[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting for Sports General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 837x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 837x600
I've recently learned how to skate and handle the puck in the hopes of playing hockey this fall. I've also just finished SS with Squat 305, Dead 345, OHP 140 Bench 245.

What should I be doing now in terms of lifting to train?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 194x259
>>37875017
Best player in the NHL right now
>>
File: Photo on 2016-07-10 at 3.35 PM.jpg (177 KB, 758x708) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2016-07-10 at 3.35 PM.jpg
177 KB, 758x708
>>37875017
do concentration curls in your skates

make sure you have plenty of biosteel and don't pack pouches like a fuckin sally
>>
>>37875480
Fuck you I'd never pack pouches
>>
>>37875480
>That wife beater
How's Canada's biggest highschool?
>>
>>37875480
>laurier
>literally paying money to party
>>
>>37875649
>can't tell the difference between a wife beater and a tank
Clearly more prestigious than wherever you're goin bud
>>
>>37875017
>I've recently learned how to skate and handle the puck in the hopes of playing hockey this fall
Assuming you're not 13 trying out for the high school JV team, are you really trying to get on a college hockey team with no experience?

You better go to some fucking clinics, bro - lifting isn't going to help. Hockey isn't a sport that you can just pick up and be competitive in. Physicality is 3rd behind understanding the game and natural talent.
>>
>>37876383
I'm already going into my senior year of college hoping to play for a beer league team
>>
>>37875017
leg and lower body strength mostly. work on stability first and foremost (core strength, knee and leg strength), and explosiveness
>>
File: simeon-panda-ex-rugby-player.jpg (125 KB, 714x490) Image search: [Google]
simeon-panda-ex-rugby-player.jpg
125 KB, 714x490
>>37875017
Friendly reminder that Simeon Panda started out training for rugby and Steve Cook started out training for American football.
>>
>>37875056
Yea no. As much as I dislike Sidney Crosby he probably is the best player in NHL atm.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.