[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAE seriously give a serious shot to resistance tubes? The one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: danbands3.jpg (66 KB, 343x650) Image search: [Google]
danbands3.jpg
66 KB, 343x650
DAE seriously give a serious shot to resistance tubes? The one set I have adds up to 328 lbs of resistance, which challenges very strong individuals. You can do a pretty wide range of exercises, including squats, deadlifts, OHP and presses/bench press if you have a bench. It comes with door anchors, ankle straps and handles that gives you a lot of option. Personally I never did a weighted donkey kick before, and seems to be a godlike glutes exercise.

I've bought them because I travel a lot (3 times in a week for a couple of days each trip) . After using them for less than a week, I can't tell bad things about them. The progressive overload is absolutely doable if you have a lot of bands. The resistance increases stretching the band, but that means that towards the end of the ROM the exercises becomes harder. I don't know if it's a deal breaker.

I'm going to run a PPL with these things, will report for gains. But does somebody here have experience with them?
>>
what's a good one to buy?
>>
It's true, if I had to travel a lot to places that weren't in range of a big chain gym that'd always have freeweights, I'd absolutely invest in a pack of resistance bands.

But for any situation where I could conceivably access free weights I'd drop them immediately. They're not terrible, but their non-linearity (and often the requirement of resistance from unusual angles) means they're also far from ideal.
>>
>diddlying tree fiddy lbs on tubes
>snaps
>lose eye

go ahead
>>
>>37843000
I got myself a bodylastics MMA set, but there are a couple of very good / better choices located in US. I'm from europe so it wasn't an option. Lifeline is the only brand I can remember atm. You want them with some kind of safety measure for preventing snapping (multilayered latex coat, inner cord) and stackable, for progressive overload.
>>
>>37843076
Kek
This sooo much I would be so afraid of some retarded shit like that happening to me.
>>
File: 1444726193785.jpg (23 KB, 497x512) Image search: [Google]
1444726193785.jpg
23 KB, 497x512
>>37843076
>>37843139

You kinda sound like the guys who says they don't want to squat and deadlift because it's dangerous. When you actually do it, you realize it's not dangerous at all. Of course you have to buy quality bands.
>>
>>37843393

no I just trust weights and not some rubber bands, oly barbell isnt going to snap in half and rocket upwards toward your face
>>
>>37842834
I honestly don't know if they work.

I just know /fit/ preaches there's no alternative to free weights
>>
File: blog-weight-and-bands.jpg (28 KB, 524x285) Image search: [Google]
blog-weight-and-bands.jpg
28 KB, 524x285
>>37843440
I'm pretty sure free weights are the most optimal choice there is. I'm just trying to understand if these things can still be used for strength (I don't believe so, since they don't seem to work well for low reps ranges) or hypertrophy (this instead could work well, even better in a couple exercises where the load is uneven, like lateral raises).
>>
i've started doing band pull aparts every day
feelsgoodman
>>
>>37843076
kek
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.