[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you bench press if you can't get a spotter? If you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 360_1.jpg (421 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
360_1.jpg
421 KB, 850x567
Do you bench press if you can't get a spotter?

If you can't what do you do instead? DB bench press?
>>
I'm so sick of this meme, just bench and if you can't get it up then move it down to your hips and sit up
>>
I'd rather die than fail a set anyways.
>>
1.don't use clips
2. If you fail dump the weight
>>
I bench alone at home in my power cage.
>>
>>37893318
you just dont use clips, what's the big deal?
>>
>>37893347
>>37893345
Benches are spaced right next to each other at the gym I'll end up dumping it onto my neighboring guy in the middle of his set
>>
>doesn't know what safety rails are
You deserve to die.
>>
>>37893367
Lol you're one sick fuck.
>>
>>37893345

Clips are mandatory at my gym, stupid nigger owners care more about their floors than their patrons. Anyway op I usually have a good idea whether or not I have the next rep. Just don't risk if the rep before was super grindy.
>>
>>37893357
His problem not yours, you fucking manlet.
>>
>>37893318
Just do a lighter weight and do more reps
I haven't had a spotter in months I went from a little less than 1pl8 to 2pl8 for 8-10 reps
You obviously cat push yourself as hard so you will progress slower
>>
>>37893318
1) Bench in the power rack setting the safety bars just below your chest when you arch.
2) Work with 70-80% of your 1RM or whatever weight is comfortable for you to unrack yourself.
>>
File: 1464657689860.jpg (5 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1464657689860.jpg
5 KB, 240x240
I DO NOT FEAR DEATH DEATH SHOULD FEAR ME
>>
>>37893318
I do the roll of shame since i dobt have access to a power rack.
Hit 205×3 today. Felt like asking for a spot but didnt.
>>
>>37893318
>>37893367
And the faggot even used a pic with safeties on the cage
>>
>>37893452
Benches are not in cages and can not be moved sadly, its not my gym
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.