[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Body Weight Workouts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Commando-Bodyweight-Workout.png (92 KB, 650x836) Image search: [Google]
Commando-Bodyweight-Workout.png
92 KB, 650x836
Hey fit,
I live in a small apartment and i have a phobia about crowded places so i don't want to go to a gym and i cant afford weights. are body weight routines an effective long term strategy for losing weight and gaining muscle? can you really "get ripped" on burpees and pushups and stuff?
sorry if this is a bad question
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>37861101
you need iron weights for mass but you can build some filthy strength with just calisthenics.

Look up convict conditioning.
>>
OP here,
it seems like convict conditioning is a book...that i'd have to buy...with no money...

so these little infographics i see all over with the commando or 300 or batman workout or whatever, are they useless?

basically i just want to trim my fat down, im at like 25% or something horrible like that, id like to get to 15 or even 12, im just wondering if that's possible by following these free online routines.
seriously folks i cant even get a pull-up bar installed because my landlord is a bitch
>>
>>37861101
>commando

my fucking sides.

>no punches from the hips

if anybody does this, they should just rather give up.
>>
if you wanna achieve something in life then you'll have to overcome anxieties
go to a gym, bro or if you really can't then make equipment out of jugs of water
>>
>>37861250

calory in calory out

all round body work out.

bodyweight training still needs to focus on all aspects of your body.
>>
>>37861250
There are pull up bars you can just put into your doorframe without damaging the walls
>>
>>37861250

read the sticky

google or youtube callisthenics workout

You won't get big unless you keep at it for like 5 years or so.
>>
>commando
>doesn't have 200 flutter kicks, 400 jumping jacks, 300 pushups and 100 pullups with a 2 mile run to top it off

Some commando you are

Besides military smoking pt isn't supposed to work you out, it's supposed to make you hate life

Try this one i did in the naval academy:
-200 kangaroos(squat and jump up and down without fully extending your legs)
-duck walk 100 m
-100 jumping lunges
-200 jumping jacks

bye bye legs
>>
File: Insanity.jpg (33 KB, 650x333) Image search: [Google]
Insanity.jpg
33 KB, 650x333
Most on here hate it but I recommend Insanity. I have a small apartment too and I just move my chair over and have enough room for the whole program.

It is fucking tough and will get you in shape. Torrent it and try it out man.
>>
>>37861716
jesus christ duck walk is fucking torture

i did that shit with full combat load and rifle for 10 metres and felt like i was going to die
>>
>>37861716
>Someone buys Irish spring soap and brings it into barracks in BCT
>Can only use unscented soap
>Entire fucking squad gets roasted for it
>pushup position and told to get back
>UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN
>Get so tired can't even get up fast enough before having to get back down
>>
File: 1467017123306.jpg (3 MB, 3773x4000) Image search: [Google]
1467017123306.jpg
3 MB, 3773x4000
>>37861101
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmv9Pb5NafI
>>
>>37861101
Most bodyweight books are based of off convict conditiong. >>37861250

If you want to try something similar, I know the guy irl who wrote: Strength from within. pic related, which is based off of convict conditioning and ancient roman gymnastics.

He's got some good stories and shit in it, and a lot makes sense. BUT you have to do what works for you, gym will be better for some mass, but not all.
>>
>>37861250
I highly recommend convict conditioning 1 and 2. Cmon man, it isnt too hard to find the pdf's floating round the internet
>>
File: 1466554053299.jpg (720 KB, 3060x1628) Image search: [Google]
1466554053299.jpg
720 KB, 3060x1628
The big 6 from convict conditioning, minus the 300 pages of insight
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.