[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Synovial/Ganglion Cyst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cyst.gif (19 KB, 389x189) Image search: [Google]
cyst.gif
19 KB, 389x189
So, a few weeks ago one of these appeared on the base of my right ring finger. Most of the time it doesn't hurt, but sometimes when gripping the bar for a pull movement, the pressure on it is uncomfortable, or causes some pain.

Did a little research on it, sometimes it will disappear by itself, so I plan to wait a bit. If it really starts to hurt, or grow, I'm going to a doctor.

Anyone have any experience with these? It seems most of the time they appear on the wrist, which seems to be even worse. Also, lifting gloves could help in my case? I guess I'll try using.

Pic related, my cyst is just like the one on finger, on the palm side of the hand.
>>
Had a dorsal wrist ganglion cyst on my left wrist from age 15 to 23. The fucker caused me pain and limited my range of motion. One day I finally worked up the nerve to have someone bust it with a heavy book.

It was the most glorious feeling after it ruptured and drained having a full range of motion and no pain after almost 10 years. That was a couple years ago and it hasnt returned.

>TLDR: if it becomes a problem, smash that fucker.
>>
These things are very dangerous. I was lucky not to lose my hand and get the surgery done. The worst case scenario is it detaches from where it's at and travels up your bloodstream and causes heart problems. I suggest you go to a doctor asap because you can potentially die.
>>
>>37836723
I had one on my wrist a few years ago. Went to a doctor and they drained the fluid with a syringe. Then it started to come back and I kept whacking it on stuff and it went away.

Obviously, be safe if you are going to whack it into stuff.
>>
>>37838662

That's such a rare occurrence you're more likely to die in a traffic accident.

I've had at least 4 distinct ones, two of them coming back for encores at least once.

You can get them to drive a needle into them and drain them. Statistically they come back about 1/5 of the time. I've had one on my knee scraped down to the bone twice: they put me under for that but you can do it under local if you prefer. I just didn't want to see. Medical stuff freaks me out.

Might as well get it fixed sooner than later in any case.
>>
>>37838227

Blood infection is a risk with the "Gideon" (smashy-smash) treatment. Better to get them done profesionally, especially if you're living in a jurisdiction where it won't cost you like $1000.
>>
Had/ have one. I'd press hard on it to reduce it. It's very small now and I don't even feel it
>>
Have one on my wrist that comes and goes. Get a sturdy mug and fill it with scalding hot water you want the outside of the mug to be hot. it's going to fucking burn but oh well suck it up press the mug against the cyst and roll it back and forth and apply pressure. Or if you really just want to get it over with stab it with a sterile knife till you see clear liquid that is synovial fluid just push it out and drain it just make sure your knife is sharp and you don't pussy out and end up cutting yourself worse than you need to.
>>
I had a ganglion on my wrist. They use to be called bible bumps because they would smash em with a big book. I smashed it but it eventually came back so I had it drained rather than cut out...hasn't came back since.
>>
File: IMG_1062.jpg (769 KB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1062.jpg
769 KB, 2016x1512
Had one of those when I was a kid. Couldnt move my wrist at all, and had it eventually surgically removed. I was around 8 iI think, and there has been no trace of it afterwards.
Pic related, my scar after the surgery.
>>
Smash it.
>>
Got one on my left wrist.
Had it removed.
It came back.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.