[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Keto effective or is just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: oils.jpg (472 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
oils.jpg
472 KB, 1698x1131
Is Keto effective or is just a meme?
>>
>>37853710
Are you stupid? Does the fact that it has a fancy name confuse you?
>>
Keto is very effective at shredding fat.

The issue, once you return to a normal diet you will revert back to bad eating habits and balloon back up if you don't educate yourself about nutrition. I'm speaking from experience.
>>
no it's great and super healthy :)
>>
>>37853735
don't respond if you're just going to be a smug nigger
>>
EFFECTIVE FOR WHAT
>>
In week 2 my lifts started going down, had low energy. I increased fats but by the end of week two my lifts still went down so I gave up. I realise it's suppose to be a hurdle you over come but I couldn't handle losing gains so just cut instead
>>
>>37853710
>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.abstract

>Conclusion: The isocaloric KD was not accompanied by increased body fat loss but was associated with relatively small increases in EE that were near the limits of detection with the use of state-of-the-art technology.
>>
>>37853766
FOR LOSING THE FATS SO I CAN BECOME CHAD
>>
>>37853775
what's EE?
>>
>>37853780
Oh, yes it is.
>>
>>37853795
energy expenditure
>>
People are too heavy because they eat too many calories, and for NO OTHER REASON.
>>
it's a meme
nobody who looks does keto. fact. there are reasons for that. looking good AKA having muscles requires eating carbs
only DYELs (fatties / skinnyfats) do keto and claim they made some progress because of keto and not because of eating the right fucking number of calories
>>
>>37853977
That explains why one person got fat, not why 2/3 of the population got fat. You think people who have the self control to go to shitty jobs every day somewho don't have self control when it comes to food?
>>
It's effective but your muscles will look flat and its really hard to get a pump.
>>
File: my face.jpg (18 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
my face.jpg
18 KB, 256x256
>>37854187
People work because that's what they've been told to do, they become fat for the same reason.

Eat that burger goy.
>>
>>37854421
They've also been told to stay thin, dumbass.
>>
>>37853775
>less fat loss
>increased energy expenditure from catabolism of lean mass
lmfao
>>
>>37854421
Work used to mean going out to hunt animals and forage. Crafting armor and tending to crops.

It was the undisciplined aristocrats who became obese.
>>
File: US calorie consumption.jpg (56 KB, 681x539) Image search: [Google]
US calorie consumption.jpg
56 KB, 681x539
>>37854187
>>
>>37854448
The jews want you to be anorexic/bulimic/et. all or obese.

They don't want healthy subjects.
>>
>>37854665
peasant fatties incoming
>>
>>37854421
>told to do
The ignorance and bait in this post forced me to respond
8/10
>>
A great number of the world's top athletes and pro bodybuilders go on keto regularly to meet weight restrictions or to cut for comps.

Some 4chan memelords consisting of 18yo skinny kids and mid 20s social rejects who have totals under 1000lb claim it's a meme.

No idea who is right.
>>
>>37854685
no, dumbass, why the increase in everyone all at once?
>>
>>37855612
>no

>>People are too heavy because they eat too many calories
>That explains why one person got fat, not why 2/3 of the population got fat.

You're the only dumbass here.
>>
File: tmp_8019-1465733009636109170203.jpg (133 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8019-1465733009636109170203.jpg
133 KB, 720x960
>>37853710
From my experience, it works because it helped me suppressed my appetite. It could also be the fact that I was doped up on caffeine and nicotine around the clock. Whenever I get hungry, I smoke and drink water until I felt sick.

I will warn you though
>liquid, green poop that will manifest itself in a shart when you've entered ketosis for 2 days or so (don't trust your farts if you're doing keto)
>stalling in all lifts
>cardio is breeze
>can't eat out with friends

I will stress this again
>you will probably shart your pants
>simplistic diet every day
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.