250lbs to 220lbs and I can't see any real difference in the mirror/progress pics. Just curious as to why I can lose so much weight without any loss of fat (that I can see)
>>
>>37899460
if you're doing AxBxAxxBxAxBxx, you just shift the x. Go to the gym the next day and proceed.

>>37899464
the bar shouldn't be on your neck anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTKxEgb28
>>
>>37899342
>Implying i dont eat it out of tub itself
such is life when living alone
>>
>>37899469
over training is a myth

>>37899478
it's hard to see a difference from fat to not as fat. If you lost 30lbs, you lost fat (and muscle too). Just keep going, it takes a while to notice changes because you see yourself daily.
>>
>>37899491
Well I did had the bar in the wrong spot
Thanks anon I'll be more careful with it now
>>
>>37898223
For the love of god don't over think.
The moment you start thinking too much you slowly, then rapidly descend into a disaster.

Don't be afraid to try shit that you're into (as long as it's not TOO weird), whatever feels better for you and makes you more comfortable/enjoy it more.

The worst thing is having tried so hard to make sure you're doing everything right that you forgot to even enjoy the sex for yourself.
You'll learn to be more "selfish" and they tend to like that, because it validates them.
>>
>>37898429
Plz don't use steroids m8. This is supposed to be about good health.
>>
I posted yesterday and only got one reply, I'll be more specific. I am almost 2 years on HRT, (MTF not ftm) and was wondering since im smaller if I drank GOMAD would it distribute the weight to my hips, ass, and thighs? Sorry I don't know alot about fitness other the execrises i do to not be fat.
>>
>>37899167
plz respond
>>
>>37898592
First time I've been glad to be 5'8
>>
>>37898592
>tfw 5'11
For once it feels good t b h
>>
>>37899206
I just had 13.7oz of chicken for lunch 3 hours and now I'm hungry again. It's like a fuckin tape worm man
>>
When you lose muscle on a cut, is it because A. your body thinks it needs the protein (i.e. eat more protein) or because it thinks it doesn't need the muscle (i.e. lift more weights)?

Or is it more like 80/20?
>>
>>37899041
Keeping yourself busy is a great way to stop that, depression does also contribute to eating unnecessarily. It could be many things, including you simply having to get USED to this new diet, habits die hard anon.
Just gotta have some more will power. This is all assuming your diet is actually on point so the ONLY problem really is your eating habit.
>>
STRETCH BEFORE OR AFTER WEIGHT TRAINING?
>>
>>37899571
Ass and thighs if you squat like 3 plates but since your T levels aren't as normal as any other male, you won't get there that fast.
>>
>>37899696
I have barely any T at all, I take testosterone blockers.
>>
>>37897762
Advice to give my virgin self?

Hey 16 year old anon, don't change anything you're doing. You're super awkward and the spaghetti flows, but the important thing is you're pushing ahead and trying to hang out with that girl. That's literally all that's required. If there's mutual interest, you don't have to do much, it'll most likely just happen, as long as you can get both of yourselves in a room.
>>
>>37899704
>T blockers
You realize you're fucking with your body too much anon. You need T to grow muscles so only way for you to get ass and thighs is to get fat.
>>
>>37899570
>thinking they're mutually exclusive
>>
>>37899757
I am on it prescribed by my doctor though.
>>
>>37898592
>>37898604
Wot? Shorter guys have more visible gains or something? How does that work?
>>
If I was looking into wanting to become a personal trainer, what would be the best way to look into it?
>>
>>37899837
Even girls have a certain level of T that eventually helps them to grown muscles.
If you want to gain muscles faster, stop T blockers and other female hormones you're taking (shit's not normal anyway). If you want to look like a girl keep going.

Doctor prescribed that shit 'cause you told him you wanna be a girl or something.
>>
>>37899957
No it was this whole ordeal, I had to go to a therapist who refereed me to a psychologist who i had to to talk to for about a year before i was aloud to start hrt, who i met the doctor who is specialized in this.
So i would hope that isn't the case, It could explain why I am so weak.
>>
File: shig.jpg (15 KB, 286x150) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
15 KB, 286x150
>>37899041
Try to follow pic related, 3x8 couple times a day.
Add 5lbs of weight every other week.
>>
Seeking ways to calm my nerves
I lift I do cardio healthy diet sleep well still am getting from calm to superfly T.N.T. in no time.
What to do?
>>
File: FuckinGoogle.gif (2 MB, 392x226) Image search: [Google]
FuckinGoogle.gif
2 MB, 392x226
When did you first fail at OHP? In week 4 of SL. Nervous about 75 lbs./34 Kg today, as I barely finished 5x5 at 70 a few days ago.
>>
>>37898450
If you pay a lot of attention to your diet you can.
It's slower, but it's no unheard of, especially for a beginner
>>
>>37900443

This is what you get w/ Stonglifts. Early stalls & lots of deloads. Your form is probably wack though. OHP usually stalls nearing one plate. You need to start increasing by 1 kg instead of 2.5 at this point.
>>
>>37900392
meditate
>>
Is there any image or short copypasta about weightlifting shoes?
looking to get a pair because why not
>>
UK, where do you get your chalk? Liquid chalk okay?
>>
My right hip (groin area) is consistently making a clicking noise when I lift and extend my leg. Its only painful when I try to squat or DL. What should I do?
>>
Should I do deadlifts on my back day or on my leg day?
>>
>>37901065
>brosplit
you should just kill yourself
>>
>>37901065
kys brosplitter
>>
>>37901119
>>37901132
>>37901135

So, you are telling me deadlifts are not suited for a 3 days split?
>>
File: 1468270019463.jpg (29 KB, 283x297) Image search: [Google]
1468270019463.jpg
29 KB, 283x297
>>37894169
Who is the this guy?
>>
Hi /fit/ my gym has gone bankrupt and closed, and I'm not going to be able to join another gym until I move to another city next month,

I was cutting, but should I continue to do so if I can't workout or is this the perfect way to lose muscle? Should I eat at maintenance instead?
>>
I use pokemon go for cardio

Will it kill my gains? I walked 16km today
>>
>>37901228
Sadik
>>
>>37900703
Being honest I have considered it but am quite sceptical about it and as a result am afraid that I ain't gonna give my best effort. Any other suggestion?
>>
>>37901239
HOLY FUCK! 3 FUCKING MONTHS AND I FINALLY KNOW THIS NIGGERS NAME. THANK YOU ANON
>>
>>37901191
>3 day bro split
you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>37901065
>leg day
>back day

I deadlift on snatch days :^)
>>
I've been lifting on and off since 1, i'm 21 now, not very strong at all really and might add that I do a small bit of running on my off days for cardiovascular fitness. My main goal is to get stronger.
>>
I've been cutting from skinny fat mode

I'm probably around 15-17% body fat

My frame looks small as FUCK but still have extra fat around my stomach and chest

Do I keep cutting until I am literally auschwitz mode or should I do a small bulk and just lift hard as fuck and hope that shit evens out?

Will doing things like HIIT help?
>>
>>37901369
since 16. lol.
For some reason it cut off the crux of the question: is it detrimental to lift every other day, doing a 5x5 style full body workout?
>>
What does /fit/ think of ab wheels?
>>
>>37901326
>>37901315
>>37901135
>>37901132

Well, I will just put it on the legs day for now, thanks for warning me about the inefficiency of a 3 days split guys
>>
>>37901472
They are pretty much pointless
>>
File: 20160713_010948.jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160713_010948.jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
Wtf is happening to my right arm?
>>
>>37901391
What bother you the most? Your body fat or your low mucle mass?
Wornk on that

Anyway, when starting out gaining muscle mass is pretty easy if you lift and eat right, and people can do it without increasing body fat, have this in mind when making your choice
>>
>>37901678
It is a little swollen above the elbow, you're welcome

>>37901653
That's just how wells are, retard
>>
>>37901678

terminal cancer
>>
>>37901686
Probably muscle mass..

I read that the body stores less fat as muscle mass increases, any truth to that?

Also read that HIIT improves metabolism, leading to less fat storage, any truth to that either?

I'm basically hoping I can eat at a SLIGHT surplus and build muscle whilst also doing HIIT and killing off any fat I have and just purely building muscle
>>
>>37901700
>a little
>>
>>37901710
Do i get roids on chemo though?
>>
>>37901717
>I read that the body stores less fat as muscle mass increases, any truth to that?

Not exactly, but kind of
the thing is that the more muscle mass you have the higher your metabolism gets, since that muscle mass is consuming calories to exist, so muscular people need to eat more and may have a easier time losing fat because of that higher metabolism

>Also read that HIIT improves metabolism, leading to less fat storage, any truth to that either?

Same as above, anything that gives you more muscle mass will make your metabolism faster

You know, researching things on your own is much better than just doing whatever you feel like, but if you can, forget what people say on the internet and get professional help, do what a trainer and what a nutricionist tell you.
>>
If I am not sore the next day was it a wasted workout or is that just something that happens after you workout for a while?
>>
Anyone have personal experience with yohimbine hcl?

I know you're supposed to be on a low calorie diet with it, wondering it actually works though.
>>
>>37901782
Thanks for your help, I have been looking myself and I seem to be in the right ballpark no?
>>
>>37900674
Did 'em, but it wasn't easy. Had to breathe and reset for each rep towards the end. I think my form is decent, except I forget to shrug at the top some of the reps. Wow, symmetricstrength lists 125 lbs. as "proficient" (2+ years lifting) for OHP for 5 reps at my body weight. And you're saying that's when people first start to stall...?

And no one has actually answered my question >>37900443
>When did you first fail at OHP?
yet...
>>
>>37901896
Yeah, pretty much, but have in mind that losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is pretty much impossible, so try to focus on one thing only.
>>
>>37901678
>arm
Come on, that's a leg...
>>
File: 1467977663553.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467977663553.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>37894169
Which is better, anons: fullbody 4x week or U/L 2x week? i.e:

ABxABxx

either

A:
front squat
dip
pullup
B:
back squat
deadlift
ohp

or

A:
back squat
front squat
deadlift
B:
dip
ohp
pullup
>>
File: brosplit vs ss.png (984 KB, 1040x636) Image search: [Google]
brosplit vs ss.png
984 KB, 1040x636
>>37901637
Don't listen to these retarded anons. Brosplits are better for aesthetics but worse for strength.
>>
>>37899653
You need both.
Your body needs the protein, but even if you eat enough protein you may see atrophy. So you need to eat protein and train.
>>
>>37896270
high bar squats are more quad-focused, while low-bar hits the posterior chain more.

Either way, deadlifts are best for hammies & ass, not squats.

>>37897848
The very small amount of studies out there seem to indicate that the body can only use less than 1g of protein per lb of body weight, but it never hurts to go over. I honestly don't think tracking the other macros very religiously is worth it unless you're an advanced lifter.

>>37898544
Read the sticky

>>37898575
That's end-game for a natty, imo.

>>37899167
genetics 1xf

>>37899460
Depends on the program. If the muscle groups worked would impact your next workout, don't do it, otherwise pile on. Or just take the missed day, one day isn't a big deal.

>>37901369
Every other day is actually very standard and I would recommend it starting out. Read the sticky.
>>
>>37902057
I'm completely fine with this
>>
>>37898575
I think he may be barely too big in the abs and biceps
>>
Speaking of brosplits. I've been doing
1) Back and triceps
2) Chest and biceps
3) Legs and shoulders

3 times a week. Can I raise it to 6 times a week and have enough rest for each group?
>>
>>37901855
It just happens. Some days you will be sore, some days you will not. It will never be as bad as your first few workouts.

>>37902035
Probably upper/lower based on that structure. Personally I prefer full body AxBxAxx BxAxBxx routines, but in that format neither is objectively better. In this case, I think U/L is better than doing back-to-back full body workouts.
>>
>>37901855
the later
>>
>>37902115
Thanks. I'm doing fullbody 3x week now, but I wonder if there may be a benefit to doing each upper body exercise 2x week instead of 1.5x week, as long as they don't interfere with each other.
>>
File: 1462838729176.jpg (22 KB, 212x248) Image search: [Google]
1462838729176.jpg
22 KB, 212x248
>Friend quit gym after two months of no results on SS
>didnt eat protein
>didnt sleep
>didnt up lifts or attempt heavier sets
>did nothing but drink alchohol and started taking up smoking
>Suddenly shows me pokemon go, insists he has built more "leg muscles" and has lost his bodyfat by playing it
>Other friends chime in insisting that you don't need to gym if you've got the game and are going to post "amazing body results" when the game has been released for two weeks

Should I cut off contact?
>>
>>37902057
These pics look like the same guy/house.
>>
>>37902111
You should absolutely be doing that 6 times a week, not 3. That said, you may run into trouble since chest typically has overlap with tris and back with bis; have you considered changing to back/bis, chest/tris, legs/shoulders instead? Or following a more vetted routine in general?
>>
>>37902147
They are twins, each trained 6 months. https://desuarchive.org/fit/thread/30146641/
>>
>>37902145
Why do you lie? Why do you care so much for /fit/'s atention that you'd bullshit so retardedly for some (you)s?
>>
>>37902145
just shun then and get actual games

hit them up in a few weeks and double bicep pose and ask them what happened to their pokegains
>>
>>37902135
I know what you mean bro, I did the same for a while. I have found full-body routines more conducive to strength, and hypertrophy is pretty impossible to objectively gauge. Pick a routine and run with it imo, routine is not worth obsessing over as long as you're hitting all your shit at least 2x a week.

3-day full body routines feel a lot better if you start piling on accessory exercises as well, so on bench day you can do some lateral raises or seated military press, and on OHP day bring in the chest flies... then you're hitting everything a solid 3x a week.
>>
Looking at a protein powder, 24.3g protein per 32g scoop. has 2.6g leucine, 1.6g soleucine and 1.5g valine.

Is it a shit protein powder if it has those as "extras"?
>>
>>37902148
The routine comes from the gym's PT, which are a must where I live because of regulations/liability, although one can do whatever one wants.

I'll try what you say (sounds reasonable) but won't I run into chest-shoulders overlap?
>>
>>37902057
>Brosplits are better for aesthetics
>>37902166
>They are twins
Neat! And I think the SSbro looks better.
>>
>>37902189
Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep doing fullbody for now.
>>
>>37900443
I stalled at 37.5kg for 5 and its been very slow since then
>>
>>37902215
You're absolutely correcting, and that's the one problem I've had with 3-day splits. Generally it's not a game-breaker though and you can get used to it / make it work.

You can try doing
A - Shoulder/Legs
B - Back/bis
C - Chest/tris
ABCxABCx if you have a flexible schedule and don't mind your routine not fitting into a week, otherwise don't sweat it too much, just put whatever your priority is earlier in the week, stay consistent, and eat. You will make gains.
>>
>>37902251
Thanks a lot
>>
>>37899041
After about five days without repeating you wont feel the need for it. That first week is reasonably hard, but you have to do it. After that, start cutting a littlr bit until you start to eat like a real human
>>
Looking for a blender recommendation. Budget is up to $150. Mostly going to making protein smoothies with ice, leafy veggies, and fruit
>>
>workout 10hrs/week
>do 20 mins of HIIT before weight training and after
>eat homemade 5-6 days a week
>drink more than enough water
>rest 6-7 hours a night

I feel like I'm not seeing that much progress on my body despite having a rigurous routine for the past 3 months.

Bust: 92cm Waist: 66cm Hips: 87cm
weight: 125lbs
>>
>>37902408
What are your goals?

You need to eat more to gain muscle, or eat less to lose weight. It's great that you've made a lifestyle change, but to significantly change your body you have to change the amount you're feeding it.
>>
>>37902422
I'd like to bring my waist down to 60cm so I guess lose weight.

>>37902408
forgot to mention I'm 5'6"
>>
>>37902332
Very happy with this one. Handles ice and frozen fruit like a pro.
>>
Is it normal for a beginner to have my shoulders to be the part that gives out during blanks?
>>
>>37902591
shit, planks
>>
So I'm on the second month of five months living in a hotel in a shitty neightboorhood.

I have a mini fridge and microwave for food.
I've gotten the hang of my meals, but I'm lacking in exercise.

I went out and purchased a stationary bike, and there is an old treadmill in the hotel. Just one.
Im struggling in exercise now
Has anyone ever done a strict on the hour routine? I was thinking of for example, every four hours on the dot I jog for 12 minutes, 30min. bike ride.
I keep my miles at about 7min. for an easy pace, not sure how much that would be for biking,

Would it be worth it to lose sleep and wake up to do the exercise?

The main reason I want to do it is for mental exercise.
Im in a one bedroom hotel, work is in my room now.

I
>>
>>37898544
>>37898873
What this guy said.

I loved cardio when I was losing weight.
120 pounds down through diet and cardio alone.

Definitely did not turn skinnyfat.
>>
>>37902806
Lets say I know my current weight and BF%. Can I estimate how much should I weight for a given BF%?

I feel like this is a simple math issue that I'm not grasping
>>
In MGSV:TPP, Snake awakes from a coma with his muscles intact due to [spoiler]deep tissue massages[/spoiler].

Would this work for keeping muscles in a coma OR possibly gaining muscles while you're out and would you require protein through your IV drip to keep said muscle while receiving the massages?

Need to know so I can update my requirements if I'm ever hospitalised.
>>
>>37902980
No, you'd end up looking like a kobe beef. Muscle needs to stretch and compress against load.
>>
>>37894169
How does one go about losing water weight safely I'm just curious to see what I would look like.
>>
>>37903088
Stop taking creatine and carbs. Water is needed to keep glycogen in the muscles. A couple of weeks of keto diet should shed most of it.
>>
optimal rest rep range for mass gains? hear 60 sec, but then mark says 90.
>>
File: 1454237495315.jpg (47 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1454237495315.jpg
47 KB, 500x545
>lifting for a month
>ankle, knee and elbow bones creaking sometimes
Did I fuck my shit up?
>>
>>37903222
>ankle
were/are you fat? doing calf work?
>knee
see above
>elbow
commonly too much tricep weight or bad bench
>>
>>37903222
My hips and knees creak and groan even when I squat without weight, Im hoping its not a problem.
>>
>>37903237
Not extremely fat 5'11 195lb doing SS + dips
>>
Is anyone here from the Bay Area? I'm looking for a gym to join in the Mountain View area. I've heard Dan Green's Boss Barbell Club is good.
>>
>>37903222
Post some form checks on PLG if you're concerned. It's definitely worth it.
>>
If I have some winging in one scapula should I stay away from bench for a while until I fix it? Since you should retract your scapula which I can't do properly at the moment I figure it's worth asking. Would cable flys be an ok substitute for the time being?
>>
File: 1461106710514.jpg (42 KB, 600x838) Image search: [Google]
1461106710514.jpg
42 KB, 600x838
I'm a fat fuck that lost 17 pounds in about a month by doing just cardio and eating 1500 calories a day

A lot of people mentions lifting weights as well, but i feel like i wouldn't burn as many calories as i would when doing cardio

According to the elliptical, i burn about 850 calories on it, would lifting weights burn more than that?

What's some beginning weight lifting shit? I've never done it before
>>
>>37903583
You don't exercise to lose weight, you exercise to improve your muscles or organs. Weight loss is diet. Don't ever rely on calories burned as an accurate measure. It's just algorithms.
>>
>>37903612
I understand that, i just feel like i would be wasting time if i burned 300 calories in 40 minutes when doing cardio i can burn 700

I'm sure this isn't true, i just don't have anything to suggest that it won't be
>>
are stretch marks permanent?

im lucky not to have loose skin but I have a small mark over my abs, almost looks like I got stabbed or something and have a scar

I dont mind, kinda like a badge of honor from getting fit, but can they go away?
>>
I seem to have injured my bicep tendon (was distal, but can now feel it in my shoulder) from spending almost an hour doing chin-ups then trying to pick up a 45 plate one-handed real quick a couple days later (like a dumbass), then (unknowingly) doing a bunch of exercises that agitate it. what do /fit/?
>>
>>37903663
They fade over time, and I know there are protein creams that you can rub them with that are meant to make them fade even more/faster
>>
>>37903612
>>37903659
Adding to this, is there a way to measure calories burned while lifting weights?
>>
What is a good online calculator for working out bulking macros?
>>
I screwed up my hand doing boxing. Can any anon relate? What did you do?

So far I've just been drowning my hand in cold water for the past week. But I'm getting impatient because I can't do bench or OHP
>>
For deadlifts should I be feeling it everywhere?
I feel it only in my legs, lower back and traps
but not in my abs
The bar also scraps my knees when I go down
>>
>>37904514
Just because you dont "feel" it working your abs doesnt mean it isnt working them.

If you brace correctly, your abs are engaged.

Push press is better for hitting abs tho
>>
>>37903988
Bulking macros really dont matter.

All that matters is .8g/lb protein, .35g/lb fats.

As long as you are getting the minimum required nutrients, the rest is just calories.

If you tend to get fat on a bulk, source more calories from protein, as the thermic effect of food will be working in your favor.

If you tend to be a """hard gainer""" worry more about fats and carbs
>>
Should i take whey protein on days i dont work out?
>>
>>37903583
Read this.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309

It isnt about how many kcal you burn lifting.
It is about the fact that for 48 hours, sometimes even 72 hours, you have increased protein synthesis (literally why your muscles grow)

It is also about the metabolic damage inflicted during the training session.

The stimulus of lifting weights really is inducing a severe stress. The adaptive response and recovery from that stress results in an increase in caloric expenditure.

So you dont burn that many calories in the 30 mins liftan, but the next 72-96 hours you are burning many more calories, as your body "repairs" itself. That shit adds up.

I burn 600 kcal in an hour of EXTREMELY intense cardio (10kcal a minute is pretty close to max expenditure, if you arent a fatty with crazy high energy availability)

I burn 2300 kcal in 24 hours of sitting on my ass resting.
>>
I often have this tingleling sensation in my muscles when I wake up. I'm thinking this is the feeling of muscle growth? Should I delay my morning workout to let my muscle grow, or am I fooling myself?
>>
>>37903583
Read this.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309

It isnt about how many kcal you burn lifting.
It is about the fact that for 48 hours, sometimes even 72 hours, you have increased protein synthesis (literally why your muscles grow)

It is also about the metabolic damage inflicted during the training session.

The stimulus of lifting weights really is inducing a severe stress. The adaptive response and recovery from that stress results in an increase in caloric expenditure.

So you dont burn that many calories in the 30 mins liftan, but the next 72-96 hours you are burning many more calories, as your body "repairs" itself. That shit adds up.

I burn 600 kcal in an hour of EXTREMELY intense cardio (10kcal a minute is pretty close to max expenditure, if you arent a fatty with crazy high energy availability)

I burn 2300 kcal in 24 hours of sitting on my ass resting.

So (given the impossibility of 24 hours extreme cardio, inb4 memeing) i burn more calories doing jack shit, than busting my ass.

Lifting changes it from 2300 to maybe 2600 (depending on training frequency) sitting on my ass.

Not to mention the benefits associated with anaerobic activity, from reduced cortisol, increased test and gh, to gene expression and nutrient partitioning.

Cardio is called a gains killer for a reason, but if you do anaerobic cardio instead, you get all the benefita with no detriments
>>
File: macros.png (4 KB, 365x224) Image search: [Google]
macros.png
4 KB, 365x224
>>37894169
Sorry for being a bother guys, I have a question, more like a request for help. I already calculated my calorie intake and macros, but how do I fill this?
I mean, what do I fill this with? It's kind of hard for me, would you give me a guideline if possible?
>>
>>37904652
>>37904625
thanks, I'm checking it out

I feel better about it, I appreciate it
>>
>>37904514
>The bar also scraps my knees when I go down
Gotta ask: you are not bending your knees til the bar is past them, right?
>>
>>37904594
Take it whenever you need a supplement to hit your protein goals.

Your protein intake should be the same on rest days.

Muscles grow when you rest between training, not when you train.

>>37904635
Fooling yourself
>>
>>37904669
Fill what?
That is all you need.
Just hit your macros and caloric goals.

For sure put more of those kcal on rest days.
>>
File: Scruffy.jpg (88 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Scruffy.jpg
88 KB, 720x540
I just signed up to a gym.

Total novice.

I want somebody to show me how to use the barbells correctly (form, posture, etc.) to make sure I'm doing it right, and prevent injury / general idiocy.

The website has about a bajillion inductions listed, including "Strength and Conditioning Induction", "Muscle Building Induction", "General Fitness Induction"...

Which one of these things should I sign up for in order to just get somebody to show me how to use the barbells?
>>
>>37904716
Thanks!

But I meant as a "Shopping list" sort of, like what types of food should I eat kind of thing. Sorry if that's asking for too much.
>>
>>37904723
Probably strength.

Muscle building will probably be a bunch of dyel broscience doing babbyweight machine work and shit.

Strength = heavy barbell compounds.

Also if you havent decides on novice programs yet, i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend greyskull.
https://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
phrak's variant is a great novice program, and has incredible body symmetry.
>>
>>37904723
kat.cr --> starting strength 3rd edition
>>
>>37904755
Thanks, anon. I'll take a look. Is it decent for fat loss as well as strength gain?

>>37904759
Comes up with nothing, buddy.
>>
>>37904736
Food that has the required protein, fats, and carbs you require.

Any human food. "Health" food just means high in fiber and micronutrients (as a general rule). If you get sufficient amounts of both (eat lots of veggies, or take multivitamins and fiber supps) then all food is healthy, as long as it has decent sodium content (sodium is healthy for people who train, but too much of a good thing is bad - high sodium and potassium foods arent quite as bad as high sodium low potassium foods - if you supplement other electrolyes, you can handle more sodium)

That is pretty much nutrition in a nutshell
>>
I've lost about 100 pounds and u got 40 more to go. Should I do keto or stick with a deficit. I'm stalling hard.
>>
>>37904788
>is it decent for fat loss as well as strength gain?
calories in, calories out brother

https://kat.cr/starting-strength-basic-barbell-training-mark-rippetoe-jason-kelly-t9893411.html

the hell it does, buddy
>>
>>37904788
All routines good for strength gain are good for fat loss.

If anything lower the volume slightly, but that is not necessary for two reasons
-you are novice, and thus have a relatively high capacity for recovery (this is why novices progress 3x a week, and intermediates 1x)
-it is a novice program, and already low volume

Just expect to stall as you get around 18% bodyfat or lower, or if your lifts get really High.

At a certain point, you need to eat at a caloric surplus to make gains.

As a novice, especially with huuge amounts of energy availability (i.e. Fatties) you can make noob gains in a deficit
>>
I plan to eat 12 eggs a day to get most of my required protein for as cheap as possible.
>dietary cholesterol meme

Does drinking a raw egg have the same nutritional value as a cooked one?
>>
>>37904625
>>37904652
one more thing

I never lifted weights before, what are some beginner stuff?

I looked into it, but all I find is a huge landry list of shit I never heard of
>>
>>37904837
no
>>
>>37904806
Keto is a meme.

Intermittent fasting legit helps with psychological compliance to a deficit.

If you have been in a deficit for over 8 months, you could be fighting thermogenic adaptation. Reverse diet up to maintenance, eat at maintenance for 3-7 days, then start cutting again.
This should make a world of difference.
>>
>>37904813
Been watching the calories for 3 months now. In that time, I've lost 46lbs as of this morning.

Figured it's time to start hitting the gym, now I've shed some of the bulk that made moving difficult.
>>
>>37904806
Pls respond
>>
>>37904844
see >>37904759
>>
My breathing fucking sucks. After every set I almost feel like throwing up. I used to chainsmoke heavily a few years ago but have quit ever since, I think maybe the effects are permanent. Any good breathing exercises?
>>
>>37904835
I definitely fall into that latter category. Appreciate the advice.
>>
>>37904844
I'm beginning think you haven't read the sticky.
>>
>>37904844
Follow a novice program like in the sticky.greyskull is my recommendation.
The full text can be found here
>>37904755
>https://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf

Btw that first post has the wrong link.

Meant to link this:
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Not that pubmed article about ethanol and test bioavailability
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.