[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sport should I play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 655x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 655x424
I'm 23 and in the US. I spent a little over 10 years of my life swimming. I got tired of having a shit ottermode physique, so I started bodybuilding. Then i tried swimming again and my gains just made me slow as fuck. So I stopped swimming, continued to lift, and took up rugby for a year in college. It was fun but I was absolute shit at it, so I quit. I then tried boxing. Gains slow you down. Nope. Now I'm currently doing BJJ for about 3 months, I'm learning technique and using to use my strength efficiently... But i've found it to be boring to be honest.

Should I stick with BJJ? Just say Fuc sports and just bodybuild? Maybe do crossshit? What does /fit/ recommend? Something where being strong will actually help my performance would be cool.

Thanks
>>
>>37876703
Sounds like you're better off if you continue weightlifting primarily, do a martial art on the side and go swimming whenever you desire.

I'd aim to be a jack of trades.
>>
>>37876703
>basketball
great for shaving weight while having fun doing it
>>
Go climb. Learn for a few months in a gym and then find a way to learn outdoors. Nothing beats spending 3-4 hours swinging leads and climbing a 300m+ wall. Everything has to be strong to do it ;)
>>
>>37876815
I'm only 6'1 m8
>>
File: Q22DBXB.jpg (28 KB, 549x735) Image search: [Google]
Q22DBXB.jpg
28 KB, 549x735
>>37876815
>>37876703
This.

Basketball is the goat sport
> lots of running, basically HIIT
> contact sport, but concussions are very rare (looking at you rugby and football)
> can play indoor AND outdoor
> not expensive (looking at you rowing and golf)
> exciting (looking at you baseball and soccer)
>>
>>37878752
Oh forgot that I would put swimming at second. Basketball still trumps it in how you can compete against people and how easy it is to just play a casual pick-up game and hang out with people.
>>
What do you wanna do sports for? Do you wanna be competitive or is it just to aid your fitness and health?

If you just want it for aid then do anything, probably not bjj because of the likelihood of injuries.
You won't be competing because it's not a passionate thing for you, so it's probably for defense? There's better systems out there for real fights.

For aid:
>continue swimming
>rowing
>cycling (track)

To be competitive you will need to be fussy as you will be starting late.

>any of the above
>long distance sprint/hurdles (200/400m)
>throws
>mm you actually enjoy
>weightlifting
>powerlifting
>strongman

Team sports are typically very cardio based unless you play american football but outside of the US the teams and training is effectively a derivitive joke.
>>
>>37878848
Forgot to say you could also dance, I know it sounds faggot tier but the pussy is on tap and dance schools are always looking for strong guys (gf keeps trying to get me to go to ballet)
>>
>>37877345
Climbing is literally the only hipster sport out there
>>
>>37878876
'Ultimate'
>>
>>37878752
The only downside is you have to play with people of African descent
>>
>>37878848
OP here. I'm not sure if I want to compete or not. I did swimming for 10 years but I sucked shit at it all through high school. I've had a chip on my shoulder for wanting to be an "athlete" ever since- that's part of the reason why I religiously do heavy compounds and sift through the shitposts on /fit/ and other lifting related websites. The idea of just running and lifting for general fitness doesn't really appeal to me from a fulfillment standpoint. I want to lift and run for something. I want fill in the void of being good at something athletic, and I'm trying to find something that will be somewhat fun and feed that hunger.
>>
>>37876703
You're still in the shit eating phase. Stick with it, it's heaps more fun when you're not fucking terrible.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.