[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always thought Crossfit was just some fad bullshit where p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
I always thought Crossfit was just some fad bullshit where people do kipping pull ups and back snapping activities but I watched a documentary called ''Fittest On Earth'' under the illusion it would be about just really fit people and discovered it was about the Crossfit games.

Now apart from some kipping pull ups it was actually pretty good.. See the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkRYJp6vVJk

Have I been wrong to hate Crossfit all these years? What's actually bad about it? Because those competitions were awesome and varied to really trial athletes
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>37871717
You guys are just jaded then?
>>
>>37871697
Who do you respect more, the jack of all trades or the master of one? That's why crossfit gets ragged on. Add to that the fact that most Crossfit trainers have no credentials, the high rate of injury, and the fact that (in terms of weight or time) crossfitters set no records (1RM max, 100m sprint etc). Then there's the general elitist attitude that crossfitters take....makes it hard not to talk shit. Btw if you think any of those people are natty you're fucking delusional
>>
>>37871697
Nice shameless movie promotion. You expect anyone to believe that you paid to watch a movie without knowing what it was about? Get fucked crossfag.
>>
>>37871697
Do you have a link? I forgot my gfs netflix password so I can't rewatch it ;_;
>>
There's nothing wrong with crossfit as a competition.

It's just absurd, unnecessary, and inefficient as a training routine.

Doing 50 kipups and jumping up and down until you throw up is not an efficient way to reach your goals, but that's what the crossfit meme pedals to its out-of-shape consumers
>>
>>37872029
>Crossfit trainers have no credentials

Agreed, most don't so we have to pick boxes carefully

> high rate of injury

Disproved by studies, the rate is 20%/3.1 per 1000 hrs which is comparable to PL, WL or Gymnastics, and it goes as low as 17% when monitored by an actual coach. Also showed that beginners have lower risks if they go through the 3 month basics/foundation learning phase

>crossfitters set no records

They max out on olympic lifts and PL lifts every end of mesocycle, thy follow lifting cycles just like everyone else
Also there have been many events testing max strength, like the C&J Ladder, Snatch Ladder, DL Ladder, OHS max Event
There's also sprint eventslike the zigzag sprint event

>elitist attitude
That I agree as well, but it also has something to do with the people talking shit as well, hard not to talk back

And no, I'm not someone who's been brainwashed, I'm just a guy who started up with general strength training, then went on to WL which I didn't enjoy, and kept on looking for something I like and I could do well at until I found CF.

Different strokes for different folks.
>>
Crossfit should be illegal. It's literally a scam that trades money for injuries.
>>
>>37872070
I saw it on Netflix, I would of turned it off straight away if I wasn't already warm in bed when it was revealed it was Crossfit. I showed you guys the trailer so you can see the variation of training they do.

>>37872029
Good points. I do appreciate the jack of all trades when it comes to a competition sport though.

>>37872163
Thanks for the info, this is what I suspected.
>>
>>37871697
Well guys i thought the nazis were really bad then i watched triumph of the will and the nazis are actually great, heil hitler
>>
File: crossfit.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>37872163

This.
>>
Why does crossfit lead to rhabdo so often?
>>
>>37875326
>often
that's pretty relative term. What's often? 1 in every thousand? 1 in every hundred?
>>37871697
on a basic level it's just tomfoolery with high risks of injury. Also elitism and obnoxiousness of crosfitters is annoying. Vid related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg
Funny (or scary how much is google good with big data) thing is I found it through google, as I didn't remember the link, by typing "crossfitter gets a guy fired".
>>
>>37871697
crossfit is fucking stupid, it's circuit training with a new name and special rules
>>
>>37871697
Did you not notice all of the sloppy ass form they use to achieve the speed or rep max for a given competition. Every time I catch a bit of a comp on ESPN that's the only thing I see. I can't unsee it.
>>
>>37872173
>pick boxes carefully

Gyms. GYMS. They're gyms, not fucking boxes. Fuck off with your stupid fucking lingo.
>>
>>37871697
The people who compete in the crossfit games and the people in that video don't do any of the crossfit workouts. They do Olympic weightlifting and cardio, keeping the two workouts separate.

Also they are all juiced to the gills
>>
File: 1466688748637.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466688748637.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>37872173
Either read the sticky or fuck off back to plebbit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.