[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can bench press 2pl8 >very little visible muscle, body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: cryi.jpg (9 KB, 233x271) Image search: [Google]
cryi.jpg
9 KB, 233x271
>can bench press 2pl8
>very little visible muscle, body looks like complete shit
>some guy who benches 50lbs for reps and curls 10lbs has chiseled athletic body, magnificent pecs and arms
>he is also taller than most guys at the gym

Can it be that only some men are genetically capable of making it?
I see a few guys who have it all genetically set up for them to make great and aesthetic gains while a majority of meatheads who squat and bench massive weight but still look like shit with very little muscle shown
>>
you literally need right genetics to live a good life
the sooner you accept it the better for you
>>
>>37875231
You're fat buddy
>>
>>37875231

Jason Blaha?
>>
Giant compound lifts make you strong but don't really improve your aesthetics unless you cut a lot.

If you want to be a hottie you need to do isolations like curls.
>>
>bench 2 plate
>hit db bench/flyes/dips at high reps focusing on hypertrophy
>be stronger and look better than the dyel who cant even bench 2plate

I think a lot of casual gymrats fall for the strength meme and go too far into trying to become pseudo-powerlifters and forget that lifting with a bodybuilding focus has merit to it.
>>
>>37875231
5 reps is strength gains
~8-12 reps is hypertrophy

if ur benching 3x5 2pl8, try progressing to 3x8 and then start adding weight again
>>
>>37875989
Make sure to stay away from 6-7 reps otherwise it's literally worthless and the set doesnt count
>>
>>37875231
Today was a weird day at the gym...

A dyel " powerlifter" benching 2pl8 while having no chest.

I have a big chest and i can barely 1 pl8, i dont train it that much because i dont want it to look gross, only 3x5 once a week...
>>
>>37876498
That's what happens when you go for maxes and low reps but no high reps. Source my friend, looks like a complete dyel but he's squatting 280 as well. It's funny as hell because everyone is bigger than him but weaker
>>
>>37876530
I allways trained my lower body mostly at 1x5 and my ass and legs exploded and gave me some stretch marks...

Bodies and genetics are strange man..
>>
>>37876552
fucking chad with your chad genetics
>>
>>37875231
Do higher rep work with dumbells.
When i used to barely bench 185 i had a really good chest just because of that. Now my bench went to 205×3 but my chest hasnt grown much. Just gotta prioritize.
>>
>>37875231
No its because you don't understand that strength does not equal aesthetics.
>>
File: beingchad.jpg (59 KB, 412x609) Image search: [Google]
beingchad.jpg
59 KB, 412x609
>>37875231
Once a month on my rest day (particularly around New year season or spring when the noobies flock to the gym) I like to fuck with people. I do a full body workout with low af weight just to see the look of jealousy on peoples faces when they see a big guy doing low weight low rep.
>>
>>37876595
Shouldn't strength also accompany size? If OP does isolation work he'd look bretty good.
>>
I think its possible most of you guys are delusional or just impatient.

I've been lifting for two years on and off doing almost entirely 531 with bench, ohp, pullups and rows, granting me a body that attracts remarks regularly. I do no more than 3 exercises a day, 4 days per week.

You probably either have too high a bodyfat, don't really lift all that much or look fine and are self conscious.

It is also common that a person barely one repping 225 lbs would not look that big. For perspective I'm 5'11 185 and 1 rep 275.
>>
>>37876599
D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
>>37875231
the fuck are you eating
>>
File: theabsolutemadman.jpg (37 KB, 554x513) Image search: [Google]
theabsolutemadman.jpg
37 KB, 554x513
>>37876599
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.