[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these good for lifting at home? I want to get these plaets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 475x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 475x310
Are these good for lifting at home? I want to get these plaets and a squat rack for my garage
>>
Nah those won't work, you need Eleiko plates
You won't even get stronger if you lift those plates
>>
If they are 45lb and you have a decent bar, then yeah. They should be fine. I prefer full metal though.
>>
File: trigrip.jpg (168 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
trigrip.jpg
168 KB, 1800x1800
>>37871017
I prefer trigrip plates.They effectively double as a set of kettlebells. Maximum utility
>>
costs 3 times as much as cast iron plates. nice to fail with though but it's noisy as fuck.
>>
>>37871017
They are lighter than Eleiko plates
>>
>>37871017
just get a set of 45lb bumpers and the rest iron plates. bumpers are a little bigger so the iron plates don't hit the ground. it also makes loading and unloading deadlifts easier.
>>
>>37872976

The 45 bumpers will fail faster at the rings due to absorbing most of the shock, and you're technically cheating the deadlifts

But then again most people aren't competing or doing enough volume solo to wear through gear so actually that advice does make sense
>>
>>37871804
>doing kettle bell exercises

Opinion completely discarded.

Get the bumpers, OP.
>>
>>37871017
I have the York version of those plates. They're plates so they'll get the job done.
>>
>>37873028
yeah i just wouldn't throw them around. a controlled drop as you should be doing anyway is perfectly fine. even if they did wear out, it's not too expensive to replace a pair of bumpers.
>>
>>37873028
you can put a small platform below your feet so the height is right (20.5cm)
>>
Be careful. With a standard bar you can only fit the equivalent of 4 plates, which may be a limiting factor for lifts such as bench, deads and squat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.