[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is chiropractic a meme? I have intense back pain. Any experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 1678x1119) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1678x1119
Is chiropractic a meme? I have intense back pain. Any experience? Does it help?
>>
I believe it can help certain problems and has more upside than downside, often times I have a headache and cracking my neck will reduce the pain by a ton
>>
It can help some problems. My cousin has it on his insurance so they can go to one for free. Heard it helps and sometimes he goes for a massage. Try it and see if it helps
>>
The one thing they're actually good for is back pain issues. It's when they start claiming they can cure everything from cancer to indigestion is when it crosses over into pure quackery.
>>
>>37881139
It is basically unregulated in most of the US. So chiros can run the gauntlet from actual MDs that use proper evidence based medicine and the latest tools to treat you, to freaks that will tell you that AIDS is caused by a misalignment of the ankle bones and beat you with a dirty construction maul.

Look your MD for recommendations, look for reviews, and if your state has one, check with the chiro board for rankings and complaints. Or just get lucky and be told of a good one by a friend.
>>
>>37881191
Yea I'm going to ask the physical therapist at my uni for a recommendation
>>
>>37881139
It works at making your injury getting worse for profit.

Go see an actual professional (physio/physical therapist) instead of a quack.

t. Anon who has his spondylolithesis increased a grade by chiro "treatment".
>>
>>37881139
Find a good chiropractor. It is a bit of a meme in that they're known for cracking necks and backs violently but the one I go to doesn't do any of that bullshit, there are different methods that are used.
>>
>>37881139
I'm not a doctor so take this with a grain of salt and be cautious if you try this

supposedly if you go on a inversion table, or hang upside down from a pullup bar, while relaxing your spine for a bit each day after a few weeks it can cure some back injurys including moderately herniated discs. It decompresses the spine and lets nutrients flow to the pinched discs and heal them

they sell these ankle things that make it so you can hang upside down from a pullup bar
>>
My chiropractor is pretty good. We were doing something called muscle testing and apparently I've had a entity attached to me since I was 1. I was pretty surprised when he asked me if I had any dark thoughts, because I do.
>>
I had my firstneck and back adjustment ever last week and I'm still amazed at how it pretty much cured my back tightness
>>
>>37881817
fucking hell

you're not a very smart person

>>37881139
see a physio
>>
Myotherapy shits over chiropractors. Actually fixes the issue as well
>>
When to an osteopathist, cracked my joints well and did the neck crick thing. Mixture of massage/joint work.

Thought it was all smoke and mirrors until I walked outside and felt significantly less tense.

Shit works and even if its largely placebo the placebo is a good one.
>>
>>37881817
Oh you.
>>
>>37882356
>Myotherapy

In 2015 the Australian Government's Department of Health published the results of a review of alternative therapies that sought to determine if any were suitable for being covered by health insurance; "Massage therapy or myotherapy" was one of 17 therapies evaluated for which no clear evidence of effectiveness was found.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/0E9129B3574FCA53CA257BF0001ACD11/$File/Natural%20Therapies%20Overview%20Report%20Final%20with%20copyright%2011%20March.pdf
>>
>>37881139
>>37881191
>>37881255
Dunno about in 'murrica but in Europe chiropractic treatment is considered to be an evidence based complimentary medicine just like physiotherapy or osteopathy
>>
>>37881139
>back shaman
Go see a physio, fixed my back problems in a few sessions.
>>
>>37881255
>>37882662
ITT: idiots that are too young to remember than physiotherapy was considered to be pseudo-scientific quakery only a couple of decades ago
>>
>>37882677
Times change, you faggot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.