[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a genuine question guys. Why does everyone do seperate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Goal Body.png (2 MB, 863x805) Image search: [Google]
Goal Body.png
2 MB, 863x805
I have a genuine question guys. Why does everyone do seperate their muscle group exercises?

What I mean is instead of a P/P/L, or a back day, chest day, etc day split, would it not be more productive to just aim to hit each muscle 2x per week? Or is there a reason these workouts are designed this way?
>>
Read the sticky.
>>
>>37854064
>hit each muscle 2x a week

Biggest meme ever
>>
>>37854064
>just aim to hit each muscle 2x per week?
They do you retard
>>
>>37854105
i hit my muscles 4 times a week and i still get gains after 2 years. you just have to eat fucking shittons of proteins and sleep 11 hours every day.
>>
>>37854106
Is there anything inherently wrong with doing, for example a push exercise and pull exercise on the same day? or chest, back and legs on the same day?
>>
>>37854122
It tires you out more and will result in poorer quality in your lifts as you go on
>>
>>37854172

i disagree. i think if that keeps things exciting then do it.
>>
>>37854122
No, its really the proper way of doing things unless youre a drugaroo who needs 5 different exercises for a muscle group to be truly depleted.

The "you'll be too tired" thing is bullshit or improperly designed training. If it really becomes a problem, just move the exercise you were too tired to do to the front of the workout.
>>
If youre doing 5 different exercises for each muscle group wouldn't that tire you out more? Also I feel like it wastes alot of time. If you can max out a muscles tiredness in 5x5-7 and hit each group 2+ per week, isn't that the way to make the most gains?

Mind you I am starting to get palpitations at rest doing this.
>>
QUESTIONS THAT DONT DESERVE THEIR OWN REPLIES
>>
>>37854381
Lgbt
>>
>>37854118
This. You guys are young your growth hormones production is high. I'm 32 now and it gets harder to go as hard and often as I use to. Up till I was 26 gains came easy, I could workout out as often as I wanted. Now if I squat heavy I'm looking at 4 days until I can go ass to grass under max weight again. Also tendon damage is now a thing. If you're in your teens to early twenties go hard and go often
>>
>>37854511
Ive been lifting since 17 im 18 now, if i keep lifting by the time in 36 i doubt ill add much mass after that but will i be able to maintain easily?
>>
I've been doing that for a couple years now, a full body workout three times a week (yes, including deads and squats 3 times a week) and it's by far been the most effective program I've ever done

You have to remember though, everybody is different. This works for me, maybe not for everyone else
>>
>>37854602
You'll grow in size up til your bones stop growing at age 27. That's when you naturally "fill out". Your muscle mass will matter alot on your discipline (regular workouts)as well as your hormone levels which decline late 20s (or really when men start to bald- if you're prone to it). Personally life got in the way after 22 when I started working full time. In college I could workout out daily right in the middle of the day when your strength is at its peak. Gains are made so damn fast in the first two years. After that I don't know how you'll fare but for example I'm 5"9 and I went from 74kg average looking guy with no fat to 86kg all muscle very aesthetic in 2.5 years. But continuing to make gains after that was too difficult and im still natty. But hey best of luck and just stick at it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.