[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which sport will help me the most in a street fight? I got knocked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (560 KB, 1024x651) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
560 KB, 1024x651
Which sport will help me the most in a street fight?

I got knocked out the other day by some faggot who thought I was staring at him. Made me realize gains mean nothing, the dude was a 5'8 skinnyfat manlet.
>>
Competitive target shooting
>>
>>37870898
MMA
>>
>>37870921
MMA isnt a sport you FUCKHEAD

>>37870898
boxing.. teaches you how to strike and basics of understanding/controlling distance between you and the other guy.
fuckoff mma fags who wanna go to the floor in a scrap. enjoy getting kicked in the head
>>
>>37870937

It's a combat sport.

"sport
spɔːt/Submit
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."
>>
>>37870937
This.
MMA is better 1v1 but that's never the case these days. Some cunt will boot you in the head.
Boxing is for men. Get in there punch the fuck out of a few cunts and walk away.
>>
Krav Maga if you want to be effective against a single attacker, multiple opponents or cunts bringing weapons to the party. Boxing is great but if they pull a knife you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>37870992
If they pull a knife you better hope your on some Jackie Chan level because you are going to get fucked up whether you do Krav Maga or not.
>>
>>37870999
not everyone who pulls a knife knows how to use it.....you don't need to devot your life to it to be able to defend yourself against a bladed weapon my man.
>>
>>37871008
honestly i think i'll just run
>>
>>37871014
That's the best defence man. Sometimes it's not an option.
>>
>>37870898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
>>
>>37870898
You don't, you run
>>
BJJ and MMA with an emphasis on Muay Thai and you'll be breaking manlets in half standing up or on the ground.
>>
File: best self defense.jpg (329 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
best self defense.jpg
329 KB, 1200x800
>>
>>37870898
Beta
>>
>>37871740
>BJJ

only if you want to roll on fucking cement, broken glass, or get your face kicked in

Judo is the better alternative BJJ is too situational and most fights rarely even end up in the ground unless both fighter don't know how to fight
>>
File: 4L_TCDbaLJT.jpg (296 KB, 600x699) Image search: [Google]
4L_TCDbaLJT.jpg
296 KB, 600x699
Situational awareness and carrying a gun
>>
>>37871798
seconded, BJJ you need to work on for years in order to make it effective, since if you are not used to getting taken down when you fall in cement you'll lose your wind and get your teeth kicked in. But even if you're a black belt if there's more than one guy you're dead.

>>37870898
Boxing is sufficient, you learn to control distance and punch and counter but if the guy you're fighting is a wrestlefag you can't defend.
MMA is best (as far as sports go) because it's non stop action (in boxing if you fall or hug you get to take a few breaths and regroup, in mma if you think about relaxing you're gonna eat shit) but to be honest you should do self-defence seminars whenever available since mma doesn't teach small joint manipulation and locks, dirty strikes, defence against weapons (never, ever, stay and fight a guy with a knife unless you can't run away for some reason, guns are actually easier to defen against in close quarters combat) and how to use the guy's shirt against him and shit like that. MMA is the more well-rounded combat sport, but it's still a sport and self defence isn't.
That being said I did krav maga before mma and honestly you learn your body and how to control other peoples' better with mma.
>>
>>37870898
>heavy squats
>boxing
>olympic lifts
>greco-roman wrestling
>>
>>37870937
>someone who has never gotten thrown onto concrete

the fight is over bud

just pray they dont suplex you and snap your little neck
>>
File: img_1994.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
img_1994.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>37870898
I always get my ass kicked by the little guys but I can outlast the bigger guys. Mainly bar fights, the the bigger guys often have no cardio.

I was bigger as a kid so I won my first few playground fights. Then in my 20s when everyone was my size I had learned to be afraid of hurting people so I lost a few fights. My last fight was in 2008 outside a bar in Carbondale CO. I decided going in I would fight to the death.

That mother fucker still hasn't gotten up.
>>
File: 1428367112877.jpg (118 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1428367112877.jpg
118 KB, 479x720
>>37872969
>>
File: 1467603339779.jpg (4 KB, 177x168) Image search: [Google]
1467603339779.jpg
4 KB, 177x168
>living in a place where street fights happen
Jeez
>>
>>37872969
>two drunkards exchange words at a bar in a hick town
>fight ensues
>instead of scrapping and leaving at that, pound some dude into the pavement until he is in a coma
>brag on 4chinz

I hope your next fight goes the same way for you. The common ground in your multiple street fights has been you, so you probably go looking for them. Maybe try to chill and not get in so many fights and be a decent human being, faggot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.